Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Oh my god, I'm terrified" - Hint to 'Scared' emotion?

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Hucklekree wrote: »
    Please more traits and a scared emotion, also yes to a new aspiration!

There are 3 new aspirations but I don't know about traits or emotions.

3??? Cool, how do we know this?

Saw the tweet... thing is I can't find it again so I am frantically searching through my feed looking for it! lol. Will link it once I find it again.

It was from SimGuruRusskii and simply said No new traits but we have 3 new aspirations :)

found it!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

Saw the tweet... thing is I can't find it again so I am frantically searching through my feed looking for it! lol. Will link it once I find it again.

It was from SimGuruRusskii and simply said No new traits but we have 3 new aspirations :)

found it!

Well there goes my hope for a cowardly and brave trait lol they still haven't said anything about new emotions, have they?
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    That's definitely just the song of the trailer. I wouldn't hold my hopes too high on the matter, I'm afraid that sims will have just a "tense" moodlet around vampire, like they have one for being near someone in a bear outfit.

Yeah, I doubt they will add another emotion

(also I love your signature, I'm also a fan of Red Velvet)
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited January 2017

found it!

Well there goes my hope for a cowardly and brave trait lol they still haven't said anything about new emotions, have they?

Well.. Funny because I asked SimGuruNinja if there was a new scared emotion and he didn't answer but minutes later answered my second tweet about the llama vampire statue. Soo.. Either he didn't want to say no then and there or he COULDNT because they're going to talk about it!

ETA: which is weird because they've answered the things they can debunk, like no new traits.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

found it!

Well.. Funny because I asked SimGuruNinja if there was a new scared emotion and he didn't answer but minutes later answered my second tweet about the llama vampire statue. Soo.. Either he didn't want to say no then and there or he COULDNT because they're going to talk about it!

ETA: which is weird because they've answered the things they can debunk, like no new traits.
    That is suspicious. It does seem like if they weren't adding one, he would know and they would just say no.

If it were to come, it would be in the patch prior, I'm sure, so maybe they're just trying to keep the Q/A about the pack itself and not talk about anything else?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

found it!

That is suspicious. It does seem like if they weren't adding one, he would know and they would just say no.

If it were to come, it would be in the patch prior, I'm sure, so maybe they're just trying to keep the Q/A about the pack itself and not talk about anything else?

Confirmed no new sacred emotion. Check luth's tweet thread. SimGuruNinja replied that there will not be one.
  • Options
    Confirmed no new sacred emotion. Check luth's tweet thread. SimGuruNinja replied that there will not be one.
    Aw. :disappointed:

Oh well. I hope they will still consider one for future content.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Just so people know now...
    No new scared emotion.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Just so people know now...
    No new scared emotion.

That's disappointing. What could be a better occasion to add it then now?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

That's disappointing. What could be a better occasion to add it then now?

Agreed, disappointing but not surprising. :/

I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    Oh I would have liked a scared emotion. :'( Would have been a better way to die by scared to death than the emotional deaths we have now. I could see my sim being scared to death over dying of laughter or anger.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I hope so, but wouldn't they have mentioned it in the blog? Maybe they mean to patch it in or something. But I don't expect them to - anything like that seems to be too much of a hassle for them tbh.

Maybe a patch...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't think so. The songs usually aren't hints to anything; I think the lyrics just simply fit the theme of the pack, since it's supposed to be scary. I wouldn't complain about a Scared/Frightened emotion, though.

I agree. It's just a song to fit the theme... I would have rather something more rock and roll but oh well
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited January 2017
    No new obesity emotion.

Oh.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Well I hope they consider it for the future (perhaps in a patch since it can also relate to BG features such as fires, ghosts, etc.). They must know it's something we really want
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    No new obesity emotion.

Oh.

Hey! Don't misquote me.
    I said no Scared Emotion.
    :expressionless:
  • Options
    PinkFuelPinkFuel Posts: 26 New Member
    I would have love a scared emotion
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Tense is pretty much the scared emotion, so there probably won't ever be a scared emotion.
    moss

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tense is pretty much the scared emotion, so there probably won't ever be a scared emotion.

Tense is such a board term, that it doesn't really fit well with burning alive and alike :neutral:
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It's alright they have multiple shots to add the Scared Emotion. I would imagine it would take a while.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think a scared emotion would work very well in the base game, I'll give some examples of events that could happen for a sim to get scared in the base game

- A pregnant sim is in labour and the expecting father or mother could be scared of parenthood
    - A child could be scared of an upcoming sibling, "afraid of being replaced" could be an appropriate title
    - If someone dies and the Grim Reaper shows up they could be "afraid of death"
    - If someone does the "scare" interaction on another sim
    - When the monster under the bed shows up the kids would get scared instead of uncomfortable
    - When a ghost shows up and performs different interactions on sims or on objects
    - When a sim is in a dark room
    - When a sim is alone in the dark at night
    - A teen or kid could come back from school being "afraid of upcoming test"

Different traits could also give exclusive opportunities to become scared
    Loner:
    - when surrounded by lots of sims
    - when around an enemy

Insane:
    - mood swing moodlet that makes them scared

Romantic:
    - can be scared of dating a noncommittal sim

Good:
    - become scarred around angry sims
    - become scarred around mean sims

Ambitious:
    - become scarred of a demotion/being fired if performing poorly at work

