Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Protest Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Hi OP I'm sorry you're not enjoying the game, and I understand the frustration and sometimes you just need to get things off your chest.

I do like the game, and the talking toilet ( which do exist in real life ) it's nice to see some of the old humour that was in previous sims games make a return. I'm definitely buying the expansion because it's something I want in my game, and from what I've read here and on other forum it's a popular one, just as the politics career is. It is frustrating that packs don't come in the order that we want, but I like the what we've had so far, and as long as it keeps adding to my gameplay I'll keep buying.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The game isn't perfect, but people do want some of the features you mentioned. I.e laundry.

I think it's a bit rude to say you want the game banned because you personally don't enjoy it. There are lots of games I don't enjoy, but I would never go onto their forum and call for it to be banned. I go and play something else!
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    I rather suspect that the OP meant 'boycott' rather than 'ban', but that could be an inaccurate assumption on my part.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    The game isn't perfect, but people do want some of the features you mentioned. I.e laundry.

I think it's a bit rude to say you want the game banned because you personally don't enjoy it. There are lots of games I don't enjoy, but I would never go onto their forum and call for it to be banned. I go and play something else!
    I agree with you. I don't really like TS4 all that much, but I'm not going to wish for it be banned either because I know other people do love this game.
    He/Him
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited September 2016
    i am starting to get weary of all those happy simmers who seem to have nothing better to do than going to every negative thread to tell the OP to plum off

just a little & i will be seen in every positive thread with my negativity :joy:

so
    HAPPY SIMMERS
    if your beloved TS4 is such a blast
    why don't you go playing it !!!
    that's what beloved games are for isn't it ?

No one is catching flak for their opinion per se, it's just the wording can be a bit overly caustic sometimes and that's what people are responding to.

It is true I try to make positive replies to negative threads. I do this to both sort of sympathize with the OP by highlighting the merits of their position and also to try to highlight some good things about the game so they can hopefully go back to having fun, not to demean the OP's opinion.

Sometimes it genuinely baffles me that a non-competitive single player game can cause so much tension between people. But what the hey, I guess people are just passionate. So I try to defuse the tension as much as I can since ultimately it's JUST A GAME.

Honestly I have a hard time respecting what you said. It's fine to be negative and dislike the game. But being negative for the sake of being negative is, in my opinion, not helping and frankly a bit childish.

But fine. Let's stop ripping OP for a simple matter of semantics. It's unfortunate City Life is a disappointment for some people, but the pack is still not out yet and there are probably things that haven't been revealed. So instead of focusing on what isn't there yet, why not wait for the reviews, and try out the new features if they interest you?
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    I think most of the unhappy players have already stopped buying the DLC. Wasn't there a pledge to boycott thread around here somewhere? Anyways, your "call to arms" probably isn't going to change much. People will buy if they like it, or won't if they don't.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Why would I protest an amazing game like Sims 4?
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    EA is swimming in cash, they don't care if you buy it or not, lol.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Does it make me lame that one of the reasons I want this one is for the stupid talking toilet? :) I don't care if it does. I've always been a little lame anyway. I was actually not convinced about this expansion being one I wanted til I watched and saw some of the features we are getting. Now I can't wait. For me, it feels like this game is finally starting to add interest beyond just playing dress-up in CAS. I wish it wasn't so disappointing for you Original Poster. :(
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    But I like the idea of a laundry SP.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    You see I play the game because I enjoy it. If I did not enjoy it? I'd not play it. I'd also NOT be on a forum complaining about said game all the freakin' time! OMG JUST STOP PLAYING! Seriously, life is too short to play a game you don't like! Personally I love the game, I enjoy building. Do I think there are some things missing? Of course but we've got 3 more years possibly to get everything else. I think people forget we got a lot for the Sims 3 but that was over a 5 year period. We may not get exactly what everyone is demanding but this is a good life lesson...you don't always get exactly what you want, what you childishly demand, but you make do with what you get or you just move. the. heck. on!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    You see I play the game because I enjoy it. If I did not enjoy it? I'd not play it. I'd also NOT be on a forum complaining about said game all the freakin' time! OMG JUST STOP PLAYING! Seriously, life is too short to play a game you don't like! Personally I love the game, I enjoy building. Do I think there are some things missing? Of course but we've got 3 more years possibly to get everything else. I think people forget we got a lot for the Sims 3 but that was over a 5 year period. We may not get exactly what everyone is demanding but this is a good life lesson...you don't always get exactly what you want, what you childishly demand, but you make do with what you get or you just move. the. heck. on!

