Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lockwood Legacy: Gen 2 *50th Chapter 9/11/15*

Comments

• Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    I'm catching up. The episode with Gwen fixing her easel made me tear up.

Glad you are enjoying the story :)

• Options
    Now that the primary drama is over for the moment I thought it would be nice to have a breather update. Since Cassie will now be moving in with Gwen I thought I would give a full tour of Gwen's house since it is quite a bit more elaborate than Cassie's was (honestly a tour of Cassie's would have just been okay here's the living rooom, aannnd were done :p ). Just to be clear, I did not build the house. Like the entirety of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs in this save I got it off the gallery. I did make a couple of minor adjustments though such as the incredibly important addition of a trash can (like I said, very minor :p ).

Okay, blabbing is done with onto the house.

house.png

So here is the exterior. Since Gwen is an upscale kind of gal (in this upscale in this case translates to a bit full of herself and materialistic :p ) she of course opted for a nice multi story modern mansion.

dressing-room.png

Straight through the front door and down the hall we have the most important room, the dressing room. Where Gwen is able to put the finishing touches on her outfit for the day, after all the "best darn news reporter from here to Bridgeport" has to look her best.

sitting-area.png

Just off that is a small sitting area. Not the best of the house buy hey you can never have to many sitting areas. Especially when your active like Gwen is and after a nice long run could use a comfy sofa within five feet at all times :p

living-room1.png

Back inside the house we have the living room. Nice and spacious with a small nook for her computer and stereo so she can easily work from home whenever she desires, or when she has the sudden urge to piece together a busted up easel (I'm guessing that particular desire doesn't come up much.

tv.png

And of course what would a living room be without an extravagantly over-sized tv. Perfect for when you want as bigger than normal but not quite a movie theater.

kitchen1.png

back behind the living room is the kitchen featuring a clean modern woody look (yes woody is a technical term, okay maybe not but I'm using it anyway). It also features a nice pair of seats next to the island for casual dining.

dining-room.png

When you need something more formal though Gwen has it covered with her nice large dining room. It honestly doesn't get a huge amount of use most of the time but hey at least it looks good so it's not completely unnecessary.

second-bedroom.png

Moving on to the second floor we have the guest bedroom. Not a whole lot to say other than it's very red, which some of our more keen eyed observers may have noticed is a color Gwen is quite fond of as it is featured prominently throughout the house and in her wardrobe.

master-bedroom.png

And on her wardrobe as well for that matter. Obviously we have the master bedroom here like the living room featuring a nice obnoxiously large tv for when you want that private space of yours to feel like it's packed with people.

master-balcony.png

Outside that we have the master balcony with yet more couches (seriously I think half the houses budget is just couches, the other half is windows. Just imagining the window cleaning costs sends shivers down my spine.

pool-area.png

And at the top we have the combination pool area, bar, and exercise area for when you feel like getting your bikini body in order while wearing your bikini and drinking a mai tai (you would be amazed how often that comes up in everyday life, hell whenever I exercise I feel the sudden desire for alcohol, minus the bikini of course :p ).

pond-view.png

And of course since we are at the top of the building there is a lovely view of the pond out behind the house. It's public space of course but you can at least pretend it's yours. You know like a "everything the light touches is our kingdom" kind of deal (and yes I just made a Lions King reference, why? Why not :p ).

master-bath.png

Lastly we have the master bathroom....

first-floor-bath.png

....and the first floor bathroom.

They're bathrooms what do you really want me to say.

And that's it for the bonus update. I am still going to try and have my usual story update by tonight but it's my day off from work so I make no guarantee's of productivity.
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    That pool is amaaaaaaazing!!

Poor Cassie. I hope she finds happiness.
  • Options
    Today's update

dive-in.png

A large splash resonated around the rooftop as Gwen hurled herself into the pool sending water splashing in all directions as she vanished beneath the surface.

come-on-in.png

Popping back up a second later she turned and called to Cassie who was standing back still shielding herself from Gwen's resulting splash.

"Aww come on Cassie. It's a swimming pool you can't be afraid to get wet. Jump on in the water's great."

follow-suit.png

"I'm coming I'm coming" Cassie said laughing as she took a running leap into the pool.

waters-great.png

As she bobbed up to the surface she couldn't help but breath a sigh of satisfaction. Gwen was right the water was great. Perfectly cool especially on such a hot day.

"What did I tell you, water's great isn't it" Gwen called out.

"Yeah it is, it's just amazing" Cassie said as she allowed herself to just relax and drift in the refreshing water.

sudden-splash.png

"Good then have some more" Gwen replied with a cackle as a blast of water shot out from the force of Gwen's hand catapulting straight into Cassie's face.

Shaking the water from here eyes Cassie stared over at her friend who was now holding her sides in laughter. "You really should of seen your face, you didn't even see it comi....."

retaliation.png

Gwen's statement was cut short as Cassie's retaliation caught her off guard. "Remember, don't give if you can't take it in return." Called out Cassie a huge grin plastered across her face.

no-time-to-think.png

And before long the two had become completely involved in their own little water war, splashing back and forth as the two played around in the pool like a pair of kids.

feels-great-after-all-the-drama.png

Cassie couldn't help but think about how great this felt to just let loose like this. After all the stress and drama over the past few days between her search for Gwen, the realization about her easel, and Gwen's sudden confession; relaxing and just having a fun afternoon in the pool felt great.

break-on-the-ledge.png

After a while of that the two climbed up onto the side of the pool, breathing heavily from the back and forth exertion of splashing around and trying to avoid the others returning shots.

"I'm so glad you moved in" Gwen commented. "It's fun being able to have someone to share the pool with for a change."

"You know you didn't need me to move in for this, I would have hung out if you just invited me" Cassie teased.

"It wouldn't be the same. I'm just really glad you're here. I love you Cassie"

gwens-glad.png

Cassie's face went red at the comment but before she could think of a response Gwen caught her off guard and started tickling her.

"Oh *haha* that's not *giggle* no fair with the sneak attack." Cassie said struggling to get the words out through her giggling.

stop-stop-anything-but.png

"Stop stop" Cassie gasped out trying to break free of her laughter so she could get a breath in. "I'll do anything, just stop"

"Anything" Gwen said with a smirk

anything-else.png

The next thing Cassie knew she felt Gwen's lips on hers. Another gentle kiss that the blonde woman so loved to give and always seemed to make Cassie lose herself.

"So was that better" Gwen said with a smile as she released the kiss.

slightly-dissapointed.png

But Cassie, her face having gone a brilliant shade of red to rival Gwen's decorating sense, just dove back into the pool leaving Gwen sitting there a slightly disappointed look on her face.

back-to-the-splash-war.png

But her disappointment didn't last long as Cassie suddenly spun around catching her off guard with another splash.

"Hey" Gwen called out still spluttering from the sudden burst of water in her face "what happened to know sneak attacks.

Cassie just stuck out her tongue playfully as she turned and same towards the opposite end of the pool goading Gwen into chasing her.

chasing.png

Gwen just laughed as she gladly took the bait and dove back in to chase after the beautiful redhead.

This was truly a wonderful afternoon.

And that's it for this update. Thank you for reading :)
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Maybe I should have been a reporter instead of an I. T.

They must bag six figures easy!

;)
  • Options
    Just wanted to let people know that there won't be an update today. I'm having some trouble figuring out how I want to do this chapter and I have to go to work soon. I will try to get it up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    Ahh Writing 102 (from a non-writer since College that is-- )

This story roared out of the gate! You have great continuity, (at least to this reader) can see you have a clear, if general path for them, but after the roar out of the gate come so many different directions.

Heck, in other words, remember when you started? All the real Sim-Lit writers said pretty much the same. "Take your time! let it flow! Even the characters, now that they are developed.. will even "lead" you rom time to time!

In playing the game, I "plan" in general my Sims' next few "days" when I am not playing. Oh they get their freedom but I am maneuvering them along certain general paths. A lot of non-game time is actually spent in game-related thinking! it seems a lot like writing.

So just use breaks-in-the-action at work to consider scenarios for them.

Hey, I'll check in every once in a while for your next chapter-- whenever you are ready to write it! I'm positive your other readers will do the same.

That's only my two cents.
  • Options
    Here's the next update

work-after-weekend.png

Cassie groggily woke up the next morning, It was monday which sadly meant a return to work, admittedly she wasn't normally enthused about work anyway but after two days off she was especially uninterested.

But she she still had to go, no sense wasting a vacation day just because she didn't like Mondays, so she pulled herself out of bed and headed for the bathroom to get ready.

walks-in-on-gwen.png

However as she entered the bathroom her eyes met a surprising sight, Gwen.... taking a bath.... naked.

With a shout of apology Cassie darted back out of the bathroom her face having gone about as bright red as was humanly possible.

awkward.png

Hurriedly she headed downstairs to the first floor bathroom her cheeks still flushed from the incident. What an idiot I am, she thought. She'd completely forgotten that she wasn't living on her own anymore and hadn't even thought to knock. And because of that she'd walked on Gwen.... naked. The thought renewed the heat on her cheeks as she hurriedly jumped into the shower turning the water to cold to try and calm herself down from the embarrassing situation.

you-could-have-joined-me.png

A short time later Cassie emerged from the bathroom dressed, showered, and mostly back to normal from what had happened. As she walked out into the kitchen she saw Gwen, thankfully dressed this time albeit simply in a bathrobe, fixing breakfast.

"Morning Cassie" Gwen said smiling as she glanced back over her shoulder.

"Morning" replied Cassie trying desperately not to think about what had happened.

"So did you enjoy the view" Gwen commented teasingly.

Cassie immediately grimaced as her face again went bright red. So much for trying not to think of it. "I'm really sorry about that, I should have knocked before walking in."

Gwen just laughed, "Cassie, it doesn't bother me. We've slept together, you've seen me naked before. Plus we're seeing each other so it's not like there's anything wrong with you seeing me" Gwen paused her for dramatic effect, and like to enhance her own teasing "au naturale."

Cassie's blush intensified from the statements which only spurred Gwen on to tease even more "You should have just joined me. It would have been far more fun." Gwen commented slyly as she carried the plates over to the table.

still-time.png

At this point Cassie was positive that any more teasing and her face would actually catch on fire but Gwen didn't seem to plan on slowing down.

"There's still a bit of time before work, we could head upstairs and I could show you how much fun we could have been having."

rushing-off-to-work.png

But as Gwen said it her eyes caught the clock and widened with realization that there sadly wasn't time.

"Oh plum it, I'm going to be late" she said as she raced off towards the dressing area. Afterwards she swung back by the kitchen and gave Cassie a quick kiss before hurrying out the door.

eats-and-heads-off-to-work.png

Cassie quickly finished her breakfast as well and changed into her work clothes knowing she had to head out shortly after. At least this gave her the chance to calm down again before work, she certainly didn't want to show up to work all flushed and bothered. Her boss had been annoying before, though his good behavior continued thanks to Gwen's interference, and she didn't need to go giving him any reason or ideas.

one-of-her-moods.png

As her workday came to an end though while her mood from the morning had receded it had been replaced by one of her normal bouts of anger.

wanted-to-continue-from-this-morning-but-isntead.png

As she entered the house Gwen was waiting for her, the blonde woman had been planning to continue where they had been forced to leave off that morning but seeing that Cassie's temper had flared up decided that it probably wasn't the best time. Especially given the younger girl's apprehension towards the relationship to begin with.

"What happened" Gwen asked already prepared for the wave of ire she was likely toe receive.

"Stupid plums at work, the copier went out and for some reason they wanted me to fix it!, I'm an assistant not technical services. Then they had the nerve to get upset with me when, even after a couple hours with fighting with the stupid thing and getting more ink on me than I ever care to see again in my life, I couldn't fix it.

"Well at least you wear black anyway so it hides the stains" Gwen joked weakly. Cassie just glared at Gwen's attempt at humor.

"Sorry" replied Gwen "I was just trying to help cheer you up a little."

"I know" Cassie sighed. " It's just.... ugggghhh"

tv-chatting-and-pizza.png

So realizing that Cassie needed a chance to de-stress Gwen went for plan B: tv, chatting, and pizza. That way they could just sit on the couch watching comedy and relax while Cassie vented and neither of them had to worry about cooking.

And before long, and after cursing the names of half the upper staff at Pope industries, Cassie was finally starting to feel better.

you-can-take-your-clothes-off-if-you-want.png

"You know" Gwen teased now that Cassie was mostly back to her usual self "if you want to take your clothes off after your rough day I won't complain."

very-funny.png

Cassie rolled her eyes, the allusion to that first day of work not going over her head "Haha, very funny. you never run out of jokes do you?"

