Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Bilmonaghan, yup, traditional bloodline, even stricter (or more stict? i don't know grammars) rule as only those who is born inside marriage is allowed to. It's just he's been flirting with some of his brother's childhood friends so yeah, gotta do what best for my sims (and when I say some, it's really some of them). (or maybe he's just bored because the game didn't spawn any female teenagers, I wish you can just call a babysitter just like in TS3).
    But still arranged married is allowed however!

and thank you!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    AkramA wrote: »
    I posted a new episode! I tried some new things.
    Gen 2, Episode 10: I need to tell you part 1

Great update! Ah...Theo will be fine. His brother loves and supports him, so that's all that really matters. The rest of the family will come around. And, me being me, I voted for a female heir! Can't wait to see who wins you picked.
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    @aroseinbloom Thank you! I've thought about using family echo and now I know it's a good option. :D

Also, thanks for reading!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @aroseinbloom, Thank you! well Theo will be spoiler! I hate making two part-ers, every time I wanted to comment, a spoiler come up hehe.

I didn't pick for the heir, they pick if they wanted to be an heir or not by finishing aspiration, hehehe! (just don't pick big happy family aspiration)

I'm really glad to see that many votes are already in. All I can say is that it's pretty close (I'm like a host of american idol or xfactor or whatever talent show's result you used to watch, only "I" know the votes, hehe.)
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    WILLOW CREEK MUSIC AND ART FESTIVAL | DAY 1

DAY 1 | PART 1 | TRINITY BATTLES THE ROBINSONSchatting-sims-4-5-960x380.jpgAfter not being invited to perform at the Festival SimNation rapper Trinity confronts the Robinsons.
    READ MORE...

DAY 1 | PART 2 | THE ARRIVALSneighborhood-sims-4-960x380.jpgEmma Bennet, Cathy Tea, Brynna O'Malley and Giancarlo Sheridan meet the Robinsons.
    READ MORE...
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @aroseinbloom I just want to thank you for mentioning familyecho. It's a nice tool that I've now used to create my own basic family tree for my story :)
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    A new chapter of The Washington Legacy is available here.
    I love weddings and this one was fantastic!
    Love the humor, photos, format and location.
    Just awesome!

From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »

@Rivie, oh yeah! I know most stories these days are Legacies and stuff that follows only one family because Sims 3 forced that type of play for 5 years. I never did get over rotational play, so I had to go back as soon as Sims 4 came out (the whole reason I wanted the game even!!). It was a little challenging in the beginning with introducing characters at the right pace, while also developing the main plot. ;) I'm really glad you like it though!

I wanted to be writing a new chapter today, though maybe I can still manage if I'm quick. The only problem with rotational gameplay is that you have to play a pregnancy through the whole way, or miss out on the whole experience :( That means I cannot play other households until the birth, and I may need to go through and set up screenshots that needed to happen in the meanwhile, etc. Very challenging!! So yes, I have to get a baby birthed before I can do my next chapter because I need a few pictures from a different household!!

But I'll try to get the pictures I need today and get my next chapter up!

I'm amazed by how all of you manage to control more than one household in one save. Maybe it's because I'm new to the Sims in general or maybe because I want to control everything, I'll have to get used to it I think. I know time doesn't really pass if I just leave them, since no story progression, but the days still pass lol, I have three different saves right now. But you all do such a great job.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    @aroseinbloom I just want to thank you for mentioning familyecho. It's a nice tool that I've now used to create my own basic family tree for my story :)

You're so very welcome! I'm glad people are able to use it and enjoy it!
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    @robinsonfam Thanks! I just read the beginning of your festival. Trinity Battle is hilarious, especially when paired with a ghost! :D Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Rivie wrote: »

@Rivie, oh yeah! I know most stories these days are Legacies and stuff that follows only one family because Sims 3 forced that type of play for 5 years. I never did get over rotational play, so I had to go back as soon as Sims 4 came out (the whole reason I wanted the game even!!). It was a little challenging in the beginning with introducing characters at the right pace, while also developing the main plot. ;) I'm really glad you like it though!

I wanted to be writing a new chapter today, though maybe I can still manage if I'm quick. The only problem with rotational gameplay is that you have to play a pregnancy through the whole way, or miss out on the whole experience :( That means I cannot play other households until the birth, and I may need to go through and set up screenshots that needed to happen in the meanwhile, etc. Very challenging!! So yes, I have to get a baby birthed before I can do my next chapter because I need a few pictures from a different household!!

I'm amazed by how all of you manage to control more than one household in one save. Maybe it's because I'm new to the Sims in general or maybe because I want to control everything, I'll have to get used to it I think. I know time doesn't really pass if I just leave them, since no story progression, but the days still pass lol, I have three different saves right now. But you all do such a great job.

Just so you know time does pass while you aren't controlling other households. There isn't story progression but they will still age and go around town doing stuff.

