Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you dislike about seasons?...

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's also driving me crazy that they don't automatically change out of their winter clothes when inside.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    How nobody uses the rinks. Like AT ALL!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I've been a few times to Granite Falls, and it sort of ruins the wild forest feel that cabins are so rich decorated. Especially when there is no holiday and you need to stay in a holiday decorated cabin... It shouldn't bee needed with cheats to get down the decor, but even if I could enter build mode, it might not help as we normally put up/down decor via the decorations box. Maybe the box should have been added to all cabins. I diod not try to bring it in inventory (if possible), but I'd prefer no decor in Granite Falls.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    One more thing. Maybe not just Seasons, but related. I just entered a house, to find two household members outside on the terracce, wearing short dresses and high heels - at 3 AM. I know the game give them all kinds of random activities, to give us the impression they are actyive when we don't see them, but hey - why not let hem sleep at 3 AM? Why would one of them be talking to a plant, while the other was grilling some food - although there was already a group serving on the table next to the grill, AND the rain was pouring down... So, with the weather and temperature added, it will be interesting to see what silly activities they will be assigned outdoors, wearing what outfits...

It's become negative to enter a house during the night because their need bars are often in the green, sometimes there's no point in sending them to bed. But, switching houses was always best at night, especially when playing on rotation.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    One thing I dislike about seasons....GNOMES... I hate they spawn all around my house on holidays and after holiday I have get rid of them! I love seasons but gate gnome!!!!! >.<

You can edit out that tradition before the holiday starts -- took it off at Harvestfest and not a single gnome has appeared.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Only thing I don't like is how leaf piles hang around in the public spaces, and there's no way to get rid of them so they just stay there stinking. You can burn them but that doesn't get rid of them. If they're still there in spring it's going to be pretty smelly in Newcrest. And the random carnage that killed off a bunch of Sims (including orphaning Jaxon and Michaela Munch in the same night by killing off Gunther and Cassidy) so I turned off the temperature effects.
  • Options
    One more thing. Maybe not just Seasons, but related. I just entered a house, to find two household members outside on the terracce, wearing short dresses and high heels - at 3 AM. I know the game give them all kinds of random activities, to give us the impression they are actyive when we don't see them, but hey - why not let hem sleep at 3 AM? Why would one of them be talking to a plant, while the other was grilling some food - although there was already a group serving on the table next to the grill, AND the rain was pouring down... So, with the weather and temperature added, it will be interesting to see what silly activities they will be assigned outdoors, wearing what outfits...

It's become negative to enter a house during the night because their need bars are often in the green, sometimes there's no point in sending them to bed. But, switching houses was always best at night, especially when playing on rotation.

Maybe they just came home from a night of clubbing? The green thing yeah, that's an issue.
  • Options
    Siming4lifeSiming4life Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="elanorbreton;c-16598164"][list]
    [*] No rain splashes on the ground
    [*] No changing outfits when going from indoors to out and vice versa
    [*] Lack of calendar icons
    [*] The leaves on the ground look painted on
    [*] Lack of snow depth
    [*] Lots of bugs!
    [/list][/quote]

J
  • Options
    Siming4lifeSiming4life Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree completely with all that and also not sure if anyone said this yet or not but y the hell are there no stalkings to hang for Christmas 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I made toddler triplets in CAS for a new save. I built a new house and went to live mode and one of the toddlers aged up to child immediately. I guess this has something to do with the calendar? Hoping it's a bug, but it's really annoying as I'm not sure how to age her back down or if I even can.
  • Options
    Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2018
    The fact that there aren't enough gifts to give. I mean, sure, we have bouquets and all but we should also have heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and/or candies (like Turkish delight perhaps) to give to our Sims' boyfriend/girlfriend on Hearts' Day. You can even give them to your mom or your grandma or something like that. I mean, I"m not just talking about confectioneries as gifts but other stuff like stuffed dolls/animals for kids or some kind of knitting thing for grandmas or the like. We should be able to put game consoles in our Sim's inventory to give away as gifts.

In Sims 3, you can put a car in your Sim's inventory and give it as a gift to their son/daughter who got an A in high school or graduated with flying colors in college.

