Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Don't have a screen shot sorry but it was just an arrow on the right hand side that made the window larger in height so you could see more objects at a time. I could ask someone I know still playing Sims 3 to get a screenshot if you want.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    Don't have a screen shot sorry but it was just an arrow on the right hand side that made the window larger in height so you could see more objects at a time. I could ask someone I know still playing Sims 3 to get a screenshot if you want.

Yes, this is something I requested in the ideas section. What I would like is something that allowed us to pull the screen up (like with the Sims 4 personal inventory) where you grab the top of the window and drag up.

20uzskj.jpg

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Okay, I've got a screen shot of the inventory panel from TS4:

panelresize_zps8dwv2gmw.jpg
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    I've got a couple of new bugs to add that I'm pulling over from the Testing MOO thread because they aren't actually caused by/related to MOO.

First, sometimes when you increase or reduce the height of a roof, the attached chimney will be deleted. At other times, it will remain in place. Ideally, we would like the chimney to stay in position throughout roof alterations. Screen shots:

1. First setup
    cd1_zpsguzotdgn.jpg
    Chimney stays in place
    cd2_zpspnfahsz6.jpg
    cd3_zpsffbcdh26.jpg
    2. Second setup
    cd4_zpstqmfm6c2.jpg
    Chimney is deleted
    cd5_zpsxss17sqp.jpg
    cd6_zpsyvobvvrq.jpg
    It looks like it might be because the chimney is on the edge, but I have seen it happen with the chimney in a variety of positions. It seems to happen with more frequency when there are more adjacent roofs that extend into the space and also if the chimney is rotated to a diagonal position.

Second, kreatora was experiencing a problem with his WIP where he had created a raised structure and placed a chimney on top of it. The setup looked similar to this:
    csetup1_zpsmf7snlfq.jpg

Whenever he placed the lot from his library with MOO on, the chimney would be present but darkened. The game actually caused it to drop down to the room below it, which you could see when you switched levels, even though it still appeared to be in its original position (two places at once, we've got some particle physics going here!). When placed with MOO off, the chimney was simply deleted:
    csetup2_zps15q4y5yy.jpg

Note that the chimney itself could be positioned in the space with MOO off. I was able to duplicate his experience and in fact, at one point when my game was slow, I was actually able to witness the object being deleted during the save. If I eliminated or significantly reduced the height of the main adjacent roof, the chimney would be preserved without an issue:
    csetup4_zpsa0f3sptk.jpg

I believe that there is a conflict with chimneys and adjacent roofing that probably has to do with the code that wants chimneys to connect to roofs.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I have found a bug with the Movie Pack that I am unsure if it should be under build mode or another of your bug threads.

The popcorn maker keeps disappearing! I placed it in my Bohemian Rhapsody build. Everytime I go into the game, I have to buy the popcorn maker again as it is no longer on my lot. I had replaced it, went into build mode to make updates to the home, saved and started playing the house again and noticed that the popcorn maker had disappeared yet again.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    @kamb1403 I have to run down the requisite steps:

Do you have any mods or CC? If so, please temporarily remove them and clear your cache.
    Try repairing the game.
    If neither of those steps makes a difference, I'd like to see an image or two showing where you've placed the popcorn machine in your build. Maybe there is a conflict I'll be able to spot. I don't have the pack, so I can't test the issue, but perhaps someone else following the thread can. I've also asked @crinrinct if she's heard of it.
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @kamb1403 I have to run down the requisite steps:

Do you have any mods or CC? If so, please temporarily remove them and clear your cache.
    Try repairing the game.
    If neither of those steps makes a difference, I'd like to see an image or two showing where you've placed the popcorn machine in your build. Maybe there is a conflict I'll be able to spot. I don't have the pack, so I can't test the issue, but perhaps someone else following the thread can. I've also asked @crinrinct if she's heard of it.

I don't use CC or mods in my game and I repaired my game after downloading the new pack.

Here is a screenshot of where I put the popcorn machine. I had it in the same position on the other side of the kitchen and it was disappearing from that side too. I previously had a coffee pot in this position which didn't disappear.

01-15-16_10-59-08nbspAM_zpsbbkxek2y.png

• Options
    @kamb1403 Ah, it is in a corner - that might cause a problem. Did you place it there via MOO or did the game let you place it there? Even if the latter, you might try moving it so that it is in a straight position, like the coffee maker, and see if that doesn't help.
  • Options
    Thanks @BryonyRae. The game let me place it there, just like it does with the coffee machine, microwave and ice-cream maker. I will try placing it on a straight position and see if I still have the same issues.

