Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Life vs. Get Together

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2016
    Get Together adds the traditional features of a city pack without the city (dancing, night clubs, new venues, group system, etc.), and City Living adds features that very well could have fit into Get Together (singing, apartments, etc.)

The Sims Studio should really reconsider how ever it is they're planning packs. IMHO, Get Together and City Living should have been one pack, with a large city, the European town given with another pack later.

Overall though, I'd say City Living is definitely more appealing and entertaining to play with. I just can't get over how inconsistent and unorganized this new generation of The Sims is.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2016
    Get Together >>>>>>>>>>> Get To Work >>>>>>>>> City Living
    you don't even have City Living so how do you know it should be last? I think out of all the EP this one is the best.

I don't need to have it to say what I think. City Living lacks more than what it offers

You do need to have it to form a full opinion.

Notice all the negativity went away once it released?

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2016
    I love how the half baked get to work isn't an option :#

I love them both. I ADORE get togethers build mode and love city livings cas
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Get Together >>>>>>>>>>> Get To Work >>>>>>>>> City Living
    you don't even have City Living so how do you know it should be last? I think out of all the EP this one is the best.

I don't need to have it to say what I think. City Living lacks more than what it offers

You do need to have it to form a full opinion.

Notice all the negativity went away once it released?

All the negativity went away?? Are you kidding me? I see more disappointed players. Every day there is a new bad discovery!
    Like how food carts do not work outside the new world, like how romance festival made love interest issue more worse and many others.
    The pack is more problems than benefits.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

So basically it is not the game play that you are into. CAS and build mode can be part of any pack, even an SP.
    I appreciate the game play Get Together is offering. The club feature is a long term and has a good replay value in my game. My rich sims have a a set of housemaids, repair men etc all as clubs. CL is not offering anything long term. Festivals I already can do them in my game with my current mods. I can fill the willow creek park with a huge festival, all kind of objects, all wanted auras and many sims (over 100) on a big large area. Not crammed in a small area and without creating unwanted effects.

The only two things I like about CL is the bubble blower which I read comes with different effects and having the console. I don't see any other merit there.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member

So basically it is not the game play that you are into. CAS and build mode can be part of any pack, even an SP.
    I appreciate the game play Get Together is offering. The club feature is a long term and has a good replay value in my game. My rich sims have a a set of housemaids, repair men etc all as clubs. CL is not offering anything long term. Festivals I already can do them in my game with my current mods. I can fill the willow creek park with a huge festival, all kind of objects, all wanted auras and many sims (over 100) on a big large area. Not crammed in a small area and without creating unwanted effects.

The only two things I like about CL is the bubble blower which I read comes with different effects and having the console. I don't see any other merit there.

Didn't you like the apartments and all other CITY aspects of CL though? I mean for me I might not see the point of how clubs are fun. Maybe you can explain it to me?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2016
    @halimali1980 Idk, I understand why you're so harsh on TS4 in a way because it definitely deserves some tough love, and there are a lot of things that still need to be fleshed out and improved, with family play probably being at the top of those unresolved issues. And yet, when I learned more about CL & knew I could get it a little cheaper, I decided to get it despite the limitations. It honestly does add more than you think. I like how we can reuse the club features and make them match with this EP - and they will, for that matter, match with every EP, that's what they told us anyway. It expands on base game content & previous EP content and that's something I actually really appreciate. Also, the "splitting" of content that looks like it would've fit together into one instead of two EPs, is something a lot of people (myself included) also say about TS3's showtime & LN. Some people even argued that all supernatural did was give us "supernatural ways" of doing things we were already able to do anyway (making potions, finding collectibles, etc.).

I think this is something that is a little inherent to the sims series itself. After all, its main monetary goal was always to release as much paid DLC as possible, and that DLC hasn't always been super fleshed out before either. But regardless of all that, I understand how much some people wanted to build apartments, and also why some believe that festivals add nothing new / rehash base game content. I guess in a way, yes, they do. But you're not paying only for those festivals - and I like the new way they make me do old things, also the jokster/prankster-drinking-game, the love guru, the curry challenge, the flea market, and that weird romance vibe are new in their own way even if a lot of the activities aren't.

