Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2014
    paneinger wrote: »
    Screenshot-289_zps8f46f803.jpg

Squeeee! I can post pictures now! Picture and link for my entry to BNS 149 =]

myndikins.tumblr.com/post/95790000048/bns-149

*jaw drops to the floor*

You should change to advanced-now-before they judge!! hehe

Intermediate challenge is sure heating up!!

• Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    Haha, thanks iampes23!! I'm not sure if I'm ready for advanced though. I've only had one entry that I thought was good enough to be advanced and this wan't it lol
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION #149 ADVANCED ENTRANTS

Your results are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    WIEEHOEE!! First advanced win! Thank you for the sweet feedback Faith. And oh noes! Did I leave something unCast'ed? shame on me. :D I will have to pay better attention on that. Thanks!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    ATTENTION BEGINNER ENTRANTS FOR BNS 149 FLYING THE NEST:

Results can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/279926/build-n-share-winners-circle-find-out-results-and-discuss-the-entries-here/p39
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #150 Returning Home

NAME: folala

LINK TO LOT: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/library/The Lookout

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8429267

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20. Built in Lucky Palms but I put the lot down in world editor . $43,688

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: basement double garage, living areas on the ground level floor and a study upstairs. I tried to leave a good bit of space in the living area for parties & guests moving around as he has the separate study/office upstairs for work.
    I'm not sure whats up with Photobucket but I've put the pictures in order 3 times and they keep jumbling up so I'm hoping they stayed in order this time - if not, sorry for the annoying randomness.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,020 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #150 Returning Home

NAME: masajo

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8428545

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Returning Home
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Returning Home

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: no

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, 8 Castaway Cove, Sunlit Tides, 44,786 simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Modern 3 storey house, open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC

Picture1_zps93f552ab.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hoping to take part in this one but I have a visitor for a week coming on Monday so I have no idea if I will have time!
    I was wondering if any of you have time to do me a favour...?

I need a build done for one of my LP's on YouTube I have tried to build this certain family a house three time now and I am just getting issues with it routing and it is too big and it looks crap.
    so I thought I would ask you guys to help me I have posted the requirements here on the forums but I cant post links yet but that is it without the http part.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/780640/build-me-a-house-please?new=1

Just think of it as an extra challenge for you and you have plenty of time to do it! I would prefer to have it by the 15th but if you need more time and I haven't found one I like by then I won't mind.

Thank you so much if check it out for me! All of you are so talented so I know I will be happy with whatever any of you come up with!
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

• Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Challenge No. 150 Returning Home

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8432084

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build%20and%20Share%20150
    (Password: Computer) Note is case sensitive

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 X 20, 100 Redwood Pkwy, Sunset Valley, Final Cost: 45,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this challenge I wanted to do something different than I have been doing. I wanted to go in a more modern direction for Blake Hall. I made this a split level to incorporate the garage more efficiently into the layout on this smaller lot, because having it attached was one of the requirements, but I didn't want it to overpower the rest of the house. As previously stated this was going to a 'modern' house so the living, dining, and kitchen are open plan. The study is in top of the tower and although it is not officially closed off by a door or anything it works as a space where Blake can spread out and just leave his things laying around for a while without guests having to look at a mess when they come over. The bedroom and bathroom are both big and almost suite like because they are the only ones and I figured that Blake deserved a couple of places to unwind at the end of the day. For the colors on and in this house I wanted to use orange without overusing it even though it wasn't one of the requirements because I thought Blake would like to see his favorite color in/on his house. I tried to temper it with sage greens and gray so it wouldn't consume the design. In the end I wanted this to be a place where Blake could spend a lot of time, host some college friends and then chill out when everyone went home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

Finally a member Yea, :D, I posted links now, fingers crossed that it works
    Guess not, whatever I do it won't hyperlink sorry :\
    Post edited by mederouin on
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited September 2014
    hmmm posted my house and it disappeared when I hit post comment

and it disappeared again....
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Returning Home #150

NAME: gmcrozier

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8432528

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/Returning home

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, unknown (self placed), Riverview. $44,995

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: After a lot of attempts at doing a multiple story home and blowing the budget everytime, I decided to do a traditional single level ranch style home. The living room, kitchen and dining area share a single area of the home. With splashes of orange in the main living areas and a bedroom that lets his love of orange explode. The garage features 2 parking areas, an assortment of tools and a treadmill to help him stay in shape. the bathroom is split with an area for guests to use and area that is private for Blake to use to shower or bath. There is an entrance to the bathroom from the hallway, as well as an entrance from Blake's bedroom. Blakes bedroom explodes with the color orange and has a desk for him to work from home as well as seperate door leading to the patio. The patio can be accessed from the garage or Blake's bedroom and features a sitting area and eating area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None, EA items only

002_zps25719419.jpg
  • Options
    Intermediate Results FOR #149 Flying the nest are up!
    Check them here!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Returning Home BnS 150

NAME: ArikaB

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8433932

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127156722@N07/sets/72157647418158872/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:Yes, included in media

Blake excelled at University, graduating with honors in Technology. He is now happily working his way up the Video Game Developer track, with an emphasis in game artwork. He is a Libra who loves the color orange, geek rock, and fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. After maxing out his nerd influence and graduating college, all of his traits include: computer whiz, handy, friendly, vehicle enthusiast, genius, bookworm, and lucky. Thanks to the Multi-tab he got from his parents before going off to college, Blake has managed to max out several skills, such as logic, handiness, charisma, cooking, and several others. He's going to be quite the catch, if his cute neighbor, Laura, can get his attention away from the video games long enough to make an impression. ;)

