Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendsfan367's Jammin' Gifts

Due to the picture-heavy nature of the gifts I've been giving, I'm starting a separate thread so as to not over-burden the main thread. I'll be re-posting the previous gifts momentarily and will post new gifts here, too, so that they can all be found in one place! :)

Comments

• Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited July 2015
    Cameo
    Cameo is a sweet little kitty, looking for a home. She likes to play and takes very special care to keep her fur clean. But most of all, she loves to make friends. Will you be her newest friend?

Cameo1.png

Cameo2.png

Cameo3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Motley
    This tortoiseshell has an endless supply of energy and always has something to say, in a manner of speaking. He is also sometimes a bit too smart for his own good, considering how active he is.

Motley1.png

Motley2.png

Motley3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The Mayfield Family

Meet Eva Mayfield.
    EvaMayfield.png

She was raised in a very traditional fairy village, far from civilization. They were responsible for the well-being of the forest in which their village was located. As she grew up, she was forever told of the evils of technology and how it devoured the wilderness and ruined nature.

Eva was not convinced. As soon as she was old enough, she left the village and enrolled in University, studying science. She was determined to prove those of her village wrong and show that science could be used for the good of nature, not just it's destruction. At Uni, she soon found that her old-fashioned etiquette was considered odd and awkward, so she struggled to make friends. Instead, she devoted all of her time to her studies.
    Mayfield1.png

She worked long and hard, but finally graduated with straight As. Her final project had been to splice her own DNA with that of plants. She planted the resulting seeds.
    Mayfield2.png

Then she waited for them to grow. With maybe a little help from some fairy magic.
    Mayfield3.png

Once fully grown, she pulled the plant from the ground.
    Mayfield4.png

Both surprised and delighted by the results of her experiment, Eva wrapped the plantsim baby in a blanket and named him Barry.
    Mayfield5.png

Of course, science is based upon repeatable results and Eva had planted two of the special seeds. So Barry had a sister, named Holly.
    Mayfield6.png

Eva devoted herself to raising Barry and Holly and before she knew it, they grew into toddlers. They're a happy, if very unusual, little family.
    Mayfield7.png

(Barry and Holly have been taught all of their toddler skills as well as read the toddler skill books. Eva has the following skills: Fishing 3, Cooking 5, Logic 6, Science 7, Gardening 7. She does not have a job, since she's been devoting her time to raising Barry and Holly and this way you can choose what career she pursues or even have her continue to be a stay-at-home mom.)
  • Options
    Although somewhat delayed, it's time for today's gift!

Today I would like to introduce you to the Holts.

Let's start with Ethan Holt.
    EthanHolt.png

Ever interested in the way things work, both in the natural world and the mechanisms of man-made objects, he started a career in science as soon as he graduated high school. While he struggled with his work as a lab tech, he found himself often taking long night-time strolls.
    Holt1.png

Finding his path so often lit by the light of the stars, he took a greater interest in them than he had before and began to study them during his free time.
    Holt2.png

One night, as he left his home for his usual late night hike, he looked up to see strange lights in the sky.
    Holt3.png

Before he knew it, he was yanked from the ground and transported far away.
    Holt4.png

The remarkable and terrifying experience left him shaken and confused. He tried to return to his everyday life, but his manipulations of useless devices just seemed pointless to him after his shocking abduction. He quit his job and moved back to his childhood home, trying to piece his life back together. He had barely settled in, when he had a surprise visitor appear at his door.
    Holt5.png

It was his sister, Tessa.
    TessaHolt.png

Only she said she wasn't here to visit. She insisted that she was here to stay, having run away from home. They had a terrible argument as he tried to convince her to go home, but she was stubborn in her rebelliousness and refused to go back. When he threatened to kick her out, she told him that if he did, she'd leave for good and live on her own. This forced him to relent, as he loved his sister far too much to watch her do something so reckless and dangerous.
    Holt6.png

She was trouble some of the time.
    Holt7.png

However, getting to hear the music she played and seeing the peace that it brought her made it all worth it.
    Holt8.png

Just as things were starting to look up, Ethan noticed he was inexplicably gaining weight. It didn't matter how much he worked out, he continued to grow bigger.
    Holt9.png

He was starting to get very concerned when one day he was stopped in his tracks by a terrible pain in his stomach. It went on for long minutes and when it finally eased, he found himself holding a tiny, warm bundle. He held the baby up uncertainly at first, but as he looked at her, he knew she was his hope for a new beginning.
    Holt10.png

He decided in that moment that somehow, someday, he himself would go to the stars that had granted him this second chance. He named his new daughter Asterope after one of the Pleiades.

(Ethan has the following skills: Logic 5, Science 4, Gardening 4, Handiness 4, Athletic 3. Tessa has: Piano 4, Guitar 4, Writing 3, Street Art 3, Charisma 1, Athletic 1, Social Networking 1.)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    What a fun family the Holts are! :) They will be fun to keep an eye on for sure!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Alright, if you thought I went overboard on pictures before, just wait until you see what I have in store for you today. This is the grand finale!

