Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you dislike about seasons?...

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I wish the holiday traditions would've been at least almost as in-depth as Get Together club activities. I also wish there were more holiday icons.
  • Options
    KittyK8KittyK8 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @drake_mccarty said:
    > I don’t like how Sims never change out of their hot/cold clothing when they go indoors.

Same! I'm like - "Girl, take off that bobble hat! You look stupid!" :lol:
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Btw what holiday with the 2 people sharing blocks suppose to be for?

I don't have the game open so I can't see the icon, but gift giving maybe?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm not a fan of when children or teens get home from school in their everyday wear, and can barely make it to the door without turning blue and almost freezing to death.

But that's probably due to my lack of attention. o:)o:)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The Thermostat bills.
    Most features in Season are just meh, for me (it's my second least favorite EP) but this feature is just badly balanced. Even if its a heatwave you shoudn't have to cheat or move out to pay your bills. My bills went up from 12 500 to almost 39 000 for one week!!!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My bills went up from 12 500 to almost 39 000 for one week!!!

I can understand adding a challenge, but that's just ridiculous.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    My bills went up from 12 500 to almost 39 000 for one week!!!

I can understand adding a challenge, but that's just ridiculous.

It's just not realistic, period. I would be prepared to pay. And even quite a lot. But cap the bill at twice the normal weekly rate seems sensible to me. It still hits hard, especially if you're poor but bought the thermostat to try the features out (my family has over 300 000 in the bank, so I just got annoyed, not panicked).

But yes, I think it needs to be changed to a maximum of 100% increase, aka "Bills x 2".
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Seasons ruined Windenburg island so now I can't play some of my saves.
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »

Details please?
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    Spring trees in the fall!

3KEGEIc.jpg
    1Aj9bVb.jpg
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member

Details please?

It used to be deserted with no walkbys which was perfect for historical play and other challenges. Now after installing seasons random sims walk by my house constantly. This thread talks more about it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943324/seasons-on-winderberg-island#latest
  • Options
    PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    I dislike that there are so few options for children and toddlers to wear as costumes on spooky day. Two of the toddler's options are Christmas outfits (Iit's halloween!) and the other are those monster pyjamas...
  • Options

Details please?

It used to be deserted with no walkbys which was perfect for historical play and other challenges. Now after installing seasons random sims walk by my house constantly. This thread talks more about it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943324/seasons-on-winderberg-island#latest

Haven't played on the island since Seasons. Personally I think that's not a big deal; in fact I find it amusing that the island has the tunnel for the big party place at the bluffs, yet there are no drunk teenagers puking in the bushes all over the place :D
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I love the game so far all but the gardening. My Sims won't plant any thing. They say Spring plants, but they don't plant them in the fall which should be when Spring plants should be planted, same with all Seasons, says it is too cold to plant them. they ones that she did plant look brown and wilted all the time. We can't make the herbal remedies because we can't get the plants we need to do it and. The GARDENing part of the pack is just awful!
  • Options
    EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    I love the game so far all but the gardening. My Sims won't plant any thing. They say Spring plants, but they don't plant them in the fall which should be when Spring plants should be planted, same with all Seasons, says it is too cold to plant them. they ones that she did plant look brown and wilted all the time. We can't make the herbal remedies because we can't get the plants we need to do it and. The GARDENing part of the pack is just awful!

This is another thing I don't like too...but I see what they try to do to make more realistic.
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The bills—or the joggers not wearing appropriate clothing. “YOU FORGOT YOUR SWEATER!”
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    NabiMeko wrote: »

This is another thing I don't like too...but I see what they try to do to make more realistic.

Yes Ilike that part of it, but not that my Sim can't even plant at all. Summer plants should be panted in the Early Spring, There are cold weather plants which come up in the fall and winter and warm weather that come up in the Spring and Summer, but nothing can come up if the Sim won't plant anything at any time.

Also It rains all the time no matter what Season. Get so tired of rain that after a while I just turn it off. There is never any sun.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2018
    cherpar wrote: »
    I've built great outdoor entertaining options for my sims but no electronics in the rain work - fair point. But I am also unable to create a changeable indoor / outdoor entertainment space as I would be able to do in real life if I was as rich as those sims.

Also the speaker breaks every time it rains so I hope that's a bug.

The electronics outside is annoying because my robot vaccum continually goes out in the rain and then stops working. I wish you could lock doors for the vacuums or they'd just fix it so they don't go outside in the first place!
  • Options
    NabiMeko wrote: »

Yes Ilike that part of it, but not that my Sim can't even plant at all. Summer plants should be panted in the Early Spring, There are cold weather plants which come up in the fall and winter and warm weather that come up in the Spring and Summer, but nothing can come up if the Sim won't plant anything at any time.

Also It rains all the time no matter what Season. Get so tired of rain that after a while I just turn it off. There is never any sun.

I alway see rain in my game usually in fall which is weird...I thought rain should be spring O_O
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    I wish the holiday traditions would've been at least almost as in-depth as Get Together club activities. I also wish there were more holiday icons.

I like you sig
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    That you can't customize individual season lengths
    That seasons are SO DRAMATIC. I've played in Newcrest and Willow Creek and they both have extreme weather - way too much snow and rain. That's not how it is in real life - unless you're in Canada or New England or other Northern European countries perhaps.
    Limited Halloween costumes for kids (who really should be the ones enjoying it the most)
    Ruining electronics outside, so the fitness stuff pack is completely useless now as the climbing wall is always broken
    Holidays are just... disappointing. Let us invite guests as a household instead of individually at least. Kids can't help with baking either (unless I'm missing something).

Not too fond of the new gardening system, it's not always obvious which trees are in seasons when everything is snowy.

Let's not mention the bugs...
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I wish the umbrellas were visible in the inventory, I forgot to have one of the children get theirs, and he got soaked on an outing, while the rest of the family had theirs. I've also had them vanish after being used, and not realize it until it's too late.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2018
    - bugs
    - Holidays aren’t as interesting or game changing for my style of gameplay. As @MidnightAura said, they’re basically re-skinned events. I wish sims did a lot more on their own when it came to celebrating the holidays instead of me having to tell everyone to do a specific task to complete the holiday goal. Speaking of, what does completing holiday goals actually do?
    - Some weather effects are a bit off. No rain effects on roofs and the lack of snow depth/dynamic snow. Other than that, the seasonal transitions are beautiful.

ETA: oops I forgot the title said one thing and I said three things.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Umbrellas are bugged. Cold weather clothing is bugged. Sims coming back from work don't change into the appropriate clothing and freeze to death because they just stand there. Sims take down their umbrella for everything they're doing outside and end up soaked.
  • Options
    - bugs
    - Holidays aren’t as interesting or game changing for my style of gameplay. As @MidnightAura said, they’re basically re-skinned events. I wish sims did a lot more on their own when it came to celebrating the holidays instead of me having to tell everyone to do a specific task to complete the holiday goal. Speaking of, what does completing holiday goals actually do?
    - Some weather effects are a bit off. No rain effects on roofs and the lack of snow depth/dynamic snow. Other than that, the seasonal transitions are beautiful.

ETA: oops I forgot the title said one thing and I said three things.

Thats ok! I agree the holiday goal thing too. I think when make holidays, you can omit those?
    25up6pu.jpg