The one feature that could've been added to Seasons, to up the ante of gift-giving, should've been some kind of "wish list" or something to that effect. Like your Sim would want a new pet or a new toy for their birthday or Christmas. Otherwise, gift-giving is just random. Not that I don't enjoy the whole gift-giving thing now. I love it. I just wish that our Sims were given some kind of desire to own something.
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    I might be wrong ... but can you create holidays for more than just your household? I thought we would be able to set them for all the sims at once.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited July 2018
    The one feature that could've been added to Seasons, to up the ante of gift-giving, should've been some kind of "wish list" or something to that effect. Like your Sim would want a new pet or a new toy for their birthday or Christmas. Otherwise, gift-giving is just random. Not that I don't enjoy the whole gift-giving thing now. I love it. I just wish that our Sims were given some kind of desire to own something.

This goes to highlight an argument i've seen many times by simmers, and a complaint I have as well. Sims don't acknowledge their environment all that well.

When you can delete an entire sofa set that your sim is standing beside and.... nothing. No reaction whatsoever to the suddenly missing furniture... or when you can buy your sims a brand new stove and fridge and they don't seem to even notice or care....... its difficult to expect these same sims to show interest in receiving a particular gift.

What you "do" get however, is a background script assign a notification suggesting that the sims is happy with new surroundings. Which, in my opinion, is a message that should have been sent to the sim instead of (me the player) to encourage the sim to show a little more emotion. I mean really, if they are that happy about the new surroundings they may want to tell their face. The sim seems to be doing the same thing it was doing for the last 20 minutes or so. If she's happy, great, but maybe somebody should tell "her".

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I love this EP. But there are a few things about it that seem excessive, I agree. Joggers in shorts and T-shirts in the middle of a blizzard is at the top of my list. Then there are the stinky leaf piles all over the worlds that every Sim plays in and end up with their hygiene in the red. No changing into and out of proper seasonal attire upon entering or leaving a house or venue. The stacks and stacks of dirty dishes and rotting food in every park no matter the season. More holiday traditions and tradition icons, please. Ditto for clubs. Better mud, snow and water balloon fights would have been nice. A smidge more snow build up would have taken this pack into greatness. I ignore that but that one seemingly small detail would have added to the realism even more, in my opinion. Those stupid pink and white blossoming trees that never get leaves or drop their blossoms in the winter. I have always said Sims4 is like playing in worlds created by the Disney studios but blooming trees in the winter? Come on. Even Mickey Mouse would cringe at that. In season plants looking as if they are dying when placed outdoors in the proper season. Less rain! OMG, it rains in my game all the time. But I'm stubborn and refuse to turn it off because what's the fun in having a Seasons EP and not experience the elements? I play around the irritations and try not to allow those to interfere with my enjoyment. In spite of its shortcomings, Seasons is still my favorite Sims4 EP.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The fact that there aren't enough gifts to give. I mean, sure, we have bouquets and all but we should also have heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and/or candies (like Turkish delight perhaps) to give to our Sims' boyfriend/girlfriend on Hearts' Day. You can even give them to your mom or your grandma or something like that. I mean, I"m not just talking about confectioneries as gifts but other stuff like stuffed dolls/animals for kids or some kind of knitting thing for grandmas or the like. We should be able to put game consoles in our Sim's inventory to give away as gifts.

In Sims 3, you can put a car in your Sim's inventory and give it as a gift to their son/daughter who got an A in high school or graduated with flying colors in college.

Is it true? Other than the gift pile (which I know is random), it's not possible to pick any object from a Sim's inventory and give it as a gift?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Is it true? Other than the gift pile (which I know is random), it's not possible to pick any object from a Sim's inventory and give it as a gift?

That would still be "you" the player choosing the gift for the sim, rather than the sim showing some interest or preference towards what he/she would like to receive in the first place.

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »

This goes to highlight an argument i've seen many times by simmers, and a complaint I have as well. Sims don't acknowledge their environment all that well.

When you can delete an entire sofa set that your sim is standing beside and.... nothing. No reaction whatsoever to the suddenly missing furniture... or when you can buy your sims a brand new stove and fridge and they don't seem to even notice or care....... its difficult to expect these same sims to show interest in receiving a particular gift.

