Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What needs to be fixed ASAP

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Ok, I've looked and looked all over and can't seem to find the answer for this -

How on God's green Earth do you move from a "starter" home and into a "family-sized" home?

EA decided to take the option/ability of moving a growing family from the players for some reason. Is there a way they can put it back in?

I dunno about y'all, but my First home was definitely NOT my forever home (though I was born in a military family, so moving is in my blood).

aww, after reading so many of what really bothers simmers in sims 4 and what they need to be changed so that they can enjoy the game, I could not see any solutions other than EA coming to their rescue.

But for you, I hope its as simple as it seems to me.
    I think you have just overlooked the area, on your phone where you travel, volunteer and go on vacations with your family, Its also where you click to move your household and the family all get to pick their new home. you can move anyplace you can afford, also to any city. Even if you're broke, its always motherlode, and cheats that will make all homes free. I hope its this easy for you. :) I love to move too.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Ok, I've looked and looked all over and can't seem to find the answer for this -

How on God's green Earth do you move from a "starter" home and into a "family-sized" home?

EA decided to take the option/ability of moving a growing family from the players for some reason. Is there a way they can put it back in?

I dunno about y'all, but my First home was definitely NOT my forever home (though I was born in a military family, so moving is in my blood).

aww, after reading so many of what really bothers simmers in sims 4 and what they need to be changed so that they can enjoy the game, I could not see any solutions other than EA coming to their rescue.

But for you, I hope its as simple as it seems to me.
    I think you have just overlooked the area, on your phone where you travel, volunteer and go on vacations with your family, Its also where you click to move your household and the family all get to pick their new home. you can move anyplace you can afford, also to any city. Even if you're broke, its always motherlode, and cheats that will make all homes free. I hope its this easy for you. :) I love to move too.

The option is also on the Computer under the Household option.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    What bothers me:

- emotions, I wish they would last longer and negative emotions would override positive ones depending on the situation. And sims weren't happy all the time. I wish even if they are happy they don't have that huge smile on their face and instead just a really slight one like in rl.
    - Traits, I wish these had more of an impact on how sims react to certain things and I wish there were more.
    - I wish sims would react to certain stuff like their children misbehaving and other stuff happening around them.
    - Sims should have to sneak in when they break they're curfew. Like if their parents see them then they would autonomously "react" to it and would get mad or sad based on their traits, parenting skill etc. Then you can chose how the parent punishes their child.
    - Babies should be more fleshed out and should be freed from the bassinet. I want to be able to take them on walks in a stroller and have a playpen they can play in, use a changing table to change their diaper, etc.

What I love:

- Pets, I just love how unique they are and they are so fun to play with.
    - Toddlers, those little devils are the cutest thing and the most annoying thing at the same time. But that's also how I feel about my 4 yr old nephew so...
    - Selvadorada, I have so much fun playing in this world. I love the scenery and the culture, it's just amazing.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    @wyn @MzPigglyPooh and @FurSimsOriginal You can use the resetsim [firstname] [lastname] cheat as a replacement until the "Reset Object" cheat is fixed.

What I'm getting at isn't about a sim getting stuck so I have to reset them. You cancel an action that is qued and the sim will still go all the way to the object and then finally stop. For example, When my sim goes to the fridge to get food while another sim just made food and I cancel that action, the sim will still get the food out of the fridge and then either place it down on the counter or put it back in the fridge. Another example is a sim trying to go all the way upstairs to do something. I cancel the action before they get to the stairs but they still go all the way up to the object they were trying to use before stopping. The point is once the action is canceled they should stop immediately. Using a reset cheat does not resolve anything.

Okay, I understand. I'd like this to be fixed as well. @wyn was saying how they use the reset object cheat, so I thought this info may be of use to you as a workaround :) When the reset object cheat first broke, I forgot about the resetsim cheat, so I thought it might be helpful to you all :) With the newest patch, though, the shift-click reset object cheat has been added back into the game.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    @wyn @MzPigglyPooh and @FurSimsOriginal You can use the resetsim [firstname] [lastname] cheat as a replacement until the "Reset Object" cheat is fixed.

