Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sesons split

This is going to be an unpopular view but here me out I would not mind it if the next 4 GP’s were Spring, Summer, Autumn & winter (community gasps and gets ready to flame me) you may now be thinking what why who is this clown? Well let me explain if Sesons was split in to 4 game packs it would mean we would have more fleshed out Sesons every month Then if we have an EP also if we had Sesons GP’s th devs could add a new worl that would be appropriate for each season just think about that.

A beach world for the Summer & a mountain regin for the winter ( of course you can go to these destinations out of Sesons) I don’t want a seson or weather locked to one world ofcouse it’s just an Idea.

Thaugts comments tell me how and whybI should burn in hell please feed back.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nothing wrong with having an opinion.... But I can think of several reasons why it doesn't appeal to me.

- Having to pay a total of $80 for all of the seasons.. which is something I'd never do no matter how fleshed out they were.
    - Past experience shows us gamepack worlds are rather small and uninteresting, anyway.
    - It would take about twice as long to complete as a regular expansion
    - Since it'd come in different packs, the gameplay would feel disconnected since certain elements wouldn't be able to be tied together

I can think of a lot more, but these are just a few.
    It's... certainly an idea, though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Summer and Spring could be one GP since we have been playing Summer since the base game.

I'd rather just have it all in one pack because all I am looking for is a change of Seasons and sim holidays to celebrate in those Seasons.
    4 GPS is too long and too much money for Seasons, plus a waste of GPs that could give us more themes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Don't even encourage such a thing! lol

No and no and no and no! Seasons needs to be one big unit like always. They've always done very well with Seasons in past (especially Sims 3!) so Sims 4 has no excuses and should deliver a dynamic 4 season expansion to us as well!!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I just want Season and I want it to be like Sims 3 that is all then I will be done with this Series because it really is bad Sims 3 was when the Sims 3 series was at its Height now it has gone down hill so yo can burn me as well.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    For me personally I wouldn't like this. That would be $80 for all four Seasons. I think it's ridiculous. I would rather have it be one $40 EP. I get where you're coming from though. Most EPs aren't that good and GPs mostly are. To me it would be way too expensive. But of course you're entitled to your opinion.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I can see your point but I'm with Cupid (word pun intended). I don't want to pay 80 bucks for four Seasons packs. Nor do I want the next four GP's to be tied up when there are other GP's I would rather have like witches and werewolves. But the main reason is that weather, so far IMO, has been done very well in past versions and I believe it will be the same with this version.

And if the Spec & Rum people are right and Seasons is coming sooner than expected, it's already done for the most part. A big pack like Seasons could take up to a year to complete, start to finish.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    How about one fleshed out EP straight away rather than paying four times over the course of several months?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yeah I just want Seasons all together. I want the actual weather.. maybe a world and some activities or harvest type stuff to go with depending on which direction they take it.
    However, I wouldn't mind packs associated with certain Seasons to show up later like we have Backyard Stuff now.
    For instance I can see a stuff pack called Snow Day showing up ... more coats, and some seasonal activity added in. It would be "gasp" DLC for DLC but depending on how it's done I'd be good with that. I want activities to be fleshed out than in the past .. as they have been coming... so more in other packs wouldn't bother me at all.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I would rather have one EP for Seasons. I've been waiting so long for Seasons in TS4, I just want to be able to play with all 4 seasons at once.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Yeah I just want Seasons all together. I want the actual weather.. maybe a world and some activities or harvest type stuff to go with depending on which direction they take it.
    However, I wouldn't mind packs associated with certain Seasons to show up later like we have Backyard Stuff now.
    For instance I can see a stuff pack called Snow Day showing up ... more coats, and some seasonal activity added in. It would be "gasp" DLC for DLC but depending on how it's done I'd be good with that. I want activities to be fleshed out than in the past .. as they have been coming... so more in other packs wouldn't bother me at all.

I wouldn't mind a SP with a particular seasoned theme, as long as it could stand alone without the Seasons EP. For example, if the SP had water balloon fights for summer, it could have snowball fights in winter if you have the EP, but you still get the water balloon fights anyway so you don't feel cheated.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I wouldn't mind a SP with a particular seasoned theme, as long as it could stand alone without the Seasons EP. For example, if the SP had water balloon fights for summer, it could have snowball fights in winter if you have the EP, but you still get the water balloon fights anyway so you don't feel cheated.

Another thing they could do is add certain activities to vacation worlds. Like if they did a Ski Resort vacation at some point we could get more weather stuff in a pack like that. Then people who don't have or don't want Seasons ... perhaps it would make their game lag? They could still use it in those areas.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I truly deeply hope they won't make them separate but honestly wouldn't be too surprised if they did... ._.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    This is going to be an unpopular view but here me out I would not mind it if the next 4 GP’s were Spring, Summer, Autumn & winter (community gasps and gets ready to flame me) you may now be thinking what why who is this clown? Well let me explain if Sesons was split in to 4 game packs it would mean we would have more fleshed out Sesons every month Then if we have an EP also if we had Sesons GP’s th devs could add a new worl that would be appropriate for each season just think about that.

