Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's a Big Party -- FAVES ANNOUNCED! **come see**

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    MeaganJo wrote:
    Tany this is my gift to you, a Sci Fi pic of your avi! I liked this picture best out of 174! Hope you like it. Happy Birthday!

Tany_zps7a3a00b7.png

I love it! It's utterly perfect! How you managed that, I will never know!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Shrill wrote:
    and self-appointed Carmen-San-Diego (she doesn't know what that means)

Omg, I remember that game!

IT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!

And it was a game show on Nickolodeon too that was like basically a geography/logic quiz thingy that I excelled at.

Kids these days just don't know what they are missing.

I had 'Where is Time is Carmen Sandiego?" in fact the 3 first PC games I probably played was:

SimEarth
    Wolfenstein
    Where is Time is Carmen Sandiego

So if I wasn't killing my world (unintentionally it was really hard to keep a SimEarth alive), killing ***** (or more being killed by) and finding their treasure, I'd be looking for a time traveling thief (she won most of the time I wasn't good at timed games :P), no wonder my boundaries or relativity is warped :P

And my education games were typing (actually think this was a real program and not a game) and a solar system one, which has burned that Pluto is a planet into my head so harsh I cannot accept it has been demoted :P ;) All this around the age of 9-11? I think...

And I think I remember the show... I think...

Oh wow, Sim Earth - that game was so hard! There was a safari park based one that was similar but a bit easier to manage... My favourite Maxis games were Sim Farm and Sim Ant, I actually won Sim Ant once (I'm a life-long terribly skilled gamer :P)
    I used to make some pretty epic towers on Sim Tower too, and I'd name sims after the Friends characters and be so pleased when we went to the cinema at the same time :P

I got to play Carmen a lot because it was considered educational for my younger brother, he actually found a copy of it somewhere not long ago! The TV show was on Nickelodeon here around the same time as Salute Your Shorts, Peter & Pete, Guts and Are You Afraid of the Dark - happy days....

Anyway don't mind me getting all nostalgic, it looks like the party is still going! Here is some brunch to keep the energy up - eggs benedict and champagne, meal of the gods:

318819437_65a6eab77a.jpg

Remember when SimEarth, Carmen Sandiago, and Oregon Trail were the games? I hear they've updated Oregon Trail's graphics a lot in some new releases, but I've been afraid to check them out. Always have a soft-spot in my heart for the original.

And that meal looks lovely!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    TanyKirk_zpsd9c2ef3e.jpg

I'm missing all the fun! My classes are really kicking my butt. I have some errands this morning before class, but I wanted to drop this off before I go.

I'm glad to see this party is always in full swing, and the pics everyone is posting are AWESOME! My pets look at me with puzzled faces as I sit here and laugh at my screen! Lol!

Party on! *cracks party whip
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    SadieStar wrote:
    envira_x wrote:
    That image is BRILLIANT, my marvelous meag!! ((tackle hugs)) The look on her face is pure joy and delight. I adore it. <3<3

Agreed!! MeaganJo that picture is AMAZING! The futuristic colors, textures, and the extraordinary gleeful expression on her face makes the picture so aesthetically pleasing! :D All these elements really work together to capture a depth of emotion that can be quite elusive to grasp in ts3 imo.

Thank you very much Tanya for replying to individual responses, you are very kind to take the time to do that. :mrgreen: There's no need to do so on your birthday of course, but I know everyone appreciates it greatly including myself!

Now I don't know if you've had you fill of digital or RL cake, but if you haven't had this one before from the Cheesecake factory I suggest you try it one day, it's delicious, all you other cheesecake lovers need to try it too :D :

cheesecake-factory.jpeg

Oh and don't say anything back to this one Tanya! You need to indulge in some post-birthday relaxation away from the keyboard lol :wink: You don't either Envira_x, reading all of this small text is bad for headaches and remember the hostess needs time to relax as well! :D

I will admit I wasn't happy with how I was replying to individual responses; the long wall of text just doesn't have that personal feel to me, ya know? But, I was pressed both for time and for energy due to school-related items (Sunday was an online class, Monday a lecture class, both had homework).