What you "do" get however, is a background script assign a notification suggesting that the sims is happy with new surroundings. Which, in my opinion, is a message that should have been sent to the sim instead of (me the player) to encourage the sim to show a little more emotion. I mean really, if they are that happy about the new surroundings they may want to tell their face. The sim seems to be doing the same thing it was doing for the last 20 minutes or so. If she's happy, great, but maybe somebody should tell "her".

Its actually something that has made me not care much about sims environments. They'll happily live in a house with no wallpaper or flooring, the cheapest bed. I'm not even sure they care if there are lights. They don't seem concerned when their water if turned off. I don't have seasons but I wonder if they even care if there is a hole in the roof.
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

Well, you can pick an object from your Sim's inventory and give it as a gift but the objects you can give are a bit limited in a sense that there aren't any sweets or stuffed toys or even stuff for parents and grannies. What's missing here is the fact that there aren't even boxes of chocolates/confectioneries you can give to a lover or even jewelry, for that matter. If you click on a Sim's computer and order gifts, you'll see what I mean. It's mostly books, fruits, some toys...I mean, stuff that you can buy from a bookshelf or from build/buy mode. The stuff for ordering gifts should offer more unique items that should've been added when they created this EP.

I mean, even Sims 1 had heart-shaped boxes of chocolates. Man, sometimes I miss Sims 1 and 2 :P
  • Options

I agree. I know I keep referencing past Sims games (especially 1 and 2) because they seem more interactive not only to their fellow Sims but also to their environment. I remember when I was playing Sims 2, my girl Sim broke up with her boyfriend and then moved on to a new guy. Then after a while (Sim time), they got married and the ex-boyfriend showed up uninvited during the wedding and was crying his heart out right outside the place where my Sim was getting married. It really blew my mind!

In Sims 1, if your Sim is asleep and you turn on the radio or TV, they wake up complaining loudly about the noise, (and they really look so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it) which is fascinating and adorable, in a way. Another thing that I can remember from Sims 1 is the conversation progression wherein when your Sim first meets a fellow Sim, they don't have a lot of conversation options (and I'm not just talking about romantic interactions) but as your relationship progresses, newer options come up. I remember how hard it was to make friends in Sims 1 and 2. It really was quite challenging 'cause even if you keep talking to them, if they don't feel you, then your relationship simply won't progress to the next level that easily. I'm kind of hoping to get that kind of unrequited love-type of relationship in Sims 4 but I guess that's kind of impossible. Anyway, I think I've digressed. Sorry lol

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Its actually something that has made me not care much about sims environments. They'll happily live in a house with no wallpaper or flooring, the cheapest bed. I'm not even sure they care if there are lights. They don't seem concerned when their water if turned off. I don't have seasons but I wonder if they even care if there is a hole in the roof.

This drives me crazy. I remember in TS3 the Sims wood do all that yelling about unpainted painted walls or no lights or floor tiles.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

This drives me crazy. I remember in TS3 the Sims wood do all that yelling about unpainted painted walls or no lights or floor tiles.

Exactly and they would actually get bad mood let's do their mood would be lower because their environment is ugly.
    They even complain about objects that they don't like. Now it feels so disconnected, my sims actually don't react if I buy the a cheap light or an expensive one, it's all for me and I want to feel like sims actually care even if I know they don't.
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    I got annoyed yesterday. My sim was in a vest top & shorts but as it wasn’t the designated hot weather vest top & shorts, she was going to burn to death!!! Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    simszod wrote: »
    For me it definitely is the inability to change climates for each world. In previous Seasons you could change the 4 seasons of the world. Allowing 4 winters or 4 springs, summers, falls.... would be nice if you could change those around. As in some parts of the world they may get snowfall all year or hot typical weather.

Thisthisthisthisthis
  • Options
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    How nobody uses the rinks. Like AT ALL!

I know. Also how you can't make a venue into a proper skating rink party place. Like a real indoor rollerskating rink with food and music and stuff. I tried and it's a mega failure. Nobody wants to use the rink, even when I invite them to go skating with my sim. :<
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Yeah, I miss the days of when I'd buy my sim a lamp or something and they'd go investigate it and be like "UGH, BLEGH!"