You're also paying for a new world & apartments, basketball, graffiti, bubble blowers, singing, karaoke, gaming consoles, three new careers, 2 new traits, a new aspiration, a couple of new interactions, new difficulties, neighbors, and the whole game play that comes with the new lot traits. And yes, I like this game play a lot more than I thought I would. I actually believe CL adds a lot more depth than LGR said for example, but you do need to like something about TS4 to want to go into this world & explore that. Are there things I miss? Yes, bands playing together for example, or maybe occasionally some more venue types within the city. On the other hand, I haven't even filled Newcrest yet, haven't explored clubs as much as I'd like, haven't build any new cool venues in a long time, haven't played some traits at all, etc.

And actually, CL makes me want to finally do a lot of those things. It brings back some kind of value to TS4 (for me). If I hadn't tried CL, and I would be reading some of the threads where people comment on it (many of those people not actually owning or having played CL), I'd think it was the most terrible thing ever. But the thing is, it actually really isn't. It's fun, I enjoy it, and by consequence, I finally enjoy TS4. So perhaps it's too easy to keep zooming in on the type of activities you can do at the festivals, and instead worth focusing on the overall ways it can add to existing game play and why some people might enjoy it. I don't think anyone should buy it if they hate TS4, or if they really don't see anything good about it, but not everyone who likes it is a mindless fangirl/-boy. Some people gave it an honest shot, even though they too were scared because of the overall issues with TS4, and still .. ended up liking it. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    I think I'm gonna pick Get Together. To me, GT is more 'extendable' than CL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I would say get together. It adds so much more as far as gameplay I actually use. The best thing about CL in my opinion is the feel of the new map and how pretty the new stuff is.
  • Options
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I would say get together. It adds so much more as far as gameplay I actually use. The best thing about CL in my opinion is the feel of the new map and how pretty the new stuff is.

I notice how you say "new stuff" I guess it'll probably wear off soon huh?

• Options

Haha, yeah I thought Get to Work never really introduced new towns or anything new other than going to your sims jobs so I thought...hey GT and CL are pretty much the same kind of EP we should compare those instead of having GW as well :)

• Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Get Together adds the traditional features of a city pack without the city (dancing, night clubs, new venues, group system, etc.), and City Living adds features that very well could have fit into Get Together (singing, apartments, etc.)

The Sims Studio should really reconsider how ever it is they're planning packs. IMHO, Get Together and City Living should have been one pack, with a large city, the European town given with another pack later.

Overall though, I'd say City Living is definitely more appealing and entertaining to play with. I just can't get over how inconsistent and unorganized this new generation of The Sims is.

Your idea of how they could've fit in a lot of packs into one is an insightful idea but do they really want to introduce that much more gameplay for a price of an expansion pack? I think they thought that divvying it up sounded like a better idea.

• Options
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Oh this is tough. I love the European feel in Get Together. Windenburg was the start of my legacy family as well so it does hold some special significance to me. A lot of the clothes, hair and club activities are some of my most used in the game.
    However, I am a city girl at heart. While I love Europe and the general feel of Windenburg, nothing compares to skyscrapers for me. I ADORE being in the city (moved my legacy family over to San Myshuno) but even more than that, I think CL brought more clothing and hair options that better suit my gaming style (colorful, cultural, modern). I also really enjoy the festivals, although they can be a bit slow at first, mine always pick up and get interesting.
    But it could just be like someone earlier stated, CL is newer and fresher on our minds unlike GT, so we may all feel this way because we have something new to entertain us!
    solvorsh wrote: »
    I don't really use the clubs that much in my gameplay, but I absolutely love Windenburg and all the stuff that came with it. A lot of nice objects and clothes. I'm afraid the neighbours in CL will become annoying after a while, always knocking on the door whenever my sim play the guitar or sing a little bit. Both packs are great and I don't regret getting any of them, but as for now I like CL better than GT.