"Of course not, I'm offended you would even consider such a thing." Gwen respond feigning mock indignation.

The two just laughed the last bits of Cassie's stressful day melting away.

day-off-tomorrow.png

"By the way" Gwen interjected now that things were completely relaxed. "There's something work related I need to talk to you about"

"Oh" said Cassie in surprise.

"Well it seems that my comments Saturday weren't entirely unfounded. The station got wind of your door to door search for me and obviously someone knocking on the doors of half of town in search of a well known local figurehead is news worthy."

Cassie groaned, she didn't regret searching for Gwen but it was still a bit humiliating to learn that she was making the local news over it.

"In addition since I'm involved they want me to make an official statement on it" Gwen continued. "and, and I stress this is their words not mine, they wanted me to ask if you would be willing to come on and talk about it yourself."

"What!?" Cassie said this bit really catching her attention.

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger" Gwen said. "I didn't make any promises, I just agreed to pass on the message. I will agree with whatever you want to do."

Cassie groaned again as she buried her face in her hands. This was really not something she wanted right now. To be paraded around as the story of the day, the crazed woman who had been running around Oasis Springs.

"I'll take that as a no" Gwen replied. "Well how about this, since I have to give a statement either way why don't you take a day off and come down to the station with me. You don't have to be on camera but you can at least be there to make sure that things go smoothly. And I promise I won't let them make a laughing stock out of you."

Cassie laughed at Gwen's comment "Do you have some kind of mind reading ability you haven't mentioned. You always seem to know what I'm thinking."

Gwen laughed as she gave Cassie a hug. "Not always, but I do care, and I don't like seeing you unhappy."

kiss-on-the-cheek.png

Gwen punctuated this with a kiss on the cheek

"Thanks" said Cassie. "I think I will tag along tomorrow."

"Great" Gwen said happily. "And afterwards I can give you a tour of the station so it won't be all serious business, now come on this pizza isn't going to finish itself."

Cassie laughed as she reached for another piece and the two settled back for the remainder of their quiet evening.

And that's it for this update.

Just to mention it may be a little bit before the next update. We are changing internet providers, which on the bright side should mean better internet for me, but due to that I am going to be without internet for close to a week. I will try to get updates played and posted if I can find a way to connect long enough to post but I make no promises. Worst case I will be back in a week with a backlog of updates to post.
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I have just caught up! I feel a bit behind...as usual.

Anyways, I love what you've done so far and they both draw me in soooo much. You've made them so complex. It's amazing.

Good luck with the internet!!!!
  • Options
    I have just caught up! I feel a bit behind...as usual.

Anyways, I love what you've done so far and they both draw me in soooo much. You've made them so complex. It's amazing.

Good luck with the internet!!!!

I'm glad your enjoying it :)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Sorry to vanish like that, I meant to mention I was going to be gone for a bit due to changing internet, I just forgot to post about it here :cold_sweat:

But I am back now with the next update for Cassie's story

oa6.png

doo doo do do doo do do doo do doooooooo

"Welcome folks to today's regularly schedule new program, bringing you all the up to date news from your area. We're OA6 news, your news from your area."

tara-lansing.png

"Now for your daily news report with our talented news anchor Tara Lansing"

gwen-snow.png

"and as a special guest co-anchor today we have everyone's favorite reporter. The ever lovely Gwendolyn Snow."

glance-at-cassie.png

With that the intro to the program finished, Cassie watched from the background as people darted and signaled around the room, motioning for camera changes and making sure the teleprompter was positioned where it was clearly visible as it listed the main details of the days story. Up behind the anchor desk Tara followed up the intro as she smoothly ran through the various updates and weather for the day occasionally mixing in some light banter with Gwen.

yesterday-stalker.png

"So Gwen" Tara segwayed as she finished up the general news report. "It's an interesting set of predicaments that have brought you behind the news desk with me as opposed to your usual job delivering the breaking news from out in the field."

"It certainly has been Tara" Gwen said with a laugh "I'm used to reporting the news not being part of it after all"

"Of course" replied Tara. "And I vote we keep it that way in the future, we don't need you coming in and stealing the show to often or I'll be out of a job."

"Oh no worries of that Tara" Gwen said with another laugh "I much prefer being out there anyway reporting back whats going on throughout our town and the surrounding areas. Though admittedly I could get used to the chair, it's nice to sit down for a change."

Turning back to towards the camera Tara continued with the report. "For those who missed yesterday's program our star reporter here managed to land herself in the news for a change when reports started coming in from around town that she may have a stalker. According to numerous eye witnesses a redheaded woman was going door to door in search of the lovely Ms. Snow here, and while admittedly who could blame her it certainly raised suspicious causing many of you to call us inquiring as to Gwen's safety. So Gwen, any comment on the events? Do you really have a redheaded stalker going around Oasis Springs?"

no-worries-tara.png

Gwen laughed again as the camera's turned towards her in preparation for the camera switch. "Well I can put everyone's minds at ease right now. No I am not being stalked, at least not by the redhead in question. The woman that people reported seeing going to door to door is a dear friend of mine by the name of Cassie. There had been some confusion between us over the last few days and due to that confusion and the fact that I had forgotten to tell her where I live she wound up going door to door looking for me. But I can promise you all there is nothing to worry about. in fact Cassie is right here in the studio with us now as my beautiful co-anchor can vouch, though sorry you won't be seeing her up here today as she's a bit camera shy."

At this point Gwen glanced over at Cassie and gave her a small wink. Cassie wasn't sure if it was for the camera or not but she couldn't help blushing slightly at the attention.

admiring-gwen.png

She had to admit though it was really amazing watching Gwen in action as the two woman continued with the rest of the report for the day. Gwen really was good at this, it was no surprise that she was as valued by the station as she was. She easily transition from topic to topic always maintaining an air of grace about her as she and Tara went back and forth talking about the other stories all the while maintaining a cheerful smile and demeanor that just made her a pleasure to watch. Cassie blushed a bit more at the thought as she tried her best to reign in her thoughts.

thats-it-folks.png

"Well that's it for today folks" Tara said as the show started to come to a close. "As ever we hope you enjoyed the program and will tune in tomorrow for our next news update. And of course we would also like to thank Gwen for joining us today and helping to clear up some of the concerns over the story from yesterday."

