May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in pets?

Comments

• Options
    KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
    First, let's talk about the actual pets we want to see.

Dogs; the most popular breeds, big and small.
    Cats; let's get some breeds for these guys too.

Now in the files we’ve only found these guys, but maybe since we only found a few signs of vampires there's a possibility for more types of pets.

Horses; I’d love to add fur to make a Clydesdale horse.
    Birds; parrots or budgies.
    Fish; goldfish and others.
    Mice; self explanatory

Now, pets need quirky traits. I think 2 traits for 1 pet would work well.

Noisy; for dogs, makes them bark a lot.
    Hyper; for cats and dogs, makes them do crazy things.
    Easily Frightened; for any pet, hides from visitor and hates loud noises.
    Social; for any pet, loves any attention from anyone.
    Explorer; for any pet, will get lost but may find rare items.

Those are just some ideas for traits, we would need a few more. The reason I suggested 2 traits per pet is because I have a little kitten who is hyper but easily frightened.

We need a powerful tool like Cas. Create-a-pet. And we need selections for specific breeds. Not just the tool to make them look like that breed. Then we can customise where the stripes, spots and other patterns go.

Sims need life like interactions with pets. Toddlers should be able to smother their pet and in return get a scratch or get barked at loudly. This would also add new moodlets. Kids could be more careful and caring with pets but still have a chance to scare them away especially pets with the easily scared trait.

A new trait for sims could be added. ‘Nurturing’ they should be able to work well with younger sims and pets.

I'm kind of blanked out for pet items so some suggestions on them would help. My cats tend to just play with random toys we leave lying around and not their mice we bought for them anyway.
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    edited January 2017
    I want pets like in sims 2 please. I want them to be, uncontrollable, but able to train and obey. I want pets to do what they want. To sleep in my bed and for cats to climb the balcony. As for toddlers I want them to be able to coddle the pets ofc and to ride the big dogs xD

I want pets to do messy things and destroy stuff like in sims 2. ''Oh no my cat destroyed the sofa I need a new one. Well I should train my cat not to do that''

Animals that I want to see as pets too are rabbits but I don't want them in the cage I want them running free in the house and maybe destroying stuff too. I hope they put world animals too like deer, foxes, wolfs.

I want to be able to walk my pets ofc with a leash or free them of the leash and if I do that they could run away and get lost. If the pet get lost I want the sims to be able to go door by door to ask for the pet and put posters in the parks around the neighbourhood. Also to post on the computer.

I really want to be able to bread my pets and sell them and own a pet shop. Also a veterinarian job like the doctor one.
  • Options
    AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    A small but important feature: being able to sell your pets.

Also being able to save your own breeds.

In sims 2 i had a kennel where i sold lots of puppies.
    You couldnt sell them in sims 3 only give them up for adoption, which made it impossible to earn money on kennels.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    To be a mayor of my town, with all my citizens being walking, talking animals. Yet, I'm the only human.

Jokes aside, more farm stuff. And the ability to own other animals. Like monkeys, reptiles, arachnids. The return of the vet job. PLEASE! And possibly a zoologist (which could mean zoos? That'd be great).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Andremi wrote: »
    A small but important feature: being able to sell your pets.

Also being able to save your own breeds.

In sims 2 i had a kennel where i sold lots of puppies.
    You couldnt sell them in sims 3 only give them up for adoption, which made it impossible to earn money on kennels.

Agreed, i want the pet stores back.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2017
    Clic clic clic... What's that noise!?! Your pet's nails on floor are are keeping you awake, better clip them soon.

The ability to put mittens on their paws during the winter. Obligatory funny walk.

Take a picture, add funny text... and a meme is born. Our pets could gain celebrity status this way.

• Options
    Lil_bluYTLil_bluYT Posts: 7 New Member
    If there was a pet expansions ill probally get 3 dogs and make one of them white pixalated annoying
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Dogs,Cats,Lizards,Birds and Snakes...can we get a monkeys are is that too extreme? ;)
  • Options
    jonggwapojonggwapo Posts: 3 New Member
    Obviously I'd love to see Dogs and Cats. Not sure about Horses though because Sims 4 isn't really an open world like the Sims 3. I'd love to see turtles, birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, lizards basically other small pets but I don't want them to be playable, like I just want them to be like an interactive object because I can't imagine EA making individual models and interactions for each of those pets lol.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    pets with emotion, See what happens if you take a fish away from a cat.
    Vampires being able to feed off of pets... vampire pets?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FrancisPuddingFrancisPudding Posts: 10 New Member
    What about the ability to own and run an animal shelter? This would be a great way to both give people a 'place' to buy pets, but not endorse the commodification of animals!
  • Options
    KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
    Haimona wrote: »
    Dogs,Cats,Lizards,Birds and Snakes...can we get a monkeys are is that too extreme? ;)

Well we got unicorns. I'd love to see monkeys.
  • Options
    Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member

I would like to see pets having a range of personalities and behaviours.
    . Family friendly = very friendly, will cuddle children and toddlers and protect family from harmful sims.

