Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

really sick of this :|

sick of people calling those who like the game
"kiss a'sses'

hmm
maybe, just maybe,
these people know there is missing content and that the game has changed, but..*gasp*
they like it anyway! omg imagine that! so crazy right guys?

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    They're upset because if you're not with them, you're against them. It's the Roman Empire all over again. Better watch out!
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DarthMittenzzDarthMittenzz Posts: 279 Member
    EA can kiss mine
    -- Darthmittenzz has spoken
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ya, insane. Someone better lock you up. lol
    Same goes the other way as well.

(Not targetted at the OP, but at mankind itself)
    NEWS FLASH: Other people's opinions matter just as much as your own, if they have a differing opinion they are not unintelligent, evil or even brainwashed, just different.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    jesse40jesse40 Posts: 381 Member

NEWS FLASH: Other people's opinions matter just as much as your own, if they have a differing opinion they are not unintelligent, evil or even brainwashed, just different.

exactly! :D
  • Options

Don't be silly. Opinions only matter when they agree with your own. Everybody knows that. If you don't agree, you're just being a plum.
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    They're upset because if you're not with them, you're against them. It's the Roman Empire all over again. Better watch out!

Some of them are, and that's sad. But some of them, me included, are genuinely upset with the direction the series has taken and are just expressing their opinions. It has gotten rather nasty and out of hand, though. Comically so. Where the hell are the mods?
  • Options
    BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member

It seems that way...for BOTH sides. Some who like sims 4 call those who criticize it "Haters" and some who hate the game call those who think all is right in the world of sims 4 "Kiss bottoms"

Just play your game.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    constance wrote: »

Some of them are, and that's sad. But some of them, me included, are genuinely upset with the direction the series has taken and are just expressing their opinions. It has gotten rather nasty and out of hand, though. Comically so. Where the hell are the mods?

That's the thing. I really hated ts3. I still do. It was for the same reason. I hated that direction. For that reason, I left the ts3 people alone and rarely posted in their forums unless I had a question or an answer that had something to do with actual gameplay during the rare occasions I played it. I respected that they liked their game. I didn't flood their forum or attempt to ruin it for them. I stuck with ts2 and other games I played and enjoyed, and I stuck to the respective forums.

I don't mind the people that express why they're going back, but don't expect us all to agree with you. We're here because we want to be here. We don't really care that others don't feel the same. It's human nature. Not everyone is going to agree and people need to realize it and be able to deal with it.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member

I wish to "like" this particular comment a lot.
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member

Don't be silly. Opinions only matter when they agree with your own. Everybody knows that. If you don't agree, you're just being a plum.

THEM'S FIGHTIN WERDS! ENGARDE!
    Banners.jpg
  • Options

THEM'S FIGHTIN WERDS! ENGARDE!

*takes a few minutes to scroll through the mean interactions to find the appropriate response*
  • Options

That's the thing. I really hated ts3. I still do. It was for the same reason. I hated that direction. For that reason, I left the ts3 people alone and rarely posted in their forums unless I had a question or an answer that had something to do with actual gameplay during the rare occasions I played it. I respected that they liked their game. I didn't flood their forum or attempt to ruin it for them. I stuck with ts2 and other games I played and enjoyed, and I stuck to the respective forums.

I don't mind the people that express why they're going back, but don't expect us all to agree with you. We're here because we want to be here. We don't really care that others don't feel the same. It's human nature. Not everyone is going to agree and people need to realize it and be able to deal with it.

Well, I think one also has to take into consideration that it's simply the nature of the internet for you to come across a few trolls and just generally nasty people who portray the guise of being passionately for or against something, but it's a lot easier to hide behind the anonymity of a computer screen and use it to just be a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to people. Suffice to say that yes, there are people who aren't going to like the game. I don't like it. And I should be able to say so as well as people who agree with me. Just like you should be able to like it and people be able to agree with you. I've stated that I don't like the game and I've listed true, justifiable reasons. I don't think shouting "this game is 🐸🐸🐸🐸, anyone who likes it is a kiss 🐸🐸🐸🐸" encourages meaningful conversation, nor does it incite anyone to agree. In most case, it does well to just ignore those people, but as I've stated, it has gotten a little out of hand.
  • Options

Well, I think one also has to take into consideration that it's simply the nature of the internet for you to come across a few trolls and just generally nasty people who portray the guise of being passionately for or against something, but it's a lot easier to hide behind the anonymity of a computer screen and use it to just be a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to people. Suffice to say that yes, there are people who aren't going to like the game. I don't like it. And I should be able to say so as well as people who agree with me. Just like you should be able to like it and people be able to agree with you. I've stated that I don't like the game and I've listed true, justifiable reasons. I don't think shouting "this game is 🐸🐸🐸🐸, anyone who likes it is a kiss 🐸🐸🐸🐸" encourages meaningful conversation, nor does it incite anyone to agree. In most case, it does well to just ignore those people, but as I've stated, it has gotten a little out of hand.