"Happy to help Tara, we should do this again sometime."

Tara laughed "So much for my job being safe because your happy in the field, eh Gwen. And that's it everybody, have a good afternoon and thanks for watching."

ANNNDDD CUT!!!

so-how-did-i-do.png

With the directors call the set relaxed as the cameras were switched off and quickly moved out of the way. Gwen hopped up from behind the news desk and walked over to Cassie planting a quick kiss on the younger woman's lips as she walked up.

"So how did I do" Gwen commented cheerfully.

"You were amazing" Cassies said, stammering slightly from the surprise of the kiss "I can hardly believe you do this so easily on a daily basis."

Gwen laughed "Well usually it's not quite this exciting. Being news anchor is more Tara's thing. I usually stick to reporting and doing interviews."

"You wouldn't know it to look at you" Tara commented as she walked up. "You were a natural up there. I'm surprised they haven't put you at anchor before now."

"Oh they tried" Gwen chuckled "I just couldn't get used to being stuck behind a desk. What about you, want to try being a field reporter next time?"

"No thanks" Tara laughed "I'm perfectly happy behind the news desk where it's nicely air conditioned"

"Oh come on Tara, it's been a few months already, you need to get used to the weather eventually"

"Oh I'm used to it, i just prefer air conditioning thank you very much."

pleasure-to-meet-you.png

"I'm Tara by the way" the woman commented holding out her hand for Cassie to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"A pleasure to meet you as well" Cassie replied as she shook Tara's hand."

"Sorry, I wish I could chat for a bit but I need to go get ready for the talk show program we have starting in an hour."

see-you-after-i-change.png

Gwen gave Cassie a quick hug, "I need to go change as well so we can get out of the way before the commotion starts up again. I'll meet you by the front desk in a little bit."

Cassie nodded in response and turned to walk towards the front while Gwen and Tara headed for the dressing room.

As they entered and sat down Gwen glanced over at Tara quizzically. "So what's with the lie? You all film the talk show in the morning, and even if you hadn't you don't usually change for it?"

is-everything-alright.png

Tara glanced back at the blonde woman, "I figured you'd probably notice but it's nothing much, I just wanted to talk to you alone for a second."

"What about" Gwen asked.

"Is everything going okay between you and Cassie?"

Gwen stared in shock, taken aback by the question. "Everything's fine, why?

"Things just seem a bit weird between you two is all."

everythings-fine.png

"Well you don't have to worry. Nothing is wrong between Cassie and I"

it-doesnt-look-like-it.png

"Hmmm" Tara mumbled unconvinced "It just seems odd. You kissed her after we finished and she seemed more surprised than anything, and it seemed liked she almost wanted to break away as opposed to kissing you back. You can't deny that's a bit strange."

rough-but-its-okay.png

"Don't worry about it, that's just Cassie she's....." Gwen paused not really wanting to go into Cassie's personal history without her consent "Let's just say she's had some rough patches. But everything's okay. We're working through it."

Tara still seemed unconvinced as she stared at the older woman. "I just worry is all, you've been great to me since I got here and I just want you to be happy."

Gwen laughed as she gave Tara a playful shove "Well you don't have to worry. I am happy, and everything is fine between me and Cassie."

not-fully-convinced.png

A few minutes later Gwen emerged from the dressing room back in her normal clothes and she and Cassie headed out from the station while Tara watched from the background as they left.

mall.png

With the rest of their day open Gwen and Cassie couldn't think of anything specific to do so they decided to wander through the new mall that had recently opened.

furniture-store.png

The trip was mostly uneventful. Gwen wandered through a furniture store but didn't find anything of real interest since apparently they didn't stock much in red.

gwen-still-looks-good.png

They also tried on some clothes as Gwen proved that she can look good in just about anything though Gwen opted to stick to her usual wardrobe. Cassie tried on a few things but couldn't help but feel she looked weird in brighter colors despite Gwen's insistence that she was beautiful.

theatre.png

And the spent the rest of the afternoon at the mall's movie theatre enjoying a romantic film (which Gwen picked out and at which Cassie couldn't help but blush furiously).

relaxing.png

Throughout all this though Gwen couldn't but feel that something was off, she'd tried to hold Cassie's hand a couple times but the redhead always seemed to pull away. In the theatre she had leaned in for a kiss but Cassie had turned her head leading it to simply be a kiss on the cheek, a move that Gwen recalled happening the night before as well. Gwen didn't hold it against Cassie, she knew the young girl was still having a tough time because of what happened with her ex, and Gwen was okay with taking it easy but she couldn't deny that it bothered her slightly. She knew how she felt about Cassie and wanted to be able to express it, but Cassie always seemed to be dodging any attempts at romance.

wedding-boutique.png

As the day got late and they were getting ready to head home Gwen spied a store they had missed.

"Hey Cassie, look at this"

'hmmm" Cassie said turning to scan in the direction Gwen had headed.

It was a small wedding boutique. Gwen stared inside admiring the dresses against the far wall, but as she looked up to see Cassie's direction hoping to possibly see a bit of interest as well, she wasn't looking for a major commitment or anything but a sign of interest would at least help tell her that despite Cassie's worries Gwen's feelings were shared, she was met with disappointment.

wandered-away-to-look-at-something-else.png

Cassie had wandered away to look through a different window leaving Gwen standing alone outside the boutique.

And that's it for this update. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :)

edit: lol :p I just realize I did mention about the internet thing at the end of the previous chapters. So much for my powers of observation :/
    Post edited by StoriedStorm on
  • Options
    Sorry no update today. I'm facing a little bit of writers block at the moment. I have two ideas on the next chapter and can't seem to settle on one at the moment. I will try to have an update soon but it won't be today.
  • Options
    Very nice news set.. Actually nice graphics, as always.
  • Options
    Okay and here is the next chapter.

life-continues.png

Life went on for Gwen and Cassie though the troubles between them still weren't getting any better. As each day went by it was becoming more and more apparent to Gwen how rough things were even though she wished she could ignore it and believe everything would be fine if they just took it easy and slow.

still-great-friends.png

On the surface most people would think everything was fine, the two still hung out, still joked around, and were altogether still great friends.

zone-out.png

But Gwen wanted more than that, as while Cassie had agreed to give a relationship a chance any time Gwen tried to be at all romantic Cassie would zone out. Like Tara had said it seemed as though whenever romance became involved Cassie just backed off and seemed more like she wanted to run away, which Gwen knew in a way the young girl did.... that lack of passion was eating away at Gwen.

work-and-not-think-about-it.png

And it started getting to the point where Gwen just looked forward to when it was time to head to the news station because it meant a few hours that she didn't have to think of the distance that was constantly growing between her and Cassie.