But we do like the game, we just want it to get better.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @papersuitcase hehe I think I might be one who'd skip buying a laundry pack. I used to cancel the wants to buy washers and dryers in TS3. The extra clutter of clothes left everywhere drove me nuts and I found I felt the need to make every. single. sim neat. :D But I'd still like to see it happen for those who'd like to have it.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,211 Member
    The best way to protest is to not buy the product that you have a problem with. You have to hit em' with your wallet and don't give out your money.
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    OMG I hope there is another boycott and protest like there was last time. Watching all of the drama as the boycotters earnestly claimed that they weren't going to buy the expansion, followed up by all of the silly excuses as half of them ended up with a copy somehow anyway, was absolutely hilarious.

Please, please, please do that again.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited September 2016
    Rflong7
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've been protesting the Lack of A Lot of Missing Stuff from TS4- So, if you don't see any cookies on the group table, it's cause I ate them. XD

Can't even have a decent Rant topic without all the "Don't Like it, Don't Buy it!" replies. Well, I don't-- I don't... I will when I wanna... and if they would have left TS2/3 sites up You'd All be rid of me. Oopsie. :lol:

So many tantrums to a topic that ya'll could have ignored in respect to a fellow Simmer's ... desire for a Not so Happy Topic. Guess I get to visit the Happy Topics with my not so happy Self. Lovely. :heart:
    i am starting to get weary of all those happy simmers who seem to have nothing better to do than going to every negative thread to tell the OP to plum off

just a little & i will be seen in every positive thread with my negativity :joy:

so
    HAPPY SIMMERS

I'm not sure if you know this or not...but it is possible to play a game and browse the internet at the same time. Ya know...mobile devices?
    Also, maybe people aren't playing the game at this moment because of other priorities but are able to afford the time to browse the forums. I don't get what being happy with a game has to do with being on the forums or not lol.

And like a few others have said, people go in positive threads and post negative things all the time just as much as the positive people go in the negative threads. So by going in those threads (like your "threat" says you will be doing...), you're not doing anything special or to help your "cause".
    Post edited by UmbralFlower on
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tons of simmers have been asking for a city themed expansion, it has always been a big request. Many of us, as simmers have always also been asking that the game contain more elements from other countries as well. While I think the talking toilet is a stupid idea, it is, apparently a thing in Japan. So yes, they in fact ARE giving people what they are asking for.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    @Rflong7
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've been protesting the Lack of A Lot of Missing Stuff from TS4- So, if you don't see any cookies on the group table, it's cause I ate them. XD

Can't even have a decent Rant topic without all the "Don't Like it, Don't Buy it!" replies. Well, I don't-- I don't... I will when I wanna... and if they would have left TS2/3 sites up You'd All be rid of me. Oopsie. :lol:

So many tantrums to a topic that ya'll could have ignored in respect to a fellow Simmer's ... desire for a Not so Happy Topic. Guess I get to visit the Happy Topics with my not so happy Self. Lovely. :heart:

so
    HAPPY SIMMERS

@ashleymw981
    unfortunately, you are approximately two years too late
    & before you there were numerous unsuccessful tryouts to improve this game towards playability for all
    i understand your frustration, still, your protest will change nothing,
    you have to learn to cope with your grief, as many before you & probably many after you too :confounded:
    that's how it is with TS4 ...

I was gonna say what dekay said because you are ever so innocent with your not going to positive threads and doing the same.

