Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A pattern is a brewing

Everything is starting to come into play. the small world, then we got the outdoor retreat with only four lots. and not we are getting our first EP and again only for lots. Do you think that will be normal now with future EP and GP. I hope not.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I'm not worried. I am enjoying the game. We'll have to see what truly awaits in GTW to make a judgement. If I desire more "room" I can always revert to TS3, which I doubt I will.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    xxjjzombiegirlxxxxjjzombiegirlxx Posts: 49 Member
    I hope not, but who knows. Even with only four lots, I still have fun Outdoor Retreat. I mean, the campsite is enormous. And I know I'll have fun with GTW. But yeah... I dislike the whole four lots thing.

If there are only four lots, how is the retail system going to work? Do we just build a store on our home lot or purchase another lot? So many questions...
  • Options
    bjork_fanbjork_fan Posts: 140 Member
    I think we will have to wait until CAW is out
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    bjork wrote: »
    I think we will have to wait until CAW is out

Don't hold your breath. It could be a very long wait.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    > @Jarsie9 said:
    > bjork wrote: »
    >
    > I think we will have to wait until CAW is out
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't hold your breath. It could be a very long wait.

:(
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Then that means 4 EPs and 4 GPs as well? I'm down with that ...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    rtucker wrote: »
    Everything is starting to come into play. the small world, then we got the outdoor retreat with only four lots. and not we are getting our first EP and again only for lots. Do you think that will be normal now with future EP and GP. I hope not.

I am really and truly curious. How many lots do you play at once?
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

In TS3, as many lots as I had sims.

kim :/

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    The set up suits me perfectly. Since the very beginning of the series I've only played one family. The rest of the sims in the neighborhood were friends and co-workers. In Sims 3 I played a very small custom world because I loved the small cozy neighborhood feel of it. In order to fit all the rabbitholes I used the custom rugs and combined some rabbitholes on a single lot. I absolutely love the small worlds/neighborhoods in the Sims 4. Its tailor made for my play style.
  • Options
    kimjo313 wrote: »

You can't play them all at once. You have to switch households.
  • Options
    Wenni1988Wenni1988 Posts: 113 Member
    so would then alternate which lots you wanted to play at a time? For example play a particular lot and then the next day another?
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »

Me too. I play rotational and according to my database it's 377 households in 38 worlds.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2015
    I play rotational in Sims 2 and Sims 4, and I might try it sometime in Sims 3 (thank you Twallan!).

And more lots are desperately needed in Sims 4.
  • Options
    we go hard or we go home
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    I hope not, but who knows. Even with only four lots, I still have fun Outdoor Retreat. I mean, the campsite is enormous. And I know I'll have fun with GTW. But yeah... I dislike the whole four lots thing.

If there are only four lots, how is the retail system going to work? Do we just build a store on our home lot or purchase another lot? So many questions...

I'm thinking the "commercial" lots we have now can be "converted" via the dropdown to a retail lot. I'm hoping so anyway so I can use the historical recreation I've made and been holding off on until GTW is released. Seems logical to me to add retail to that dropdown, but, then again, we are dealing with EA/Maxis here...
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    The set up suits me perfectly. Since the very beginning of the series I've only played one family. The rest of the sims in the neighborhood were friends and co-workers. In Sims 3 I played a very small custom world because I loved the small cozy neighborhood feel of it. In order to fit all the rabbitholes I used the custom rugs and combined some rabbitholes on a single lot. I absolutely love the small worlds/neighborhoods in the Sims 4. Its tailor made for my play style.

I like it too. Absolutely none of my homes or lots are taken up by townies. They are not in the world because I don't need them to take up space. I have zero premades in my game.

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

Have you ever played TS2, and if so, are you familiar with the "megahood?" It's where all the sims from all the Maxis neighborhoods are all combined into one "world" (one Maxis 'hood as the main, all the others as subneighborhoods). In that case, I play ALL of them.

Pleasantview-
    Goth
    Pleasant
    Burb
    Broke
    Caliente
    Lothario

Veronaville-
    Capp
    Monty
    Summerdream

Strangetown-
    Curious
    Specter
    Beaker
    Smith
    Grunt

I have only mentioned a few of the families from those neighborhoods, I have more that I play. I also haven't even mentioned the neighborhoods that came with other EPs, like Belladonna Cove or Desiderata Valley. They are part of my megahood too, I play them all. It takes me a long time to play them all, but I LOVE it. It's so much fun. I married Dustin Broke to Juliette Capp instead of Angela Pleasant because I figured it was perfect for a Fortune sim like him.

But this is in large part why I'm having trouble enjoying TS4. I'm so incredibly frustrated in the small world, and the small population cap. We used to get huge new neighborhoods and subneighborhoods in TS2 EPs. 4 lots are a disappointment for a player like me.

• Options
    Wenni1988Wenni1988 Posts: 113 Member
    wow I am really limited in my gameplay! I hardly ever play any other lot other than just one! If I get bored with that family then I will create a new sim or family. I need to create a story line and somehow link all the lots together!
  • Options
    When I played sims 2, I did what I always do and make new sims. I have NEVER, not even in sims 1, used premade sims. And no, I have never used mods in any of my games for gameplay.

I have used CC since 2, but I never used mods in 2 or 3 so I don't know anything about a 'mega-hood'. In sims 2, I made my own little world (usually based off of twikki island), and then I set it up with my families that I played and the businesses I wanted on it. I still travelled to bluewater village and whatnot, but my main play was in my town with my sims.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to see more lots as well. I just know I can't play them all at once. (meaning I choose which one I am playing on any given day, or hour)

Sims 4 may some day be like this 'mega-world' you talk of. But for me, I take it slow. I have empty lots right now. In my main game in sims 4 I have 12 empty lots, and 4 empty homes. I have 10 lots that are business/commercial, and the rest are played households. so 16 households played.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm fine with the number of lots at the moment, although I do play rotational, I'm only playing between 3 families. If we get more family play ability I can see it becoming a problem for me eventually, but as it stands at the moment I don't let my sims have large families. I find lack of being able to edit my world more frustrating.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Just wanted to pop in to say we recognize the desire for more lots and Sims. GTW may not address this completely, but we have other plans in the works that should help.

Thank you for popping by :)
  • Options
    Just wanted to pop in to say we recognize the desire for more lots and Sims. GTW may not address this completely, but we have other plans in the works that should help.

Thanks for popping in! Glad to hear it!

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

This is happy news. Thank you. But I'm reserving my happy Snoopy dance for when we get terrain tools. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Thank you, SimGuruDaniel. I sure do appreciate you guys listening, means a lot.