Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    GAgirl007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why I do not have permission to have a signature? I would like to put my origin name in my sig but I can't and I am a member.
    If you've only just become a member, you may need to wait some hours before it lets you edit your signature.
    I have been a member for at least a week now. I was a member before the signature setting was available. I have tried logging out and back in and nothing seems to work.

I'm starting to think there might be a certain post count or something to hit in order to be granted the ability to have a signature.
    I wish there were clear guidelines.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I haven't noticed any real issues with being able to post, however, I did try to report that awful troll from earlier today that was posting the vulgar messages and I got a message saying I wasn't allowed to do that. Huh? I've been a fairly active member of the community for years. I don't get it.
  • Options
    fede1408uyfede1408uy Posts: 141 Member
    I cant set my signature either...and im a member now :S
    tumblr_m83xdxb9Ee1qza4gto1_500_zps5fc3dacb.gif
  • Options
    FireTurtleDreeFireTurtleDree Posts: 217 Member
    RoorenSama wrote: »
    Does anyone know why I do not have permission to have a signature? I would like to put my origin name in my sig but I can't and I am a member.
    If you've only just become a member, you may need to wait some hours before it lets you edit your signature.
    I have been a member for at least a week now. I was a member before the signature setting was available. I have tried logging out and back in and nothing seems to work.

I'm starting to think there might be a certain post count or something to hit in order to be granted the ability to have a signature.
    I guess I gave you false information that I didn't have any reliable sources on. Sorry about that.
    tumblr_nckjliRXNC1snt5qfo2_r1_400.gif
  • Options

I guess I gave you false information that I didn't have any reliable sources on. Sorry about that.

No, that's alright. I appreciate the response anyway! ' v '
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Is it true that you have to have 1,000 posts to be able to attach a siggy? Someone said that earlier.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Atomicus wrote: »
    Is it true that you have to have 1,000 posts to be able to attach a siggy? Someone said that earlier.

I saw that too... I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't doubt it because of the troll problem. ; o ;
    I know there are quite a few trolls on here that abuse signatures, but it wouldn't be so much of a problem if the mods actually did something about it.
    It takes them forever to ban trolls, but they're quick to close down threads. ; - ;
    Instead of making signatures nigh on impossible to get, they should take control of the reigns and actually moderate.
    A signature is a pretty basic functionality for a forum, so it's crazy to have to jump through hoops to get one!

Edit: ...N i g h is censored for some reason.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sorry, I have no information on the signatures, defiantly not a member thing as some member from 2009 still can't have them
    The 1000 post thing is interesting and would be quite interesting if someone has experienced it :)
  • Options
    kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure how many likes or lol's it takes but it can't be many as even I have a signature.
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    I have siggys disabled at the moment anyway. It's a shame that I have to miss out on informative/Sim-related ones because of the trend amongst some people of having inappropriate/unnecessarily large obnoxious ones.
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2014

Unless that became a new rule (which I don't doubt considering things seem to change with the wind on here) I would have to disagree. I have a grand total of 88 posts but I have a working signature. It would really cause a lot of problems with members if this is the case. There are TONS who would rather come and read instead of actually write responses and this would mean they'd have to be actively posting in order to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. That's very unfair for lurkers.

Don't be discouraged! This whole thing is a gigantic learning experience for us all. You have to run through the wrong answers before you stumble upon the right conclusions :)
    Edit: ...N i g h is censored for some reason.

Lol maybe because of the first three letters? /shrug. Then I suppose that would mean "night" would be censored too...so maybe not. But this is the same censorship that believes: J A P A N and F U Z Z Y are bad words (unless that's since been fixed).
    Atomicus wrote: »
    I have siggys disabled at the moment anyway. It's a shame that I have to miss out on informative/Sim-related ones because of the trend amongst some people of having inappropriate/unnecessarily large obnoxious ones.

And as I see them, I try and get people to minimize the sizes of their images. As was the basics of the Sims 3 forum, signatures should stay within 600-700 pixels in width and 100-300 pixels in height. It's plain just courteous for all.
  • Options
    salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just to bring the list up to date:

Displaying a working, IMAGE signature does NOT depend on:
    1. Join date
    2. Number of posts
    3. Number of Likes, LOLs, Disagrees, Spams, Abuses (though you need 50 points to become a "Member" and need to be a "Member" to post any type of signature.)
    4. Point amount
    5. Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome)
    6. Image host (Imgur, Flickr, photobucket, etc)
    7. Image file type (.jpg, .png, .gif, etc..)
    8. Image size
    9. Length of image URL
    10. Number of boxes unchecked in Signature setting options
    11. The ability to have just a plain text signature.
    12. The ability to post a/the picture in a COMMENT.

