Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Battery draining question (Asus laptop)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    I have the G3-571, and used to build workstations. In most Predator models, the battery is on the mainboard, within the shell, meaning Acer don't consider it a user-removable part. Depending which region you're in, opening the shell can void your warranty - do NOT remove it without explicit instructions from the team, and a written assurance that it will not void your warranty, and be sure to remove the power supply and allow it to drain for a few days (ideally 7-10) to make sure there isn't residual charge.

From my experience, it doesn't sound like just a battery issue, but rather a power supply issue; since even a completely dead battery usually won't cause a loss of power to show - rather it bypasses, and runs directly from the external source. Have you tried using another adapter or male-to-male cable? If another one has the same issue, it may be the internal port or its connection. Sometimes they can have energy loss issues from things like overheating and warping of components, or becoming unseated when the device is moved, carried, or tilted. If the latter is the case, there's a risk of charge being redirected outside of the circuit, which will no longer be closed, potentially electrifying other parts of your laptop, putting not only your device at risk but also your safety. Another reason not to open the case.
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Variable I definitely don't intend to open it up myself - even if I wanted to, I'd have no idea what I'm doing lol! I haven't tried another adapter, because I'd have to buy one, I don't even wanna know what that'd cost me right now. I DO usually play plugged into a power strip instead of just an outlet though, could that be causing it? I can try playing plugged directly into an outlet if so (most of the ones in my house are power strips where it's comfortable to sit lol. But I can always try.)
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    This issue with Asus and their battery has been going on a long time. My laptop is 4 years old. I don't think the reset is going to change anything if you have a bad battery . I'll call in @chesterbigbird since she is a build expert to see what she thinks you should do