Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The UNOFFICIAL Forum Bug Thread: Found a bug? Report it here until were told otherwise...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Please get some better moderation for this forum. Not just more moderation, but better moderation. What is happening now isn't working.

#ThisIsntWorking #BetterModsNow
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hey! I just found this thread. Thanks for starting it bflury. Here's a few issues I've come across while updating my CAW info threads:

Character counts in posts too low. This has already been reported.
    The spoiler code isn't functioning. This is what I get:
    I can't click on it, can anyone else?
    I can't click on it, can anyone else?
    Post edited by auntielynds on
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    1. Can we have it changed so that when you quote someone the name of the quoted appears as @name? That way we will automatically be informed when someone responds to what we said by quoting us. Right now quoting someone doesn't send a notification.

2. Can we get a way to report/flag a user, not just individual posts?

3. Could you post some information about new member vs member status and what the privileges are as well as info on what the like, agree, disagree buttons do to reputation and if any of that counts toward getting suspended or banned? It would clear things up for many members.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    So far my notifications icon is broken so I can't see notifications using it and have to go to my profile :(
    I have a feeling having it set to notify for all responses to a thread I posted in was a bad idea.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't have any trouble with clicking on tweet or You Tube, I like that. can post :D also. they don't seem to be broken. I always see the flag also. changing word size is not broken, just not included. I do not see any max count, as I have seen some pretty large post. In fact yours is pretty large. don't you think it is nice that we can delete our bookmarks as we get so many and some we do not need anymore, so it keeps us from going through them. I have never gotten Page Not Found error on this forum at all, not broken on this end.
    I agree that they need to get rid of users from trolling / stalking other members. I don't call it broken, I am sure they are trying to work this out.
    I rather like the new forum, except for the trolls. Just getting to the new forum. It is a little different from what we had.
    Funny I just clicked on and it took me right to the last post, not below it.
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    I'm getting notifications on a thread I bookmarked years ago. It seems as though checking and deleting bookmarks may revive the thread. The thread is " Name 1 thing that bothers you about TS3?"

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

@Evalen Some of the errors you're not getting because they've been resolved already because of this thread. ;)
  • Options
    Bubblez800Bubblez800 Posts: 285 Member
    edited August 2014
    When you bookmark a thread, the notifications don't come up (just shows a '1' on the notifications tab at the top, but it doesn't slide in at the bottom of the page like it's supposed to.) (only happens sometimes)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    @Evalen Some of the errors you're not getting because they've been resolved already because of this thread. ;)
    OK, thanks but I never experienced any of these, but that is ok. good to post if you have a problem, then they will know. Oh by the way when you click on to read a post, it will take you to the first post you have not read as yet, not the last one. Unless there are not new ones.

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    This isn't a bug really but for a forum that's been clearly redesigned for mobile it'd be nice to see my post as I'm typing but my on screen keyboard blocks it. I think this is a site issue as I've never had this issue elsewhere. I'm on droid if that makes a difference.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Ok... I went through and updated the list both with new bugs and what (I believe) has been addressed. Let me know if I need anything else...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I have a question for the powers that be. Mind this is rather minor in the big picture.

Why don't posts/discussions created count in the post count?
    Example User{not me} has

Discussions 118
    Comments 16532

under their avi but further down the page they have "Posts 16,650" as the total post count.

It seems conflicting that discussions don't count for badges, but do count for overall posts.

For me it's an shrug glitch for someone with ocd ... it could bug the heck out of them {I speak from the experienceing of working with and teaching special needs individuals}.

Peace,GranMama Dragon
    My S3 Studio > http://tinyurl.com/7pjx25u
    lxxu3g4[/url
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Another forum member, I can't remember who ( @Blunote00 maybe? ), said that the uncounted posts were from threads/posts that were deleted/locked and you don't get credit for those.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Another forum member, I can't remember who ( @Blunote00 maybe? ), that the uncounted posts were from threads/posts that were deleted/locked and you don't get credit for those.

If that's the case then maybe they can add a note some place like the much needed faq we don't have yet. :)

Peace,GranMama Dragon
    My S3 Studio > http://tinyurl.com/7pjx25u
    lxxu3g4
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Another forum member, I can't remember who ( @Blunote00 maybe? ), that the uncounted posts were from threads/posts that were deleted/locked and you don't get credit for those.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I wonder where you got those numbers {not me}... :p

@greenXen You are correct. It appears since everything was switched to the new Vanilla forum I've had 118 posts or threads I've posted in either locked/deleted. Just so happens it matches the same number of Discussions I've opened which is purely a coincidence. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member

If that's the case then maybe they can add a note some place like the much needed faq we don't have yet. :)
    I understand why we don't have one yet and is also the reason I don't have a Vanilla forum version of FYI Guide: How to find your stuff. (Posts, Threads, Bookmarks). The forum is so new and things are constantly being enabled/disabled or added/removed, that I don't want to do a guide only to have to redo it. However, I am thinking about making a detailed thread on how the reaction system works. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Bubblez800Bubblez800 Posts: 285 Member
    Another error: When I posted onto a thread that had about 4 pages, my post was SUPPOSED to be the first post on page 5, but it didn't post my comment, nor did it post other peoples' (because it said "last message by (Bubblez800) and my message was not there. Shortly after, someone posted and it was the first one on Page 5, but it didn't post the two or three comments in between.
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    The emoticons don't appear in Internet Explorer.

As originally reported by @Yanti68 here, the forums emoticons cannot be viewed in Internet Explorer. Picture below:

14976976166_865ab06c4f_b.jpg
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    they have me listed as a new member lol, even though I have been a member since 2009 (longer if you count TS2 forum) I have have posted and commented on this forum and the "old" forum. Oh well, I guess being a newbie is not that bad ;)
    Have a great day :D Pink
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    they have me listed as a new member lol, even though I have been a member since 2009 (longer if you count TS2 forum) I have have posted and commented on this forum and the "old" forum. Oh well, I guess being a newbie is not that bad ;) <br />
    Have a great day :D Pink
    Read the first link in my signature for details about the new member status. It has nothing to do with how long you have had an account. Which makes you wonder why its called "new" instead of something else...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    bflury,
    thank you for the link. I think it is really crazy to go from member to new member. but, I am fine with it. I hope some people will not go crazy and start posting things just to get their points up. Have a great and wonderful evening or day lol
    Pink :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    This isn't a bug but it's something that needs updating anyway. You can not read the whole thread title in the forums. This is aggrevating especially if you have a smart phone or kindle but especially on a pc which you wouldn't expect to see this issue.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    bflury wrote: »
    2. This may be due to the newness of the site, but I can't enter any pages from this site into my browser address bar and get here. I have to go to other pages that link to this site and click on them to enter the site.
    What do you mean, it seems to work fine entering a link?

Same here. If a topic has a lot of pages entering a certain page number now will no longer take you to that page.

• Options
    @CatLoverPlayer That doesn't sound like the same problem. I couldn't type the site directly into my address bar and get to this site. The problem was resolved by clearing my cache.

@bflury I'm guessing this isn't a bug, but I can't report posts again. It says I don't have permission. They are probably just tired of hearing from me. :P