Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do nannies help you???

I don't really play with nannies a whole lot, but with a set of twin toddlers and a set of newborn twins in a row I've given in lol
Anyways, she was working fine for a while.. Took the toddler out of the high chairs, cooked, fed them, played, took care of the babies, blah blah.. But when my sims went to sleep, she found her way to a single bed and just kept "spraying the monster under the bed" over and over. The babies crying next to her didn't stop her, and after my sim spoke to her she just went back to it. Fired her and got another, same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else? ;-;

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    My mannie were pretty useless. He didn’t really help when I had twins. I had to send them to the daycare when parents were at work. He wouldn’t feed one toddler that had lower needs than the other. He never forgot about them afterwards though, he sent gifts each time they aged up ever since toddlers. I got kinda freaked out though cause he hadn’t seen them in so long and still sent them a gift.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    My mannie were pretty useless. He didn’t really help when I had twins. I had to send them to the daycare when parents were at work. He wouldn’t feed one toddler that had lower needs than the other. He never forgot about them afterwards though, he sent gifts each time they aged up ever since toddlers. I got kinda freaked out though cause he hadn’t seen them in so long and still sent them a gift.

What's really freaky is the nanny who cared for a sim once, then when that sim is an adult with no contact for years, he suddenly wants to take them out to dinner to celebrate their recent promotion. I seem to have had luck with short-term nannies so far. Actually had one praise a child for doing her homework. Then the toddler asked for a bath so the nanny went off to do that.
    image.png
  • Options

What's really freaky is the nanny who cared for a sim once, then when that sim is an adult with no contact for years, he suddenly wants to take them out to dinner to celebrate their recent promotion. I seem to have had luck with short-term nannies so far. Actually had one praise a child for doing her homework. Then the toddler asked for a bath so the nanny went off to do that.
    Lol I want to hire a nanny now to see if this will happen. The one I got was an elder and I think he died..haven’t heard from him. The kids he watched are now parents themselves. They ’ve gotten traumatized of having a bad nanny they don’t want to hire one.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    They help themselves to my sims things, but as far as child rearing, nope! I don't use nannies anymore when I play. I just send the kid to daycare if both parents are working.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i've only had a nanny once and he was useless. my toddler couldn't climb stairs so i couldn't get him to the nanny who was downstairs watching tv, and the toddler was just stuck up there starving. the nanny never even checked on him.
    i had to just use cheats to make sure my toddler wasn't taken away, it was so frustrating.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    TBH, nannies and twins are a nightmare. You're lucky if you find a nanny that will attend to both twins and not just one exclusively.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member

Lol I want to hire a nanny now to see if this will happen. The one I got was an elder and I think he died..haven’t heard from him. The kids he watched are now parents themselves. They ’ve gotten traumatized of having a bad nanny they don’t want to hire one.

Lol. It was Branson Baez, who also once kept inviting one of my teens to social events to the pint they ended up good friends.
    Branson apparently can't age or die, he's been around since the beginning of save game now in its fifth or sixth generation. I've been thinking about just deleting him and Lauren Tabor, the other apparenlt immortal. Navya Basu, the new common nanny, might just be a very long lived elder.
    image.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've had a few kinds when I'm playing a household with kids that I don't want to take care of myself. I've had some that cook regularly and take care of and engage the kids.. I've had some and played the kids and they had to ask for stuff like homework help and it still worked out. Then I've had the sit on your butt and watch tv types. If I want good ones I delete the ones that bug me in managed worlds and hire a new one. If I want bad ones... they show up.. and make me giggle for awhile.
    You can always go in and change looks and traits with cheats it sometimes helps.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The one nanny I tried just wanted to cook and read. If the toddler asked for something like a bath, he'd do it...but not necessarily finish it. Daycare is much better - the kids get their needs tended, and sometimes even get a skill point.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    So many nanny horror stories lol

Mine is still being buggy, but I noticed she starts spraying under the bed at 6pm. At about 7am she goes back to normal, tending to the kids and all.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Hahaha nannies. No. The only time I've ever lost a child in this game was when I hired a nanny for a set of twins. He stood on the porch chatting to some random sim passerby for ages while the baby starved.

Worst decision.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I hired a nanny once. She was so terrible with taking care of my toddler (yes, she had ONE kid to care for). I ended up moving her in, so I could control her. All she did was watch TV and dance (found out she had the Dance Machine trait). I think she managed to cook 3 meals an entire sim week.

I've had bad luck with daycare in a couple of saves as well. The kids needs weren't maintained at all, and they were starving and stinky when they returned home.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    What's really freaky is the nanny who cared for a sim once, then when that sim is an adult with no contact for years, he suddenly wants to take them out to dinner to celebrate their recent promotion.

This has happened to me before and i must say I felt quite uncomfortable.

But on topic, my nanny is completely useless. It saddens me that I use my Sims annual leave from work to look after the young ones.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    So basically i have single dad he has three kids maddison who's a child and twin toddlers Alex and Alexis so i hired a nanny for the twins all the nanny did from 3pm to 12am was spray maddison's bed for monsters while she had a sleepover and watched action movies with like 7 other girls
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    ParkLisa97ParkLisa97 Posts: 31 Member
    In my games nannies only cook. they cook a whole bunch of grilled cheese sandwich or pasta, but never feed the kids, she doesn't even talk to them, she's just here to cook
  • Options
    SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    I hired a nanny that managed to get stuck spraying the monster, so I moved the furniture around. After that, she was stuck in the desk and managed to just die there. All she would cook was flaming spaghetti. Great, it was wonderful for a while to have batplum angry toddlers running around.
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    My nannies tend to be helpful. Considering my poor luck with them in TS2 and TS3, they're pretty decent in TS4. The only issue I had with one was that he wouldn't stop being flirty and it just wasn't appropriate.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've only had one nanny, and I was very happy with how well he cared for the children, so much that I eventually moved him in with the family.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Mine have all been awful. They NEVER changed the babies diapers (to be fair, the parents typically don't either unless I ask them to).

Now I just use their grandparents as live in nannies though.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I've noticed nannies are helpful when they come to the household with no children ( children beds), just babies. If there is a child, then crazy nanny sprays monster under the bed all the time. I lock kids rooms for the night, it helps.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    the "help" really needs help LOL maids, butlers and nannies really don't do enough or even what they are supposed to do. It is very irritating. IN real life, these people would be fired. I wish EA would tweak the system someone or update the programming on the behavior and duties of the ones our sims are paying to help. Plus, you can't click on one and tell them what to do like "clean up the dirty dishes!" grrrrrrrr
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Butlers have been more useful to me than nannies. My current butler is a doll with my toddler despite her mean trait.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    erimurphey wrote: »
    Butlers have been more useful to me than nannies. My current butler is a doll with my toddler despite her mean trait.
    I have a question on butlers, I haven’t hired one yet but am curious. Do they take up a household slot? And do the live in home? I’m sorry I’m bothering you but I don’t want to rush into thing in my household.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member

The Nannies I have used don't wait until the child is grown to ask them over or out. It's only slightly disturbing. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited June 2018
    If by help you mean constantly try to flirt with their employer, then yes.

But that's still better than the sims 2 nanny, who left my toddlers in highchairs, stated a fire, and then disco danced downstairs while my 5 tots and house went up in flames.

Avoid nannies at all costs.