Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The Calendar: Full Pic Of Calendar Added

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    The calander looks nice but the picture isn't telling me anything new, other than we get a four-month year. It doesn't even say if we can change the lengs of months. What are those little suitcases? They look like the ones for work but what do they mean exactly? What's the difference between a holiday and an event anyway? It's clearly the opening to creating holidays and then remembering them but there's not much else. And I can't seem to see a place where you can flick between setting up seasons. I would want my seasons to be 30 days long at least.

And why would a calander tell you the weather? We're getting a weather channel, so shouldn't it be up to our Sims to watch for the weather if we want to know? It also means that the weather all that week is pre-determined at the start of the week.

So I don't really see this as much more than speculation fodder.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I like it because it allows one to plan. I wish real life 30 day weather forecasts were more accurate. :) As for having the weather on a calendar maybe some simmers don't have televisions for their sims or want to check the weather when they're out and about.
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Am hyped tbh
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    Am hyped tbh

my thoughts exactly
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    I think the calendar is a really cool feature, being able to plan your birthdays and other events ahead seems really cool to me to sort of make your sims 'hyped' (just like me with seasons :p) about celebrating something and have notifications pop up a day before gives a lot of realism to the game because in real life that happens to me as well :smile: .
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I LOVE that the calendar shows birthdays so I can plan a birthday party on that exact day. AND due to being able to have more than one event, I can have multiple parties for different sims on the same day just at different times (probably will make one in the morning and one in the afternoon).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    bettymom1970bettymom1970 Posts: 11 New Member
    is someone thinking of making more calendar icons?
  • Options
    QlynQlyn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey so question: is there a possibility that each time a season comes around there are different holidays? Because my partner and I share an Origin account and launched Seasons together so without adding any extra holidays and having the same 7 days for the season she had a 'boxing day' after 'love day' while I did not. Is it possible that my spring will be different next 'year' or that its different for each player a bit or might it be linked that she started a new game and I loaded a previous save.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    There are several "hidden" random holidays which do not have a set time, and pop up whenever they want to.
  • Options
    parbopostcardsparbopostcards Posts: 78 Member
    I have started to delete certain set holidays, cuz I think they come around too quick. I also adjusted my season length too so I can enjoy the weather aspects more.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    is someone thinking of making more calendar icons?

Yes, Zerbu said he might make them in the future if no other modder beats him to it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top