What I'm getting at isn't about a sim getting stuck so I have to reset them. You cancel an action that is qued and the sim will still go all the way to the object and then finally stop. For example, When my sim goes to the fridge to get food while another sim just made food and I cancel that action, the sim will still get the food out of the fridge and then either place it down on the counter or put it back in the fridge. Another example is a sim trying to go all the way upstairs to do something. I cancel the action before they get to the stairs but they still go all the way up to the object they were trying to use before stopping. The point is once the action is canceled they should stop immediately. Using a reset cheat does not resolve anything.

Okay, I understand. I'd like this to be fixed as well. @wyn was saying how they use the reset object cheat, so I thought this info may be of use to you as a workaround :) When the reset object cheat first broke, I forgot about the resetsim cheat, so I thought it might be helpful to you all :) With the newest patch, though, the shift-click reset object cheat has been added back into the game.

I honestly wish that were the case :( if that was a fix Id be so happy lol. but this has been in my game since before the patch but its seemingly gotten worse over time. I'm glad they added it back as I do use it when sims get stuck.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I hate reclaiming beds after each woohoo. It’s ridiculous.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I hate reclaiming beds after each woohoo. It’s ridiculous.

yes, and we need the ability to claim other items like computers and desks. I hate having to chase the children away from the dad's computer and force them to use theirs instead. I know I can lock the doors... but I *do* want my sims to hang out together--I just want them to respect each other's stuff.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I think sims 4 is the best sims game so far (i have played since sims 1) but there are thing that really bothers me, like when your sims go to school/ work they just disappear in front of your house, same when sims come trick or treating they just come out from nothing in front of your house. I don't mind there are loading screens in sims because you can still walk out side of your home lot ( limited tho) but when sims just disappear and show up from nothing kinda kills the mood of ¨alive town¨. Second thing that i don't like that much is that u cant place apartments any other town than in San myshuno and that you could make new apartments and row houses.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    > @Charlotta11 said:
    > I think sims 4 is the best sims game so far (i have played since sims 1) but there are thing that really bothers me, like when your sims go to
    > school/ work they just disappear in front of your house, same when sims come trick or treating they just come out from nothing in front of
    > your house.

Sims 2 had loading screens just like Sims 4, but they still had vehicles and animations. I can still remember my business tycoon Sim getting picked up and dropped off by helicopter. Kind of a shame that they don't do that anymore.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really wish they would add another personality system and/or improve the current one. It doesn't have enough of an effect on sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    What they need to do is admit they messed up, that the game engine makes a Yugo look like a Caddy by comparison, and start fresh, using as a model the game that actually worked. TS2. It may have aged, but it isn't old. Have read elsewhere on the forums a good while ago that EA already has a great engine in house. Why not use it?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    What they need to do is admit they messed up, that the game engine makes a Yugo look like a Caddy by comparison, and start fresh, using as a model the game that actually worked. TS2. It may have aged, but it isn't old. Have read elsewhere on the forums a good while ago that EA already has a great engine in house. Why not use it?

Frostbite?

It's far from ready to be used on a game like the sims, although TS4's engine is nowhere near the level it should be, they are just too different.

