Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lone Immortal Challenge

nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
11/2/2014 Update

I'm abandoning this challenge as it is a convoluted mess. I'm currently working on a new challenge that is the same essence as the Lone Immortal. If you're still curious of the challenge, scroll down to find the "Charlie" ruleset. Stay tuned for the new challenge. :wink:
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
Post edited by nastyjman on

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited October 2014
    Doctor Who, The Lonely God? I feel like that's been misquoted.
    But the idea does sound fun. When you say immortal, is aging for controlled household off, or is the point to use aspiration perks and other things to drastically increase your life span?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    But the idea does sound fun. When you say immortal, is aging for controlled household off, or is the point to use aspiration perks and other things to drastically increase your life span?

Aging for household is off.

I dabbled with potion of youth as the primary means of longevity, but I felt that it detracted from the roleplaying aspect of the challenge--if you're an immortal, you don't need a drink of youth.

It can be implemented on this ruleset. If you opt for Potion of Youth, then your final score is multiplied.

I changed my mind. We're doing aging for all sims.

Flippity-floppity. Rules have changed yet again.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Funny you posted this. I was just thinking about doing a variation on the Legacy where the founder had to live until Gen 10 was born. Normal life span, aging on. Sim could age to Adult, but not elder. Longevity maintained via cow plant or Youth Potion.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    Funny you posted this. I was just thinking about doing a variation on the Legacy where the founder had to live until Gen 10 was born. Normal life span, aging on. Sim could age to Adult, but not elder. Longevity maintained via cow plant or Youth Potion.

I'm doing that exact thing. Currently on gen 4 and my founder is still kickin.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • Options
    Datkid wrote: »

I had troubles deciding on how to end the challenge. The 24 deceased friends was the only thing I can think of. Legacies are marked with generations whereas this challenge is marked with loss.
  • Options
    I've made some changes to the rules. Also, I've made it easier for me to maintain the challenge by linking a google doc for it.
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Awesome. :D I love the 'lone and immortal' playstyle. :D
  • Options
    Awesome. :D I love the 'lone and immortal' playstyle. :D

Thanks Esnes! If you have any suggestions or ideas, let me know.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

The Doctor has been referred to as that Lonely God several times. ^_^
    Offhand, I can only remember the Face of Bo episode with the cat nuns, and the episode with the Minotaur in the hotel, but I think there were other times he was referred to that way as well.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »

I had troubles deciding on how to end the challenge. The 24 deceased friends was the only thing I can think of. Legacies are marked with generations whereas this challenge is marked with loss.

It definitely sounds interesting though. It's going to be lonely once everyone starts dying off.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »

It definitely sounds interesting though. It's going to be lonely once everyone starts dying off.

currently working on one right now, and the first set of friends and lovers are growing gray. :(

• Options
    edited October 2014
    First lover for my immortal is Summer Holiday... Also, the rules are edited again.

rkSMnX5.jpg

IvpeQkn.jpg

vO0UC07.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    o06CuVp.jpg

And after a couple of days... it happened. She drinks a lot of "juice" whenever she visits. It's strange. It's only her that does it, and no one else does. It could be her outgoing trait. Above is my son, and Summer Holiday is his mother too.

URkhrIB.jpg

I'm going to sleep it off even though I'm never weary.
  • Options
    I just remembered back in Sims 3, you get a call from a friendly sim that's about to die of old age. It's unfortunate that it's not present in Sims 4. At least give my sim a call that a friend had passed.
  • Options
    Updated the rules. I added a memorial room requirement and added career points. Only four careers with a specific branch are eligible to get points once you reach max level, and they are Mixologist, Musician, Space Ranger and Double Diamond Agent.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Your avatar is either piece of cauliflower or a very happy bird poop
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Your avatar is either piece of cauliflower or a very happy bird poop

Google "don hertzfeldt everybody dance" ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I changed the rules to this challenge. After finishing the first challenge, I found out that having aging off was boring. I now have reestablished the aging on to all sims. Lifespan remains as short. Essence of Life and Potion of Youth are the allowed consumables to prolong your sim's life.

The link above is still the same, but here it is anyway: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-MpyEFdbPB62s2Ey7xi6H0Aeqkxhqeb22B_rggmWlfU/edit?usp=sharing

For my second playtest, below is Nin Kasi, the goddess of alcohol.

QjZa1h3.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone currently trying/testing this challenge out? I wanted to know how it's going with you guys and gals.

Right now, I'm trying to get the Mixologist career, but it seems that sims are dying faster than I expected. Also the fact that I switched from aging off to aging on. Having aging on makes it seem more of a challenge, but it is more stressful as you're always mining for those aspiration points. I'm flip-flopping, but I think aging off was not a bad idea after all.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The rules have changed!!!

Yet again...

This time, it's more easier and non-invasive as the last two versions (alpha and beta). This ruleset is called "Charlie". Below is the copy/paste. It's more simple than the previous rules.

GAMEPLAY RULES
    - Only one sim allowed.
    - Only one Played Sim for one save file
    - Go to Options and then Gameplay. Choose the settings below:
    - Sim Lifespan: Short.
    - Auto-age Played Sim: No.
    - Auto-age Unplayed Sim: Checked.

CREATE-AN-IMMORTAL
    - You must choose a negative trait for your sim. The remaining two traits can be anything that’s available.
    - Qualified Negative Trait:
    - Hates Children
    - Mean
    - Evil
    - Insane
    - Hot-Headed
    - Gloomy
    - Lazy

DISQUALIFIED IF YOU...
    - Control more than one sim.
    - If your female sim gives birth, you must move the baby out immediately to a lover, friend or lineage. To do this, go to Manage World, click your lot and choose Manage Household. After clicking Manage Household, click “Transfer Sims Between Households” and click the “Unplayed” tab. Search for the parent under the towns or no households.
    - You are permitted to move that baby and the parent to a furnished house, provided they can afford it. Once you move them in, you must mark the family as “Unplayed Household”.
    - Use cheats. CAS.fulleditmode is permitted only for customizing appearance. No customizing traits!
    - Complete Friend of the World Aspiration.
    - Kill NPC sims (locking them inside a wall or exhausting them to death).
    - Fail to incorporate and install career rewards in your household.

CHALLENGE ENDS IF...
    - You have become a Celebrity Mixologist (Culinary), Musician (Entertainment), Double Diamond Agent (Secret Agent) and Space Ranger (Astronaut).
    - Your sim dies.

SCORING
    +50 Base Points
    +40 for reaching Celebrity Mixologist under Culinary career
    +30 for reaching Musician under Entertainer career
    +20 for reaching Double Diamond Agent under Secret Agent career
    +10 for reaching Space Ranger under Astronaut career
    +2 for each Tombstone or Urn in your lot.
    +1 for each son/daughter in your relationship tab. Must sort by all.
    -2 for each deceased sim in your relationship tab. Must sort by all.