Exactly. Anonymity offers far less consequences. I also feel that people feel they can be more passionate about their opinions because they know they're not alone. Sometimes, they just express it in a way that isn't welcome and in places where it isn't welcome. That's where the fight starts.

I get that you don't enjoy the game and I'm fine with that. I have no idea how you expressed it initially or what response you received. So I can't say much.

One thing that personally annoys me is when there are several complaints about the same thing flooding a forum where I'd rather read something else. A little search to see if someone already posted your concerns and adding to it is fine. But twenty posts about 'why I hate the game,' and they all basically say the same thing ruins the atmosphere.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    On the other side, there are those who call the people who like TS3 better delusional and/or accuse them of not having played TS4 long enough.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's okay- :cookie:

I've been called names for not liking the game. Don't take it to heart, you're not a plum something or other either. :D
  • Options

Exactly. Anonymity offers far less consequences. I also feel that people feel they can be more passionate about their opinions because they know they're not alone. Sometimes, they just express it in a way that isn't welcome and in places where it isn't welcome. That's where the fight starts.

I get that you don't enjoy the game and I'm fine with that. I have no idea how you expressed it initially or what response you received. So I can't say much.

One thing that personally annoys me is when there are several complaints about the same thing flooding a forum where I'd rather read something else. A little search to see if someone already posted your concerns and adding to it is fine. But twenty posts about 'why I hate the game,' and they all basically say the same thing ruins the atmosphere.

I completely agree. In a thread titled "How Do You Feel About the Sims 4" or some other feedback-like thread, people should be able to be honest about what they do or do not like about the game. However, in a thread titled something like, "Your Favorite Thing about Sims 4" which implicates that it's more to encourage discussion among people who DO like the game, for me to go in there talking crap about it would be really effed up and immature and it's not helpful, nor does it encourage constructive conversation or debate. In other words, in a thread like that, if I were to go in guns blazin' talking about how much I hate the game, its like..."yea but constance, nobody asked you" :D Conversely, someone who likes the game shouldn't go into a Feedback-like thread and then get defensive and retaliatory towards those who are honest about not liking something about the game or the game at all.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

I completely agree. In a thread titled "How Do You Feel About the Sims 4" or some other feedback-like thread, people should be able to be honest about what they do or do not like about the game. However, in a thread titled something like, "Your Favorite Thing about Sims 4" which implicates that it's more to encourage discussion among people who DO like the game, for me to go in there talking crap about it would be really effed up and immature and it's not helpful, nor does it encourage constructive conversation or debate. In other words, in a thread like that, if I were to go in guns blazin' talking about how much I hate the game, its like..."yea but constance, nobody asked you" :D Conversely, someone who likes the game shouldn't go into a Feedback-like thread and then get defensive and retaliatory towards those who are honest about not liking something about the game or the game at all.

I have always been polite and stated that despite not enjoying the game I love that others are enjoying it and I've tried to like it-I keep forcing myself to play it in the hope things get better bad sadly not yet. It's all a spectrum-I don't hate everything about sims4-there are awesome parts to it, I just feel a few things need to be worked on before my love for this title appears, and that's exactly what I've always said. No name calling here. I've had people ask me why I come here if I'm not 100% into the sims4. It's because I truly love the sims series and I can't live with myself if I don't at least try to be heard by the people who work on sims-because I know I am one of lots who are disappointed and if they don't know why people are feeling that way then they will lose people like me and the sort of sims fan I am (who buys every sims game they release) so after that comment the guru said about no 5 if 4 doesn't do well I resolved to make sure they knew exactly what is alienating to some loyal fans about this game.
    But it doesn't matter how reasonable and rational you are on this forum neither side or somewhere in the middle-there's always someone who tries to stir trouble and create drama. I've talked to other people who I know from the previous forum who feel they no longer wish to spend any time here because of the toxic atmosphere that has been going on. And that is really very sad. We are all fans, that's why we are here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I have always been polite and stated that despite not enjoying the game I love that others are enjoying it and I've tried to like it-I keep forcing myself to play it in the hope things get better bad sadly not yet. It's all a spectrum-I don't hate everything about sims4-there are awesome parts to it, I just feel a few things need to be worked on before my love for this title appears, and that's exactly what I've always said. No name calling here. I've had people ask me why I come here if I'm not 100% into the sims4. It's because I truly love the sims series and I can't live with myself if I don't at least try to be heard by the people who work on sims-because I know I am one of lots who are disappointed and if they don't know why people are feeling that way then they will lose people like me and the sort of sims fan I am (who buys every sims game they release) so after that comment the guru said about no 5 if 4 doesn't do well I resolved to make sure they knew exactly what is alienating to some loyal fans about this game.
    But it doesn't matter how reasonable and rational you are on this forum neither side or somewhere in the middle-there's always someone who tries to stir trouble and create drama. I've talked to other people who I know from the previous forum who feel they no longer wish to spend any time here because of the toxic atmosphere that has been going on. And that is really very sad. We are all fans, that's why we are here.

