Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, come on! (Fixed now)

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
So I wanted to make two Sims who are twins. I spent an hour on them, perfecting them to my liking, and giving them a good story. I was proud of them, and ready to move them into Bridgeport. And guess what?

The game crashes.

THAT IS IT. An hour's worth of data... GONE! I really want to pull all my hair out right now. This was even worse than last time! I trained my twin toddlers everything they needed (and I hated it,) and the game crashes, making me have to teach them to use the potty, walk, and talk ALL OVER AGAIN. I gave up on that save file since I hate training toddlers.

And now I'm forced to give up on these twins because I don't feel like spending another hour recreating them, just to most likely have it stuck on never-ending processing again. Ugh! I'm so mad at this game right now!
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
Post edited by SimFan298 on

Comments

• Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Yeah. You have my sympathies. Save. Save. And save again.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I was just there last week! Got my sim through Uni and got that degree, got her working in the medicine field and *Whamo* game crashes! I had to redo the last week of Uni - ugh!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    You cannot be mad at the game, Sims 3 was not designed to fail everyone.I just spent my time building a kitchen in my house putting my sim I created in it and shooting a video of her cooking different dishes and doing teppanyaki tricks.All without saving at all even slightly worrying my game will crash.All this with every expansion,store world and item,and stuff packs installed with several other browsers open during this plus listening to music and a video editing program running.And my video I just posted in another thread so these are not fairy tales.

Understand being upset but you cannot be mad a basketball cause you missed a freethrow.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    It can happen in any game.
    You should save your stuff more often. The beauty of The Sims is that you can play with different households and even in different The Sims games. When one "file" makes you mad, you can always open another one and play something different before coming back.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    My game never crashes even after playing several hours...
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    It's just a game.

If it's frustrating you, take a break from it and chillax. Go back when you are in a better mood to play, create and enjoy yourself.

My brothers get mad at their games too, which I find equal parts annoying and funny. Can't even talk to them cuz all they do is snap and grunt and punch the controller or throw it. :unamused:

I mean, be upset and frustrated, cuz that's a lot of time and effort wasted, just step away and take a deep breath. I can't even tell you how many sims I've lost, how many homes, and it's very irritating, but sometimes, ya just gotta let it go.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Yes, when you least expect it the game will crash, lol! I don't usually get crashes in my game but the past week it was crash,crash, did it just crash? Are you kidding, again? Turned out the house I was trying to remodel and the sim I was playing with, an EA house and townie sim were probably glitched because as soon as I deleted the house and killed off the sim three days ago it hasn't crashed once. I've been playing a long time and seen more than enough game provided houses that don't work or sims that are problematic. I normally don't have problems when I create my own. If I do or it crashes I just suck it up and move on. Like I did playing Sims 2 and Sims 1. Take a breath and start again and hopefully you won't have any more problems with your twins.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    So I wanted to make two Sims who are twins. I spent an hour on them, perfecting them to my liking, and giving them a good story. I was proud of them, and ready to move them into Bridgeport. And guess what?

The game crashes.

THAT IS IT. An hour's worth of data... GONE! I really want to pull all my hair out right now. This was even worse than last time! I trained my twin toddlers everything they needed (and I hated it,) and the game crashes, making me have to teach them to use the potty, walk, and talk ALL OVER AGAIN. I gave up on that save file since I hate training toddlers.

And now I'm forced to give up on these twins because I don't feel like spending another hour recreating them, just to most likely have it stuck on never-ending processing again. Ugh! I'm so mad at this game right now!

When training toddlers, or any other sim, I always save as soon as they reach a significant point in their training. That means the game isn't as likely to crash because it isn't holding so much data in memory and if it does crash I don't have to start again from scratch. I use SaveAs and give it a new name just in case something goes wrong and I need to go back to an earlier save.

With CAS I save before going into it as I know it is a memory hog and it is likely to crash when coming out of it if I don't save first. Then when I've got them out of CAS I save again.

So - what I'm saying is save often...
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    All I can say is save often. Anyone who plays this game enough knows to save often. Not only that but use "Save as" giving your save file backups in case it ever corrupts.

@CravenLestat The game can still crash on anyone no matter their system or what their running in the background. Last month I had it crash on me only 5 minutes in granted that's rare for me but it can still happen. Normally I get a crash after 5-6 hours from the game hitting max ram depending on how much extra content I'm using. This game is awesome and I love it but I'll be the first to admit that it's not perfect even on a beastly PC.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had a few old saves that gave error codes on saving after families in those games got visits from the social workers to take children away and I also lost one save after the social worker took my family's baby away.I've had the game crash a lot when my computer's fan was dying.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    If you were ready to move them into Bridegeport, then it sounds like you completed your creation in CAS, therefore they should have been in the family bin and you shouldn't have lost anything.
    At the rate you complain about TS3, and claim you despise it, I don't even understand why you're trying to play it.
    Perhaps you should stick with TS4. It's much simpler.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited July 2016
    Well, I was going to throw in my 2 cents worth, but after reading the last couple of posts; I don't think I have to. o:)
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    If you were ready to move them into Bridegeport, then it sounds like you completed your creation in CAS, therefore they should have been in the family bin and you shouldn't have lost anything.
    At the rate you complain about TS3, and claim you despise it, I don't even understand why you're trying to play it.

I was just thinking along the same lines. I remember one of the OP's activity posts were distressing the horrible ratio of TS3 (not so much TS2) praise/approval threads to TS4 argument/disapproval threads. I'm wondering if this is one of many attempts to balance it out.

Also noticing the toddler topic brought up. From the original sound of the thread, it sounded like the OP made young adult twins, but now it's toddler twins. No mention of the parent(s) in the story right now. I'm seeing various repeat TS4 points brought up here so I'm questioning the validity of this now.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    My game never crashes even after playing several hours...
    Dc1bA6A.gif
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am sorry that you had this experience :(

As a rule if I make Sims, I always 'save them' in CAS so if the game ever crashes, I can find them again and remake them
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »

The game crashes.

It is pretty clear that Sims 3 gives you a level of frustration that severely tests your limits.
    I am almost certain that it would probably better serve your limited abilities to handle proper game function to find an alternative.

Rumor has it that EA produced a more current version of the Sims series ... I think they call it Sims 4.
    If I am not mistaken there is a whole section of the forums here dedicated to the promotion of that game.

I have to admit ... Sims 3 is just a little too challenging for some folks.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Pary wrote: »

That's what I was going to say; even if the game crashed any sims you completed in CAS would be in the library.

While it's true that there are people who complain about TS4 in that forum, to me it's understandable because that's the newest game and it disappointed a lot of people. But since the OPs favors it over TS3 it's hard to understand why they keep attempting to play TS3. UNLESS TS4 isn't s great as they try to make it out to be because the OP is BORED out of their SKULL with TS4 so they try to play TS3, which is more fun if it runs on your PC.

Sorry it's not running well on your PC, OP. I guess you're stuck with TS4. ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    It's imperative to save after.... every.single.change. Then if it crashes, doesn't matter.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Okay, everything is better now. I recreated my twin Sims, and moved them into Bridgeport. Everything's fine, and I'm calm now. Better change the title of this.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That title (when you guilelessly scroll the front page) :D

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/-oh-no-GIF.gif?gs=a[/img]

3092bzp.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Gotcha
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain