Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pros & Cons of The Sims 3

BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
What do you think are the pros and cons of The Sims 3? Include expansions/stuff packs as you like.

tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
thank you thread

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Pros ... Your Sim can do whatever it wants to and make a living doing it.
    Cons ... They eventually die and turn into ghosts instead of going somewhere better.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Pros: Open world, SP, CASt, fleshed out, great graphics.
    Cons: Robotic sims.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited February 2015
    Pros: open world, CASt, story progression, nice graphics, collectables, jobs don't require X number of friends, cars, Fishing, and gardening are in the base game; you can adjust the sims lifespan, there's interactive careers, it's a sandbox and you can play how you want to. There's also a lot of fun challenges to keep you busy.

Cons: The game becomes laggy with all of the EPs/SPs installed, Island Paradise EP had a world that was pretty much unplayable.
    Post edited by GBA91101Nver4get on
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Pros: Open world, CASt, sandbox gaming - you can play any way you want and aren't forced to play a certain way, can advance in careers without a ton of friends, so much to list. LOL

Cons: The sims themselves are as fleshed out as Sims 2 sims.

I've never suffered any kind of lag from EPs or SPs so I can't list that as a con.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2015
    Pros: I can make my walls match my carpet in ANY color.
    Not being as low-poly as TS2.
    Not being as annoyingly saturated as TS4.
    Twinbrook's a dang cool world.

Cons: Made my GPA tank a few years ago.
    Isla Paradiso's routing is as ugly as that world is beautiful. How cruel.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Pros: Open world, create a style, toddlers, create a world, sandbox, teenagers that look like teenagers
    Cons: Lag, robotic sims, bad story progression, can't run the game without mods
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited February 2015
    It's early and I stayed up too late last night so my brain is foggy and my list will not be complete but here we go....

Pros:

Open World
    --Ability to edit lots without loading screens
    --Ability to have one Sim at one lot and another Sim at another lot without having loading screens
    Ability to have multi-level structures (garage on ground level, house on foundation)
    Basements
    Supernaturals (I love my supernaturals)
    Create-a-style
    Ability to edit the world
    Create-a-World
    Content!
    Toddlers
    Ability to distinguish between the various life stages
    Different species (aliens, supernaturals, etc)
    Worlds
    Ability to truly play the game MY WAY
    Sims that come to life (mine have never been robotic)
    Mods! They are so fully fleshed out now that you can truly make the game your own
    CC! Same as above.

Cons:

-Needs mods to run properly due to sloppy and half-baked coding (Sims 4 also has this issue).
    -Hmmm....can't do rotational game play unless you install a mod and create castes to protect your families from the EA broken story progression. It likes to make everybody cheat and divorce after they've had an accident that resulted in a baby.
    -Creating Sims can take a really long time if you have a bunch of CC and content.
    -Broken store content that was never fixed and will never be fixed since it was abandoned (and that makes me very hesitant to purchase anything for Sims 4).

I've never had empty lots (even without mods) and I only have lag if I have pets installed so I don't list those as cons because I don't experience them.

I'll probably think of more later but that's it.....
  • Options
    anamafraanamafra Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Pros: I think the game offers a lot of opportunities and things to do with your sims, you can make them the way you want them to be.
    Cons: Some features don't always work and can be laggy; the game has a lot of bugs.

Edit: I only said one of each, but... yeah.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pros:
    Open world
    CASt
    Sims that allow you to lead their lifes the way you want to
    Sims that look fairly realistic
    The beautiful graphics
    EP's with tons of story ideas
    In short: freedom freedom freedom and creativity creativity creativity

Cons:
    Bugs
    CAS is too limited, it's very hard to create a variety of sims
    The fact it often causes me going to bed way too late for my good
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    > @LokiSimsies said:

> -Broken store content that was never fixed and will never be fixed since it was abandoned (and that makes me very hesitant to purchase anything for Sims 4).
    >

that is like my major reason for not getting sims 4 right now!!! i saved everything from the sims store on a flash drive. because as of right now i can't even log in there to access any of my store items!
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    > @LokiSimsies said:

> -Broken store content that was never fixed and will never be fixed since it was abandoned (and that makes me very hesitant to purchase anything for Sims 4).
    >

that is like my major reason for not getting sims 4 right now!!! i saved everything from the sims store on a flash drive. because as of right now i can't even log in there to access any of my store items!

Great idea!
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Pro- Open world, CASt, nice sized worlds vs TS4, the worlds are gorgeous too (mostly), nice art style, all life stages we've grown to know and love/good family gameplay

con- rabbitholes, too many bugs/glitches, interactions took a step backwards from TS2.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I knew I would think of another pro and I thought of it last night while playing Sims 3. My vampire couple were having "fun time" when one of their little vampire children decided to come in and stare at them for a few minutes before checking under the bed for monsters. Then the other two decided to do the same thing. I found it all a bit unsettling that the children were standing there while mommy and daddy were giggling under the covers.

So another pro....

Door looks!

I locked their bedroom door and selected "specify Sims" so only they could open it.

No more child intrusion to check under the bed for monsters.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have another pro: actual cars that can be driven. Game doesn't look like "My Sims".
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    Two sides of the same coin:

Pros: Complexity of game play. So many interacting choices and opportunities. Amazing graphics.

Cons: Bugs and glitches caused by the above Pros. The need for mods to resolve these issues.
  • Options
    Larium1Larium1 Posts: 71 Member
    Pros: Just one loading screen :D, amazing worlds, great customization, freedom, sandbox game.
    Cons: Glitchy worlds such as Isla Paradiso, bad coding. A lot of store content that should had been included in expansion packs. Greedy EA ¬¬