Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Three Little Sims...PLAYING CHALLENGE

addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
It's been about five months since this challenge was out among the living. And with a new computer, I'm hoping to actually be able to play it this time around.

I hope you will check out the teaser below, and if you're interested, read the rules that follow.

It is a short challenge that is relatively low-maintenance. It might be a nice break from longer, more strenuous (as strenuous as Sims gets, I suppose) endeavors.

Addict

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    The Three Little Sims

Challenge Teaser:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=91900
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Basic Concept:
    This challenge follows the lives of three sims cohabitating on the same lot. Using a rotation schedule of three days, you will control each sim just one day in three. The other two days, they will live their lives on their own; they will choose whether to go to work, make dinner, or hang around in their skivvies.

The Set-up
    1. Create a family of three adult sims in CAS. You may assign personality points and lifetime aspirations as you like. The three sims should be housemates, nothing more.

2. Create a lot for the three sims to live on. The total cost should not exceed 25K. You will have to move them onto another lot first and use kaching five times to obtain this amount. The lot should include three separate homes, each with all of the essential items. Each home may also have a bookcase. No other fun objects or skill builders should be present on the lot. (You may, however, include a pond.)

If you do not want to create your own lot, or just need some ideas to get started, you may use the one I have created. It can be obtained here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1087960

3. Move the sims into the lot and assign them their homes. For storytelling purposes, this is their "house." Of course they will move in and out of one another's homes as you play because there is no way to mark a house as theirs, but careful photo work can give the feel that each one has his/her own home.

4. You may control the sims for the first day (through 7 a.m. the next morning). In this time, you should secure them a job. I would also recommend doing some cooking to try to build up their skill in this area so they do not set themselves on fire the first time you turn your back.

5. At 7 a.m. on Monday, you should begin focusing your work on just one sim. You may direct him/her to your heart's content. The other two sims should be left on their own to do as they wish. I would recommend checking in on them from time to time to see what they're up to, as this is where many of the ideas for any stories will come from.

6. At 7 a.m. on Tuesday, switch to the next sim. You will continue to use this 7 a.m. time to mark the beginning of each new day. The rotation should stay the same throughout the challenge. Sim 1 will always be Sim 1. There should be no changing the order around once the challenge has begun.

The Rules:
    1. Sims should only be controlled on their assigned day. No keeping the tinkerer from electrocuting himself! If a sim is on fire, the sim you are controlling may run to extinguish it. If the sim you are controlling starts a fire or is on fire himself, you may attempt to stop his panic and put out the fire. If he continues to freak out, just hope the fire department is timely. (Please make sure to include a smoke detector in each home to help keep those simmies alive!)

2. You will need to keep a running tally of each sim's bank. Once per rotation, you may spend the money an individual sim earned on something for his home. Consider wants and career promotions in these purchases. Don't forget to leave some money so that the three little sims can pay their bills.

3. You may move in other sims and even get married. However, these sims should not be controlled. Only the original three are controllable sims for our purposes. This is also true if a sim chooses to have a child. (The decision to have a child will be a burden to all controllable sims on the lot. If a particular child is getting low on needs, which is shown by the color of his/her picture, you may click on the sim to find out what is wrong and ONLY the current sim you are controlling may meet this child's need so the social worker will not come to the lot.

4. If a sim autonomously finishes a painting when you are not controlling him/her, you may move it (either sell it or hang it in their home) so that he/she can use the easel again if the mood strikes.

5. You may move a sim who is stuck somehow, even if he/she isn't the active one you are controlling at the moment.

6. You may use any life expectancy for the challenge. If you are keeping score, please just include the length of game you selected.

7. When you are controlling a sim, he/she should only use objects in his/her own house. What they do when you are not in control, however, is totally fine.

Purpose:
    To see how successful our sims can be on their own. To hopefully laugh at some silly things along the way. To serve as a distraction from other, more difficult challenges and projects. To declare a "winner" of our three sims and maybe compare scores with other players.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Score Card
    I am debating how specific to make this, as this is intended to be pretty low-key and fun. From past challenges, I think people like to have something for points of some type...For now, let's try something like this.

. . . . . . . .
    At the end of the challenge, please note the lifetime expectancy you used for the challenge.

Additionally, please complete the following for each of your three sims (if you wish to keep track):

Sim: Name
    Lifetime Aspiration:
    Aspiration achieved? Yes or No
    Total Aspiration Points:

Career:
    Highest Level Achieved:
    Additional Career Info (ie. second jobs, elder jobs, etc.):

Skill Points: Total adding all points for all categories together
    Items collected: # (this includes seed, bug, and gem types)
    Other important achievements: # of Books, Paintings, etc.

Money earned: Sell all items purchased by the individual sim or total up your running tally.