You guys are basically saying the same thing about GT which says lots of things. You both like the European feel which may have been GT's main selling point + the stuff that came with it. So for gameplay you guys might've liked CL but in the term of stuff and basically "decor/surroundings" GT was a better choice?

• Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »

I notice how you say "new stuff" I guess it'll probably wear off soon huh?

Well that is how I feel at least. I mean I don't regret the money I spent on it but if I had to choose between the two it would be GT.

I don't even do fancy clubs in GT I just use it for friends to gather for things like movie night or coffee or even eating together. I guess it will mostly depend on how you like to play though and what is important to you :)
  • Options

Didn't you like the apartments and all other CITY aspects of CL though? I mean for me I might not see the point of how clubs are fun. Maybe you can explain it to me?

No, Like the retail I am hating the apartment setup in this game. That is why I will not be buying it for apartments. When I am buying this pack it will be for the bubble blower + console. Nothing else. So for these two objects I will not pay $40. when it is $15 or less I will buy this pack.

I use clubs in several things. Services, family clubs, I've even used the club to give faith/religion to my sims. Male clubs, female clubs, Clubs made for sitcom shows like Desperate Housewives characters etc..

I was so hoping that CL would offer actual apartments to make more like Friends and Seinfeld characters but I guess I have to work with apartments the way I planned to do before the announcement of this EP. Have multiple families on the same lot (using mods), use the lock and use another mod which adds money to sims inventory.

Sims 4 does not have retail and it does not have apartments. I reject to call these shells as apartments
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Am I the only one that would pick GTW over GT and CL?
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @MissCherie yes :(

No srsly, why do you prefer it? It's kinda weird it was omitted entirely from this thread, as I'm sure there must be others who prefer it over the rest, although I'm not one of the myself but hey, still curious :)
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2016
    Honestly, the packs should have been merged. Late Night did this, and when you make a new product, it's supposed to progress and become more innovate, yes? Anyways, City Living only for the fact we have a city and not some little suburban area. I have no interest in clubs and "getting together." Boy I must be a boring person.
    :D
  • Options
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Am I the only one that would pick GTW over GT and CL?

Haha, I didn't include that as a choice so maybe not :)

• Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

No srsly, why do you prefer it? It's kinda weird it was omitted entirely from this thread, as I'm sure there must be others who prefer it over the rest, although I'm not one of the myself but hey, still curious :)

I thought I would omit it as GTW didn't give us a new world and wasn't as similar to how GT and CL is.

• Options
    Kurotard wrote: »
    Honestly, the packs should have been merged. Late Night did this, and when you make a new product, it's supposed to progress and become more innovate, yes? Anyways, City Living only for the fact we have a city and not some little suburban area. I have no interest in clubs and "getting together." Boy I must be a boring person.
    :D

Yes, that would make our days but yeah me too. I don't have lots of interest in clubs or meeting lots of new people (all the fuss and etc. I tend to stick with some sims and some of their friends) I'm a boring person too! :) lol

• Options

I thought I would omit it as GTW didn't give us a new world and wasn't as similar to how GT and CL is.

Makes sense :) I'm glad they mash well together though, might just bring me to finally use the club feature a little more :)
  • Options

Makes sense :) I'm glad they mash well together though, might just bring me to finally use the club feature a little more :)

Yeah, I think that by using clubs in a city + maybe the dancing updates and stuff. That would be REAL city life huh?

• Options

Yeah, I think that by using clubs in a city + maybe the dancing updates and stuff. That would be REAL city life huh?

I guess so, although during my time in our lovely capital I went to a club about ... once :D So maybe I'm not the best person to ask ^^
  • Options

I guess so, although during my time in our lovely capital I went to a club about ... once :D So maybe I'm not the best person to ask ^^

Haha! more of a home person huh?