Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Magic Life

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yes
    I voted Yes, because I'm not sure if 'definitely' applies.
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    Yes
    I think it's a distinct possibility. Just because they are just now doing polls doesn't mean that they haven't already been working on one or more. Imo, witches and werewolves are staples that will eventually make their way into the game at some point (vamps too but we already have those).
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No
    I don't want supernaturals so if they come up with this, I'm not buying.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Yes
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I don't want supernaturals so if they come up with this, I'm not buying.

That wasn't the question. The question was weither there Will be a magic pack this year. Not if you would buy it
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    No
    I was speculateing for a Witches GP in september, butwith those occult polls on Twitter, and the tweet that the polls help them decide which one to do next...
    Fall 2019 at the earliest.
    That is because we know from Laundry Day SP being a Community thing that SPs take one year from the first poll to release.
  • Options
    Yes
    Polls mean nothing, as long as they don't debunk it I'll assume it might come just like any other content. But I think Grant did debunk that werewolves are in the work? I thought they weren't allowed to talk about future content?
  • Options
    No
    Did he? I was unaware.
    Does that mean Werewolves are not even considered in the first place?
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    No
    I agree that it PROBABLY won't be a whole Magic pack. More like separate GPs.
    Also, you're crazy if you think they make these packs in a matter of days. They worked on Seasons for like 4 years. And they work on more than one pack at a time.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Did he? I was unaware.
    Does that mean Werewolves are not even considered in the first place?

"Uh...we are not currently making Werewolves in any way." this is what he tweeted to someone asking about a 'hint' they saw about werewolves
    "Never said we were letting go of them. I will say that I think they're lower on the list in terms of broad storytelling potential and cool gameplay. But, who knows? What do you like about werewolves?" for your other question
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No
    I can't wait to see what's next.
  • Options
    AilurophiletteAilurophilette Posts: 49 Member
    Yes
    I think it's best to have optimism, but honestly I don't think it's on EA's agenda for a while. I think there is some rumour about a farm pack though so i'm keeping my hopes up *fingers crossed* :smile:
    Origin ID: Ailurophilette | The Honeycomb Legacy |
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    No
    This all being said, I am absolutely confident that there WILL be a magic pack sometime down the road, especially since Grant and the other Devs now know, if they didn't before, that a lot of people really want to see Witches in the game.

While I hope it comes sooner than later, I doubt it.
  • Options
    No
    @CeCeDot Explain to me how polls mean nothing.
    Grant tweeted that the poll results will help them decide in what order they are goiung to do the occults.
    to me, this SCREAMS that neither of the 8 occults in the polls are in the making.
    Packs are not done in a month. From the community voting thing that resulted in Laundry day we know that it takes an entire year from the decision what the theme and look the pack should be to its release.
    Even if they started evelopment right after they knew the results it would still be september 2019 at the earliest when we get our hands on that pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    Grant tweeted that the poll results will help them decide in what order they are goiung to do the occults.
    to me, this SCREAMS that neither of the 8 occults in the polls are in the making.
    Packs are not done in a month. From the community voting thing that resulted in Laundry day we know that it takes an entire year from the decision what the theme and look the pack should be to its release.
    Even if they started evelopment right after they knew the results it would still be september 2019 at the earliest when we get our hands on that pack.

What I said in regards to your comment. The poll doesn't say anything about what is currently being developed. It's true that grant is going to use this information regarding which supernatural/occult is currently most wanted, but that doesn't mean there couldn't have been a startup. The timing of this poll seems suspicious as well. Maybe they have already decided to do another occult in a gamepack, but wanted to know if whatever they are developing is really wanted?

This was probably the start of the polls:

It took less than a whole year to let the community vote for a stuff pack, correct. But they had to produce many different themes for different vote option, which probably doubled the work that usually goes into it. My guess, stuff packs take at least 3/4 of a year.

In the end it's just my speculation, you don't have to believe it. But to me anything is possible
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    No
    Even if that were all true, Game Packs take more effort and half the Dev Team has been fired just a while ago.
    In order for a witches pack to come out this year, it would have to have been in developement since third quarter 2017 or longer.
    And if that were the case, why do a poll in the first place? What if their assumption was prooven false by this poll? How would they present Mermaids Gamepack after Witches won? How would they present Werwolf Gameplack after Werewolves made the second to last place?
    That is a Risk they would have had to take. Unless the polls are rigged and therefore fake.
    (Not an accusation. Just Speculation)
  • Options
    Yes
    Even if that were all true, Game Packs take more effort and half the Dev Team has been fired just a while ago.
    In order for a witches pack to come out this year, it would have to have been in developement since third quarter 2017 or longer.
    And if that were the case, why do a poll in the first place? What if their assumption was prooven false by this poll? How would they present Mermaids Gamepack after Witches won? How would they present Werwolf Gameplack after Werewolves made the second to last place?
    That is a Risk they would have had to take. Unless the polls are rigged and therefore fake.

I can definitely see your points, it's just that I think differently about it.
    Yes guru's / devs have been fired, but how many were hired? It's something we don't know, because be don't work there. (let's refrain from discussing this topic, because it might result in the closing of this thread)
  • Options
    WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    I'm just really hoping if they do it, they do it as realistic as possible.
    c22.jpg
  • Options
    No
    CeCeDot wrote: »

I can definitely see your points, it's just that I think differently about it.
    Yes guru's / devs have been fired, but how many were hired? It's something we don't know, because be don't work there. (let's refrain from discussing this topic, because it might result in the closing of this thread)

I have never seen any evidence that they hired anyone except Kate, but you're right. I don't know at all.
    Let's agree to disagree as you suggested.
    A poll to tease for a witches GP, with some EA employees hired to create and later delete fake twitter accounts to vote for the pack they are working on in order to boost witches if needed would actually make sense marketing wise. But if it became public that the poll was fake, no one would trust the Gurus ever again.
    Again. Not accuseing of anything. Just speculateing.
    I could still be wrong. I would love to be wrong on this one. However, if I am wrong, I'd like to be proven wrong.
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I think there will be an expansion pack, but only with witches. :neutral: It seems we have to buy every supernatural creature separately...
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    No
    Yes, I think there will be an expansion pack, but only with witches. :neutral: It seems we have to buy every supernatural creature separately...

Why does everyone think Witches are coming this year? I want them more than anything else in the Sims, but I am seeing more evidence that they are not coming for at least another year than that it will be in september. I speculated them to come in september before, sure. But I consider myself proven wrong about this.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's cool it on the speculation over employees, thanks. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    No

I agree, however it is possible that they threw an occult or two into the poll to avoid suspicion. I mean, if witches weren't included, wouldn't everyone say that was proof they were already being made? So if they are in the works, it makes sense for them to be in the poll anyway.
  • Options
    No
    IceyJ wrote: »

I agree, however it is possible that they threw an occult or two into the poll to avoid suspicion. I mean, if witches weren't included, wouldn't everyone say that was proof they were already being made? So if they are in the works, it makes sense for them to be in the poll anyway.

Mummies, Unicorns and Dragons were not in there. Neither was Frankensteins Monster or Bigfoot
  • Options
    Yes
    IceyJ wrote: »

Mummies, Unicorns and Dragons were not in there. Neither was Frankensteins Monster or Bigfoot

Let's agree to disagree. Nobody is wrong and nobody is right. It is speculation afterall
  • Options
    aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    Quit while you’re at it
    I'm a bit on the realism side of things. I don't really use the occult life state at all. It was fun at first, but then it seemed like every other pack we had out already. It didn't really change the game at all and just felt like a new coat of paint over the old coat. I like family building and all of that jazz, not playing with magic.