Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updater trying to mess with Sims 3 installs

What is up with that? I am trying to update Sims 4... I don't need it to mess with Sims 3!

Comments

• Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    It mess Sims 3 up for me can not play it at all.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    It is simply a glitch with Origin and the Sims 3.

Or it could be that it could be transfering toddlers from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I'm hitting every "NO" don't touch it that I can find at the moment. It keeps asking if I want to uninstall 3. I keep saying no. *SIGH* I just want to update 4. I do NOT want to update 3

• Options
    It is simply a glitch with Origin and the Sims 3.

Or it could be that it could be transfering toddlers from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4. B)

I don't think it's a glitch. I think it's very purposeful - It isn't happening if I can stop it. But they will likely not let me play Sims 4, if I keep refusing their updating of S3. GRRRR.

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'd be careful with the Sims 3 update atm. Earlier people were posting that the Origin update was corrupting their Sims 3 saves so maybe it's an emergency patch to fix that, not sure.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh I read about this.
    http://simsvip.com/2015/08/31/origin-update-august-31st-2015/

Repair it if it prompts you the option, but file a report with Origin.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    And now there's THIS box... What is THAT all about???
    Agree_to.png

Gah!
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Check here as well: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852778/origin-is-repairing/p1 (Sims 3 section)

I'm too scared to put my Origin in online mode atm so I haven't really read through everything. I for sure don't want to get corrupted Sims 3 files so I'm sorry this is happening to you at the moment.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Even though I said "No" to all S3 updates, it is doing it ANYWAY! Gee, thanks, EA.
    ... and until it's done with my S3... it isn't touching S4, which is just sitting there, waiting until we go through EVERY Sims 3 pack that I have.
    Again... thanks, EA
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    happened to me too :neutral:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Even though I said "No" to all S3 updates, it is doing it ANYWAY! Gee, thanks, EA.

qevi8.jpg
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Origin needs to fix this asap!!!
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Oh I read about this.
    http://simsvip.com/2015/08/31/origin-update-august-31st-2015/

Repair it if it prompts you the option, but file a report with Origin.

Thanks for the info, @Cement. Unfortunately, I didn't see VIP's advice, so now my S3 launcher won't work. So... I guess S3 needs a fresh install.
    If EA doesn't know ALREADY that they are deliberately messing up S3, I have a bridge to sell... ***hissyfit***
    There sure don't need me to report. They are more than well aware they've implemented this. *biggerhissyfit*

• Options
    Origin needs to fix this asap!!!

We should NOT NEED Sims VIP to warn us! There should be something said about this problem RIGHT on this board.
    Yah, dream on... and on....
    Or maybe a warning on the Updater, saying:
    "Before using our product, please see related Sims sites for extra help before Proceeding"

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It may (not sure) already be fixed. I was just able to load up Sims 3. I don't load through the launcher though. I load through ts3w.exe. For people having issues with the loader, that's worth a try.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    OMG. TS3 is her to stay, EA! TS4 is not the only Sims game! You're not tha prettiest girl in tha land, TS4!

No, but in all seriousness this seems like a scary glitch that I hope they fix asap. This is part of the reason why I'm weary of all game patches. What a mess.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    simsvip did report the latest origin update is negatively effecting some sims 3 users see this http://simsvip.com/2015/08/31/origin-update-august-31st-2015/
  • Options
    Yes, they did, @ceejay402 - but we should NOT have to depend on a fan site to tell us something as important as this.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Yes, they did, @ceejay402 - but we should NOT have to depend on a fan site to tell us something as important as this.

Preaching to the choir :)
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Wow... Am I glad that I bought TS3 through Steam...

Except for the days TS3 packs are on sale on Origin, so they don't connect appropriately.... :/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    This is annoying, I hope they fix it soon. :(

:heart: Love my game disks~ *hugs physical copies tightly* Wave of the future and all but dang, give me options but not take control.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    This is annoying, I hope they fix it soon. :(

:heart: Love my game disks~ *hugs physical copies tightly* Wave of the future and all but dang, give me options but not take control.

Ditto, ditto, triple ditto! :)
  • Options
    WitchCat26WitchCat26 Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    I just did the patch, and Origin popped up with "repairs" for Sims2, Dragon Age, and Dragon Age 2, and my Sims 4 won't load. So... I'm guessing something is wrong, but I have no idea what. I guess I'll play something else.

Edit: Repaired Sims 4 twice and deleted the cache files in between, and got the game to load, so scratch that part.
    Post edited by WitchCat26 on
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Guess I won't be letting origin update anytime soon. :o

Very happy I don't need it to play my s3 saves. B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I'm hitting every "NO" don't touch it that I can find at the moment. It keeps asking if I want to uninstall 3. I keep saying no. *SIGH* I just want to update 4. I do NOT want to update 3

Well, there's your problem. You need to uninstall 4. ;)