But even when she was distracted by work the stress she was feeling over the whole situation still showed on her face, and Tara at least was really starting to worry as she watched the usual cheery reporter become more and more despondent.

tara-is-waiting-for-her.png

And one day as Gwen arrived home she found Tara waiting for her, and by the serious look on Tara's face she knew that this wasn't a social call.

"Hi Tara" Gwen said cautiously, unsure exactly what the young woman's reason for showing up was.

"Gwen we need to talk" Tara said flatly. She was done sitting on the sidelines and was willing to be as tough as she needed to be if it meant helping Gwen.

Gwen sighed knowing how stubborn Tara could be and even though she wasn't really in the mood for this with everything else going on beckoned her friend to follow her inside.

youre-acting-odd.png

"So what's going on" Gwen asked as the two walked into the living room.

"I didn't know you painted" Tara commented noticing the easel in the corner.

"I don't, it's Cassie's."

"Oh" Tara said surprised not having taken Cassie for the painting type. "I didn't realize she painted either."

"She doesn't.... it's complicated."

"Yeah there seems to be a lot of that right now." Tara responded.

"I assume you have something else on your mind other than me and Cassie's hobbies?"

i-know-youre-lying.png

The two settled down on the couch and Tara got straight to the point. "Something is bothering you Gwen. I can see it"

Gwen forced a smile trying again to dissuade her friends worries. "I've told you, things are fine. Nothing is wrong between me and Cassie....."

"I never mentioned Cassie" Tara said abruptly, "And I can tell you're lying Gwen. We may not have known each other for long but I've gotten a good sense of you since I started at OA6. Your cheerful, your confident, your funny.... but all of a sudden all of that has gone away. Ever since she showed up. And now your attempt at avoiding the subject has proven my suspicions."

Gwen stiffened as she continued to try to avoid the subject. "Okay yes I'm a bit stressed, I told you the other day things were a bit rough but it's nothing you need to worry about, just some issues Cassie and I are working through."

"I'm not dumb Gwen" Tara said firmly. "This isn't some small stress, and I'm not going to stop pressing until you tell me the truth. You taught me that. A good reporter gets to the bottom of things, giving up isn't an option."

feeling-helpless.png

Gwen sighed realizing that Tara wasn't going to back off on this. "Alright, alright.... look I can't tell you all the details as some are personal to Cassie and I'm not going to talk about her without her consent, but suffice it to say that you were right the other day. Cassie and I are going through a rough patch right now... she's been distant....

"She doesn't love you" Tara said bluntly.

The statement stung as it hit Gwen's ears, partially because she refused to believe it, but partially because she was starting to fear that it might be true. "You're wrong."

"No I'm not" replied Tara, "and you know I'm not. I haven't forgotten that kiss the other day, she didn't kiss you back at all. She didn't even look like she wanted to be there. It's just not working Gwen, you should....."

"IT'S NOT HER IT'S ME!" Gwen yelled. "CASSIE HAS HER ISSUES YES BUT THEY AREN'T HER FAULT, AND I'M NOT GOING TO SIT HER AND BLAME HER FOR THEM! THE PROBLEM IS WITH ME......" Gwen's voice trailed off as she said what had been really bothering her out loud for the first time. "Ever since I left home I've been in control, my job, my home, my whole life, I've gotten everything I wanted through hard work and perseverance..... until now. Now I've found the woman of my dreams. The woman who I know I want to spend my life with..... yes she has her issues but I'm supposed to be there for her but I can't figure out how to help her. I feel helpless to help her overcome what happened."

just-end-it.png

"It's not your fault Gwen" Tara said calmly. "You can't make someone love you, no matter how hard you try if the spark isn't there you can't force it"

"She does love me" Gwen replied determinedly "I've felt that spark, I know it's there"

"Well then it's gone now" Tara said bluntly, she knew Gwen didn't want to face it but it had to be said. "You need to end it Gwen. You're throwing yourself at a brick wall. Whether she once loved you or not those feelings clearly aren't there anymore. Just end it. That's the best thing for both of you. Don't drag out the inevitable."

Gwen stared in shock as she heard the words coming from Tara's mouth. End it.... just like that? Break up with Cassie? No she couldn't do that. She wouldn't be another person in Cassie's life to turn away because things got difficult, and she wasn't going to give up on the feelings she knew were there.

"I won't do that Tara" Gwen said coldly "And if you have the nerve to say that to me again then I will politely ask you to get out of my house."

Tara was taken aback by the sudden tone of Gwen's voice. "I... I'm just trying to help you Gwen"

you-dont-understand.png

"Well that's not going to help." Gwen replied her voice softening a bit as she saw the hurt in Tara's face. "I can see you're trying to help but you can't in this situation. You just don't understand the whole picture."

"So tell me. What am I not seeing because from where I'm sitting it looks perfectly clear." Tara replied half shouting.

"I can't, as I said some details aren't mine to share. Cassie's past is her own and I'm not going to spread it around without her permission."

trust-me-things-will-work-out.png

The two stood up and Gwen gave Tara a friendly hug. "I understand you want to help but you just need to trust me when I say this isn't something you can help with, things are tough but they will work out. Please just stay out of it and let Cassie and I deal with our troubles."

Tara nodded as she said goodbye realizing that nothing she said to Gwen was going to change the blonde woman's mind.

wont-back-off.png

But as she left there was one thing Tara knew for sure, there was no way she was just going to sit back and watch Gwen continue to screw this up. She wasn't going to stay out of it.