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, 55 Hidden Grove Lane, Riverview, $45,000 even

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This clean, contemporary home features open floor plan with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, a laundry room, an office that could be converted to a small guest room (making it a 2 bedroom, and thus a higher resale value), and a 2-car garage. There are a lot of warm wood tones in a subtle orange hue as a nod to the client's favorite color. The bedroom is the only room that orange is really an obvious feature. There are little geeky touches throughout the house, so this professional gamer feels at home. The large garage currently houses a rusty old car for him to fix up. It also has an art space and plenty of storage.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none

Screenshot-3_zps79573953.jpg
    Post edited by ArikaB on
  • Options
    Waiting for the next challenge...
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Haha, little more patience @iampes23 :) We will get the new challenge up within 24h
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, little more patience @iampes23 :) We will get the new challenge up within 24h
    Yeah, I had the right date but really the wrong day. :( So I am redoing the last challenge.
  • Options
    Okay Everyone! Challenge #150 is now closed!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Challenge #151! Curtis. Douglas Curtis… The Third.

It was the sound of unending barking that drew you back to the surface, away from the depths of the design you were working on for an architectural magazine. As the creative fog lifts from your brain, you realize you recognize the sound of that bark. Its Rose’s little dog. Weird. Usually the dog is very quiet and never barks at people. With a sigh you get up to go see why the barking hasnt been stopped yet.

Stepping to the doorway, you see a tableau that makes you pause.

Rose is sitting at her desk, looking like she’s struggling to maintain her “meet the client” friendly composure. Leaning against her desk, flashing a charming smile, is a man you vaguely recognize from a magazine cover. Rose’s little dog has deserted her usual post to back into a corner where she can see everything and bark at this new human male. “Rose?” You inquire uncertainly, concerned.

The look on Rose’s face as she looks over at you is one of blissful relief. You however, only hear the honking of a horn and the screech of tires that comes with being thrown under the bus. “Wonderful timing! Mr. Curtis here was just telling me what kind of house he wants!”

‘Curtis…Curtis…Oh no…’ You think, realizing who he is.

Douglas Curtis the Third, famous adventurer, explorer and vaguely associated with Archeology. His tall, khaki wearing and very broad shouldered presence graced more than a few of the magazines you’ve seen. Many a young lady has sighed over his chiseled good looks, thick sun bleached blonde hair and deeply tanned skin. His charming and schmoozy personality has enjoyed a lot of TV coverage and there seemed to be no end to the self propagandizing articles about his exploits.

Forcing a smile on your face, and responding to the demands of friendship, you hold out your hand. “Mr Curtis. Its nice to meet you. Why dont we go back into my office and talk about what you’re looking for?”

With a wink and a charming smile, he tilts his head in Rose’s direction. “Think I already have.” Fortunately his eyes are on you so he misses the roll of eyes that Rose gives. “Anyway, what I’ve got in mind is actually a number of challenges for the right architect. Starting off with a new home. I’m moving to Sunset Valley and I want a home worthy of being my home base. I’ve been all over the world so I dont have any real style preferences, just something that will showcase my artifacts, finds and trophies. Money isnt really a problem. But something…penthouse like. Perhaps 2 bedrooms, including the master suite. Oh yes, I’d really like a hot tub or sauna. Those nights on the ground lead to alot of kinks in the back. I throw alot of parties s othe place has t obe impressive…Great kitchen, formal dining, office, living room…if theres a balcony it needs to be set up for entertaining…”

“Sounds rather detailed Mr. Curtis. Does it need to be an apartment?” You ask, jotting notes down on the pad of paper Rose handed you.

“I hadnt really decided but you know what? The more I think about it the more I like the idea. Yes. I’d like it to be a penthouse.”

“Okay. What about budget?”

“Would 150K be too modest?” He tosses a wink at Rose.

“I think we can put something together in a couple weeks for you.” You say, trying to draw his attention back to you.

He straightens up and shakes your hand, “Great. I’m headed to Al Simhara tomorrow anyway. Cant wait to see it when its done.” He hands a card to Rose, “But if you want to get that drink I’ll put off my trip for you…” Gives another blindingly white smile, before he lets you show him out.

Returning to Rose’s desk, you pick up the card and study it. Then turn and offer it to the approaching dog. The little animal sniffs it, lets out a short growl, then snatches it and runs out the door. You both go to the window and watch as the little dog digs a hole and buries it, leaving you both helpless with laughter.

Requirements:
    • Penthouse
    • Hot tub/sauna
    • 2 bedrooms
    • full master suite
    • balcony
    • formal kitchen and dining
    • Ready to entertain
    • 150k budget

Deadline: Wednesday September 24th, Midnight CMT
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Just want to double check ,as its a penthouse, we dont have to use the LN skyscrapers do we? We can just build our own apartments like any other house, yes?
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2014
    Is the 150k limited to just the penthouse suite or does it have to be used for the entire lot? I'm asking because I was hoping to build an apartment building and (lightly) decorate the some parts of it with like a lobby/common area, hallways, elevators, etc. Can I use the 150k to decorate his apartment alone? And "not count" the rest of it since technically it won't be his property?

Nevermind. Answered my own question :D
    Also, thank you for the win on my last entry!! I'm so excited!!
    Post edited by paneinger on
  • Options
    @Folala No you don't have to have Late Night or Roaring Heights. Just make something that gives the feeling of a penthouse :)

• Options
    Thanks @Lebanna. I thought as much but better to be sure!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS FOR #150 Returning Home

Results can be viewed here.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS FOR #150 RETURNING HOME

Your results can now be found here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member