The only way to prevent that is to disable unplayed household aging in the options
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member

Just so you know time does pass while you aren't controlling other households. There isn't story progression but they will still age and go around town doing stuff.

The only way to prevent that is to disable unplayed household aging in the options

There's opportunities in the game options to turn off aging for houses you're not playing and Townies (not in words sims) too.

Even with aging off, I am pretty sure, pregnancies will still go to term while they're not being played, so you may wanna watch that. (I don't think there's any harm in it; I think the baby will be fine when you get back around to them.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    @robinsonfam, I love what you've done with Giancarlo...I mean, GNC LOL. I laughed out loud for real when Trinity said he was probably looking for married Sims. :#
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    @robinsonfam, I love what you've done with Giancarlo...I mean, GNC LOL. I laughed out loud for real when Trinity said he was probably looking for married Sims. :#

Good thing he's not married to Bianca in your game. She'd come over there and "handle" Trinity LOL.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options

There's opportunities in the game options to turn off aging for houses you're not playing and Townies (not in words sims) too.

Even with aging off, I am pretty sure, pregnancies will still go to term while they're not being played, so you may wanna watch that. (I don't think there's any harm in it; I think the baby will be fine when you get back around to them.

Yeah, I know time does pass, I know they do things that's the main reason why I have different saves. But people say since there is no story progression it's as if it doesn't really pass. I also don't play with aging on yet, I'm still figuring things out.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member

Yes, time progresses while you're away--which is why I play with aging off and have to stay with the family throughout the pregnancy so I don't miss anything. I do make a new save each day during the pregnancy though--just in case I need an extra few screenshots that were not possible during the actual pregnancy.

So for example, I can load a save of Day 2, then switch to another sim's household if I needed to have some pictures of the pregnant mom at other locations--say, to create the illusion of a longer pregnancy. I haven't needed to do this, but it's a technique I have set up in case I do feel the need to use it. Sometimes I end up needing to change something on the fly, because the game sometimes does things that you want to "keep" even if it was unplanned... then you need to work it into the story somehow and it could mean taking shots from an older saved game.

I think about work uniform continuity as well--so I always end up making a new save file every sim day, no matter what house I play.

Anyways, with aging off, I just don't think too much about the time I'm not able to control my sims, because I wont age them until I've played them and all their friends the right amount of time. Sometimes they meet a new townie if they show up on a lot I go to with other sims that I play, but it's rarely a problem (except when a main character had an unapproved affair--that really angered me! lol) Those are the types of things you might sometimes need to adjust your story on the fly for though. ;)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options

Yes, time progresses while you're away--which is why I play with aging off and have to stay with the family throughout the pregnancy so I don't miss anything. I do make a new save each day during the pregnancy though--just in case I need an extra few screenshots that were not possible during the actual pregnancy.

So for example, I can load a save of Day 2, then switch to another sim's household if I needed to have some pictures of the pregnant mom at other locations--say, to create the illusion of a longer pregnancy. I haven't needed to do this, but it's a technique I have set up in case I do feel the need to use it. Sometimes I end up needing to change something on the fly, because the game sometimes does things that you want to "keep" even if it was unplanned... then you need to work it into the story somehow and it could mean taking shots from an older saved game.

I think about work uniform continuity as well--so I always end up making a new save file every sim day, no matter what house I play.

Anyways, with aging off, I just don't think too much about the time I'm not able to control my sims, because I wont age them until I've played them and all their friends the right amount of time. Sometimes they meet a new townie if they show up on a lot I go to with other sims that I play, but it's rarely a problem (except when a main character had an unapproved affair--that really angered me! lol) Those are the types of things you might sometimes need to adjust your story on the fly for though. ;)

That is a great idea, another save of the same gameplay. I don't play with aging on yet, so I could try that but so far, I haven't needed to play more than one household.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure if we are allowed to have multiple stories in this topic but I started a new one so here's the info anyway. If it's only one per person then let me know and I will delete this post.

Story Title: Dancing Shadow
    Author Name: Celiria
    Story URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801902/dancing-shadow/p1
    Brief Description: A story based around a single question, what happens when a reaper, doesn't want to be a reaper?
    Story Avatar: dancing-shadow-avatar.png

@Celiria, is the other story still active? Or has it been concluded? Additional stories by the same author can be listed, but I'd prefer to display your currently active one first, and any concluded or on hold stories can be marked as such. (Some readers want to read a completed story in a few sittings rather than follow it as it's been published.)

Both are active. If you want the more active one first my Life and Times story is going to continue to be updated as close to daily as I can manage while the new one is one I'm going to work on as I get a chance to play it between my first story and schoolwork.

@Celiria, I'm catching up on updating the shared stories list. So, I will put your new story in the order it was shared, since you are updating the earlier one more frequently. Right now I'm listing the stories as they were submitted, or as close to it as possible, so that placement is fair. I figured for multiple stories by the same author, I'd give the author the option of using their first spot to promote a newer story. That way if anyone feels their newer work is better, they might want to present their preferred project first (at least, I think I would, so this is why I asked.)

OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    After your story has been added to the list of Shared Stories below, you are invited to use this thread for networking. Networking in this context would mean getting to know other storytellers in the group by asking questions, commenting on their posts or their stories, and more.

Oops! I skipped etiquette and just jumped into the middle of the conversation. So, to give a proper beginning, here's a submission of my info so I can be added to the list of storytellers:

Story Title: CathyTea's Sims 4 Blog
    Author Name: CathyTea
    Story URL: http://cathytea.wordpress.com
    Brief Description: This Sims 4 blog presents a collection of stories, including a legacy and various other challenges.
    Story Avatar: cedar2.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Jufanzaly wrote: »
    Story Title: The Waite Legacy
    Author Name: Jufanzaly
    Story URL: Table of Contents | Discussion Thread
    Brief Description: Just a legacy chronicle, nothing too fancy, some comedy thrown in. ;) Maybe a hint of drama. MAYBE. Not really.
    Story Avatar: z1V6RG.jpg

This is a really great idea. I'm excited to possibly be a part of this group. Thanks for doing this! I love reading and writing stories, and playing the sims, and being a part of this community. :)

@Jufanzaly, your story has been added to the front page now! I hope the links are all good, I selected the Table of Contents link for your story because that's always going to be helpful for the readers B) So, welcome to the Storyteller Group. Please feel free to share ideas, post about updates to your story, ask people how they do something, etc.

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    @aroseinbloom, Thank you! well Theo will be spoiler! I hate making two part-ers, every time I wanted to comment, a spoiler come up hehe.

I didn't pick for the heir, they pick if they wanted to be an heir or not by finishing aspiration, hehehe! (just don't pick big happy family aspiration)

I'm really glad to see that many votes are already in. All I can say is that it's pretty close (I'm like a host of american idol or xfactor or whatever talent show's result you used to watch, only "I" know the votes, hehe.)

I love votes and interactive features like that. That's why I had to vote!! I also have one on my story too, for who's your favourite character. I just love to see how people generally feel about my characters (but I didn't include kids because they're so cute they'd take all the votes!!)

I play Dynasties rather than Legacies, but they're somewhat similar. Anyways, I pick heirs based on gender and order of birth. If it's a Matriarchy, then the first born female will be the heiress unless she somehow makes herself ineligible (say, moving in with her sweetheart instead of staying in the family estate! lol) or dies :'( Then the next female in line will be the heiress, unless there is none, then the eldest son can be the heir, but the family is in trouble because a spare from an earlier generation may have a stronger claim, if there is an eligible female heir in that line! It makes it more complicated in later generations, when there can be challenges to the family estate. Plus there are strict marriage rules between Dynasties, as no heir of a Patriarchal Dynasty could marry an heiress of a Matriarchal Dynasty--this can cause romantic tension or devastate entire bloodlines, making them no more special than common townies >:)

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    @enkeli63
    It's the fun of the vote. And I think the kids factor is the reason for some of the twins vote.

Your dynasties is very complicated. Just like a real old royal dynasties, well except maybe without the war and killing people for the throne part. But I bet it's fun. I love complicated rules it makes me think outside of the box.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    After your story has been added to the list of Shared Stories below, you are invited to use this thread for networking. Networking in this context would mean getting to know other storytellers in the group by asking questions, commenting on their posts or their stories, and more.

Oops! I skipped etiquette and just jumped into the middle of the conversation. So, to give a proper beginning, here's a submission of my info so I can be added to the list of storytellers:

Story Title: CathyTea's Sims 4 Blog
    Author Name: CathyTea
    Story URL: http://cathytea.wordpress.com
    Brief Description: This Sims 4 blog presents a collection of stories, including a legacy and various other challenges.
    Story Avatar: cedar2.png

@CathyTea, I've got you added now. I accidentally messed up the link at first, but I'm pretty sure it's working proper now. It sort of feels silly to welcome you to the group! lol But I am happy to officially add you to the list B) Keep up the good work on your story and your blog!

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @enkeli63 - Yay! I'm no longer a party crasher! Thank you! (And the link works great, thanks for asking!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @enkeli63
    It's the fun of the vote. And I think the kids factor is the reason for some of the twins vote.

Your dynasties is very complicated. Just like a real old royal dynasties, well except maybe without the war and killing people for the throne part. But I bet it's fun. I love complicated rules it makes me think outside of the box.

@AkramA, yeah, no killing for the throne... unless of course, it's the Marchand Dynasty, as I suspect the evil may flow strong in that blood!! I did love the Legacy challenge a lot but I thought there was something missing for the spares, and I played a Kingdom Legacy challenge with Sims Medieval (which did involve killing parents so kids could age, how sad!!), but I also liked the idea of building up many families to high status, so I combined those challenges and some inspiration from real world monarchies... Although my Dynasties don't necessarily rule, and they have duties they do on behalf of townies, so it's nicer than real world monarchies :)

OriginID Starwing6