And that's it for today. Thank you as always for reading, I hope everyone enjoyed the update :)
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    OOOOOHhhhh!! So many mysteries to unfold here! So many directions this can go! Love it. :)
  • Options
    OOOOOHhhhh!! So many mysteries to unfold here! So many directions this can go! Love it. :)

• Options
    Here is the next chapter

better-mood.png

The talk the day before with Tara had really taken it out of Gwen. To believe that she would actually tell Gwen to break up with Cassie.... Gwen knew she couldn't do that, she wouldn't do that to Cassie and couldn't bear to just give up on the woman she knew she cared for so deeply.

gwen-has-a-plan.png

That just wasn't who she was. Gwendolyn Snow doesn't give up when it comes to achieving her goals. And as she woke up she could barely suppress the wide grin on her face... she had a plan.

surprise-romantic-dinner.png

Despite her glee at the plan forming in her head she knew it wouldn't be half as fun if Cassie knew, so for the rest of the morning Gwen went about the day like normal, not even fretting as Cassie held back like usual when Gwen gave her a kiss goodbye before heading for the news station.

heading-off-to-work-with-a-grin.png

After all, come this evening Gwen was going to prove to young girl without a doubt how much she cared with the most romantic stay in dinner date she could manage, and she would make Cassie belive, as Gwen did, that this was worth going for. With that in mind Gwen couldn't suppress her smile as she headed to work, half distracted by all the ideas she had for that evening.

unexpected-visitor.png

But shortly after Gwen had left for work an unexpected visitor arrived at the door. Gwen wasn't the only one with a plan regarding her and Cassie's relationship, though Tara's stance was far different from the lovestruck blonde.

i-want-to-talk-to-you.png

As Cassie answered the knock on the door she was surprised to see Tara standing out front. She recognized the woman from when they had met at the news station and knew she lived next door but had never seen her come to visit before.

"Sorry you just missed Gwen, she already left for work." Cassie said politely. Even if she didn't know the woman that well she didn't want to be rude, especially since Gwen and Tara were friends.

"I realize" Tara said in a stern tone that caught Cassie off guard. "I just wanted to talk to you for a minute."

Cassie was taken aback by the comment. She wasn't sure why Tara would want to talk to her, the two of them barely knew each other outside of that one meeting, plus the tone of the woman's voice was a bit off putting as well. But still wanting to remain polite Cassie invited the brunette in.

"So what's up," Cassie asked nervously. "Is everything alright."

what-you-are-doing-is-wrong.png

Tara stopped and crossed her arms stiffly "No everything is not alright, I can see what your doing with Gwen, and it's wrong."

Cassie came to a halt, staring in shock at the sudden statement. "What I'm doing with her? I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb, I saw that kiss between you two the other day at the station, Gwen kissed you, but you didn't kiss her back. In fact you seemed more like you wanted to be somewhere else. Yet despite that you continue this sham of a relationship. I won't let it continue.

temper-flairs-at-accusation.png

Cassie felt her temper start to rise.... won't let her? She knew that things were rough between her and Gwen and that she couldn't deny the issues that were there, but at the same time who was this woman to try to tell her what to do?

"What Gwen and I do is none of your concern....." Cassie started to say angrily before Tara cut her off.

toying-with-her-emotions.png

"I'm making it my concern. I may not have been in Oasis Springs much longer than you but I knew Gwen before you two met, and she used to be happy. But ever since you to got together she hasn't been herself. She's been depressed, she's been stressed, she's been a shell of who she was. All because of you, because she loves you but for some reason you maintain this relationship despite not retuning those feelings. You're toying with her emotions and it's hurting her as a result."

i-wont-let-you-do-this-to-her.png

"So I will make this clear. Leave. I don't know if you did love her once or have any feelings for her at all but if you have any shred of compassion for her whatsoever then get out of her life."

Tara's words cut deep, for the first time Cassie felt her anger forced back as she was confronted by the woman's words. "Gwen is my friend" she stammered out her emotions conflicted between the fact that she did care for Gwen, even if she was unable to love her, and the fact that according to Tara her being there was hurting Gwen on it's own.

shes-better-off-without-you.png

"THEN ACT LIKE IT!" Tara said loudly. "If you are her friend then do what's right and go away. All this farce of a romance is going to do is hurt her in the long run. As said I don't know why you are doing this to begin with but if you think you are in some way helping her by playing along with the feelings she has without returning them then you are dead wrong. All you are doing is setting her up to break her heart later. So get out and at least lessen the pain she's going to feel. She doesn't need you in her life. And to be quite honest she's better off with out you."

With that Tara turned and left the house having said her piece and leaving Cassie standing there.

sadly-off-to-work.png

She wasn't sure how to react, part of her wanted to be angry, she had never taken well to being yelled at.... but the fact was she did feel like she was helping Gwen.... she'd wanted to break things off after that first night, save herself the pain that would happen if she fell in love again only to have her heartbroken a second time. But Gwen had wanted so badly to try.... she'd almost made Cassie believe it was worth it to take a chance.... but now as Tara's words still rang through her head she couldn't help but feel that agreeing had been a mistake. She'd given it a shot as best she could even though she still hadn't been able to reciprocate Gwen's feelings, but nothing had changed, nothing had gotten better, things just weren't working out, and because of that she was just giving Gwen the false hope..... setting her up for the same pain that Cassie had wanted to avoid.

As she headed out the door realizing she needed to get to work one core thought floated through her head.

Maybe Tara was right and the best thing for Gwen..... would be to just leave.

That's it for this chapter. Thank you for reading :)
  • Options
    JesxSimsJesxSims Posts: 526 Member
    Ugh I knew Tara was gonna be trouble
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
  • Options
    @JesxSims @BBQPenguinWings I'm getting the sense people don't like Tara much though I can't for the life of me figure out why *sarcasm* :p
  • Options
    Ohh I don't see Tara as "trouble"

(What i see is) She is trying to be a good friend to Gwen. She doesn't know Cassie's history like Gwen and us readers do. --why she hesitates to fall back in love after what had happened before, and just as understandably, Gwen did not want to reveal Cassie's past without her consent which Cassie doesn't strike me as the type of girl who would give it.

(I Can't believe I'm getting this involved in the story!-- Not a bad thing, though.)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I understand she wants help Gwen but she has no right to get involved especially because she doesn't the whole story. Even if she did no one can truly know what goes on with you and your partner only you two fully understand because you know all the details
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That may be, it's only my take on what Tara sees, and that is what a good friend does when someone unknown comes along and shreds her good friend's feelings.

Just because Gwen can't share details of Cassie's past doesn't mean Tara should just stand by and watch her friend be miserable.

That, to me is what a good friend does because in her eyes, Gwen is too smitten to think clearly. No one in love ever is..

