Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that could be improved about seasons

Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
Just a few things I noticed...

Sims standing in the rain even with free will on until they are soaked.. instead of going inside
Kids can't change the thermostat
No permanent setting on the thermostat and we keep having to change it (ugh). Couldn't find a way to see what the temperature is inside either?
Couldn't find the 'holiday decorations' category in buy mode
Umbrellas don't show in Sims inventory so you have no way to know if that Sim picked one up yet or not
I haven't seen my Sims autonomously play on the swingset yet :(

Also my Sims seem to forget what bed is theirs and keep going to sleep in a random one...

Comments

• Options
    Also... only two costumes for kids? Really?
  • Options
    Also... the swing isn't fun, apparently...
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I bought this after watching the LPs thinking EA finally got it together, but why in my game that's set on LONG, are seasons just 7 days long?
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I bought this after watching the LPs thinking EA finally got it together, but why in my game that's set on LONG, are seasons just 7 days long?

You can change the length of the seasons to a week, 2 weeks, or four weeks. I am pretty sure its in the game options menu.

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

In your options there is an option for seasons, there you will find a place to change the seasons length, 7 days, 3 weeks or 4 weeks.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

That's just separate settings you can easily change, and I think it's better that way. Some simmers may want to have more time with their Sims and play on long lifespan, but at the same time they want more dynamic enviroment so that means shorter seasons for them.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Thank you @joyfulsimmer and @06Bon06
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »

@Francl27 Personally for me, I'm really glad that they've brought the swings back to the game. I Remember the things that they said of why we still don't have swings in the game. They simply answered that swings will be a really complicated object in the game with many hard animations and that the only way that we can get them is by buying it.

And now we're getting it in Seasons!!! Rejoice, Rejoice, . And I'm really happy about it. Anyways, I still respect your opinion though.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Sims standing in the rain even with free will on until they are soaked.. instead of going inside
    No permanent setting on the thermostat and we keep having to change it (ugh). Couldn't find a way to see what the temperature is inside either?
    Umbrellas don't show in Sims inventory so you have no way to know if that Sim picked one up yet or not

Also my Sims seem to forget what bed is theirs and keep going to sleep in a random one...

Hm the umbrella thing I agree with. I wish they were an item in the inventory.
    The sims not running inside maybe it depends how hard its raining, my sim went to the romance festival and everyone ran in a small cafe I had beside it even the vendors. Had to finish the date with unconformable sims in the cafe lol.
  • Options

@Francl27 Personally for me, I'm really glad that they've brought the swings back to the game. I Remember the things that they said of why we still don't have swings in the game. They simply answered that swings will be a really complicated object in the game with many hard animations and that the only way that we can get them is by buying it.

And now we're getting it in Seasons!!! Rejoice, Rejoice, . And I'm really happy about it. Anyways, I still respect your opinion though.

I love the swing! It's just that my kid Sim played on it, and her fun decreased, lol.
  • Options
    haygsuphaygsup Posts: 13 New Member
    Couldn't buy a present while on a date?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    The snowball / mud / waterballoon fight animations should be "quicker" and more fluent instead of Sims just standing around and doing nothing for some time until throwing the next ball.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    I don't have seasons yet and I'm nervous to pick it up now. But the thermostat issue seems like a real nuisance and the umbrella should definitely be in the inventory. And the bed thing has been going on for the longest. I can't believe they still haven't fixed that. I have to reclaim the bed every single time I turn the game on.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018

-Also my Sims seem to forget what bed is theirs and keep going to sleep in a random one...

-Haven't had any problem with Sims just standing out in thee rain. That sounds like you might have simulation lag possibly?

-Who needs kids playing with the thermostat? XD I remember my grandad would tell me to never touch it. The option would still be nice

-Temperature seems to be based on how it is outside when I played around with it. The sims don't seem to be too effected if I don't have a thermostat installed.

-I just filter it by Seasons and clicking 'Show all'. The holiday decorations tab seems to only appear when a holiday comes up and gives you suggestions to what to use for that holiday when the pop up comes up.

-Would like to see an umbrella in their inventory usually I'll click on the umbrella stand to make sure my sim had one. Which is odd because you'll get a broken umbrella in your inventory if you sims umbrella breaks.

-Kids have definitely been playing on the swingset autonomously and older sims too especially when I went to thee park.

-Did you have your Sims claim a bed when you clicked on it? I haven't heard of this problem with the beds having to be reclaimed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    dokamito154dokamito154 Posts: 8 New Member
    @Francl27 You can click on the umbrella stand and it will show the notification when you hover one of the umbrella saying that it has already been chosen.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

-Also my Sims seem to forget what bed is theirs and keep going to sleep in a random one...

-Haven't had any problem with Sims just standing out in thee rain. That sounds like you might have simulation lag possibly?

-Who needs kids playing with the thermostat? XD I remember my grandad would tell me to never touch it. The option would still be nice

-Temperature seems to be based on how it is outside when I played around with it. The sims don't seem to be too effected if I don't have a thermostat installed.

-I just filter it by Seasons and clicking 'Show all'. The holiday decorations tab seems to only appear when a holiday comes up and gives you suggestions to what to use for that holiday when the pop up comes up.

-Would like to see an umbrella in their inventory usually I'll click on the umbrella stand to make sure my sim had one. Which is odd because you'll get a broken umbrella in your inventory if you sims umbrella breaks.

-Kids have definitely been playing on the swingset autonomously and older sims too especially when I went to thee park.

-Did you have your Sims claim a bed when you clicked on it? I haven't heard of this problem with the beds having to be reclaimed.

I am only in winter, but I noticed they actually are effected when the temperature outside is extreme. When it was freezing, my toddler got really really cold in her room which finally forced me to turn on the heat.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Some trees and plants from stuff packs don't have a seasonal versions. Well spring anyway, as that is my first season that I am playing.
    They remain green and colorful as other flora are drab colored or leafless.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

That's just the default -- easy to go into Game Options and set it to the length you want. (I also play on Long but I turned aging off till my three families in rotation get to experience all four seasons -- i've set the seasons to 2 weeks just to start out.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I love the swing! It's just that my kid Sim played on it, and her fun decreased, lol.

Maybe it's due to her child trait?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Umbrellas don't show in Sims inventory so you have no way to know if that Sim picked one up yet or not.

You can. Click on the umbrella stand. If you already picked one, it would give option to select a new one.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    What about hot chocolate? Can you only get it from food stalls? I wanted to be able have my Sims enjoy it during the holidays, but I see no option to make it at home. There are more than a few oversights in this pack, not a huge deal but a bit disappointing. :|
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Some trees and plants from stuff packs don't have a seasonal versions. Well spring anyway, as that is my first season that I am playing.
    They remain green and colorful as other flora are drab colored or leafless.

There are also objects that don't get covered in snow.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    The problem with the bed I'm sure came with the patch, not Seasons. I have that problem as well but I don't have Seasons
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I wish the add more traditions as they add packs and expansions. I'm waiting for modders to create new ones since I love them, it's a really good addition.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    -There's no tradition for "eating" only for grand meal or bbq. But if I want to make burrito day for example, it doesn't count as a tradition because is not part of the very restrictive "grand meal" menu. Why not having a tradition that is just eating, like there is the drinking one?
    - Also on holidays and traditions: it seems like every sim in the household has to do the traditions in order to get them checked from their lists. That means that if a tradition is for example "invite guests" each household member needs to invite guests in order to achieve said tradition. That is beyond silly! (or maybe is a bug?)
    - There's not enough traditions to make very unique holidays, I hope they keep adding like they do with the club activities.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.