BTW We have lives outside of our games and even though Sims 4 is the best thing I like to go on the forums too to discuss how spectacular Sims 4 is with a whole lot of others who agree with me.

But then you're in the wrong thread for discussing that LOL
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    OP boycotting does nothing. There's a ton of simmers you agree with you, me being one.

I'd like to see LGRs review of CL because he's as unbiased as we get.

I won't be buying anymore content, unless it's literally on sale for $5 and it semi has something going for it.

I just remember that no matter the fx backdrop and frills at its core it's still not the sims, a true sandbox, and take it for what it is.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited September 2016
    Can someone please explain what is or why is it so hard for them to add these features.

Sorry to hear the game hasn't been quite what you were hoping.

I've quoted this bit as it is a legitimate question. I think it's not quite so much a matter of them not listening to the fans because I truly, honestly believe they do. I feel it could be more a time constraint issue. For all we know, they could well be working on the features that are being asked for. But as often happens with developing anything, there can be setbacks - code that doesn't do what you thought it would, animations that mess up halfway through testing - all sorts of issues could arise that delay the release of certain aspects of the game. It doesn't mean it's not being worked on nor does it mean the Developers are ignoring us.
    There have been many requests for a city world - I'm sure I remember a fair few disappointed people when Get Together was released because they were hoping for a City, not another Town or Village, so to speak. So to be fair, the new pack in November does have at the very least one much-requested feature - a new world which happens to be a city. So this does show the developers are listening to what the fanbase has to say. It may not necessarily be what you are wanting, so I can understand your frustration.
    Some of the feature you're missing could well be in development as we speak - but the developers can't talk about future content. Hence the lack of explanation that you're hoping for. I, personally, take their silence on the toddler front (as an example) as a sign that they are part of the 'future content' category and thus cannot be talked about.
    I mean I miss having my family having food fights, getting sun burn, putting my teen on punishment, having a firefighter career ( but they gave us political career oh wow ) , washing my baby in the tube I can keep going but this siMS serious is nothing but robotic .

Many of these particular features came later in the franchise. Food fights I don't remember, but I may have missed that one :D But sunburn came with Seasons, teens being punished came with Generations, the firefighter career came with Ambitions and bathing the babies came with a Store item. So most, if not all, of the features you particularly miss, original poster, came with later packs. So just because they're not there right now, doesn't mean they won't. Many of the features came a good deal later in the life of the franchise, so hope isn't lost for them yet! :)
    Let's start banning the games and we should start with one in November since they are so called care about their fans.

I'm not certain if this is quite what you meant and I apologise if it wasn't. But I feel that banning the games may be a little excessive. There's nothing offensive within Sims 4 that would warrant banning it from production and sale. Like I said, if that's not what you meant to say, then I apologise :)
    But as an example; I despise the World of Warcraft games and many of the games similar - Battlefield etc. The violent games don't suit me and therefore, I don't buy them. But I wouldn't call for them to be banned just because I and a few others don't like them. Because there's always someone who does enjoy them.
    I'm not entirely sure petitions are the way to go, not as far as disliking the game because what's done is done. But maybe starting or joining petitions that involve the features you miss and would love to see back might be a way of letting the developers see and hear what you truly want :)

I honestly hope that at some point, you'll find that Sims 4 meets your expectations and hopes <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    I have played The Sims since TS1. I would like to say that I enjoyed TS2 but when moving on to TS3, I discovered that while TS3 had many things I liked it overall was not my cup of tea. However, I didn't want The Sims 3 banned. While for example the open world was not for me, many other players enjoyed it and I actually like that they did develop open worlds because it was different from before. TS3 was different from TS2, and TS4 is different from TS3. I enjoy this iteration more than TS3 but it is because of my personal preferences. When it comes to City Living, a city/apartment themed expansion was number 1 on my wishlist. I think that TS4 will continue to release more content to cater to more playstyles (I just hope new content would come more often, and that we would receive information more often! :smile: )

I think it is difficult because the fanbase is so diverse with our different favorites and dislikes, that it is not easy to balance between what we all want and to still keep the series and content fresh. I remember when TS1 and some TS2 expansions were released it was exciting, because while I had hopes I didn't know what to expect. I think many people have a favorite expansion that sort of makes a sim game for them, and it is different for many people. For me they are along the types of Hot Date (TS1), Nightlife (TS2), Apartment Life (TS2) and Seasons (TS2 and TS3). This means that I could do without ever getting or buying a Pets or Supernatural type of EP for TS4, because they are not something I want. However, I feel we need Pets and Supernatural at some point because they have had a presence in the franchise since TS1, the elements are something we've come to expect.