Family: Total members
    Friends: Total number
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    RESERVED
    Just in case I need it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    OK, Feel free to post. :-)
    I will be off to bed soon, but I hope to see a few takers when I get back from work tomorrow.

Happy simming!
    Addict
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe I missed it .. is there a lifespan expectancy? Meaning is this done on normal, not normal, or epic not normal?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That is open to you. I will be playing on normal the first time around, just to see how it all comes together. However, I think I will add what span the player used to the scorecard.

Thanks for checking it out, Terentia. :D
    Addict
  • Options
    MumsyMumsy Posts: 666 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims should only be controlled on their assigned day. No keeping the tinkerer from electrocuting himself! If a sim is on fire, the sim you are controlling may run to extinguish it. If the sim you are controlling is on fire, just hope the fire department is timely.

Typo? Should that be "the sim you are not controlling... ?

Any restriction on the aging? It seems like it shouldn't matter for this one.

This challenge ends when all three have passed away?

Other important achievements: # of Books, Paintings, etc. If one buys an easel (or chess set or whatever), they can all use it?

?Career Reward Points? (I don't know how this works in this game. Might need some info...
    All of the reward points go into the lifetime points thingy (not the technical term ;) )

I hope I'm helping :) I was taking notes as you were posting

This looks fun :) I'm going to try it. I need a break from building I think. At least until the next Build-n-Share :lol:
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cool beans .. bookmarked to add to my little weekend goof off sessions :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Very helpful, Mumsy!

I do mean the sim you ARE controlling. Hopefully, you won't do anything too risky while you're in control, but if a freak accident happens you can try to cancel the sim's panic and put it out. If he himself catches fire, he will just have to wait for the fire department, as you are not allowed to switch over to another sim to correct the issue. (Hope that makes sense. Let me know if not.

Hmm. Life expectancy can be set to whatever you prefer, whether you would like a long game or short. The challenge ends when the last of the original three sims dies. Or, if you want a longer challenge and they have descendents, I suppose they could pick up where mom or dad left off. :-)

As far as the objects. When you are controlling them, they should only use what is in their own homes. However, when left to their own devices, I'm sure they will find their way to the TV or other fun object. :D This reminded me I need to add something for clarity in the rules...

I'm going to edit the scorecard with the career info. Thank you!

Addict
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hooray, Terentia!
    Glad you like it. :D

Addict
  • Options
    MumsyMumsy Posts: 666 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ahh ok. I misread the fire part. Got it now :)
    Thanks. I'll try this one tomorrow I think. After I upload and enter the Execu-cozy Home :)

P.S. $1 for the word autonomously.
    Just a little game we play at our house.. verbal only.. cash gained for good word usage.. cash loss for cheap (vulgar, etc) words
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Woot!
    Just saw your triumph on the other thread. 8)

So glad to have you aboard.

Addict
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ohhh, another great challenge idea, addict!
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2009
    Okay, this looks like hilarity waiting to happen! LOL I'll probably give this a go very soon. I look forward to hearing everyone's stories.

Thanks again, Addict, for providing a cool challenge. You rock! :D
  • Options
    DrMusixDrMusix Posts: 1,180 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I probably wont be able to participate, but you have officially gained a fan! :D
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't wait for this big challenge you are working on... I can tell it will be big, though. Might try this out if I have time...

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    OkieOK01OkieOK01 Posts: 139 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Addict! This looks like something I can actually do! It definitely sounds like a lot of fun. I will print the rules and all, then give it a go. Thank you for this challenge!

:D
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    This sounds really fun I think I might try!
  • Options
    firebubble85firebubble85 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i LOVE this! :D I'm totally doing it! :) Thanks for the great challenge, Addict!

PS - what part of OH are you in?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hooray! So many replies. :D

I'm working on my responses now.
    Addict
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi, Firebubble. So glad my fellow Ohioan stopped in. I am in the Columbus area.

Yay, Bennjoon! I hope you will enjoy it.

Hi, Okie! Haven't seen you around for awhile. I am so pleased to have you along. :-)

Hey, Mmyoko. Yes, I've been working on it for awhile. I have so many ideas in my head...at some point, I need to get them on paper. It's been tough. Pretty much all my writing time is dedicated to assignments at the moment. But soon, I hope!

Dr. Musix, a fan? :D Thank you so much!

Hey there, Amchristian. I am really hoping for some funny stories from this one. I hope you'll share.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks, Anju. I hope you give it a try! What with all your free time and all...lol. Looking forward to this week's challenge.

Addict
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited August 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    I am in the Columbus area.
    Well I'll be.. 8) I am also in Columbus OH area! North Columbus between Worthington and Westerville. :thumbup: Go Bucks! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    OMG, EQ! How did we not realize this earlier? lol. I bet I'm less than 20 minutes from you. :D
    I live near Easton.

Addict