Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Magic Life

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    No
    aidansays wrote: »
    I'm a bit on the realism side of things. I don't really use the occult life state at all. It was fun at first, but then it seemed like every other pack we had out already. It didn't really change the game at all and just felt like a new coat of paint over the old coat. I like family building and all of that jazz, not playing with magic.

Then don't buy those packs. No one forces you to.
    I understand that people like realism in their Sims game, and I respect it. I don't find Laundry that fun in TS4 and I don't understand why so many people voted for it, but apearently they did. I got the pack for the Clothes and the Decor.
    I enjoy Vampires and I thing they are among the best things added to TS4 so far.
    That is how opinions differ, and that is a good thing. I respect you likeing laundry and not likeing vampires. I just happen not to share that taste.
    Until toddlers and Parenthood, many people were complaining about lack of family gameplay, and I understand that. The Lack of such content was never a game breaker for me, and I rarely use anything from parenthood. Lack of Magic was a gamebreaker for me. Others could not play the game without Toddlers. And I respect that. While I do not use parenthood that much, I am glad it exists. Not for myself, as I don't really bother about it, but for those who want and need it.
    All I ask of you and others like you is to return that respect.
    I am sure you would feel disrespected too, if I was to comment on a thread about freeing babies from their cribs something like "We don't need another crappy realistic family pack. Sims is and always was a fantasy game! give us witches already!"
    I don't know if others do it, as I am not that much on such threads.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Yes
    I am really hoping for Witches this Autumn, mostly likely October, as that is the month that makes most sense as it is home to Hallowe'en. I appreciate the feeling that if the polls were only done a month or two ago then it's going to be a long time away but I have a suspicion that they were done to begin the hype for a GP coming later this year. I think it was a fairly clear guess that Witches would do so well as lots of Simmers have been asking for them for a long time, so they could take the risk of running the polls and not find that the life state they planned to release wasn't the top choice. Of course, that's just both a suspicion and hope on my part.

I hope they treat them as well as they have treated vampires, giving us the option to have Sims that a born witches and ones who can become witches. I also hope they add lots of great build/buy materials, again as they did with vampires, then we can have modern witch Sims living their with-it lives and traditional Witches living much closer to the Earth. I'm hoping for more harvestables, new herbs to enhance the Herbalism we already have so they can brew both helpful and unhelpful potions. I'm also hoping for spell casting, again both light and dark and the ability for light and dark witches to battle each other, again as vampires can.

Like I said, it could just be wishful thinking but I do suspect it was to build the hope for this new life state this year, as well as finding out if there are others we would like for the future.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No
    I'd love a MAGIC pack this year or next.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    No
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    @CeCeDot Explain to me how polls mean nothing.
    Grant tweeted that the poll results will help them decide in what order they are goiung to do the occults.
    to me, this SCREAMS that neither of the 8 occults in the polls are in the making.
    Packs are not done in a month. From the community voting thing that resulted in Laundry day we know that it takes an entire year from the decision what the theme and look the pack should be to its release.
    Even if they started evelopment right after they knew the results it would still be september 2019 at the earliest when we get our hands on that pack.

I agree, however it is possible that they threw an occult or two into the poll to avoid suspicion. I mean, if witches weren't included, wouldn't everyone say that was proof they were already being made? So if they are in the works, it makes sense for them to be in the poll anyway.

Mummies, Unicorns and Dragons were not in there. Neither was Frankensteins Monster or Bigfoot

Right. But those are minor occults; I was referring to the more popular ones that we're likely to get first.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Quit while you’re at it
    I wouldn't mind, but I don't think so, and I'm sure it's the most realistic option.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    No
    Whilst I don’t think it’ll come this year, I do hope it’ll come in the future. I know we all dwell on the past too much but if it was similar to Makin’ Magic, I would be in Sim Heaven.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No
    It was the last one to be added to The Sims so a pack like this might make a lot of work to fit in to all aspects of the game and other packs.
  • Options
    supermilinkasupermilinka Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    [quote="LMcGE;c-16632906"]I am really hoping for Witches this Autumn, mostly likely October, as that is the month that makes most sense as it is home to Hallowe'en. I appreciate the feeling that if the polls were only done a month or two ago then it's going to be a long time away but I have a suspicion that they were done to begin the hype for a GP coming later this year. I think it was a fairly clear guess that Witches would do so well as lots of Simmers have been asking for them for a long time, so they could take the risk of running the polls and not find that the life state they planned to release wasn't the top choice. Of course, that's just both a suspicion and hope on my part.

I hope they treat them as well as they have treated vampires, giving us the option to have Sims that a born witches and ones who can become witches. I also hope they add lots of great build/buy materials, again as they did with vampires, then we can have modern witch Sims living their with-it lives and traditional Witches living much closer to the Earth. I'm hoping for more harvestables, new herbs to enhance the Herbalism we already have so they can brew both helpful and unhelpful potions. I'm also hoping for spell casting, again both light and dark and the ability for light and dark witches to battle each other, again as vampires can.

Like I said, it could just be wishful thinking but I do suspect it was to build the hope for this new life state this year, as well as finding out if there are others we would like for the future.[/quote]

súhlasím
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Yes
    I would love a Magic Life stuff pack. Witches and Fairies were always my favorite life states in Sims 3, and I would love to get a pack for Sims 4. The problem, I think, would be coming up with strengths and drawbacks like they did with Vampires and making life states feel distinct.
  • Options
    ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Yes
    Halloween though... no??
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    No
    No, but I wish they would add more stuff to everything else.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    Demi_DevimonDemi_Devimon Posts: 1 New Member
    come E3 2019 looks like we will be getting some of it THIS year.
    (not a nerco since the topic is preserved)