Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with BFFs

I'm on the last leg of my popular aspiration and it says I have to have 5 bffs. Problem is even when I max out friendship meters there is no option to change to the relationship to bff. Has anyone figured out how to make best friends?

Comments

• Options
    ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    That's the easy part Travel to the parks, Bar's, Nightclub's, Gym or even go outside your house.

Anytime you see a Sim walking by click on them then "Friendly Interduction" I have BFF's now
    Origin ID: EsmeGraham
  • Options
    mwadmanmwadman Posts: 104 Member
    You have to click on whoever you want to be best friends with and choose the "make best friend" option under the friendly tab. It may be one of the available options when you click the sim anyway.
  • Options
    popo500popo500 Posts: 63 Member
    Yeah I'm following what you say but I don't see the BFF option anywhere, I've only been able to do BFF one time and that was with the first person I met, for some reason not getting it for anyone else, is there some sort of compatibility requirement?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    popo500 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm following what you say but I don't see the BFF option anywhere, I've only been able to do BFF one time and that was with the first person I met, for some reason not getting it for anyone else, is there some sort of compatibility requirement?

Maybe you can only have one??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I am actually not sure if you can only have one BFF or not. That is a good question. I have only done it with one sim thus far. I'm sorry for the confusion or inaccurate info.
  • Options
    That would be odd if you could only have one since one of the goals for popularity is to have 5 bffs....does that mean I have to kill off or make my bff my enemy and make someone else my bff?
  • Options
    I would hope not!
  • Options
    i must be popular.....I do anything necessary to make it happen lol
  • Options
    SorugueSorugue Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually its not just the OP I am facing the exact same problem and came here for a possible solution. My sim is on the Soul mate Aspiration and I have to become BFFs with my Wife, I have done the BFF with Bella Goth but am not presented the option with my sims wife Nina Claiante or anyone else with high enough friendship no matter the emotional state, I am starting to think its a glitch.
  • Options
    bobpizzerbobpizzer Posts: 2 New Member
    The only solution I've found is to be mean to your best friend until you become disliked and they will no longer be your best friend.
  • Options
    What I basically did was create a new single person household and rush to bbf, the delete the household and repeat the process, seems like the only real way to do it without the massive social fallout.
  • Options
    bobpizzerbobpizzer Posts: 2 New Member
    I just rounded up everyone i was mean to and lit a house on fire after deleting the doors.
  • Options
    > @bobpizzer said:
    > I just rounded up everyone i was mean to and lit a house on fire after deleting the doors.
    Cruel but I respect your resolve.....I would do the same if I wasn't able to do my little cheat exploit
  • Options
    ErCabreroErCabrero Posts: 4 New Member
    Sad programers set the goal of 5 BFF and thy only let you have one at a time..... FAIL
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    ErCabrero wrote: »
    Sad programers set the goal of 5 BFF and thy only let you have one at a time..... FAIL

I tested as well, and yeah, you can only have one BFF at a time :(.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,432 Member
    mwadman wrote: »
    You have to click on whoever you want to be best friends with and choose the "make best friend" option under the friendly tab. It may be one of the available options when you click the sim anyway.

Wow I didn't know that. I haven't seen it under friendly. I assume they have to be friends first.

• Options
    ErCabrero wrote: »

I tested as well, and yeah, you can only have one BFF at a time :(.

All I can say is to mention this in Crin's bug thread as EA may not read this post. Her thread will get their attention and maybe get it patched.

• Options
    CrocketsCrockets Posts: 127 Member
    Indeed, either let us have more then 1 BFF at a time or change that to something else like have 20 friends or something.
    This is just a very bad idea. It could work under mischievous aspiration but you shouldn't have to make enemies to get a super friendly aspiration.
  • Options
    Grant says their working on it. I mentioned it to him in his thread at the top of the page.

catloverplayer wrote: »
    Grant another issue. There is some kind of challenge that wants you to complete have 5 best friends forever but you can only have 1. Any chance this could get fixed?

Grant
    Sigh. This one is just shameful. We've got it bugged and are working on it. You can always change your aspiration so you can work on a different one in the mean time.

• Options
    Link182xLink182x Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    i have 2 BFF's but i don't know how i did it... and then i tried like crazy to get more, but was not able to do it, now i know is a bug i hope they'll fix it soon

EDIT: btw @popo500 how did you make that trick happened? i created a 1 household person and tried to make her best friend with my character and i couldn't there is a time? or i have to wait some days to that happen?
    Post edited by Link182x on
  • Options
    lsndericklsnderick Posts: 14 New Member
    Just encountered the same issue :(( I hope they will fix it soon
  • Options
    > @Link182x said:
    > i have 2 BFF's but i don't know how i did it... and then i tried like crazy to get more, but was not able to do it, now i know is a bug i hope they'll fix it soon
    >
    > EDIT: btw popo500 how did you make that trick happened? i created a 1 household person and tried to make her best friend with my character and i couldn't there is a time? or i have to wait some days to that happen?

basically You have to somehow unfriend kill or delete the bff you already have, that was painful....but I got over it. You then create a new random household with one character and place it anywhere on the map, visit said household, make bff then delete......just keep repeating that. I eventually just started picking random people...the ones I didn't particularly like....and after bffing them I made them laugh to death, yes there are weaponized jokes.

You can also use the cheat
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    press ctrl+shift+c and type that in and the milestone will complete.
  • Options
    RedKVRedKV Posts: 1 New Member
    It seems like you guys have been successful at making 1 BFF at the least but for some reason i can't even get 1. I maxed out the friendship bar and became best friends. I even made sure the conversation is pleasant and they are both very happy but no BFF option. Like i said i don't even have 1 BFF so i don't know why i'm failing to make a BFF. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    RagnarokJRagnarokJ Posts: 63 Member
    Yeah on my first sim i had the bff option, but later on my child sim i needed to make a bff as part of the requirements for passing my social butterfly aspiration and im not getting the option off either my sim child's mother or another adult sim friend he has. Lovely if they patched this.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    mwadman wrote: »

Is how my kid made her first BFF. After finally becoming very good friends and increasing the friendship meter I was finally able to have "make best friend' option to display as choices when clicking on her good friend.
    OJGRGDT.gif