. Snob= will only eat cooked meals and never pet food, will demand attention from owners and will ask for treats.

. Angry or evil= pet will enjoy having a family that is evil or mean rather than good family, will go to the "bathroom" on neighbors front door and will easily become angry or mean to others.

. Smart or genius: this pets will gain skills twice as fast, they will understand their families better and less likely to be stressed.

. Playful: loves playing games with others, not a great listener and will have trouble following orders and will be instantly liked by others.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2017
    Clothing for pets to make them look super-cute. You can have your little fluffy Bichons wear sweaters!

When it comes to some other things, we have frogs, insects and fish, but they're basically decorations. There's a bird feeder too, so would birds be different from that? Some suggestions are kind of variations - like how a zebra would end up as a small horse. How about a huge boa constrictor? You can wear it. Or a crocodile? Things that bring serious variety rather than skins.

How about a Vet career? Or dog show-esque events?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Madison1733Madison1733 Posts: 51 New Member
    I love the range of pets that was in the sims 3, so i hope that could be in the sims 4, too. Traits are a great idea, it would make them more realistic. I've noticed that everyone has different opinions on having pets playable or non-playable, so many there could be an option somewhere to disable/enable playable pets. I personally would love to have them playable. I think it would be awesome if they had specific interactions for each pet species, that sims and pets could do.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about the Grim Reaper getting a skeletal steed that you have to unlock?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I would love to see pets have the ability to be vicious and frighten strangers!

I would love to see pets be allowed to be given bones and special treats if they're on their best behaviour.

Hamsters and spiders would add some variety to the gameplay. They would also have more than just sitting in a container and occasionally being fed, they should be able to be picked up and played with. That's just my opinion of how it should be.

• Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I assume we'll get a variety of cat (and dog) breeds. Dogs aren't the only ones with widely diverse breeds!
    Here are a variety of cat breeds I'd love to see in the game: (not in any particular order and I don't expect to get all of them)
    • persian
    • tabby
    • calico
    • tuxedo
    • abyssinian
    • siamese
    • sphynx
    • somali
    • himalayan
    • bombay (black cat basically)
    • shorthair
    • bobtail (japanese) / manx / pixie-bob –all have really short tails I don't really expect to see all of them but these are examples–
    • savannah
    • snowshoe
    • scottish fold
    • American curl
    • ragdoll
    • ragamuffin
    • munchkin
    • maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    • devon rex
    • cornish rex
    • Russian blue
    • chartreux
    • Turkish angora
    • birman
    • burmese
    • bengal
    I could go on but I should really stop now.

Final thoughts.
    I think they could actually accomplish the look of many of these just breeds by having individual parts customizable. (short-tail or long-tail, small ears or big ears, curled ears or pointed ears, short legs or long legs, longhair or shorthair, bigger cat or snaller cat, big fluffy tail or regular tail....etc.) Then they could just have "breed" as a base for general appearance (like the signature smushed face of the persian, folded ears of the scottish fold, short legs of the munchkin, coat pattern for calico and tabby with different color swatches...etc.) I'm definitely expecting some kind of pets cas and I hope that pets don't count towards your max 8 sims household limit. But, whatever we get, as long as I have my cats I think I'll be pretty content.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I think it's important that they focus on dogs, cats, and small pets, though I'd love more farm animals if they go with a rural/farm theme (I'd particularly like the return of chicken coops, cows, and horses). So I think we need two separate packs because I'd want them to go fairly in-depth with farm life (new world, new crops, animals and associated chores, etc.) and regular pets.

I'd like to see a pet system similar to the toddler system, where sims can be designated caretakers (maybe call it master, companion, whatever). I think having one trait is good if, like with toddlers, the traits are really different and matter. Dogs and cats should definitely also have emotions, like sims, and have a needs bar for attention. What I want changed from previous games is for sims to autonomously pay more attention to their pets, I don't want to have to worry so much about pets being starved for attention and getting taken away.

Some other things- really want a vet career, pet shops, breeding and having puppies and kittens, a dog trainer you can send dogs to for housebreaking and other skills (could be a rabbit hole, I just want an easy way to pay to avoid the trouble of skilling up pets), cats to be able to jump up on counters and desks, dogs and cats to be able to sleep at the foot of the bed when sims are sleeping, and to be able to take dogs for walks around the park and other public areas on a leash.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Pets would be the ideal "Rural Living" pack, for me.
    I don't necessarily want or need horses, but if they can make them work, then I'm all for it. What I don't need is Sims riding horses through the streets of San Myshuno (unless they're a cop, of course, or if they include hansom cabs for our Sims to ride in). Hopefully horse walkbys would only be in worlds where it actually makes sense.