The ME:A team also had huge problems in adding new tech to it since it wasn't ready for the companion AI.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @SimChessack yep sims got loading screens but sims 2 is much older game that sims 4. And in sims 3 we got open world what was new to the sims but my point was that i don't mind about loading screens but i wish sims would show up further than in front of your house. Like sims that will show up in my house lot almost show up in front of my house door. If someone come to my house or my sims come from work i would like that they will walk up to my house in a distance not just teleport in front of my door. If i go to the community lot then its okay to just teleport there.
    Sims 4 don't have open map but its still semi open, like i can walk outside of my home lot unlike in sims 2, so i would expect that sims that come to my house will walk at a distance to there not just teleport.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    One thing that annoys me is how I have to keep telling my butlers what their responsibilities are. I think it resets after rotating. I do like how detailed the sims look compared to previous games.
  • Options
    > @Charlotta11 said:
    > @SimChessack yep sims got loading screens but sims 2 is much older game that sims 4. And in sims 3 we got open world what was new to the sims but my point was that i don't mind about loading screens but i wish sims would show up further than in front of your house. Like sims that will show up in my house lot almost show up in front of my house door. If someone come to my house or my sims come from work i would like that they will walk up to my house in a distance not just teleport in front of my door. If i go to the community lot then its okay to just teleport there.
    > Sims 4 don't have open map but its still semi open, like i can walk outside of my home lot unlike in sims 2, so i would expect that sims that come to my house will walk at a distance to there not just teleport.

My point was that in Sims 2, which was not an open world, they still had vehicle animations. Which was much more realistic than "beam me down, scotty."
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2018
    Teleporting sims!!! I really hope they fix this ASAP! It's really disappointing when you are trying to record a video for your story and then your sim teleports to do dishes or to sit down etc.
  • Options
    @SimChessack oh okay, i wasnt sure what u meant. Yep, Im still waiting cars. maybe some day... :smiley:
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Athene_NoctuaAthene_Noctua Posts: 18 Member
    I want to see kids added - there aren’t any kids in the game, just small and tiny adults who can do fewer things. Toddlers are simply adults who can’t talk and walk. Don’t believe me…? Look at how a parent interacts with a toddler. - it really isn’t any different to how they’d interact with another adult. Kids can be taken away if parents don’t feed or bath them , but it’s perfectly permissible to take a toddler out into the middle of San Myshuno and leave them there. Oh and whilst I’m ranting about toddlers, how is it that a kid left in the middle of SM is able to find their way home…?! Has NOBODY at Maxis ever had any interaction with anyone below the age of 18…?! I’m not American, so perhaps American toddlers are particularly precocious but, here in the UK, 2 and 3-year-olds have no clue where ‘home’ is, much less how to get there! I was pleased when TS3 added a buggy, but parents then called someone to come to wherever they were and pick the kid up! You take the kids to the park, you bring them home from the park, you don’t abandon them for someone else to collect!

Oh and if you do see a lost kid what is your first instinct - I’d hope it’s to try to locate a parent, but abandoned kids are simply ignored, more evidence that the game simply treats them as tiny adults.

Secondly, toddlers have no sense of danger - and yet they’re allowed to wander around besides uncovered swimming pools, and into kitchens with unlocked drawers and cupboards, they can wander around freely alongside busy main roads - these aren’t toddlers, they’re tiny adults!

Now lets look at what toddlers are fed - it seems to be mainly cereal, apple sauce, peas, crisps, crackers, PB&J sarnies, and chicken nuggets, a diet which should see them all suffering from rickets, (pernicious) anaemia, beri beri, kwashiorkor, pellagra - in fact, by rights, they should all be dead from malnutrition.

Primary school-age kids seem to be the most confused:

1. They can run their own baths, but are still terrified of the monster under the bed
    2. They can hold a pencil to write, but not to draw (not until their creativity is above level 3 at least)
    3. They can travel to and from friends’ houses alone
    4. They can’t organise events, but can hire services
    5. They can be invited by adults to join adult clubs (and nobody’s ever thought to worry about said adults being paedos…?!)
    6. Like adults they suddenly get they urge to drop and do sit-ups/press-ups (seriously, Maxis, WTAF…?! When has any child ever done that…?! When has any adult ever done it to that…?!)

