Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your Favourite Season in 'The Sims 2 Seasons'?

x11james50xx11james50x Posts: 82 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 2
Mine was probably Fall - In particular I liked the change in lighting outdoors which gave everything a nice warm glow.
Untitled-1.png

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Winter! Lots of fun activities for your sims, and the penguin!! Ok it is just the penguin, I love that thing and he only comes out in winter.. :joy:
  • Options
    x11james50xx11james50x Posts: 82 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Winter! Lots of fun activities for your sims, and the penguin!! Ok it is just the penguin, I love that thing and he only comes out in winter.. :joy:

I'll admit, The penguin was cute o:)

latest?cb=20090207052210

Untitled-1.png
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I'm not a fan of winter/snow. I live where we have that but I put up with it to get the other three seasons. I do however LOVE rain. In my mind, it rains more in the spring so I guess that would be my favorite. I love thunder storms and when it rains on my sims, I turn the volume up loud. But like the others, that dang penguin was so adorable. I had a child sim go out there to pet it one day on her own.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I liked them all, not spring so much because so many wants to go on a date, kiss, flirt etc. That one sometimes gets on my nerves. No, you are a monk stop wishing for that stuff. :p But I would say fall and summer storms. It fits my play style to have dead leaves everywhere, and a big lightning storm. I like to make them use the fireplaces as soon as it's the first day of winter. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Spring -- I don't like having to worry about my Sims getting overheated or cold if they stay outside, and fall's leaves make it a bit of a chore. Granted, if I do a perimeter fence (even just a floor divider) around a tree, it won't spawn leaves, but it took me a couple of years to figure out that trick... :tongue:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Mostly spring/summer. Those are the least problematic for me. Fall is OK chiefly for increased skill building, but the leaves can be a nuisance. I live in a part of the country where winter is the dominant season, and I don't like it. So I take full advantage of the ability to customize the seasonal pattern of each world according to the 'feel' of one. Strangetown is all summer, apart from 1 of fall or spring to reflect a brief somewhat cooler period. Veronaville, having a Mediterranean feel, gets two summer slots, one fall, one spring. That sort of thing.
  • Options
    coolhipcoolhip Posts: 2 New Member
    Summer, or whenever it's warm enough for the sims to wear their everyday clothes. I'm way too lazy (or poor) to buy new outerwear for my sims, so during winter all my sims look silly wearing clothes that don't suite them at all.

I've only recently learned about all the different effects on the sims' relationship and skill building etc. during different seasons. And I've been playing Sims 2 for about 10 years... should've read that manual as a kid :D.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Winter for all the snow activities and the penguin and snow days!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Summer for tropical holidays but I think winter is slightly infront, i was testing my game for the first time earlier today and snapped a couple of snowy pics..

I had to snap this quickly before the penquin ran away so had no time to put up the house walls lol

mvoULZL.png

and i just love pleasantview at night in the snow:

jUXpDgq.jpg

HfiCLaE.jpg
  • Options
    Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    Sparky, where did you get those lights from?
  • Options
    Hi @Francais411

They are from the wonderful 2 creator criquette but make sure you read everything properly as you will also need to install ‘Better Nightlife’ Mod which is detailed halfway down the page on the link below..

Have fun with them i went a little overboard lol :)

http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/post/157941587426/more-working-street-lights-hood-deco-set
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I love a good thunderstorm!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Francais411

They are from the wonderful 2 creator criquette but make sure you read everything properly as you will also need to install ‘Better Nightlife’ Mod which is detailed halfway down the page on the link below..

Have fun with them i went a little overboard lol :)

http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com/post/157941587426/more-working-street-lights-hood-deco-set

Thanks!
  • Options
    @Francais411

You are welcome when you have them sorted come back and post some pics i would love to see what you do with them :)
  • Options
    GrandmaJaneyGrandmaJaney Posts: 33 Member
    Dear james,

What a great discussion. I have so loved seeing everyones comments on our great game. My favorite season is of course autumn bevause I just love the look of it. Thank you so much for creating this fascinating discussion.

Grandma Janey
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    I like all seasons, they all have their positives and negatives. But as someone who loves to let their sims do gardening and no money cheats, fall is great for getting new ... uhm what's it called? The thing that later becomes dirt/soil. English is not my first language, but anyway, new material for my sims to spread on their plants. Lots of leaves to gather up and use later ~~~ But spring/summer is best for those who yet haven't been able to afford a green hours.
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    green house*
    It won't let me edit, probably because I'm new. ^^;;
  • Options
    simsterlyrocksimsterlyrock Posts: 28 Member
    Fall! It's my favorite season in real life and I'm always tempted to just set the weather to fall all four seasons. In one of my current 'hoods, I have it set to Fall-Spring-Fall-Spring because those are the seasons I like the most. Less chance of burning or freezing. Also how I feel in real life, haha.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Just like in real life I adore spring and fall, but also like winter a tiny bit too. I hate summer and heat and am going crazy at the moment because the heat is insane in Sweden right now. It is winter time in my s2 game now and I am jelaous lol.