Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art Commune Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Random thing guys but today is the birthday of my dreadlocks! That's right: my hair has been knotted up for five years now! Whooooooo! Partyyyyyyy!

Happy birthday dreadies ! Now that they're five , are they going to kindergarden ?
    :D They might soon. They've already spent some short periods of time in kindergarten, and the other kids are usually really curious about them and want to play with them. But sometimes I have to be the mean adult and not let kids touch my dreads because head lice epidemics are somewhat common in kindergarten and I don't want my babies getting infested.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    2 new DMD posts today with a Xenosi appearance:

Outcast
    Grieving

I would say enjoy, but these are sad chapters. DMD isn't a happy story. :/
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Outcast
    Grieving

Just read all of DMX to date. Whoa.... it's so good!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hey guys, what are your opinions on adding a person to the circle? I talked to a friend today and I think that she could use a group of open and awesome friend people. I can vouch for her and say that she would fit in here and that she is a good person and a good writer. I don't think it would add too much to your reading loads, and like me she's not that frequent an updater.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options

Outcast
    Grieving

@CathyTea Thank you. I'm curious. What do you think makes it good? I've been struggling with this one as it's different from my usual fare.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @MedleyMisty I'm in favor of adding another person. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @MedleyMisty I'm in favor of adding another person. :)

me too.
  • Options
    More DMD chapters... and a surprise (even for me... it wasn't planned or expected)! :)

Worry
    Four

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    More DMD chapters... and a surprise (even for me... it wasn't planned or expected)! :)

Worry
    Four

or dmx. i think sis was on her nook thing yesterday it autocorrects a lot.
  • Options

Worry
    Four

Lol... yeah, it's DMD. But I figured it was a typo so I didn't say anything. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Worry
    Four

Lol... yeah, it's DMD. But I figured it was a typo so I didn't say anything. :)

we pick on each other all the time. i tell her as the little sister its my job.lol
  • Options
    Hey guys, what are your opinions on adding a person to the circle? I talked to a friend today and I think that she could use a group of open and awesome friend people. I can vouch for her and say that she would fit in here and that she is a good person and a good writer. I don't think it would add too much to your reading loads, and like me she's not that frequent an updater.

I'm happy with another member! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Outcast
    Grieving

@CathyTea Thank you. I'm curious. What do you think makes it good? I've been struggling with this one as it's different from my usual fare.

Yeah. It was a typo (little Sis! :p )

I read it on my nook on the Tumblr app for android which makes the images look so crystal clear. And then I really got into the pace. The short chapters are delightful.

I love all the awfulness! LOL! The oppression, the seduction, the feeling of slavery and human trafficking. The connection between visuals and text are amazing.

The prose is in a quick-fire style, mostly, and that seems to fit, too.

Plus the characters are awesome and epic! I love the way they're revealed, too, with just getting a little bit each time and then having that lead to us wanting more...

Also, it feels to me like there's a real creative drive behind this. Plus the world-building is swoon-worthy.

I was reading it on vacation, surrounded by family who hardly gave me a moment's quiet to read, yet in spite of that, I was drawn in and immersed. Disbelief was suspended, and this world felt very real to me.

• Options
    edited February 2017

Outcast
    Grieving

I read it on my nook on the Tumblr app for android which makes the images look so crystal clear. And then I really got into the pace. The short chapters are delightful.

I love all the awfulness! LOL! The oppression, the seduction, the feeling of slavery and human trafficking. The connection between visuals and text are amazing.

Plus the characters are awesome and epic! I love the way they're revealed, too, with just getting a little bit each time and then having that lead to us wanting more...

Also, it feels to me like there's a real creative drive behind this. Plus the world-building is swoon-worthy.

I was reading it on vacation, surrounded by family who hardly gave me a moment's quiet to read, yet in spite of that, I was drawn in and immersed. Disbelief was suspended, and this world felt very real to me.

i know i was tired being you is hard. sorry adamandeve
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

Outcast
    Grieving

i know i was tired being you is hard.

*hugs you and that sentence*
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options

Outcast
    Grieving

rats now i have to look up opression.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Outcast
    Grieving

*blushes* Oh thank you @CathyTea
    This story/world has a whole different level of evil to it than the Racket family, which I've temporarily abandoned for this bizarre vampire-fairy-alien family. :) I'm enjoying just playing and seeing where the story takes me, which is a whole new thing for me - play-write-play-write instead of the other way around. I'm glad you are enjoying it and got sucked (well since this word was plummed... I'll say drawn...) into the story line. There's more epic-ness coming.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm fine with adding another person.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Also @AdamsEve1231 I agree with Cathy about the awesomeness of DMD. I love the visuals (so much dreary darkness and red - it really works for the story) and the dark tone and the worldbuilding. Also you can make short chapters very effective too despite your work usually being much wordier. Great job on that!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Also welcome home, @CathyTea ! I hope you had a good trip!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Also welcome home, @CathyTea ! I hope you had a good trip!

I had a great trip ! It rained almost the whole time , which is a treat for me, and my brother had "discussion questions ", so we had many wonderful deep conversations and really came together as grown-up siblings . .. maybe the closest we've been!

Now I'm so happy to be home ! :)