HOW OLD ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO BE…?! What the game so ably demonstrates is that you CANNOT cover the years from nursery to GCSE (as ‘teens’ appear to be around 16) in a single character - that’s at least 3 different life stages and I don’t see why by now it can’t be possible to have kids that a) act appropriately at their various life stages and b) transition more gradually (0-3, 3-5, 5-7 7-10, 10-13, 13-16, 16-adult). Each life stage should be distinct (like teens doing the same school projects as primary kids).

I’d also like to see the elderly behaving as though they’re elderly, not simply adults with grey hair and wrinkles (when was the last time a 90+ year old dropped and did sit-ups…?!). Whilst we’re on the subject, only toddlers and the elderly should be capable of losing control of their bladders.

Finally, when Will Wright was asked why the Sims didn’t speak English, he said it was because he wanted to make the game “universal” - well here we are, 4 incarnations in, and I cannot envisage how the game could POSSIBLY be made more American. There are so many things I’d like to be able to do, but never will, because they’re not American. I’d like to be able to build a converted lighthouse, but we’ll never get spiral staircases, nor round rooms (I don’t understand why I can have a round roof, but not a round room); I’d like to build an oasthouse but, there again, I’d need to be able to build a round tower. I’d like to be able to design a multi-purpose estate, but I can’t because buildings can only be either communal OR residential, not both. It’d have about a dozen self-contained flats, a laundrette, a communal kids play area, a computer room, an indoor activity room, a communal lounge, dining room, kitchen and games room. It would also mean I’d like the lift back.

This is me just getting started, I've plenty more - like the colour wheel from 3 (you want a purple bath…? Yes, I want a purple bath. Can't have it. I don't like to use CC, this is a Mac and I have enough problems with the game as it is!), the terrain tool, multi-height rooms (who has a shed the same height as their house…?). Buildings that are constructed completely from glass (greenhouses, conservatories, etc). A full blown genetics engine - 'play with genetics' at the moment simply means changing skin, hair and eye colour to match a parent, even if the parents have unnatural coloured skin, hair and eyes). Hair accessories that can be independently coloured (just like in 3). Hair colour per outfit (who has pink hair all the time?). Why can't I have purple hair (not that lilac rinse, proper deep amethyst)? You shouldn't be able to choose traits for kids, they should inherit them.

There are people who seem to think that I should just "be grateful" for the game as it is, but why should I…? If you pay a premium price you expect a premium product, and as EA uses a $1=£1 exchange rate, I'm getting an even worse deal that you are over there! Why should I "be grateful"…? Would you be happy if you'd paid £1000s for a luxury holiday and, when you arrive at the resort you find your 5* hotel is really nothing more than a shack and, when you phoned the tour operator to complain they simply said you should be grateful for what you've got? It's about getting value for money.

Oh and does anyone else think it's weird you can't smoke bees - I don't mean crush 'em up and stick them in a Rizla, I mean smoke them to calm them. Puffing smoke into the hive before you open it greatly reduces the chances of you being stung because the smoke disorientates them and makes them sleepy.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    They need to make it so married sims can't flirt autonomously, especially with sims of the same gender when they're married to sims of the opposite gender. There have been so any times where I've played an family and the welcoming brigade comes to greet them when the move in, and I just start them off with a normal conversation and all of a sudden they're flirting with another sim of the same gender when they're already married. It's so annoying.
  • Options
    > @ListentoToppDogg said:
    > They need to make it so married sims can't flirt autonomously.

Yup, had this happen in my Legacy. Husband and wife, just married a day or two ago. They invited their club member friends over for a gathering at the "house" (mostly an empty lot at this point). I had the cardboard box dance floor and a radio, so I had them turn on the radio and do group dancing. I dunno what happened, but I hopped control to the husband or something, and next thing I knew he had an angry moodlet from his wife flirting with someone else in front of him.

What the heck? They were NOT flirty at the time -- they were happy.

