Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS5 being announced soon?

elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
TS4 was announced on May 6, 2013, exactly 5 years ago today. Some people seem to firmly believe that EA is going to follow “a new game every 5 years” and thus will announce TS5 soon, while others don’t. So what do you think? Is TS5 going to be announced soon?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Is TS5 being announced soon? 69 votes

Yes, EA will announce TS5 soon (within 2018)
5%
Kolbyalanmichael1doogerieJoxerTM22 4 votes
No
94%
CK213GoldmoldaricmnfrshLeGardePourprerudy8292alan650111IceyJJessa_DakkarSasquatch7Writin_RegArchivistBariSaxyVuloriCAF84lisasc36006Bon06kellzaCeCeDotClassicalSimelelunicy 65 votes

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I kinda hope not... It's just that I really want Sims 5 to be good and not something they rush into. Sims 4 was kind of a let-down in so many ways. I really love the game, don't get me wrong... but content-wise it was nothing compared to Sims 2 or 3.
    I really like the art style in Sims 4 but it just isn't enough to make up for the lack of content in the packs. I constantly have to download CC and mods to keep my game interesting.

So, I just really hope that if they make Sims 5 they won't rush it.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I'm voting maybe, but leaning towards yes. It would not surprise me at least
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    No
    The Sims 4’s development focus feels like a lot of the budget went to stability.

Normally with Sims games, every EP or pack you install (including CC) will bog down the performance and it’s quite noticeable.

However, Play The Sims 4 base game and then The Sims 4 with all packs and performance is almost identical (slight lag in San Myshuno).

They’ve also been constantly investing into making sure the performance is 100%.

This basically tells me they’re in it for the long run. It wouldn’t surprise me if EA took a page out of Minecraft’s book and realised that players will probably keep buying content as long as the engine supports it.

So to me, the only way they’ll start The Sims 5 is when they can’t add anything more to The Sims 4. There’s sooooo many topics they haven’t covered yet.
  • Options
    No
    Also, if this game was to end soon, we wouldn’t have got a pack like Jungle Adventure. It’s so “niche” in terms of what most players are asking for, that it tells me EA are in no rush to get the staple packs out (Supernaturals, Celebrities, University, Seasons, Tropical Pack [aka Bon Voyage, Island Paradise] etc etc).
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    No
    We were told 2014-2017 was just the first wave of the Sims 4. Judging by that, I'd say Sims 5 isn't on the horizon at all.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They’ve also been constantly investing into making sure the performance is 100%.

That whole year that they took to "fix" time distortion and simulation lag after City Living came out kind of made me think differently, to be honest.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    No
    Also, if this game was to end soon, we wouldn’t have got a pack like Jungle Adventure. It’s so “niche” in terms of what most players are asking for, that it tells me EA are in no rush to get the staple packs out (Supernaturals, Celebrities, University, Seasons, Tropical Pack [aka Bon Voyage, Island Paradise] etc etc).

Slightly off-topic, but people on here keep talking about a potential werewolves game pack. IMO that's very niche and wouldn't be a thing unless TS4 has like 10+ game packs yet to come.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    No
    @Cupid wrote: »

That whole year that they took to "fix" time distortion and simulation lag after City Living came out kind of made me think differently, to be honest.

It was only affecting some people, which is why it took longer than usual. They even asked for people’s configurations to track it down.

It affected me on my Laptop, for example. But not on my gaming PC. It also didn’t affect me when I played on my MacBook, even though my MacBook was weaker than my Laptop.

It takes a lot longer to fix something when it’s not hardware strength based. They basically had to fix lag that was caused by specific hardware, which takes time.

The Simulation Lag wasn’t in any of their City Living livestreams for example, which means they weren’t picking it up themselves, which is why they asked for configurations.

But they also did a ton of other improvements in that patch that fixed the Simulation Lag. Normal FPS went back up, CPU usage (which was usually too high) was brought back down. They fixed the memory leaks etc.

A lot considering most of Sims 3 performances issues were never fixed. Even Day 1 memory leaks.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    I definitely don't think there's going to be a new game every 5 years thing going on with this one. I'm sure eventually we will get another sims game but I think this is here to stay until it's maxed it's content and stability running it. Even the arguments about winning new simmers is weak to me. I know my kids wanted to play what I did... smaller kids want to play what big brother, or sis does. This game can continue to grab new simmers for awhile. I think the out with the old every few years is wasteful of resources and amounts to them shooting themselves in the foot. If it works, work it.... Stability will tell how long this game runs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    No
    @elelunicy wrote: »

Slightly off-topic, but people on here keep talking about a potential werewolves game pack. IMO that's very niche and wouldn't be a thing unless TS4 has like 10+ game packs yet to come.

