Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script error for Ad Sponsor page ...http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

There is a script error that is popping up for quite a few of us at the launcher which is caused by the most recent Ad Sponsor script - Sims 3 Bonus Points -

An Error has occurred in the script on this page....
Line 0
Char 0
Error Scrip error
Code 0
URL? http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

Thing is for me that it blocks the "Sims Bonus Points" ad... So in effect I cannot view the ad sponsor page for Sims Bonus Points... I will get the icon on the launcher, but, when I click on it and the Welcome page opens, the Ad offer is gone.

I have updated or checked on the latest versions of everything... Java, Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Windows, Internet Explorer ( also deleted cache files) .

It seems to me that this popped up with the last Sims 3 update earlier this week...

Anyone have ideas on this?

Comments

• Options
    anga387anga387 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2014
    it is crashing my game! no clue how to fix it!!! HELP EA!
  • Options
    faye729faye729 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Same for me.. it pops up and when it permits me to continue with the game will eventually cause the game to crash... its getting very annoying very quick. At this point I can't download anything new I purchase from the Sim Store with SimPoints.
  • Options
    Kaz00Kaz00 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I have the same issue as well and I've tried just about everything minus uninstalling/reinstalling. It's kind of time consuming and I would really rather not have to do that.

Hopefully there is some sort of fix that doesn't require that.
  • Options
    ksantarcksantarc Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2014
    I began to get that same error message when the newest patch was released. Once the error occurs the blue "bonus simpoint" advert disappears from EA's website and Launcher. It is a bit frustrating so I hope the EA addresses the issue.

Misc details:
    Launcher works fine and I am still able to play the game.
    Error occurs whether or not I am logged in on the Launcher.
    Internet Explorer: browser I use to obtain bonus simpoints. IE cache is dumped daily.
    Firefox: browser used for all other internet activity.

Clicking on the Launcher's bonus simpoint advert brings up my Firefox browser not my "unblocked" Internet Explorer browser. (Could routing through Firefox be causing this issue?)

That's all I've got. Hope it helps!
  • Options
    PromoPlusPromoPlus Posts: 34 New Member
    edited January 2014
    New info for me:

I do not have the script error anymore - perhaps because I deleted 5 cache files in the Sims 3 file folder. My game does not crash either since I combed through all my downloaded files for Bad CC and got rid of about 10 bad files.

See Crinricts page: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html

Deleting the cache files has stopped the script error and has cut down tremendously on the game load time, however, I still do not have access to Sims Bonus Points for the ad which is the Sims3 Store issue. the Bonus Icon appears in my launcher but clicking on it brings me to the Sims 3 Store and the Bonus Points Icon disappears.
  • Options
    torsion34torsion34 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Looks like there is a new script error in the launcher, caused by the most recent advertisement link. http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js
    I wish EA would test and verify these advertisements scripts before implementing them.
  • Options
    belladonnaaustbelladonnaaust Posts: 21 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I deleted my cache from my browser and Sims cache files according to these sites
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

The program allows me to close the script error window but it crashes my game :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    oefdevilvetoefdevilvet Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    For me following the steps to delete the cache in this link worked.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html

The only other thing I did was clear my iExplorer cache and reset the browser. The idea came from crinrict in a thread on the EA website, along with several other troubleshooting tips that I was not required to test, found here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/http-be-sponsorpay-com-assets-web-client-js/td-p/2204429
  • Options
    struckk1962struckk1962 Posts: 17
    edited June 2014
    Same here, I get script error on the launcher, I do not get sponsor sim points there but I can get them from website. How ever I bought Dragon Valley, but can not play it, says its downloaded and installed, but nowhere to be found in game. Every time I start game I have to dl and install,
  • Options
    Fantus1Fantus1 Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    This is causing allot of people some major headaches, We all are asking EA to get to the bottom of this error as soon as possible. I can enter the game and start playing. But the game constantly lags severely! then freezes up. We all need to put our heads together on this one.
  • Options
    NicottiaNicottia Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2014
    I started having this issue, too.

