Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content and Crashing

SISrox77SISrox77 Posts: 6 New Member
edited February 2015 in Mac - Technical Discussions
I tried bringing my PC CC over to my Mac and have had problems getting the game to work with it. I've tried in and out of subfolders, no script mods, and anything else I can think of. I get error messages with new object meshes, crashing on startup with clothing, and can get through about 10 minutes of creating a Sim with anything else before it shuts itself down. Anyone find a fix, or is this just one of those things we're gonna have to wait on?

Edit: Not all of my CC was transferred over from PC. Some of it I downloaded directly from TSR.
Post edited by SISrox77 on

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Regarding the script mods, @SimGuruModSquad said they may have discovered some code that needs fixing in order to get script mods to work properly; no timetable for when it'll be fixed but at least they're aware of the issue. Not sure about the CC issue; you might want to add it gradually to see which pieces are causing the problem and which ones are okay.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Ok. I might just have to go without, because I've tried adding it little by little to see what crashes it right away, but even with just some custom eyes put in it still crashes eventually in the middle of making a Sim. Oh well! I'll look forward for the update, then.
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Updates:
    • Script mod crashing will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    • If Custom Content out of subdirectories is not working, it is possibly because you copied over the contents of the "Mods" folder from the PC. If you did, delete the file "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg" and the game will regenerate it in proper Mac format on next launch. One caveat: if you have *manually* edited this file then you will probably want to manually fix it (by changing backslashes in directory paths to forward slashes).
    • If you have identified specific CC that is crashing the Mac version of the game, links to the CC on Mod the Sims would be appreciated so we can see why that is happening.
  • Options
    Thank you. I've gotten some of my CAS stuff working, but objects and lots of clothing/accessories seem to be causing some issues. I'll check Mod the Sims as well.
  • Options
    Figured I'd post my error message from my object files, just in case it would help.

"Unable to start:

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game."

It then lists a code that (I think) changes each message. The message only appears when I try to put in object meshes.
  • Options
    Hannah707Hannah707 Posts: 20 New Member
    I am having the same error message that pops up. Everytime i try to add an object from TSR, it doesn't want to run. Sometimes it does, but it just crashes. However, hair and clothing are working just fine for me. Hopefully this gets figures out soon :/

Code: [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]
  • Options
    miriamdelgado93miriamdelgado93 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Why I can not install homes in The Sims 4?
    I copied and pasted the files of a download (bpi, trayitem, blueprint) in Tray folder and not appear in the gallery of the game. WHYYYY??? :(
  • Options
    skeletoncath20skeletoncath20 Posts: 13 New Member
    I can't install anything from the gallery, and some of my CC has been glitchy :/
  • Options
    miriamdelgado93miriamdelgado93 Posts: 4 New Member
    85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Why I can not install homes in The Sims 4?
    I copied and pasted the files of a download (bpi, trayitem, blueprint) in Tray folder and not appear in the gallery of the game. WHYYYY??? :(

Some of the lots may have CC in them (Outdoor Life and the Holiday Pack seem to register as CC for some reason). I had the same problem and had to enable seeing lots with CC and they showed up just fine.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    HaliSheyxHaliSheyx Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded some cc and instaured them in the Mods Folder of ``The Sims 4`` as usual, but whenever I open the game it stays on the sims 4 logo page, whyyyy ??! :(
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It could be that some CC is not compatible with version of the game you are playing. Try removing all of your CC first. Start the game up and see if it runs. If it does you have a bad piece of CC. Don't despair. Simply add back the CC a few pieces at a time. I color code mine when I have to do this so I know which is the latest batch I've added. That way you can eliminate the bad CC and keep what works.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.