Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still no announcement this month again! Why?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The announcement of a pack and it's release must be in the same quarter, so, if they have Seasons (or any pack for that matter) at EA Plays, it will release in the same quarter, not months later.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The announcement of a pack and it's release must be in the same quarter, so, if they have Seasons (or any pack for that matter) at EA Plays, it will release in the same quarter, not months later.

I don't think that's true for paid content. I think that only applies to free updates.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2018

I don't think that's true for paid content. I think that only applies to free updates.

That's correct.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Cats&Dogs EP was announced in August 2017 and released in November 2017. So that isn’t quite true.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Here's what SimGuruDrake said about EP announcements:

It's not about whether or not any EP can be announced outside of a quarter. It's about whether it's ready to be talked about, can we carry the conversation from the moment we talk about it to when it releases, is there anything releasing prior to it that would cause the EP to overshadow that content, Etc.

We like to sometimes theme free content to paid content releasing to at least give a little something to those who may not be able to purchase the paid content right away
  • Options

It's not about whether or not any EP can be announced outside of a quarter. It's about whether it's ready to be talked about, can we carry the conversation from the moment we talk about it to when it releases, is there anything releasing prior to it that would cause the EP to overshadow that content, Etc.

We like to sometimes theme free content to paid content releasing to at least give a little something to those who may not be able to purchase the paid content right away

Thank you. That's all I was saying. If Seasons is at EA Plays but not released until November, there would probably be a lot of stuff in between to talk about and discuss. Just because they haven't been communicating with us during this time of change, doesn't mean that they aren't working hard to create stuff for the game. SimGuruKate, the new C.M., stated in her HELLO thread that they have some amazing things coming.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member

Thank you. That's all I was saying. If Seasons is at EA Plays but not released until November, there would probably be a lot of stuff in between to talk about and discuss. Just because they haven't been communicating with us during this time of change, doesn't mean that they aren't working hard to create stuff for the game. SimGuruKate, the new C.M., stated in her HELLO thread that they have some amazing things coming.

They already said that before, "amazing things coming",and we end up with MFP. I'm really afraid of when they annouced seasons, because in the Sims 4 EPs aren't the strongest or the most brilliant thing they have, and seasons is my favorite EP, so if they release it incomplete or it feels like empty i will be very upset.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options

They already said that before, "amazing things coming",and we end up with MFP. I'm really afraid of when they annouced seasons, because in the Sims 4 EPs aren't the strongest or the most brilliant thing they have, and seasons is my favorite EP, so if they release it incomplete or it feels like empty i will be very upset.

I think Seasons will be great. It won't have a new world to take up space for other cool seasons stuff and it is dedicated to one single theme, weather, just like a GP. So, it's really an EP sized GP.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    What if Seasons is a GP? Then it could come out very shortly after EA Play.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Seasons is really too big for a Gamepack I would think.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I'm sure that's the case even if it doesn't include a new world. It's a TON of coding.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Seasons at a Game Pack? Oh no, please no. Summer Game Pack $20 and the others to follow (maybe) in the future would be awful. Now they're really nickel and dime the DLC if that happens. As if My First Pet wasn't bad enough.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

It was just a passing thought I had haha
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I suspect that we won't see an official announcement on the next Pack for the PC until EA Play or after.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member

It was just a passing thought I had haha

It was a possible idea to make it a gamepack, no need to pass on it.
    Most of sims 4 EP are GPs in sims 3
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I wouldn't take seasons as a game pack, but I would take weather as a game pack. Instead of a focus on seasonal activities it would focus on weather related activities - ie, no holiday focus but yes to snow and rain centered items. I don't know if the majority but I'm sure many people who want seasons more want weather most of all. That's what I look forward to most of all. So yeah if it was just weather based it would be okay. But not seasons as a whole, it would be too limited as a game pack. Though I could see them breaking it up into two and being both weather and holidays, etc. But more likely yes it'll come in an EP.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't take seasons as a game pack, but I would take weather as a game pack. Instead of a focus on seasonal activities it would focus on weather related activities - ie, no holiday focus but yes to snow and rain centered items. I don't know if the majority but I'm sure many people who want seasons more want weather most of all. That's what I look forward to most of all. So yeah if it was just weather based it would be okay. But not seasons as a whole, it would be too limited as a game pack. Though I could see them breaking it up into two and being both weather and holidays, etc. But more likely yes it'll come in an EP.
    We would rather take a game pack with singers instead.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

So Seasons broken up into multiple DLC is a good idea? No thank you.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

I don't see how weather can be separated from seasons. So there would be snow and rain but not in a seasonal pattern? I don't want that. I want the full seasons and weather experience. Otherwise It's of no use to me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Unless everyone at EA Plays signs NDA's (Non Disclosure Agreements) we'll know then what the big mystery is.

And if it is something big like Seasons, why would they hang on to it for four months after the cat is out of the bag?
    I believe that it most likely is a playable GP for TS4 and announcements about Seasons late in 2018 and about TS5 in maybe September 2019 ;)

Well with Grant being there it's likely an EP their showing off. Graham won't be there so I doubt it's a stuffpack.
    Grant could likely be there to just announce the EP which then could be released in November. Other devs could then show a GP which could be playable and almost ready for a release.

And then they could announce TS5 as a surprise too ;)

I don't see them announcing an EP 4-5 months in advance -- this place melts down when they announce EPs at Gamescom and we only have to wait 2-3 months for the pack.

It's possible that after the MFP issues, they're re-evaluating the Stuff Packs strategy. Maybe part of the recent staff reshuffling (moving folks to other teams, letting some staff go) is part of that. I think the earliest we see a Sims 5 (if one is forthcoming) will be in 2020 to coincide with the release of the original Sims in 2000, but that's jusy my not-so-humble opinion. B) They could potentially announce it at Gamescom 2019 if they so choose.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I wouldn't want weather without Seasons, to be honest, unless it was just maybe light rain showers and wind. Without Seasons you could plant a garden outside and risk having your plants go dormant to snow because you'd have no way of predicting when the weather would change.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Here's lots of hoping: Maybe we will get a small content patch late May or early June just a week prior to EA Play. Why? Because it seems like the developers heard us.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    I have no doubt that everything is on hold, info-wise, until EA Plays. So I'm hoping EA Plays will have something so phenomenal that we all forget the waiting time. We shall see.