Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Get To Work Careers

I would love to see the political career become a GTW career.

Also would love for a business career like file papers, hold meetings, answer phones, ect.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member

Also would love for a business career like file papers, hold meetings, answer phones, ect.

you do know it's a mix of both? You sim can go out and collect donations but you could stay home and work

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ignaflandersignaflanders Posts: 2 New Member
    Since The Sims 4 has the subtle online functions (Content patches, weekly boosts) I think that there should be patches avaibable for EP owners as well.
    My ideas so far for in-job objectives are:
    • Athletic Career: Get Energized, Discuss Fitness with X Sims, Excersice for X hours.
    • Tech Guru, Gamer Branch. Play with [Sim Name], Play for X hours, Get cheered by mascots, Have X Sims watching
    • Business Career: File reports, Answer X phones, Give a business call to [Sim Name].

Since there are free content patches why not content patches for EPs? After all, Various people aren't satisfied due to the price/content relation.
    And that way, more careers could be either played inside the workplace, completing objectives, or just sending the Sim alone and having chance cards in GTW.
    Also, a bit unrelated, but I'm a bit disappointed that GTW doesn't have a Home Business option.
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    For the artist career is there something like a drawing option. The sims could use drawing tablets and make comics, or do commissions online.
    For the entertainment career there should be an option to branch off as a vocalist instead of just a musician or comedian right?
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    ...Can we double post? I wanted to edit something I said but I don't know how to do that or to delete it.

Anyways what I wanted to add was also getting more instruments like the cello, drums or other instruments. What if there was a game pack similar to the katy perry one? (Never played it) What I'm trying to say is what if there was a stuffpack that specialized in musical careers. In that pack you can form with other sims and perform. To make a band you'd need a manager who'd work with others like photographers or whatever in order to spread the word about the band...
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    If we do get more fully active careers, the main one I would want is veterinarian. I would absolutely love to have this in game when pets is released.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member

@YankeesForever How about: "add funny comic to billboard" or "play Solitaire on computer when boss is not looking", hehe.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    If we do get more fully active careers, the main one I would want is veterinarian. I would absolutely love to have this in game when pets is released.

@lunapball32 I could see this becoming part of a farming EP.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    aamaya31aamaya31 Posts: 39 Member
    I love these ideas!
  • Options
    @ts1depot I think it would personally make more sense in the Pets EP although I'm not holding my breath for it.
    I think the farming EP would concentrate more on running your farm and making money from your produce and animals.
    Although... I would love it was included in a farming EP so the vet sim could check on the horses and birth calves and what not too. (The Incredible Dr Pol - if you've ever seen it :) )
  • Options
    @ts1depot I think it would personally make more sense in the Pets EP although I'm not holding my breath for it.

I only mentioned the farming EP because in the past, so many people who have asked for the vet career have said that they didn't want to take care of house pets but also pigs, cows, horses, etc. But yeah, I guess if there's no hope for a farming EP, it would make more sense to introduce the vet career into Pets. Still holding out for a Farming EP, though! *fingers crossed* :p
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot trust me - so am I!!! haha. I would be obsessed with it!
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    So many careers I would want to see but it would be another expansion pack or something :( bands/solo artist + fame, modeling, fashion designing, tattoo artist, pro athlete, tv/film star, and all the rest :D
  • Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    New businesses to own :
    Tattoo parlour
    Salon/Barber shop
    Art Gallery/Museum (use existing lot but can own it and sell art/statues)
    Hotel B&B
    Laundrette
    Flower shop (return of flower arranging station)

Active Careers :
    Fame (Singer/Actor/Dancer/Model/Musician)
    Vet (Run a Veterinary surgery/pet shop)
    Education (toddler day care/school teacher for child&teens/university professor) [use a white board/projector to teach classes]
    Farm (grow crops/care for livestock [chicken coop, pig pen, cow shed]/run a farmers market)

Non active careers :
    Military
    Law
    Factory worker
    Pilot (with air host level)
    Driver (delivery, public, private)

Part time jobs :
    Cleaner
    Gardener
    Paper boy/girl
    Receptionist

Also bring back self employment.
  • Options
    DanitsiaDanitsia Posts: 12 New Member
    This.

I'd love to turn one of my Sims into a Vet and have that be added with the Pets Expansion (PLEASE make that expac happen!). I'd also love to build schools and have teachers for daycare, elementary, middle, and high schools.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member

I fully support this idea! :D

The Sims Game
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2017
    HeloNecro wrote: »
    ...Can we double post? I wanted to edit something I said but I don't know how to do that or to delete it.

Anyways what I wanted to add was also getting more instruments like the cello, drums or other instruments. What if there was a game pack similar to the katy perry one? (Never played it) What I'm trying to say is what if there was a stuffpack that specialized in musical careers. In that pack you can form with other sims and perform. To make a band you'd need a manager who'd work with others like photographers or whatever in order to spread the word about the band...

If you put your curser to the right top of the box your are posting in, there appears a little star and you click it and then you can edit and resubmit your post. You can do this as much as you want. Also, if you want to add pictures or words from someone else above, just go to their box after you have opened yours at the bottom of the page and click quote and it will paste it to what you have at the bottom in your post that is already open. :)

I would love:

farmer- with ability to breed and sell livestock and crops maybe at a Farmer's Livestock Market
    Housebuilding from the survey
    stylist-S3
    home interior-S3
    ability to be the nanny
    babysitting
    jobs without goals- pizza delivery, factory, fast food, ect.