But hey, that's just my opinion. I have no intention of speaking for the author or his plans for them

But I'd be remiss if I didn't say I was looking forward to a good ol' cat fight. (I ain't been in one of those with a woman over another woman in a few years)..

EDIT: Sorry I'm likely reading too heavily into what is meant to be light, enjoyable reading fare.

Gotta admit, though, if not for Tara sticking her 2 cents in, Cassie would still not quite be aware of what she is doing to Gwen.

In the end they'll both be the better for it, even if Tara winds up minus a few teeth once Gwen finds out about her little House-Call. They have to! It's a Legacy story! They gotta get together, get an heir, maybe a Spare-- so the Reaper can come scoop them up, one by one-- and stuff them into urns and then we get Chapter Two

:dizzy:
    Post edited by Miki on
  • Options
    Miki wrote: »
    That may be, it's only my take on what Tara sees, and that is what a good friend does when someone unknown comes along and shreds her good friend's feelings.

Just because Gwen can't share details of Cassie's past doesn't mean Tara should just stand by and watch her friend be miserable.

That, to me is what a good friend does because in her eyes, Gwen is too smitten to think clearly. No one in love ever is..

But hey, that's just my opinion. I have no intention of speaking for the author or his plans for them

But I'd be remiss if I didn't say I was looking forward to a good ol' cat fight. (I ain't been in one of those with a woman over another woman in a few years)..

EDIT: Sorry I'm likely reading too heavily into what is meant to be light, enjoyable reading fare.

Gotta admit, though, if not for Tara sticking her 2 cents in, Cassie would still not quite be aware of what she is doing to Gwen.

In the end they'll both be the better for it, even if Tara winds up minus a few teeth once Gwen finds out about her little House-Call. They have to! It's a Legacy story! They gotta get together, get an heir, maybe a Spare-- so the Reaper can come scoop them up, one by one-- and stuff them into urns and then we get Chapter Two

:dizzy:

No I completely understand she is being a good friend. She is. She is very protective of her friend. But we all know when someone, even if they have the best intentions, goes behind our back after we explicitly asked them to stay out of it. There will be trouble. And cassie knew they were having trouble but now, because of tara putting the idea in her head, she thinks running away... Again...is the answer.

And you aren't making a big deal out of a story. It's good we can have these discussions cuz after all our stories are a reflection of life and reality so these are real issues. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And now for the next chapter

stressed-from-taras-day-off.png

It had been a long day at work for Gwen. She'd gone into work that morning cheerful over the thoughts of the romantic evening she was planning for Cassie only to be faced with an exhausting day at work that hadn't allowed her any time to stop and think. Tara had suddenly requested a day off so Gwen had ended up having to fill in as the anchor for the day. Darn it Tara, Gwen thought. You could have at least given a little forewarning. Oh well though, at least the day was over.

practically-bouncing-with-glee.png

But Gwen couldn't stay irritable long, after all she was finally home and could get things set up for dinner. And as she started her preparations all her worries faded away as she practically bounced with glee as all her wonderful plans resumed running through her head.

best-meal-she-can-make.png

Preparing dinner came first, this wasn't a normal night so she refused to just throw something together like she usually did. She was no master chef by any means but she knew a few tricks and she made sure to put all of that to good use as she darted around the kitchen making sure everything about the meal was perfect.

table-set-up.png

After the food was taken care of she headed upstairs to the balcony to set up the table carefully covering it with a table cloth and single red rose at the center. She'd thought about using the formal dining table which she rarely got a chance to use and putting some candles on it but decided a small table under the moon and stars would be much better and far more romantic. At the thought her mind went back to running wild as different scenarios of how she would make Cassie swoon ran through her head.

with all that done and the end of Cassie's shift nearing there was only one thing left to prepare.

special-occaisions-dress.png

Herself.

The quickly put on a sleek form fitting red dress. It was by far her favorite dress she owned and she'd had it for years though she rarely ever wore it. To her it was her "special occasions dress" which only got brought out for something really special.... or in this case for someone really special. Date nights normally didn't warrant this particular dress for Gwen but she knew she wanted to pull out all the stops tonight, she wanted Cassie to feel special, to truly know how much Gwen cared.

now-just-sit-and-wait.png

And with everything set up all that was left was to wait. Gwen settled down at a seat up stairs and flipped on the stereo sitting in the bedroom to some nice gentle romantic music. Cassie would come home and wonder where Gwen was, wandering up stairs she would first hear the music gently playing setting the mood. After that she would walk out to the balcony and find Gwen sitting there smiling in her red dress. Gwen squirmed in her seat in anticipation as the thoughts ran through her head for the entire evening, including where dinner would eventually lead, a thought that even made Gwen blush.

5-oclock.png

But as 5 rolled around Cassie didn't arrive home.

pacing-at-7.png

By 7 Gwen had taken to pacing. She'd tried calling Cassie but hadn't gotten a reply and the food had already gotten cold and been reheated twice.

worried-by-8.png

As the clock hit 8 dinner was officially cold and had been reheated so many times that it was long since pointless to actually serve. But dinner was the last thing on Gwen's mind as she continued trying to call the young redhead still to no response. Had something happened? Where was Cassie?

finally-at-9.png

Shortly after 9 though Gwen could breath a sigh of relief as Cassie finally got home a look of exhaustion and fraying nerves on her face.

Cassie started to apologize for not calling, some stuff had come up at work, her boss had placed a massive pile of paperwork on her desk that "Just had to be done by tomorrow." And it had been all around an incredibly long day.

gwen-just-happy-to-see-her-safe.png

"I'm so glad you're okay" Gwen said, not caring about the reasons as she wrapped her arms around Cassie simply glad the young woman was home."

Cassie hugged Gwen back but quickly started to struggle a bit as Gwen's hug got a little to tight.

"Gwen.... Gwen your squeezing to hard.... can't..... breath" Cassie stammered as she tried to get Gwen to ease up a little.

"Sorry" Gwen said loosening her grip. "I was just really worried when you didn't answer.

"Yeah" Cassie replied remembering the same worry she had felt when it had been Gwen who wasn't answering. "Sorry about that, I was so buried in paperwork that I didn't hear it."

As Cassie commented she finally noticed the red dress Gwen was still wearing.