I know you are not supposed to reload a Legacy but *bleep* that. I had just done a save like 5 minutes earlier so I reloaded. And then I made sure to exert iron-clad control over both of them whenever there was a club gathering.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I want to see kids added - there aren’t any kids in the game, just small and tiny adults who can do fewer things. Toddlers are simply adults who can’t talk and walk. Don’t believe me…? Look at how a parent interacts with a toddler. - it really isn’t any different to how they’d interact with another adult. Kids can be taken away if parents don’t feed or bath them , but it’s perfectly permissible to take a toddler out into the middle of San Myshuno and leave them there. Oh and whilst I’m ranting about toddlers, how is it that a kid left in the middle of SM is able to find their way home…?! Has NOBODY at Maxis ever had any interaction with anyone below the age of 18…?! I’m not American, so perhaps American toddlers are particularly precocious but, here in the UK, 2 and 3-year-olds have no clue where ‘home’ is, much less how to get there! I was pleased when TS3 added a buggy, but parents then called someone to come to wherever they were and pick the kid up! You take the kids to the park, you bring them home from the park, you don’t abandon them for someone else to collect!

Oh and if you do see a lost kid what is your first instinct - I’d hope it’s to try to locate a parent, but abandoned kids are simply ignored, more evidence that the game simply treats them as tiny adults.

Secondly, toddlers have no sense of danger - and yet they’re allowed to wander around besides uncovered swimming pools, and into kitchens with unlocked drawers and cupboards, they can wander around freely alongside busy main roads - these aren’t toddlers, they’re tiny adults!

Now lets look at what toddlers are fed - it seems to be mainly cereal, apple sauce, peas, crisps, crackers, PB&J sarnies, and chicken nuggets, a diet which should see them all suffering from rickets, (pernicious) anaemia, beri beri, kwashiorkor, pellagra - in fact, by rights, they should all be dead from malnutrition.

Primary school-age kids seem to be the most confused:

1. They can run their own baths, but are still terrified of the monster under the bed
    2. They can hold a pencil to write, but not to draw (not until their creativity is above level 3 at least)
    3. They can travel to and from friends’ houses alone
    4. They can’t organise events, but can hire services
    5. They can be invited by adults to join adult clubs (and nobody’s ever thought to worry about said adults being paedos…?!)
    6. Like adults they suddenly get they urge to drop and do sit-ups/press-ups (seriously, Maxis, WTAF…?! When has any child ever done that…?! When has any adult ever done it to that…?!)

HOW OLD ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO BE…?! What the game so ably demonstrates is that you CANNOT cover the years from nursery to GCSE (as ‘teens’ appear to be around 16) in a single character - that’s at least 3 different life stages and I don’t see why by now it can’t be possible to have kids that a) act appropriately at their various life stages and b) transition more gradually (0-3, 3-5, 5-7 7-10, 10-13, 13-16, 16-adult). Each life stage should be distinct (like teens doing the same school projects as primary kids).

I’d also like to see the elderly behaving as though they’re elderly, not simply adults with grey hair and wrinkles (when was the last time a 90+ year old dropped and did sit-ups…?!). Whilst we’re on the subject, only toddlers and the elderly should be capable of losing control of their bladders.

Finally, when Will Wright was asked why the Sims didn’t speak English, he said it was because he wanted to make the game “universal” - well here we are, 4 incarnations in, and I cannot envisage how the game could POSSIBLY be made more American. There are so many things I’d like to be able to do, but never will, because they’re not American. I’d like to be able to build a converted lighthouse, but we’ll never get spiral staircases, nor round rooms (I don’t understand why I can have a round roof, but not a round room); I’d like to build an oasthouse but, there again, I’d need to be able to build a round tower. I’d like to be able to design a multi-purpose estate, but I can’t because buildings can only be either communal OR residential, not both. It’d have about a dozen self-contained flats, a laundrette, a communal kids play area, a computer room, an indoor activity room, a communal lounge, dining room, kitchen and games room. It would also mean I’d like the lift back.