• Options
    I have a graphics glitch to report, first brought to our attention in this thread. Glass dance floors, when placed in certain positions on ground level on the Affluista Mansion lot cause a portion of that lot's terrain to turn reflective when viewed from certain distances/angles.

Looks okay at this distance:
    (will add image later; Photobucket is currently failing to upload everything)

Not okay now:
    (will add image later; Photobucket is currently failing to upload everything)

I tested this on the build the user uploaded as well as in my own clean game, where I simply added a glass dance floor to the base game lot and experienced the issue. I tried on a couple of other lots and did not have a problem, but it was far from exhaustive testing.
  • Options
    Another glass dance floor related graphics glitch to report, brought to our attention in this AHQ report. Bear with me, this one is a little convoluted. In order to reproduce it, you'll need to create a ground floor room, place a basement room (or rooms) beneath it, raise foundation up, and then delete a portion of the interior foundation in order to create a split level. Once you have that set up, add a glass dance floor below the foundation. Drop to basement level and in one of the basement rooms, place a mirror that will face the direction of the glass dance floor. As you swing the camera around the mirror, you will see a false wall in the reflection. If you are in build mode, you will need to hover the hand tool over the mirror in order to see the glitch, but in live mode, you will simply see it all the time if viewed from the correct angle.

Another easy way to duplicate the bug is to go to the Discotheque Pan Europa club in Windenburg. If you drop down to basement level, remove the DJ booth, and place a mirror just a bit to the left of the yellow poster and then swing your camera to the right a bit (hand tool hovering over mirror in build mode), you will see it. This is the source of the image below:

glassdfbug3_zpsddv0nu3e.jpg
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but when building a park, the Sun Setting Park bench Floral Edition (Get Together Pack) doesn't count as a bench and therefore doesn't fill requirements.
  • Options
    Nope, haven't seen it reported, but I can confirm. It appears that it was not categorized as a park item, since it doesn't show up when you're in the Park Items section. Will add it to the list. :)
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    You guys did a great job for the build mode!
    But a little improvement would be nice I think.

I hope that we can change the color of the ceiling.
    I'd love to see a multi-function lot, just like bar & cafe.

And when we enlarge the windows by shift+] , only frames are enlarged .

Thank you guys, I really had so much fun in the build mode!
  • Options
    Welcome to the thread @kinot9229. :) I have added your lot designation and window enlargement requests to the list. The ceiling recolor was already on the list.
  • Options
    New bug to report: the Wolf Pytts' Essential Gaming Table is improperly categorized as an object that can be placed into a sim's personal inventory. No other gaming tables are enabled for this. It can cause a problem when the sim has played cards on the table and then places the table in his inventory (after deleting or moving the chairs) because the deck of cards then drops to the ground and cannot be moved or deleted by any means.
  • Options
    Graphics Glitch to report - originally brought to our attention in this thread. Protruding wall décor, such as The Living Vase (from GT), Country Flowers (from GT), Decorative Corbel (base game), and Scrollwork Corbel (base game) are overly dim in interior light. Comparison images:

Within a room
    wallobjs3_zpshjugshg6.jpg

Exterior lighting
    wallobjs4_zps2lnrpwvg.jpg

Within a room, using ceiling lights now
    wallobjs1_zpsip9v1bin.jpg

Exterior lighting
    wallobjs2_zpslbkrazkf.jpg
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    @BryonyRae
    Thank you.
    You are the best! <3
  • Options
    You're quite welcome @kino9229. :)

Today, I want to post about something that has probably annoyed all of us from time to time, and that is encountering the "invalid diagonal intersection" error while building. I've experienced it several times but was prompted to look into it more deeply by this thread.

I've found that the error occurs because diagonal construction can be positioned on half tiles vs. regular construction which can only be done on full tiles. A diagonal structure (or wall) created on half tiles will not properly meet and fit to a structure created on full tiles. Rather than encountering an error when trying to join two such structures, I would request that the game compensate for the difference and resize the joining structure to the structure it's being joined to. The pictures below will clarify (I hope).