I've never understood why people feel the need to force themselves to like something they clearly don't. You shouldn't feel pressured to do it. There would be no 4 if 3 didn't do well, etc. Not sure if that's what you're worried about and why you're allowing yourself to be pressured?

I wouldn't do it. Lots of fans of 2 hated 3 and didn't play it (I'm one--I didn't want to see the series die, but I'm not going to play something I don't enjoy playing). Yet there were several people that loved 3. Now we have 4. If you choose not to play, it doesn't necessarily mean the series is ruined.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    giphy.gif?w=320
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I think individuality is fine... so long as we all do it together. lol
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member

I've never understood why people feel the need to force themselves to like something they clearly don't. You shouldn't feel pressured to do it. There would be no 4 if 3 didn't do well, etc. Not sure if that's what you're worried about and why you're allowing yourself to be pressured?

I wouldn't do it. Lots of fans of 2 hated 3 and didn't play it (I'm one--I didn't want to see the series die, but I'm not going to play something I don't enjoy playing). Yet there were several people that loved 3. Now we have 4. If you choose not to play, it doesn't necessarily mean the series is ruined.

It could be the price tag, too.... EA's 24-hour return policy is great and all, but I wasn't able to explore the game enough to meet that deadline. However, after a few days playing around with 4, I would have loved to return it. Since I couldn't, I still play it now and again to see if I will eventually like it enough to hold my interest. $60 is a lot of money to just kiss off.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2014
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's okay- :cookie:

I've been called names for not liking the game. Don't take it to heart, you're not a plum something or other either. :D

@Rflong7.

Let me check *checking the list of the new names*

We have been called haters, whiners, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, mobs, nickpickers, troll so far :).
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I agree with what everyone is saying nobody is a kiss or plum anything. Everyone is entitled to a opinion here and thats the way it should be. I feel people who are attacked on forums have there own issues to deal with overall. it has nothing to do with the persons or person being attacked. it is best just to lay low and share opinions and ideas like everyone else no need for people to fight on forums or elsewhere about the game. just be glad we have something and be done with it. It will get better as time goes on.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I agree with what everyone is saying nobody is a kiss or plum anything. Everyone is entitled to a opinion here and thats the way it should be. I feel people who are attacked on forums have there own issues to deal with overall. it has nothing to do with the persons or person being attacked. it is best just to lay low and share opinions and ideas like everyone else no need for people to fight on forums or elsewhere about the game. just be glad we have something and be done with it. It will get better as time goes on.

Problem is that there are some people who tell others where to shove it when they don't like their opinions. They just don't get that it's THEIR PERSONAL opinion. And furthermore, to make matters worse, some even think that if you share your opinion then you are being mean to the OP. No one should be attacked for expressing themselves as long as its respectful of everyone else......and its usually the ones that feel attacked that put out very strong opinions in the first place because of getting bullied and maybe in very very few occasions saying something that they MIGHT think is okay but gets a negative reaction anyway. And if its the second, then the others who read it get offended when that wasn't their meaning in the first place and then the fight breaks out because of that. Its a vicious cycle that doesn't need to be there.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's those who say "I'm okay with everyone having their own opinion" when they really mean "as long as it agrees with my opinion" that are the most irritating. Some people like the game. Some people do not. Some people like chocolate. Some people like vanilla. That's good because if everyone liked the same thing, there wouldn't be enough of something to go around and there wouldn't be any motivation to create new things, either.

I just wish we could all get along without people being rude.

Oh look, Post 5000! B)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.