Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Game Failed to Load" Error Code: 102:28097716126180323314:45683325726532834848"

Comments

• Options
    NefjeNefje Posts: 249 Member
    I think I found the solution for error code 102. I don’t have error code 102 with my savegames so I would like to ask if someone wants to send his or hers so that I can test the solution. Just leave me a personal message with your email address or leave your address at our contact form (sorry, it’s Dutch): http://www.pinguintech.nl/contact/
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2014
    Error 102 doesnt' seem to be save game related so I'm curious what you think it is. Care to share ?

EA is looking into the matter. I've been in contact with them about 102/122 errors
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    I was having this error code issue also after deleting a sim from a household last week. Fortunately, I had used "save as" to make another copy of my game before I had gone into manage households. I had to delete the new save and go back to the old one as the new one was corrupted. At the time, I couldn't find any information whatsoever about it. While I'm not happy that others are having the problem now, it is nice to see that it is being discussed and hopefully addressed.
  • Options
    Did you have 102 or 122 ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    Actually, I have had both. I had the one from deleting the sim from a household; and then I had the other one later when trying to enter build mode from the map screen on an occupied lot. I still get the second error code when I try to do that, but I have been accessing build mode after playing on the lot first instead. The last error has occurred since the patch. I didn't write down the codes, though, so I don't know which is which.
  • Options
    KomodiaJKomodiaJ Posts: 13 New Member
    Same thing is happening to me. The game was running just fine for me until the last update.
  • Options
    It's weird how error 102 seems to happen to some before even starting a game and for others related to something they did. I hope EA finds the cause and can fix it.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    It's happening in my game too
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    @crinrict

A user sent me her savegames.

I put the savegames in my game and when I try to load her households, I get error code 102 (I’m not getting error code 102 with my own savegames). There seems to be a problem with Sims aging up in her game.

I followed these steps: http://www.pinguintech.nl/english/sims4/sims-4-game-failed-load-error-code-102/

After completing these steps I can load all households. I sent the savegames to another team member of our site and he got the same results.

So I guess this isn’t the problem for everyone with error code 102, but maybe it can help some people with the same problem.
  • Options
    psyonicpsyonic Posts: 8 New Member
    Wow thank you.
    It's astonishing to me how you've accomplished more than ea on the matter.
    The steps do not apply to me because I only play with aging turned off, but still wow.
    Shame on ea and hats off to you.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That is so weird. I've actually sent someone who does have 102 on loading any game my save game that doesn't have 102 and they had 102 on it so there might be multiple causes to it.

There were also people that say they solved 102 by removing the beloved trait as well so maybe 102 is just some generic error code that has many causes.

I'll glady forward your solution to some people that have 102 to see if it works for any of them.

@Nefje
    Post edited by crinrict on
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Thanks for sharing. ;) And yes, it's very strange.

Foutcode102-2.jpg

Foutcode102-3.jpg
    Every savegame had the same problem. In one savegame there's a group standing in front of her house and they're all aging up.

BTW: none of her Sims have the beloved trait.

@ psyonic
    Thanks. :) Too bad that it doesn't solve your problem, but I hope that it works for other people with error code 102.
  • Options
    It seems that there are now three causes identified: Beloved trait, Aging, Deleted Sims.

Wonder what's with those that have it on new save games ...
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ZenerosZeneros Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Nefje
    Well at least someone is trying. EA should follow your example.
  • Options
    mooxcow10mooxcow10 Posts: 13 New Member
    I tried those steps, but I still can't get into live mode. No matter what. I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since the patch came out and nothing. The only response I have gotten from anyone from EA is when I write angry messages on The Sims facebook page. And then everyone tries to tell me to uninstall and reinstall the game...blah blah blah. Everyone wants me to do the same things that don't work. I am beyond frusterated with this game right now.
  • Options
    GynaeFieroGynaeFiero Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks Nefje for your help, however it didn't work for my game either :'( . In the mean time I will continue to build houses :D
  • Options
    I was almost able to make it work. There is a configuration file the sets the default settings for graphic cards that are supported. I added one from my error laptops and it worked. I was able to play again, enter live mode and played for an hour without the error. But once I closed it and launch the game again, I got the error again. Darn! Well I least I was able to enjoy it for an hour. :s
  • Options
    Interesting. What kind of card do you have ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @crinrict I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 770M on the 2 laptops with the error.
  • Options
    KomodiaJKomodiaJ Posts: 13 New Member
    Is EA going to fix this anytime soon? Its frustrating that I can't play and I was able to play when I first bought the game. Are they going to allow for refunds if they aren't able to fix this?
  • Options
    bxbettebxbette Posts: 1 New Member
    I got the game on the 20th and it immediately gave me the error after every family I made. I can build houses on lots without families, can make as many families as I wish, but no playing.

Someone on another site said that at the start-screen, if you start a new family with the (+) button (next to the load saved game button at the top right corner), it sometimes works. It worked for me one time, the first time I did it and that's all the playing I've done since I bought this game. When I exited the game and wanted to continue the next day, it gave me the 102 error again. Making a new family again didn't work. I would still tell you all to give it a try though, since I at least got two hours of playing out of it.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope EA are going to fix this, because this is just no fun.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am also experiencing this problem with failing to load to play the family with my laptop computer but I am able to build (well, sort of! :D ).

I ended up loading the Sims4 on my desktop computer - and guess what? - it works fine there!

I went back to the laptop and tried changing the settings to laptop and Sims3 camera style but still the loading error. :(

I have made a Sim Family of four (about 2 hours to create), which I saved to the library and would love to place the family in my game on my desktop. Which files do I copy and paste - from the Tray folder or saves?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :)
  • Options
    this is why I keep saying it might have to do with laptops or mobile gpu's. On my 2 laptops it won't work, but on my desktop it runs perfect with out any error.
  • Options
    suzzupickelsuzzupickel Posts: 18 Member
    Every day I come home from work and pop on here to see if any thing has changed...VERY disappointed. Oh the other things I could have done with $70.
  • Options
    Incarnia88Incarnia88 Posts: 2 New Member
    Also suffering from this problem now... Been trying everything I can find that might fix the problem to no avail.