When EA announced Vampires, that basically confirmed to me that The Sims 4 has a long life ahead of it. For the simple fact, if they plan on spreading them over Game Packs, it’s going to take agesssss to cover.

Supernatural was a HUGE win for TS3 (sale wise) and it was probably part of EA planting the seeds for longevity.

We’ll probably see a lot of niche packs and a lot of big packs. And if they’re as good as all the other Game Packs, I’ll be happy o:)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    No
    The Sims 4’s development focus feels like a lot of the budget went to stability.

Normally with Sims games, every EP or pack you install (including CC) will bog down the performance and it’s quite noticeable.

However, Play The Sims 4 base game and then The Sims 4 with all packs and performance is almost identical (slight lag in San Myshuno).

This basically tells me they’re in it for the long run. It wouldn’t surprise me if EA took a page out of Minecraft’s book and realised that players will probably keep buying content as long as the engine supports it.

So to me, the only way they’ll start The Sims 5 is when they can’t add anything more to The Sims 4. There’s sooooo many topics they haven’t covered yet.

So slow and steady wins the race then?
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member

You might have a point. In my TS3 game, with all of my packs and mods turned on, I have constant stutters and 1-second freezes, but with TS4, with all packs and mods, all I really get is some simulation lag and that's only if the house my Sims are living in is ridiculously big, like a 64x64 lot. The game is definitely far more stable than the Sims 3. And in both games, my graphics are turned all the way up, all settings maxed out, all options selected at the highest.

Plus, with moving the Sims 4 over to consoles, it seems to me that the Sims 4 will likely have a longer life than previous games.

I remain skeptical, though. There's always the chance that they simply don't plan on adding the packs you mentioned here:

At the very least, I hope the Sims 4 gets the content players desire the most by the time it's officially finished.

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No
    I think it will be at [b]least[/b] 2-3 years before qe hear anything official about TS5. TS4 seems to be gettibg better with age and it's just too early
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    No
    I feel like there is just so much more to still be released in TS4 that TS5 won't be for a while.
  • Options
    4thStreet4thStreet Posts: 69 Member
    No
    I think TS4 has maybe one more expansion (Seasons maybe lol) before any announcement of TS5. But we will see!
    Take care of yourself, and each other!
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2018
    No
    If it does happen, I don't think it will be for at least another few years.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited May 2018
    No
    I voted no. At this point I would say the company is putting all it's remaining resources into TS4 and in particular into Sims mobile. The level of expertise and budget to develop a fully fleshed out, new sandbox pc version simply isn't there IMHO. It is better therefore to make the best of whatever version you are currently playing (and enjoying) and leave wishful thinking for another day :)

Edited for spelling and we won't mention the poor grammar :D
    Post edited by Bettyboop55 on
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I voted yes I exeprxt somthing Big at EA play possibly TS5 but definitely Sesons or it may just be thisyou have 2 EP’s if not at EA play I expect it will be announced at the end of the year
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Interesting article on Sims Community:

simscommunity.info/2018/05/06/the-sims-4-was-announced-5-years-ago/

Looking at statistics since 2003 (- 2008 - 2013), it's time for an announcement NOW.
  • Options
    KelzKelz Posts: 53 Member
    No
    Seems most people are in the no camp. I am too. It seems that there is still so much left undone with Sims 4. I'm worried if they bring out Sims 5 in the next year it will be even more incomplete.
    My Sims Youtube

Find me on the gallery: kelzmckean
  • Options
    alyssad9918alyssad9918 Posts: 34 Member
    No
    TS4 just feels so incomplete to me as of right now. (Yes, I mean Seasons and University Life lol)
    giphy.gif
    origin ID: alyssad9918
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sims 4 needs to die and we need a new rich with content Sims game.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    No
    I predict that the announcement for Sims 5 will be in 2019. The game will be released in 2020. That might be wrong. I don't think they be doing a Sims 5 announcement this early. Even though they put a new Sims experience. That could mean different things.