Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is wrong with the game? Please help!

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
I haven't played for a week or two, and I recently updated the game in Origin.

The issue is this: I open the game. I choose a house. I press play. The loading screen is loading. Then suddenly it brings me straight back to the town view. What?! What is happening? I tried several houses. At one house nothing even happened. I had to task manage end the game because the load screen never ended. Does anyone have a solution to this? Know what's causing this?
I have a few CC and mods. But how can a CC or mod cause something this major, it ***** with the entire game.

I really appreciate any help! <3

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    plau wrote: »
    But how can a CC or mod cause something this major, it ***** with the entire game.

Easily. And that is something anyone who puts mods into their game should be aware of. You need to keep them updated.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch and Seasons Pack
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    It would be best to see if any of the mods/cc that you have are Ilisted in the list as broken/updated

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

Thank you! I feel a little stupid now, ofc it was mods.. Oh well, I live and learn.
    Have a great weekend :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I haven't played for a week or two, and I recently updated the game in Origin.

The issue is this: I open the game. I choose a house. I press play. The loading screen is loading. Then suddenly it brings me straight back to the town view. What?! What is happening? I tried several houses. At one house nothing even happened. I had to task manage end the game because the load screen never ended. Does anyone have a solution to this? Know what's causing this?
    I have a few CC and mods. But how can a CC or mod cause something this major, it ***** with the entire game.

I really appreciate any help! <3

Read this first.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16546638/#Comment_16546638

If all else fails....
    Take out all your Saves, Tray, mods and cc and do a repair via Origin. If I have problems I cannot solve with Sims4, I rename the whole Sims4 Folder to something like Sims4A and download everything again and then put the old Saves and Tray back from Sims4A.

You can put back Mods etc., that have been updated according to that list.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you! I feel a little stupid now, ofc it was mods.. Oh well, I live and learn.
    Have a great weekend :)

You’re welcome :)