"Gwen? What's with the dress."

dinner-now-cold.png

Gwen's grin spread across her face "Well it's a bit late but I planned a romantic evening for us. I thought it would be nice to just enjoy an special evening together and there is still time, better late than never..... although dinner's kind of gone off at this point. I wanted it hot when you arrived so I kept reheating it and by this point....."

Cassie blushed realizing Gwen had gone to so much trouble only for Cassie to be late and spoil it. "Sorry"

"Oh it's okay" Gwen said brightening. "I can fix something quickly, it won't be quite as fancy but we can still have a nice meal."

grabbed-something-from-the-breakroom.png

Cassie scratched her head in embarrassment the red coloring of her cheeks spreading further across her face "Errr, since I was there late I kind of already ate, I just grabbed something from the break room...."

Gwen was crestfallen, so much for her romantic dinner plan but seeing how sad Cassie looked having spoiled Gwen's plan she quickly put on a smile. "It's alright. We can still enjoy the evening. How about some tv."

Cassie smiled and nodded, she was a bit tired but she certainly didn't want to ruin more of Gwen's evening than she already had.

romantic-tv-and-time-together.png

So the two settled onto the couch and flipped on the tv. Gwen immediately tuned to a romantic show, dinner might be off the menu so to speak didn't mean she was giving up on their romantic evening.

get-out-of-this-dress.png

And part way through the show Gwen quickly excused herself to quickly get changed out of her red dress.

Once Gwen had vanished upstairs Cassie sighed slightly as she leaned back on the couch only half watching the show. The mountain of paperwork had actually been a half truth. She had been assigned a lot of work from her boss today but not drastically more than usual. Honestly she had just been really slow at getting it done because she couldn't stop thinking about Tara's words from that morning. That her reluctance to let herself love again was hurting Gwen.... but looking at it now she felt a little better. Gwen seemed to be doing okay and was even going out of her way to try, even if Cassie still couldn't bring herself to fully return the feelings. She couldn't deny that continuing to try at this was likely futile, but she also didn't want to just leave, Gwen was her best friend and she didn't want to lose her....

Cassie's thoughts were interrupted suddenly as Gwen called down from upstairs "Cassie, can you come help me with something." Cassie sighed pushing the thoughts from her mind as she headed upstairs. Surely Gwen wasn't hurting as much as Tara seemed to think. Things would be okay for now. She also noticed as she entered the hall towards the bedroom that there was music playing, soft gentle music.

not-too-late-for-part-of-plan.png

And as she entered the bedroom she was caught by surprise as she saw Gwen standing by the bed seductively in a fancy set of lingerie.

"Hi there beautiful" Gwen said simply as Cassie stared speechless unable to take her eyes off of the gorgeous woman. "I take it you like what you see"

Cassie struggled to find something to say, but nothing came to mind as she just stared at Gwen.

Gwen slowly walked forward barely holding in the smile as could see that Cassie was speechless, and staring. Staring at her just as she had hoped.

"I know it's late and you've had a long day but I had one more idea for this evening" Gwen said as stopped inches away from Cassie still standing rooted to the spot.

"I love you Cassie"

kiss-but-no-spark.png

And the next thing Cassie knew Gwen was kissing her, but not the normal kisses that Gwen usually gave her. The music, the way Gwen wrapped her arms around her, the softness of her lips, all merging together, urging Cassie to just let things happen. To just let herself melt into Gwen's arms, her kiss, the way she had that first night. But then the memories flashed through her head. The way Sean had held her.... only to later find him kissing JoAnna. The times he'd told her he loved her only to later brush her off as too much trouble to bother putting up with. All those happy times when she'd been so sure that she had found someone she could happily spend the rest of her life with, only to have that shattered as he stabbed her in the back..... and as those thoughts raged through her head she retreated. She zoned out as she had continually been doing..... and Gwen could feel it.

Gwen pushed forward kissing more firmly, embracing more tightly, putting everything she had into the kiss.... but it was too late.

im-sorry.png

Cassie pulled away from Gwen's kiss. Leaving a moment of awkward silence and an ever growing distance between them that Gwen was hopelessly trying to surpass.

"I'm sorry" Cassie said quietly, her voice barely a whisper as tears ran down her face. "I just can't....."

Gwen just stared in silence, her eyes boring into Cassie begging her....

"I think I'm going to sleep in the guest bedroom tonight" Cassie said wanting to just be alone for a bit. "I..... goodnight Gwen."

And with that Cassie retreated down the hall to the guest bedroom, shutting the door behind her.

guest-bedroom.png

Cassie dropped into a sitting position on the edge of the bed. Pain welling up in her chest, the look on Gwen's face still lingering in her mind. That look of devastation as they'd pleaded with Cassie to love her.

"I'm sorry Gwen" Cassie mumbled quietly to herself. "I just can't"

And then a sound reached her ears, a sound she'd never heard before, a sound she'd never expected to hear.

Sobbing.

gwen-sobbing.png

From down the hall in the master bedroom Cassie could hear it, the loud wail as Gwen broke down, sobbed, likely buried her face into the pillow the way Cassie remembered doing that day Sean and JoAnna had betrayed her. Tara was right, Cassie had thought she was helping, but all she'd done is inflict the same pain on the person who had been her best friend in Oasis Springs, that strong, confident, determined woman who had always been there for her.... and who she could now hear sobbing in the next room as the last of her strength and confidence had been ripped away.

And it was Cassie's fault. Tara was right.....

note.png

Cassie stayed there on the edge of the bed, just sitting there as she painfully listened to Gwen crying herself to sleep. The self loathing growing within her with every sob that reached her ears. As the crying finally faded Cassie knew what she had to do. She opened the door to the bedroom quietly, glancing slightly towards the master bedroom to make sure not to disturb Gwen, even from the distance she could still see the dampness on Gwen's cheeks.

Heading down stairs she quickly gathered her things together and wrote out a note which she left on the counter.

She paused briefly on the way out, staring at the easel sitting in the corner, the easel that Gwen had so painstakingly put back together. She ran her fingers down it, she couldn't leave it behind. It would only remind Gwen of her.... would only remind Gwen of someone who wasn't worth remembering. So she quickly collapsed it and stuck it under her arm.

goodbye-gwen.png

And with her stuff in hand Cassie left through the front door, heading quickly down the sidewalk out of the community as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Goodbye Gwen" she whispered to herself not even able to bring herself to look back at the house she was walking away from. I'll never forget you, though I really hope you will forget me.