Back in TS1 I feel like there was less extra content, it was easier to have it all. But now I feel the extra content has become a way to customize our personal gameplay experience and I look forward to more options for TS4.
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    I will purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am a Maxis fanboy. o:)

Me too! Without shame. :wink:

And for the record, I think the talking toilet is hilarious. Reminds me of that old Sims foolishness that has felt a little lacking for many people.

I agree I have Sims that never leave the house and need to socialize so now they can talk to the toilet. I am a Sims 4 fan and although I get annoyed I love this game more than 2 & 3 combined.
    2ijhitd.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    I will keep supporting sims4 and buying eps stuffpacks and game packs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ashleymw981ashleymw981 Posts: 100 Member
    edited September 2016
    Let me SAY this in many words I am allowed to voice my opinion IF I like the Sims games or don't like it . kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

You didn't see me complaining when the TS3 was released without a single amusing object description. Without any quirky NPC characters. When every EP was chock-full of celebrity lookalikes and townies without any thought put into them beyond "hey, look! It's the guy from Teen Wolf!", when the weirdness and charm that was ABUNDANT in the previous two games was completely absent.

I didn't even complain when people like you got alien abductions nerfed because it interfered with your hyper-realism.

It's a toilet. Don't like it? Don't use it.

I'm sorry that the game isn't as realistic as you want it to be, but I'm sick and tired of struggling to be heard amid the constant clamouring for the devs to focus solely on your playstyle, which is apparently the be-all and end-all.

I'm here for the weirder stories. Don't like it? Click the red x at the top of your screen.

Of course you wont complain about Sims3 it had more content . An if it did not have more content the developer tried their best to give their best I am sorry Sims4 has become a click and play game period . You mention aliens , I don't give a care about aliens or supernatural . What many of you sensitive fans that tend to attack and made the choice to come on here ; which you have a right to ; don't understand , there isn't any depth to these games period . There isn't any family play , I would like to seen the ;parents interact more with their kids other than give them advise ; its boring I would like to see my sims actually dance with each other. What many of you fail to realize you keep saying if you don't like it don't play ;I play all want and have a opinion about. No on here can give me the answer that I ask but try to criticize me lol I guess you think my opinion will change. I feel its to long to many robotic games they have made that I feel they should be protested. No I don't want the sims developers to focus on my ;play style ; in all honesty if you are a so called fan the play style I LIKE is the play style that has made the Sims franchise. I am tired of the justification , I am tired of the we are listening to you etc....... an they are not. In all I DONT understand why they can not include the features in their games that many fans are asking for I don't care if you didn't ask for them but this is the 3rd expansion pack and not one feature is added that many people want .
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    The Developers have said that they can't just bundle in everything you want into one pack, such as City Living, as it wouldn't make sense in the context of the EP, they're probably waiting for related packs to bring that stuff out, Generations for example. Many of the features in CL were highly demanded, people wanted rodents and grunge, they wanted ethnic foods, they wanted Apartments (Be that Sims 2 Apartments, but still) and they wanted hauntings.The reason they brought out City Life when they did is because it was in a poll of what we wanted the most, it appears they've already got a set order for their EPs coming out. However I do think there were more demanded EPs, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, that should have come before this one. I'm fine with City Living and excited for the qualities it brings, like lot traits, but if the next EP is not one of the big ones (refer above) then I'll be angry.

But you can see that they have tried to listen to our demands this time around, they give us what we want, eventually, they just have an odd priority with what they release first.