This is me just getting started, I've plenty more - like the colour wheel from 3 (you want a purple bath…? Yes, I want a purple bath. Can't have it. I don't like to use CC, this is a Mac and I have enough problems with the game as it is!), the terrain tool, multi-height rooms (who has a shed the same height as their house…?). Buildings that are constructed completely from glass (greenhouses, conservatories, etc). A full blown genetics engine - 'play with genetics' at the moment simply means changing skin, hair and eye colour to match a parent, even if the parents have unnatural coloured skin, hair and eyes). Hair accessories that can be independently coloured (just like in 3). Hair colour per outfit (who has pink hair all the time?). Why can't I have purple hair (not that lilac rinse, proper deep amethyst)? You shouldn't be able to choose traits for kids, they should inherit them.

There are people who seem to think that I should just "be grateful" for the game as it is, but why should I…? If you pay a premium price you expect a premium product, and as EA uses a $1=£1 exchange rate, I'm getting an even worse deal that you are over there! Why should I "be grateful"…? Would you be happy if you'd paid £1000s for a luxury holiday and, when you arrive at the resort you find your 5* hotel is really nothing more than a shack and, when you phoned the tour operator to complain they simply said you should be grateful for what you've got? It's about getting value for money.

Oh and does anyone else think it's weird you can't smoke bees - I don't mean crush 'em up and stick them in a Rizla, I mean smoke them to calm them. Puffing smoke into the hive before you open it greatly reduces the chances of you being stung because the smoke disorientates them and makes them sleepy.

Gosh the things about the toddlers and children, SO MUCH YES!
    the thing about how they hold the pencil greatly annoys me x.x

ts2 kids at least feel like kids x.x

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I too am over the festival notifications. Now that I know we can buy fireworks through the computer and I can learn the recipes through a mod I downloaded, I have absolutely no reason to ever go to a festival again.
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    I would like for Sims to wash dishes in the kitchen sink, and not go to an upstairs bathroom to do it. Wish sims would respond quicker to commands.
  • Options
    > @WillKDavid said:
    > I would like for Sims to wash dishes in the kitchen sink, and not go to an upstairs bathroom to do it. Wish sims would respond quicker to commands.

+1 for both of these.

I find it odd that the game cannot figure out that the sink 5 pixels away and nearer than the one so far away that it is not even on-screen. I can see in a room that has multiple sinks that they wouldn't be able to pick the closest as they'd be splitting hairs. But when the kitchen sink is right there, and they go all the way to the back of the house (on a 50x50 lot this is quite some distance), I can't understand why the game is unable to realize this is much farther away.

And I also agree about responding to commands. I can't tell you how many times I give a command, wait a beat or two, and then yell at the screen (and the Sim, who of course can't hear me), "DO IT!!!" I have in frustration sometimes clicked the same activity over and over again to fill the queue up with it, just to hope it will make them actually start doing the thing for crying out loud. Even worse is when I give them an order like "Get Leftovers", and wait until they start doing so, click off them to another Sim, come back to them and they are painting or something, having never gone to the fridge the second I moved my control to their sister.

Sims seem to have a particularly hard time following toddler interaction orders in a timely fashion (or even correctly). I have had to manually deal with this by having them "pick up" a toddler -- PAUSE! as soon as they do because they will put it down right away, since apparently they don't think I want them to keep holding it -- and then click next to the tub or baby potty or bed and choose "put so-and-so down here." Then when they do that, I do the bathe or read to sleep interaction -- because if I try it from too far away, it's 2-to-1 and pick-em whether the Sims will follow my commands or just stand there looking confused. Or do something else entirely.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think personalities seriously needs an overhaul. A lot of simmers asked for this since a long time ago but they still didn't did anything for this, after 4 years what a shame! They are aware of this but they prefer to avoid it. This team really miss of ambition. It's crazy to think that a team from 2004 with harder technology were more ambitious than a team in 2018 with all the technology that we have now.
    Lu4ERme.gif