Noncommittal:
    - Scarred of getting married/growing a family

These are just some examples for the base game, I could go on and on

In the expansion packs there could also be some opportunities

Get to Work
    - getting abducted by aliens
    - meeting an alien
    - performing a delivery on a pregnant sim
    - an illness that makes a sim scarred
    - Interrogating sims could pose as scarred in the detective career "suspect appears to be scared"
    - When sims with the Genius trait mess up an experiment in the scientist career they can become "afraid of failure"

Get Together
    - When performing a banned activity in a club they could be "afraid of getting kicked out"
    - When around an infamous club sims could become scared, even in the description of the "infamous" perk it says "others will fear your club," if I remember correctly
    - When visiting the haunted mansion the sim could get a "haunted vibe" moodlet from the lot

City Living
    - Sims with certain traits can become "afraid of heights" when in a tall building, penthouse, or Up Town
    - The haunted, quake zone, and cursed lot traits can give off a scarred moodlet
    - When attending some of the competitive festivals, Geekcon and the Humour and Hijinks festival, a sim can become "afraid of losing"
    - When blowing a certain bubble flavour a sim can become scared
    - When a kid sees the racoon NPC they can become scarred, "afraid of giant scary costume" could be a title

Outdoor Retreat
    - Sims with the squeamish trait can become afraid of the bugs around
    - Sims could become afraid of camping when camping out in a tent area
    - I believe there's a "scary story" interaction when sitting around the campfire that could also make sims scarred (I might be wrong about this one)

I could go on and on, I believe I've made my point clear, a scarred emotion would be very nice to have in the base game

Edit: just read that there will be no new scarred emotion, but they really should consider it, sims have died from fear in previous sims games, would just make sense to add back the death through a scared emotion, as I have clearly stated above, a scared emotion would work fine in just the base game.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    I think a scared emotion would work very well in the base game, I'll give some examples of events that could happen for a sim to get scared in the base game

- A pregnant sim is in labour and the expecting father or mother could be scared of parenthood
    - A child could be scared of an upcoming sibling, "afraid of being replaced" could be an appropriate title
    - When the monster under the bed shows up the kids would get scared instead of uncomfortable
    - When a ghost shows up and performs different interactions on sims or on objects

Loner:
    - when around an enemy

Insane:

Romantic:

Good:

Ambitious:

Noncommittal:

Get to Work
    - meeting an alien
    - Interrogating sims could pose as scarred in the detective career "suspect appears to be scared"
    - When sims with the Genius trait mess up an experiment in the scientist career they can become "afraid of failure"

Get Together
    - When performing a banned activity in a club they could be "afraid of getting kicked out"
    - When around an infamous club sims could become scared, even in the description of the "infamous" perk it says "others will fear your club," if I remember correctly
    - When visiting the haunted mansion the sim could get a "haunted vibe" moodlet from the lot

City Living
    - Sims with certain traits can become "afraid of heights" when in a tall building, penthouse, or Up Town
    - When attending some of the competitive festivals, Geekcon and the Humour and Hijinks festival, a sim can become "afraid of losing"
    - When a kid sees the racoon NPC they can become scarred, "afraid of giant scary costume" could be a title

Outdoor Retreat
    - I believe there's a "scary story" interaction when sitting around the campfire that could also make sims scarred (I might be wrong about this one)

I could go on and on, I believe I've made my point clear, a scarred emotion would be very nice to have in the base game

Edit: just read that there will be no new scarred emotion, but they really should consider it, sims have died from fear in previous sims games, would just make sense to add back the death through a scared emotion, as I have clearly stated above, a scared emotion would work fine in just the base game.
    Good ideas. ^^

I think some of the way stuff works shows that not having a Scared emotion is stretching the definition of some of the other ones. Like the kid being Uncomfortable about the monster under the bed, as you mentioned. Clearly stretching plausibility a little there. It's like one step removed from where the emotion needs to be.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

Loner:
    - when around an enemy

Insane:

Romantic:

Good:

Ambitious:

Noncommittal:

Get to Work
    - meeting an alien

Get Together

City Living

Outdoor Retreat

This is a fantastic list. In fact it kind of shows why it was really hard for Vampires (a GP) to tackle a new emotion. We'd want/need to hook it up to so much more than just the new Vampire stuff it would have really taken away from our core focus - interesting, cool Vampires. To hook this in as meaningfully as it deserved would have meant some other interesting Vampire feature be left by the wayside to accommodate it.
  • Options

Loner:
    - when around an enemy

Insane:

Romantic:

Good:

Ambitious:

Noncommittal:

Get to Work
    - meeting an alien

Get Together

City Living

Outdoor Retreat

This is a fantastic list. In fact it kind of shows why it was really hard for Vampires (a GP) to tackle a new emotion. We'd want/need to hook it up to so much more than just the new Vampire stuff it would have really taken away from our core focus - interesting, cool Vampires. To hook this in as meaningfully as it deserved would have meant some other interesting Vampire feature be left by the wayside to accommodate it.
    Thanks for sharing that insight! Good to know.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

Loner:
    - when around an enemy

Insane:

Romantic:

Good:

Ambitious:

Noncommittal:

Get to Work
    - meeting an alien

Get Together

City Living

Outdoor Retreat

Very understandable, I get where you're coming from with Vampires coming in a GP and all, hopefully we will receive a scared emotion one day, whether it would be through some sort of expansion or free update. I have faith in the Sims team, always have, always will!