Yesterday I had to reinstall my TS3 from Steam (where I had no trouble at all) to Origin and now I'm having all those script errors from sponsorpay and whatnot. I can play the game, but I noticed that this error is bugging the launcher in a way that it can't automatically download patches for me, I have to do it manually (as in I have to renew the patch list in the launcher) and also I noticed that sometimes when I try to Simport host or tour, I get an in-game pop up that I need to register my game... which I already did a while ago... After I restart TS3 I can play normally for a while again. ;)
    7bXthz.png
    My little YouTube corner: Nicottia <= Clickerino!
  • Options
    KathiT53KathiT53 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure about the Sims Bonus points, don't really care about them either. My thing is, I've downloaded 2 lots from the Exchange. I get a script error with both downloads, whether I "Add to Game" or "Save File". My launcher shows the CC downloaded and installed but neither lot shows up in the folder when I go to Edit Town.
    Is there a solution in the works for this? If CC is going to be unusable from the Exchange, a lot of people are going to stop uploading their creations here, a loss for everyone!
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi, everyone, I'm also having too this error - and for long time.
    Not a big deal, for me simpoints adds have worked for few times - and only directly from site. I do not remember to have seen "Get Simpoints" on my launcher. Until yesterday, when I've used NVidia GeForce Experience for launch my game.
    I have italian version of game, also - opening game by normal way (shortcut on executable or launcher directly) it all still shown in italian language.
    NVidia GeForce Experience has opened my launcher for the 1st time in english language and I've seen for the 1st time "Get Simpoints" button on my launcher. And I was logged off :?: (on italian launcher I have "maintain me connected" ticked)
    I've logged on and "Get Simpoints" button disappeared.
    I've closed NVidia GeForce Experience and launcher, then I've used default ITF shortcut (created with installation of last DVD) on desktop for open the launcher. Launcher opened as usually in italian language, I was logged on (as usually) and no simpoints button (as usually).
    I'm using Google, not having add-blocker, cleaned caches on default browser Google Chrome and on IE too, Origin and another programs are updated.
    I'm writting this only, because this may some PC-whizz help to solve this enigma. I'm not PC-whizz and I won't earn further Simpoints unless EA will free some exlusives (registration+simpoints+preorder rewards, Dr.Pepper, Telecom,...)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    edited August 2014
    good thing I'm not the only one who has noticed this, :?:
    It didnt happen until I did an offer and watched that video whatever video it was
    now the sims 3 website wont load on my desktop (using laptop to write this)
    I just hope that the video didnt cause my computer a virus :(
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    BamaboytnBamaboytn Posts: 3 New Member
    I was trying to download the "Country Living" package and I kept getting these script errors too. Small downloads like the "MultiTab 6000" downloaded and installed just fine.
    I updated java and my video driver plus I ran a complete maintenance on it. It is a fairly new computer (4 months old) and I have 1Terrabyte of space. I can get the launcher to load after clicking no a few times on these but not the new content that I bought. I have delete the cache as some have mentioned. I also removed Sims3 completely from my computer and reinstalled all the "worlds". I am about angry enough to delete it again for good. I should be able to download the packages I have purchased.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Re: Scripterrors and lazy launcher
    @Bamaboytn - I do not think, those updates and cleaning caches have solved this script error. I have made this too (except reinstalling game and Origin). Mine PC is updated also too (OS, Origin, drivers, game, store, browser, ...).
    I have beginned with fabbic clean folder, re-downloaded Content patch on it and I'm reinstalling store from zero. More store content installed, even harder is Launcher to open. Now I'm leaving in users folder too all DCBackup content (I've got answer at my "why" from @amjoie in KNOW WHAT IS INSIDE YOUR GAME: THE SIMS 3 here).
    I think, it my be caused too by dimension of still growing Documents/The Sims 3 folder. I haven't had this problem when I've used my store content converted in packages (I've used this due to autonomously uninstalled content from game and Launcher eating my legally purchased content from Downloads folder). Now is my Documents/The Sims 3 folder really huge (as that wasn't never before - however I have had all Store content in it) and I'm not even at half of all store-content installed.
    Launcher-shortcut on desktop will open my launcher rarely (I think sript-errors are slowing it too), safest way how to open it is from start menu of Windows
    Windows-Start-Button-58x58.jpg.
    I'm also not opening launcher while in game. Fortunatelly download-links from http://store.thesims3.com/ pages are opening it (sometimes at 2nd attempt) without problems (but script-error appears instantly).
    After I've finally managed to open it, I'm getting this sponsorpay script-error sometimes 3 times during only 1 store Sims3Pack installation. When is this "sponsorpay script-error" window opened, it is especially bothering, when I have to close "Installation Complete" window. It won't close unless I'll close this bothering "sponsorpay script-error" window, which is near completely hidden under "Installation Complete" window and sometimes is tricky to click it.
    It happens regardless at my login/logout on launcher and site.
    I'm not using launcher for play my game, but sfortunatelly there isn't another way how to get ours content legally from internet and then in game.
    What I think: there wasn't time to transfer TS3 team on TS4 - because we have still annoyances with TS3 issues (not caused by ours PC's).
    Post edited by Bily_jednorozec on
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    My solution for lazy launcher: I've noticed, that deleting some files from user's folder help to open launcher (from desktop shortcut) each time, when I'll click it (differently from untouched folder) and I'm already using one similar *.bat file which does it for me and launch the game bypassing the Launcher.
    I have another one, which only cleans those files (without launching game). It is called LighterCleaningSims3.bat
    @echo off
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CurrentGame.sims3\*.*"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\*.xml"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\*.log"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\xcpt*.txt"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\*.mdmp"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\*.tmp"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\missingdeps.idx"
    del "D:\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\dcdbt.ebc"

If someone want use it - you need to copy those lines in Notepad, change path for related files (location in yours PC), save, close.
    Then rename it from LighterCleaningSims3.txt to LighterCleaningSims3.bat. I reccomend to read before Game Help:TS3 User Folders Explained, so you will know - what are related files (which will be deleted in this process) doing. Use it only at your own risk - I'm on Win7 Ultimate 64bit (ver 6.1) and for me it works.;)
    Save yours *.bat file everywhere on yours PC and make from it shortcut to yours desktop. Double click on it will clean only yours Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder.
    After cleaning of my users folder my launcher is opening each time, when I'm clicking on it. This process don't remove sfortunatelly sponsorpay script error.
    HTH
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I had the same problem, i had to restore my computer and worked perfectly fine after
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    BamaboytnBamaboytn Posts: 3 New Member
    I have done all of that. wiped the computer, reinstalled only the base game of TS3, updated everything, And I still get the same script errors and the flipping packages that I bought will not download.
  • Options
    GamingGavGamingGav Posts: 50 Member
    I'm having this problem too, and I'm pretty sure it's tide to the ad, and not my pc. Also it seems to be link to an issue on the store page with the main add banner not showing up when visiting the homepage of thesims3 store.
    NN72XR2l.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Me too (it have never stopped for many months) + today I've got bunch js.query errors. I've opened Origin, there is update - but I do not hope that it solve sponsorpay errors.
    Edit: js.query errors weren't solved even after today's Origin update and successive rebooting PC (another software is up-to-date). Great, before I have to fight only sponsorpay, now I have to combat js.query too.
    Post edited by Bily_jednorozec on