And why do I always want to type "individual" as "invidual"? Drives me nuts.

I love that cake! I would visit the Cheesecake Factory, but every time I go to bring the camping gear into their building, they say no. Eh, so I just wanna move in and live there... is that so wrong? :wink:

And, hey, spending time to sit around and do little things, like craft replies to things like this, is how I relax. I can take as long as I want on a reply, add what I want, and it's not an argument... the exact opposite of stressful :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wow this place is Amazing! Another wonderfully fun and exciting party hosted by envira!! You sure know how to do it big!

Happy birthday Tany! I wish you a very very happy birthday (even though I'm probably late) I hope you get everything you wanted and then some! Fid bles and many many many more!!
    And congrats on the awesome party!

Thank you for the well-wishes! I get a day to relax without stress and people online making it special... plus, a few gifts. So, it's well beyond what I hoped for this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    illusie wrote:
    I had a hard time finding the party, let´s dance to bring it back to page 1

snoopy-dancing-gif-5612.gif

*does a little dance, sings a little song, gets down tonight, OH, gets down tonight*

*flees Envi's wrath*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    What will we do with all of yesterday's leftover birthday cake?? Mr Fluffykins has some ideas...

cat_birthday_cake.jpg"width=600"

Edit: Realized Jenn already posted the same picture :oops:

It's okay ^^ The picture is still adorable!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Look who came with my simmie Anyka, to UNI!!!!
    525275_10200163110094211_1058242769_n.jpg
    Don't mind Anyka's very smexual parents.
    482752_10200163110214214_1861191891_n.jpg
    Carlya and Anyka love their dorm room.
    67068_10200163110774228_2141227524_n.jpg
    Anyka decides to show Carlya a video.
    574869_10200163110894231_1904815738_n.jpg
    Lol, that must have been a really gross video. That face is priceless. :wink:

Now that I've played around a tad bit with Uni Life and 2 very colorful simmies, I must get some sleep. :mrgreen:

Oh, now I'm wanting Uni to arrive faster! I love those pics!

Thank you a lot ^^ I hadn't even considered trying that yet. I have two other sims destined to go first.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    TanyKirk_zpsd9c2ef3e.jpg

I'm missing all the fun! My classes are really kicking my butt. I have some errands this morning before class, but I wanted to drop this off before I go.

I'm glad to see this party is always in full swing, and the pics everyone is posting are AWESOME! My pets look at me with puzzled faces as I sit here and laugh at my screen! Lol!

Party on! *cracks party whip

Bwahaha! I love those props!

"Hey, Jack, I think this is a scanner... Let's point it at the redshirt." *props disintegrate redshirt* "... we'll tell his family he died heroically."

I hope class goes well!
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited March 2013
    Dance :D

DANCE ON ZEH TABLE!

2l8usu1.jpg

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday *Grins*
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    soniccrazy4soniccrazy4 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited March 2013
    Happy birthday Tanya!! I hope you have a super awesome birthday well I guess you already are since you have such nice friends. :mrgreen:

Since this is a very colourful thread there needs to be a colourful cake! :lol:
    tumblr_m6bn8axo9n1r0k0mwo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited March 2013
    *runs in*

HAPPYBIRTHDAYTOYOUTANYARUBIROSE!

*throws glitter and flees*
  • Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited March 2013
    Party-Time.gif

.... and now back to studying!! Blech.
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow, this looks complicated -- you've really outdone yourself, Envi! What a lovely way to celebrate! Happy birthday, Tanya! If I had the time, I'd stop in and participate, but I'm off to do some work on Monster Vista. But I just wanted to drop ion and let you know that I hope you have an incredible birthday! Toodles!
  • Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited March 2013
    *sigh* Happy late birthday Tanya...
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited March 2013
    gir.gifdicdo.gifthpig_dancing.gif800O051Fiyn.gifwoot.gif
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited March 2013
    Don't mind me, just dropping by with a new list. :D

