Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are "no work" holidays supposed to take away my work vacation days???

So, winterfest is on a Thursday and my sims normally work on Thursdays. Of course, this is a "no work/no school" holiday and they did not go to work, were never prompted to, never made any calls to call out of work, etc.

After the holiday was over I realized they were down to 2 vacation days each when they had 3 each. I created a test file and played through another no work/no school holiday and watched the vacation days for the adults AND the children (their school vacation days) and it takes away from it!

Is this a glitch or is it supposed to be this way? It's so bizarre...

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    That's not fair. Hopefully they fix that.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin - Is this intentional?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Wonder what happens if you've used all your vacation time?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was wondering about that, too. I was under the impression the holidays were 'free' days and your vacation days stayed the same.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Oh my word....
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    i really hope this isnt intentional because i was hoping to create summer break holidays all of summer to represent summer vacation.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Oh no, I hope this isn't by design! Would be good to get clarification as to whether it's a bug or not. I would expect holidays to not touch vacation time.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    Following
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    I feel like its probably just a small bug that will be fixed? Is anyone else experiencing this? I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me. I do have mods and cc so i thought that maybe something was getting messed up from that
    Wonder what happens if you've used all your vacation time?

I was thinking the same thing! Lol.

• Options
    @SimGuruGeorge, I can see how if we just four "statutory" holidays a year could use up a Sim's vacation days, and a lot of players might use the longer seasons precisely so there can be a lot of holidays. Could we maybe at least get an "Add Vacation Day" cheat?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    i really hope this isnt intentional because i was hoping to create summer break holidays all of summer to represent summer vacation.

I haven't gotten to a day off holiday yet, but I've got 2 of my 4 summer weeks as Summer Vacation and they're all day off holidays. I don't think my sims have that much vacation time.
  • Options
    YamariyaYamariya Posts: 44 Member
    Question about the event days scheduling... I clink on my sims birthday to set up a scheduled party but it tries to have it at the same moment I schedule it. Is that the event schedule purpose or can I future date events? I tweeted this just now but maybe one of my fellow simmers could answer this since I just started playing seasons today.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @SimGuruGeorge So what I understand is, that by taking vacation days for holidays we can still get paychecks on those days, but we can't actually create extended break holidays because then it'll take away all our vacation days and means that we won't get paychecks/school progress yet still remain in our current jobs/school grade? I'm trying to wrap my head around this.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SimGuruGeorge I’d like to second @luthienrising request for a paid time off cheat. I understand why you guys would choose to make it that way. The great thing though about the sims is we all play it differently. We should get a equal way to make it balance out so that we can continue to all choose to play it the way we prefer to.

@Yamariya that’s a reported bug in the game ;)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @SimGuruGeorge I’d like to second @luthienrising request for a paid time off cheat. I understand why you guys would choose to make it that way. The great thing though about the sims is we all play it differently. We should get a equal way to make it balance out so that we can continue to all choose to play it the way we prefer to.

Add in a third for me on that one!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I can understand why but its disappointing for those playing on longer seasons taking multiple days off in a row to represent holidays.

Shame there is no unpaid leave option.

That would work for me, too! I'd love that option.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I see why it's intended but... that's just bad design. I can't imagine that a Sim starting a new job on 7 day seasons will not run out of vacation days faster that they will earn them.
  • Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SimGuruGeorge Would you guys be willing to maybe look into increasing the rate at which Sims earn vacation days, or adding more ways to earn them, for players with packs like Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and/or Seasons? With those packs, there are so many things for Sims to do, but not enough time to do it.

Another option could be to have the holidays in Seasons use a different system altogether rather than using the standard vacation days (in real life, holidays do not take away from your vacation days, so why should they in the game?). The way I see such a system, is quite simple, just allow us to have a certain number of school or paid work days off per Sim year for holidays (separate from vacation days), the exact number of days depending on the length we have our seasons set to. I totally agree that it shouldn't be an unlimited number of days.
    Post edited by mr014 on
  • Options
    There's a lot of people posting on Twitter that they're happy about how the new system works, so I'm even more convinced that a cheat to add vacation days or being able to take unpaid days off would be reasonable solutions.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2018
    I get that it would have been exploitable, but at the same time.. if you take too many holidays you wouldn't be able to increase your performance at work or school. The system already had measures to make the exploit unfavorable. I disagree with the design decision.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)