I present you with Family-Friendly Modern!
    Screenshot-250.jpg

An ideal home for a family with modern tastes. Let's start the tour off outside. The front yard has a fire pit for large family gatherings and the green house is a gardener's delight, filled with a wide variety of high-quality plants.
    Screenshot-251.jpg

The upper balcony is perfect for lounging or stargazing.
    Screenshot-252.jpg

The inner courtyard has a large pool, which everyone loves (seriously, the paperboy kept trying to get to it, every morning).
    Screenshot-253.jpg

And a hot tub.
    Screenshot-255.jpg

There is also an area for grilling and outdoor dining.
    Screenshot-254.jpg

A quick peek in the garage shows that it's filled with equipment for more fun outdoor activities.
    Screenshot-282.jpg

Now let's head inside...
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Before we head inside, here's an overview of the first floor.
    Screenshot-281.jpg

There is a formal living room for when you want to make a good impression.
    Screenshot-257.jpg
    Screenshot-256.jpg

And a formal dining area.
    Screenshot-258.jpg

The spacious kitchen features all the best appliances.
    Screenshot-260.jpg

And also has a smaller dining area for smaller family meals.
    Screenshot-259.jpg

On the other side is a family room with activities for everyone to enjoy together.
    Screenshot-262.jpg
    Screenshot-263.jpg

Looking down the hallway, you can see where a small space has been made to accommodate the feline members of your family.
    Screenshot-264.jpg

That first door on the left has a laundry room (with litter box) and bathroom, both of which are to small to get reasonable pictures. The second door is a small, but well-equipped home gym.
    Screenshot-265.jpg
    Screenshot-266.jpg

And that's it for downstairs.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Starting off with an overview again.
    Screenshot-280.jpg

The master bedroom is quite luxurious.
    Screenshot-267.jpg

And has an amazing view.
    Screenshot-272.jpg

The master bathroom...
    Screenshot-269.jpg
    Screenshot-270.jpg

Just down the hall is the nursery room.
    Screenshot-271.jpg
    Screenshot-274.jpg

With reading nook...
    Screenshot-273.jpg

Right off of the nursery is the playroom, with a screened-off potty training corner and a couple swings, in case two cribs aren't enough.
    Screenshot-275.jpg

Of course, it also has lots of fun things for kids to do.
    Screenshot-276.jpg

Moving on. I know it's just a hallway, but I love that view so much...
    Screenshot-277.jpg

There are two more bedrooms, each with two single beds and an attached bathroom. The boys' room.
    Screenshot-283.jpg
    Screenshot-284.jpg

And the girls' room.
    Screenshot-285.jpg
    Screenshot-286.jpg

The final rooms is a lab and study, for all manner of scientific experimentation and learning.
    Screenshot-278.jpg
    Screenshot-279.jpg

And that's it...
    Screenshot-288.jpg

That's all she wrote. Almost literally. ;) It has been a delight to be your buddy and I am happy to have you as a new friend. I hope you enjoy all your gifts as much as I enjoyed making them!
    Post edited by KaytayRoall on
  • Options
    Oh, I almost forgot to mention! I heard you like to know where to place lots... Family-Friendly Modern was built for 500 Sunnyside Blvd, Sunset Valley. It is a 40x40 lot at the edge of a cliff at one end of the map, toward the lighthouse (as you might have noticed from the pictures...). If you have any trouble finding it, just let me know.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Oh, I almost forgot to mention! I heard you like to know where to place lots... Family-Friendly Modern was built for 500 Sunnyside Blvd, Sunset Valley. It is a 40x40 lot at the edge of a cliff at one end of the map, toward the lighthouse (as you might have noticed from the pictures...). If you have any trouble finding it, just let me know.

yes i do like to know that . my very first gift exchange sank in to the lot so i never got to use it. knowing where it is helps because none of the otherlots i wasgifted sank once i asked for he information.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Kay this home is absolutely beautiful! I love the style and colors and everything about it. You've outdone yourself on this one. It will go in more than one world in my game but I am going to put it in Sunset Valley first so I can enjoy it where it is built with the gorgeous view. Excellent job! :)
  • Options
    thank you so much for my 6 gifts. what you only see 5 takes bow and sticks it on your forehead . see 6
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Kay this home is absolutely beautiful! I love the style and colors and everything about it. You've outdone yourself on this one. It will go in more than one world in my game but I am going to put it in Sunset Valley first so I can enjoy it where it is built with the gorgeous view. Excellent job! :)

i still don't know how she knew to use purple. my letter said any colors are fine. but its not just any purple its the purple color iwanted the walls my first apartment. no mom wouldn't let me. lol.
  • Options

Thank you! :) The view is quite enjoyable where it is now, but I hope it will place well elsewhere, too. I tried to keep it generic enough to be reusable, while still catering to all the needs of the families being gifted with it.
    thank you so much for my 6 gifts. what you only see 5 takes bow and sticks it on your forehead . see 6
    *pokes at bow for a moment, confused, then breaks into a huge grin* :D
    i still don't know how she knew to use purple. my letter said any colors are fine. but its not just any purple its the purple color iwanted the walls my first apartment. no mom wouldn't let me. lol.

I didn't know! If I had, there would have been a lot more of it, lol. I'm so happy you like it, though! Since you said any colors, I think a lot of my favorites ending up showing up a lot. All that blue, for instance... :) That one room ended up purple because at first I was going to try to keep the bedrooms at least somewhat gender-neutral, while still colorful. It didn't really work out that way, but since you like it, I'm going to call it a success!
  • Options

Thank you! :) The view is quite enjoyable where it is now, but I hope it will place well elsewhere, too. I tried to keep it generic enough to be reusable, while still catering to all the needs of the families being gifted with it.
    *pokes at bow for a moment, confused, then breaks into a huge grin* :D

I didn't know! If I had, there would have been a lot more of it, lol. I'm so happy you like it, though! Since you said any colors, I think a lot of my favorites ending up showing up a lot. All that blue, for instance... :) That one room ended up purple because at first I was going to try to keep the bedrooms at least somewhat gender-neutral, while still colorful. It didn't really work out that way, but since you like it, I'm going to call it a success!

i like all colors now. in the past i disliked beige and red and black since those were the colors of my work uniform. but work losened up recently and i can wear jeans now.