10eliblue
    45rpm
    abbyknight
    ADWilson
    agstah
    Alitoni
    alyssaluvscookie
    Amby316
    Amykara
    anettesb
    Angel_D0109
    Angelllite7
    AnnitaEatsYa
    azara67
    bassie99
    baxter_milo
    BBSIMS
    becca_una83
    Bethany20112
    bigxfan
    blacksheba1973
    Blysscia
    Bookworm742
    Brighty
    buckosnort
    CatherynBlue
    chocbubbles
    ciane
    corettabarajas
    CoreyCanadian
    Corwim
    Daelia
    DangerDanger
    DolphineQ
    dreambluangel
    Emily4331
    EmmaLeen
    friendsfan36
    front360
    GoddessHekate
    GreenCats
    Heather3184
    HollownessDevour
    illusie
    JazminAdore
    JESSIEPRESCOTT
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1
    justthink
    Karrterr
    Katybug273
    LilyParker
    lolzbr
    lopithecus
    Loppie1988
    Mariesalias
    mathboy8
    mcrudd
    mcsnjb
    MeaganJo
    mishmush
    Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Myrrhawa
    NiniBeMe69
    NOXXI
    okido1987
    PetaT
    potterphyle
    priscapup
    Puddinroy
    rainwife
    readreadreadread
    Rheynin
    SadieStar
    SandySim
    saschatilo
    scrapper42
    Sharonj
    Shinrikyo
    Shrill
    SimWrangler11
    SmilzPretty
    snowdove58
    soniccrazy4
    SugarRave
    sunsetsorbet
    SuttiPutt
    SweetPoyzin
    Terrylin
    TessaMichele
    TEXASKITTYKAT
    TheFairyBug
    TheKrazy_KimSim
    Thelessy
    TnT_Terry
    wecantpickaname
    Wildatheart
    Wittylady
    xvkiweevx
    yz2907
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JESSIEPRESCOTTJESSIEPRESCOTT Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited March 2013
    379431197_eb5b484d42.jpg
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited March 2013
    MeaganJo wrote:
    Tany this is my gift to you, a Sci Fi pic of your avi! I liked this picture best out of 174! Hope you like it. Happy Birthday!

Tany_zps7a3a00b7.png

I love it! It's utterly perfect! How you managed that, I will never know!

Yay I am so happy you love it! But guess what I'm gonna let you know how to do it :) Bring up the cheat screen, type in moveobjects on set up your background just how you want it with props and whatnot surround it with fencing that your sim can't walk through, mess around with your lighting, place a stereo outside the fencing and have your sim start dancing. Once your sim is dancing go into build/buy mode and pick up your sim placing him or her in front of your scenery then go back into play mode and as your sim is dancing hit pause a lot and take pics. I ended up with 170 some odd pics of your avi so yes it can take hours upon hours but I think the outcome was definitely worth it! :)
  • Options
    SimWrangler11SimWrangler11 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited March 2013
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Rainbow-cake.jpg

White+present+box+cake+with+colorful+stars+and+bow+and+clown_large.JPG

clown.jpg
  • Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited March 2013
    3000l.jpg

Yes, this is my 3000th post! :shock: Clearly I talk way too much. :P

Anyway, I have a creepy cake for you!

4402443343_85ded63943.jpg
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited March 2013
    SadieStar wrote:
    envira_x wrote:
    That image is BRILLIANT, my marvelous meag!! ((tackle hugs)) The look on her face is pure joy and delight. I adore it. <3<3

Agreed!! MeaganJo that picture is AMAZING! The futuristic colors, textures, and the extraordinary gleeful expression on her face makes the picture so aesthetically pleasing! :D All these elements really work together to capture a depth of emotion that can be quite elusive to grasp in ts3 imo.

Thank you so much Sadie and I agree TS3 is definitely lacking in the expression department but hey if dancing is what they need to get truly gleeful look about them then so be it!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2013
    Happy birthday TanyaRubirose.:D

happy-birthday-2.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited March 2013
    3000_91911.jpg

Yay Brightsy! Woot! Congrats!