This first shot is just an example of the problem, trying to connect one diagonal room to another - can't be done with their current positioning:
    diag4_zpsk3fl0wht.jpg

The next shot shows the difference in terms of the ability to place diagonal structures at half tiles from each other vs. regular structures which are always positioned at full tiles:
    diag6_zpsswsrny8q.jpg

In this shot, I'm trying to draw a custom room on a diagonal. As you can see, I can't make the final wall meet where I'd like to because the game thinks I want to draw the wall *through* the first wall. I'd like to see a "smarter" engine here that could figure out to automatically shorten the extending wall when it meets the first wall and allow that connection on the half tile.
    diag5_zpstjc3l7pm.jpg

Finally, this problem also extends to roofing on a diagonal:
    diag7_zpseqmvuohq.jpg

• Options
    A bug I just noticed - the white swatch for the Oasis Springs Mailbox is the same as the black. Can anyone else confirm that this is the case in your game also?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    @ByryonyRae I made this thread just today: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/876158/what-i-totatly-super-need-as-in-now-for-buildmode-buymode#latest

I didn't even know this existed!

I made these "complaints" about our beloved build mode I don't know if anyone has spoken about them (besides the floor one I think that is pretty obvious) :p :
    Sigzy05 wrote:
    Ability to delete single floor tiles. Not having this is super frustrating, especially when you want to make open levels, it's almost impossible to do/ way too frustrating to do.

I would like a roof for the second empire styled houses that has it's own "cover" because having to use a room to fill the roofs space, you know the square/rectangle in the middle, is super frustrating, the roof will automatically have to have the hight of the room making it really hard to make the house look like what you want not to talk about the fact that if we want the roof to be curved in the middle the more we curve the roof the less possible hight does the roof have so the room's walls will always show.

Round roofs and glass roofs are something I also really really need as well as and hexagonal roof shapes.

I'm bookmarking this!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 welcome to the thread. :) I will address your requests, but I'm currently in the process of testing the latest patch, so I'll get back to you once I'm done with that.
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    Marjia wrote: »
    BryonyRae wrote: »

@Marjia which lot were you using? It sounds like you're dealing with one of the lots that has the foundation retention bug, which has been around for a while.

I don't remember now, but when it happens i just raise the foundation and select no trim and lower it again to get rid of the gray outline around the base of houses with no foundation elevation.

update: only happens in willow creek.
  • Options
    Build Mode Requests fulfilled in the 2/4/16 patch:

Note that some of these are catch-up and were actually addressed in prior patches.
    • 9/30/14 Reduce/eliminate collision boxes for non-interactive objects and do not increase collision boxes for such objects when they are enlarged. <-- still an issue even with MOO as the collision boxes are still affecting sim routing
      They seem to have improved this in today's patch. My test case has always been a setup in my Moody Blues build, where I had wanted to position an enlarged shelf over a single bed using bb.moveobjects:
      shelfoverbed_zps088727cb.jpg

This has always caused routing failure. Sims could not walk near the bed, nor could they sleep in it. Now, they can! However, in additional testing, there are still limits where the amount of enlargement of the shelf and its proximity (elevation) to the bed will still prevent a sim from using it. I would still really like to see route collision eliminated altogether when it comes to non-interactive objects, but this was a good step in the right direction, and I can see how they might never make such an absolute change. So give it a try, and be sure to playtest! :)
    • 10/8/14 Add chimney breast pieces, stove pipes, drain pipes (requested by DippyDesigns)
      I am altering this request, since we did get drain pipes in Get Together. Still no breast pieces or stove pipes though.
    • 1/3/15 Add roof décor, such as dormers, cupolas, towers, and turrets that would help us to build up a structure's height without having to add another level (requested by FKM100)
      They added several such items in Get Together.
    • 2/20/15 Add stone columns (see pg. 11).
      A stone column was added in Get Together.
    • 10/31/15 Enable floor tiles to retain their orientation during placement (they are currently switching orientation on every other grid space) (requested by SimLibby)
      Floor tiles no longer switch orientation as of this patch.
    • 9/23/14 Add more chimney pieces and/or wall textures that match chimney textures (requested by Fischio).
      Reviewing the catalogue, it seems like we have a good number of choices now that should enable better matching.
    • 1/11/16 Please make window sizes consistent across all menus and sub menus in build mode (see pg. 42) (requested by greenXen) and allow us to expand menus like we could in TS3 or using the same method as with personal inventory in TS4 (see pg. 42) (requested by sawdust)
      As of this patch, the window sizes are now consistent, so I will alter this request to drop that part of it.

I will be testing for bug fixes next, so stay tuned!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I would like to request flipped/mirrored versions of all single doors for a couple of reasons. These could be accessed in a sub-menu like that of counters, along with any matched doors/arches in the set.
    1. When doors are in a corner of a room I prefer them to open against the wall - this can't always be done if the door has different sides (knocker doors etc).
    2. I might want the handle on a specific side, but if it's the *wrong* side this causes visitors to knock on the INSIDE of the door.