Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch?

Comments

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Feliz wrote: »
    Is it me, or has the loading times on PS4 improved? I haven’t played for a few weeks so it’s most likely I’m imagining this.

I think it's the same for me :smile:
    Speaking of, what's with the loading screen before the Sims 4 plumbob loading screen? I mean every time that I go to start up Sims 4 on the PS4, I get a loading screen with a bar that fills up on the bottom. And then I get the game's loading screen which is the screen with the spinning plumbob. The two loading screen for Sims 4/PS4 does not make any sense to me at all. Well I hope that this game patch fixes that jumping that goes on with the loading while the game is trying to load.

I think it's just to I initially load up all the game files
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    After the patch, I got a “some CAS items have been removed because they are not compatible with PS4” kinda message when I first load into a lot, what is with that?

That has been an issue since the game released.
    Oh I didn’t know that, it was the first time I’d ever seen this message popping up.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    emxlyemxly Posts: 12 New Member
    Has anyone found that there is still lag and sims still look blurry?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    emxly wrote: »
    Has anyone found that there is still lag and sims still look blurry?

There is. I get extreme lag after using the GTW Cameras to take pictures for a few seconds and when going into CAS. Sims don't look blurry to me.
  • Options
    emxlyemxly Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-16481089"][quote="emxly;c-16481047"]Has anyone found that there is still lag and sims still look blurry?[/quote]

There is. I get extreme lag after using the GTW Cameras to take pictures for a few seconds and when going into CAS. Sims don't look blurry to me.[/quote]

I think it's more the clothes and tattoos, but the faces of my sims look blurry. Although I haven't played lots of PC so I don't know how they compare.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    It's awkward, yes.
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    Does anybody else having issues with the cursor when you're sims receives a text message?
    I do. When the message window pops up, all you will be able to do is press X (PS4) to open the window.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
  • Options
    lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    Does anybody else having issues with the cursor when you're sims receives a text message?

Yes me too
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Something weird happened last night during Build mode. I demolished a house to build a new one, I left the backyard as it was but where the original back staircase was I needed to fill the gaps with stone pavers I had used previously. When I got to it, it became almost like a puzzle where I would fill a square and it would immediately start removing them from around it revealing the original groundwork. I go to fill those portions and it would say "Nothing to Change".
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2018
    Something weird happened last night during Build mode. I demolished a house to build a new one, I left the backyard as it was but where the original back staircase was I needed to fill the gaps with stone pavers I had used previously. When I got to it, it became almost like a puzzle where I would fill a square and it would immediately start removing them from around it revealing the original groundwork. I go to fill those portions and it would say "Nothing to Change".
    That happened to me in the PC version. I think it has to do with the way that the floor tiles flatten out the ground when they are being placed on a terrain that's not entirely flat. I had noticed that the floor tile that I was placing would lower the ground that it was being placed upon while raising the ground around it, and making the floor tiles that were already placed there disappear.
  • Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    I haven't played in a bit but I noticed the plumbob on the loading bar being extremely slow and freezing. Had to close out my game a couple times
    [
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sipop wrote: »
    I haven't played in a bit but I noticed the plumbob on the loading bar being extremely slow and freezing. Had to close out my game a couple times

Mine is slow too. I thought it was due to my mods.
  • Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    @Chazzzy, Well I have no mods since I meant the console lol. But glad I'm not the only one I guess.
    Also I noticed the hand palm up thought bubble has been showing up even when my sims aren't in a conversation?
    Maybe I'm wrong but i thought this meant goodbye. I see it pop up a lot when my sims paint.
    [
  • Options
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Sipop wrote: »
    I don't believe that it's the game, I believe that it's the console it's self that's causing this. I say because I see the same issue with the game slow to load with Conan Exiles as well as Sims 4 on the PS4. I think that Microsoft and Sony need to get with the makers of Sims, Conan Exiles, Fallout 4, and other monster games so they can make the console read the games even better. Microsoft and Sony have already improved the performance of the Xbox and the Playstation. But there's a long road ahead to get these consoles up to PC/Mac performance level. So I believe that it's a performance issue with the consoles that's causing this, and not Sims 4.
  • Options
    It seems that mostly the only thing being added in each new patch is more game issues. I have never had any issues with game speed or loading since the patch that introduced the Sim limit.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It seems that mostly the only thing being added in each new patch is more game issues. I have never had any issues with game speed or loading since the patch that introduced the Sim limit.

Oh i thought the game felt a bit smoother. The speed issue has been there since the base game launched.
  • Options
    A couple of patches ago, a couple of new women's short dresses were added to the game yet it seems now they only appear and can be worn if you're connected to the internet AND signed into PlayStation Network. This is utterly stupid.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A couple of patches ago, a couple of new women's short dresses were added to the game yet it seems now they only appear and can be worn if you're connected to the internet AND signed into PlayStation Network. This is utterly stupid.

Tagging @SimGuruNick I don't think that is normal.
  • Options
    JpGouldingJpGoulding Posts: 1 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > adamclark83 wrote: »
    >
    > A couple of patches ago, a couple of new women's short dresses were added to the game yet it seems now they only appear and can be worn if you're connected to the internet AND signed into PlayStation Network. This is utterly stupid.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Tagging @SimGuruNick I don't think that is normal.

How strange, i don't think i've come across any new skirts?
  • Options
  • Options
    SuperSimAddictSuperSimAddict Posts: 13 New Member
    I feel like pc and Mac patches are a lot more common than the console ones. I would like to think that we have similar patches but I’m not really sure. I think that the console patches involve content that already exists in pc and Mac.