I want them to get rid of strays, or drastically reduce the number. In Sims 3, I had more strays than people, it seemed. If I want a pet, I'll just go into CAS and make one.

Some new frogs and fish to raise would be awesome, and I'd love to see the ability to feed and clean the tanks of not just fish and frogs, but also alien specimens. At least the live ones. Snakes and birds would be great, too, but I take issue with catching them in the wild. They seem like they should be bought at an actual pet store/shelter.

The ability to name our Cowplants would be appreciated, too. They're practically members of the family, we should be able to name them.

Being a rural living pack, I want chicken coops, milkable cows, wild llamas in the world the way TS3 had deer (provided they stick to the world from the EP, the deer infestation got pretty crazy in TS3), and the introduction of a knitting skill. Our own pet llamas should provide the wool. I know IRL people use alpaca wool, but hey, it's the Sims. It's all llamas, all the time.

Actually, I'd be okay with wild deer, but again, only in the Pets neighborhood. I don't need them everywhere. But I want pet llamas. It's been 17 years, I think it's about time. :)
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    uossiiuossii Posts: 20 New Member
    As a bird lover, I definitely want to see the popular pet bird breed - conures! Conures are very sweet, very small and very expensive. They require lots of care and attention, and they are also incredibly popular, as said before. I have had two pet conures in my life, one of them a green-cheek named Pepper who has sadly died and the other one is a baby sun conure still with me today named Luka.

I have met several other birds, including a very sweet blue macaw named Zeus. He had one leg and his feathers were all messed up, but he was the most mellow, even-tempered bird I've met!

Either way, birds are some very intelligent creatures with personalities of their own. A lot of them have the brain capacity to learn human language. They are amazing animals and I'd love to see more them added into this pets expansion pack!
  • Options
    Hammmsteeerrrs i want hammies more so little plum shaped ones they're so smol and round and chubby
    bunnies
    puppies
    kitties
    snakes
    birds
    horses would be nice too
    fishes that you can feed
    turtles

i would like to see toddler eating the pet food again
    them sleeping in the pet beds
    maybe them releasing the rats or hamster
    maybe children bring home the class room pet
    maybe have like a pet store
    maybe cats getting curious about a tub and ended up going into the tub
    it would be cool to have an active k-9
    have pet jobs back

Oh YES. Class pets would be great. Love those ideas for toddler interactions, too.

And while we're at it, I want an unlockable robot dog, like in The Sims Freeplay.
    7p894jf4m13y.jpg
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Hammmsteeerrrs i want hammies more so little plum shaped ones they're so smol and round and chubby
    bunnies
    puppies
    kitties
    snakes
    birds
    horses would be nice too
    fishes that you can feed
    turtles

have pet jobs back

Oh YES. Class pets would be great. Love those ideas for toddler interactions, too.

And while we're at it, I want an unlockable robot dog, like in The Sims Freeplay.
    7p894jf4m13y.jpg

Omg those things are adorable! That would be awesome if they added those in.
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    bunnies
    puppies
    kitties
    snakes
    birds
    horses would be nice too
    fishes that you can feed
    turtles

have pet jobs back

7p894jf4m13y.jpg

Omg those things are adorable! That would be awesome if they added those in.

If they had Sims with allergies (new trait, perhaps?) this would be a great alternative.
    Not to mention aliens and scientists might prefer a non-Earth pet.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    chestercookie189chestercookie189 Posts: 65 Member
    I think that in the Sims 4 pets, Horses will Not be added as unlike the Sims 3 the worlds are not really made for horses and I am not sure how horses would fit in sadly, however if this is the case I think to compensate for this in the Sims 4 pets we should get:

Cats And Dogs (of course)

Tiny Animals.
    .small birds
    .Rodents
    .snakes
    .lizards
    (and other things like tarantulas, mice and hamsters and more)

Small Animals.
    these animals should be in a slightly bigger enclosure than the tiny animals
    .Rats
    .guinea pigs
    .Large Birds
    .Chinchillas
    .Rabbits

Fish
    in a range of bowls and tanks.

Then we should get some outside animals
    Pygmy Goats
    Micro Pigs
    Llamas
    Emus (maybe not)

.in the lakes ducks and swans should be added with the option to feed them and stuff
    .Small Animal runs so Sims could get out hamsters and small animal and play with them on the floor without them escaping
    .Different sized dog options small, medium and large

Finally I think the limit of 8 Sims should increase to 8 Sims and 8 pets (dogs and cats) not small pets or fish .