Displaying a working, image signature DOES appear to depend on whether or not the following message is displayed on your Edit Signature page: "You can use BBCode in your post." Although, according to @AM35502, "A lot of people commenting on [another] thread had the BBCode message [but] no picture" Meaning, the appearance of the BBCode message may just be coincidental. However, I have not seen said thread and would be interested to hear from someone who, personally, has the BBCode message but STILL cannot post an IMAGE signature.

Now, what does the visibility of THAT message depend on? There is current speculation that it may depend on if you "flagged someone for abuse/spam or hit disagree" (according to @Daijahv, "if you click the spam/abuse flag OR disagree button you get a posting penalty"). I have never personally come across this issue, even when flagging or disagreeing.

It should also be noted that some "Members" cannot post ANY signature (text or image) and receive the message: "You don't have permission to use a signature." I haven't investigated into this.

--
    Edit: consolidated info
    Post edited by salivacocktail on
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Options
    CRH698CRH698 Posts: 67 Member
    LOL I need likes to start making post.
    I don't have the permissions yet.
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Here, have a like, It's a lot like the Elder Scrolls Online forums, as in nearly identical.

Yes I play ESO, DON'T YOU JUDGE ME! ....lol jk

Thank you for the wealth of information.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    Sepheria28Sepheria28 Posts: 84 Member

Displaying a working, image signature DOES appear to depend on whether or not the following message is displayed on your Edit Signature page: "You can use BBCode in your post." Although, according to @AM35502, "A lot of people commenting on [another] thread had the BBCode message [but] no picture" Meaning, the appearance of the BBCode message may just be coincidental. However, I have not seen said thread and would be interested to hear from someone who, personally, has the BBCode message but STILL cannot post an IMAGE signature.

Now, what does the visibility of THAT message depend on? There is current speculation that it may depend on if you "flagged someone for abuse/spam or hit disagree" (according to @Daijahv, "if you click the spam/abuse flag OR disagree button you get a posting penalty"). I have never personally come across this issue, even when flagging or disagreeing.

@salivacocktail, Hi I have the BBCode message (no idea what it means tho) & still CAN'T post an image signature! might try to find that thread.
    Also I have never used the flagged/abuse/disagree button, so doubt that's what's affecting it (if I read that right?).

If someone could work it out - they would be my hero!! :smile:
    Still no sig pic for me :'(
  • Options
    youmnaboufaryoumnaboufar Posts: 127 Member
    @06Bon06
    i'm new here and i've just been promoted to a Member but i've a problem,i can't post pictures and links!please help me.
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    Sepheria28 wrote: »
    @salivacocktail, Hi I have the BBCode message (no idea what it means tho) & still CAN'T post an image signature! might try to find that thread.
    Also I have never used the flagged/abuse/disagree button, so doubt that's what's affecting it (if I read that right?).

If someone could work it out - they would be my hero!! :smile:

Just want to clear this up, flagging someone only TEMPORARILY (lasts 5 minutes tops) prevents you from posting a message. It has nothing to do with signatures or images whatsoever. If you disagree or flag abuse/spam a post and then try and post directly afterwards you will get a message saying "Your comment is awaiting moderation and will post in 24hrs."

And as with many things on the forums, just because it's not happening to you does not mean others are not experiencing it. I've tested this and found it true and after asking a few others (and seeing @Bigxfan answer yes to my questions) I deduced the flag system to be the cause.

But please, make no mistake, this is separate of the signature issue. This was just a bug (or working as intended) that would prevent users from responding negatively to someone via flags and then commenting.
  • Options
    @youmnaboufar

Have tried after you posted that, I think permission might take a while sometimes :)
  • Options
    Just to bring the list up to date:

Displaying a working, IMAGE signature does NOT depend on:
    1. Join date
    2. Number of posts
    3. Number of Likes, LOLs, Disagrees, Spams, Abuses (though you need 50 points to become a "Member" and need to be a "Member" to post any type of signature.)
    4. Point amount
    5. Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome)
    6. Image host (Imgur, Flickr, photobucket, etc)
    7. Image file type (.jpg, .png, .gif, etc..)
    8. Image size
    9. Length of image URL
    10. Number of boxes unchecked in Signature setting options
    11. The ability to have just a plain text signature.
    12. The ability to post a/the picture in a COMMENT.

It should also be noted that some "Members" cannot post ANY signature (text or image) and receive the message: "You don't have permission to use a signature." I haven't investigated into this.

--
    Edit: consolidated info

Ahh thanks for this, so you need to be a member to have a signature and as far as I know, message too, right? :)
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    haven't posted because I don't have a pic as yet.
  • Options
    think I've been a member since 2011
  • Options
    haven't posted because I don't have a pic as yet.

No, look under your profile here. You are still classified as a new member on THIS forum :)
  • Options
    I saw that lol :) so i guess this is why i don't have an avatar?
  • Options
    I saw that lol :) so i guess this is why i don't have an avatar?

You can upload one, go to your profile, hover over your current picture and it should say choose photo or something like that.
  • Options
    I honestly don't like to talk that much.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top