A beach world for the Summer & a mountain regin for the winter ( of course you can go to these destinations out of Sesons) I don’t want a seson or weather locked to one world ofcouse it’s just an Idea.

Yeah, because spending $80 on content that only cost $30-40 in the past will be really popular. :/ (We really need an eyeroll emoji.)

I would much rather see a basic Seasons game, with weather and all the seasons with some activities, and the option to turn off certain weather effects, then later packs that can both work with Seasons or stand on their own. For example, if we got skateboarding in a Teen Time SP, if you have Seasons it would convert to snowboarding during the snowy winters but still be just fine as is for those who don't have the EP. It would add functionality but wouldn't be as derivative as the MFP debacle. We have packs like that now, if they did the programming right; for example the waterslide and lemonade pitcher should be able to help cool off Sims on a hot summer d allay, especially in Oasis Springs, and in summer more Sims should be attracted to public pools so they won't feel so empty. Maybe on rainy days you'll find more Sims inside at the library or at the bowling alley, and in nice weather they'll be outside shooting hoops or fishing.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    candy8 wrote: »
    I just want Season and I want it to be like Sims 3 that is all then I will be done with this Series because it really is bad Sims 3 was when the Sims 3 series was at its Height now it has gone down hill so yo can burn me as well.

Your opinion is valid for you but there are a lot more themes they could explore in Sims 4. The Sims 3 worlds were beautiful, but the Sims themselves were wooden and two dimensional. Maybe Sims 4 took it too much in the other direction with Sims that feel bipolar (come home Sad from school or work, step inside your home and you're automatically Happy!); there should be more time spent in the Fine mode, basically neutral, nothing bad or good. But that's for another topic...
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think more likely we'd get packs that could stand on their own if a player doesn't have Seasons but have additional functionality when added to Seasons. I mentioned skateboarding becoming snowboarding in Winter; another could be if we got rollerskating in a pack it would become ice skating in Winter, or maybe if you put it indoors you could switch between roller skating and ice skating. (Since we don't get snow where I live there are a lot of indoor ice skating rinks.) An indoor rink that you can click on and set to "roller" or "ice" would be fun, and an indoor ice rink is a a great place to keep cool on hot days.

Another idea that just popped in my head: maybe a Romance pack that would add more features and content to Spring in the Seasons EP -- again, if you don't have Seasons the pack would work fine, but you'd get additional playabliity during the Spring season with the EP.

The packs going forward could work similar to the Seasons/Supernatural pairing where you got the Weather Stone if you have both packs installed (just not so dramatic), but either pack worked just fine on its own.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I don’t want that to happen! OK! I want four seasons with weathers!
  • Options
    At this point most likely the discussion is moot anyway -- if Seasons is the next pack, it's far enough in production that the format has been set.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I can't deny that I fear how Seasons will turn out in Sims 4 as an EP, but spreading it to GPs would create huge backlash.

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Seasons aren’t really Seasons unless they change. Releasing them as singles makes zero sense. I absolutely think we will get them all together. Might we see additional content based on Seasons? Sure. Their test with my first pet stuff didn’t go well, but “ski vacation” or “treasure island adventure” or whatever after Seasons that could be enhanced by owning Seasons...that, I can see
  • Options
    It's one thing to have one program that rotates through all four seasons and the degrees of weather within each season, but having all four seasons in separate packs might mean that they don't overlap as well and there could be "bleeding" form one season to another or an absence of weather all together at the "joint" between seasons. We've all read about festivals not disappearing when the next festival rolls around.

And what happens if some players don't or can't afford to buy all four seasons? Does it go from snow to the blah we have now to the heat of summer, to blah and blah again? Some players may only buy winter to get snow and that would look odd in the game to have winter and then three seasons of blah.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited May 2018
    Seasons would be horrible separated I'd much rather get it all at once instead of waiting multiple years paying double and losing out on other themes we're talking about 4 packs that's 2 years of game packs. I'd much rather see packs later that work with Seasons enhancing it but Seasons not be a requirement to use any of its content like the recent worst stuff pack ever...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

I'd rather we get Seasons in an Expansion Pack. GPs take to long to release themes eg It was several years between Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures. Basically I don't want to have to wait for each Season when all seasons should be in Season plus GPs should focus on other content like a Romantic Based Pack,Theme Parks,Universities etc.

I doubt seriously we'll get a romantic based expansion if we get this theme at all it will most likely be a Gamepack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Water balloon fights could possibly come with a Pool Stuffpack.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm fine with paying more than 40€ for all seasons content, and I'm fine with waiting a bit more to get everything.

I think the season system would most likely come in one pack but there could be some more to provide new activities, new skills, new clothes, new worlds, etc
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    ski vacation
    A ski/snowboard/ mountain pack is somthing i have wanted for years I think watching a sim take there first run down the bunny slope would be really funny same with snowboarding also having stuff like ice skating learn how to cook cheese or meat fondue or Tartiflet (people really find a recapy for that) the possibilities are endless you could even have a new jobs. I mean come on who doesn’t want to run a ski / hiking (depending on the Sesons) shop I see this world as a vacation world but you still have the opportunity to live there.