Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or aliens?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    @GasolineCrea Aliens are definitely my favorite so far, but I don't have the vampire pack yet. I really hope they'll add robots someday.

For some reason my aliens are still getting embarrassed when they're discovered not wearing their disguise. :(
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I prefer vampires, I think they're more fun to play than aliens because they have more powers, or at least more powers that I find useful. I haven't really played any aliens since getting the vampire pack but I did have a sim who kept getting abducted by aliens, which resulted in 5 alien kids. And he hated children. I don't know when aliens got nerfed but I had that household back in Sept/October last year. They certainly didn't seem nerfed to me, or at least toned down. I thought they had been cranked up. They just kept coming for him night after night, haha.
  • Options
    PorkahontasPorkahontas Posts: 27 Member
    I personally think that vampires are kind of overrated. Aliens on the other hand can be really creative and are just much more fun to think of.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I like both, but prefer Vampires more for the sheer amount of gameplay possibilities I can do with them apart from aliens who even now there isn't as much I can do with them as I thought.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Vampires have so much potential for gameplay and hideousness.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I agree, I like a little mischief (sometimes a lot) and vampires are super handy for that, and handy for a lot of other things too. I love having a vampire around the house and with JA, they can use emotional influence for those traps that require a sim be in a certain mood to disarm, just in case you forgot to get or ran out of the berries. Now if Aliens could summon meteor showers like they did in 3, then they'd be a force to reckon with. (I really loved summoning meteors!) They just don't have as many unique abilities like vampires do. I don't dislike them but I wouldn't go out of my way to create one.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If they do werewolf Sims right (not the big puppies they were in Sims3), I think EA might recover from the MFP Stuff Pack embarrassment!

Alternately, either Witches (another of my fav) or Fairies (very close runner up)!

As an example, I took one of the Sims3 townies (Sunset Valley's Zelda Mae) and made her a fairy... just maybe not the way you'd expect -

NO dainty fairy here!

Uh2jYRp.jpg
    If they give us the Fairies, hopefully they put as much effort into them as they did the Vampires. Let it be so you could customize/custom color (or both) the wings, like you can customize Vampire fangs.

L0kSuWZ.jpg
    Let them have their FULL magical powers that they can create havoc and pranks with. Nothing was funner than using magic to have bees attack someone going to get their mail. Or better was transforming a Sims face to look hideous (for 24 hrs), to teach them to be nice to others.

BLm2388.jpg
    ERirIzI.jpg
    And Dear God - Let them be able to fly and hover, because it'd be pointless for a Fairy to have wings, if they're just gonna walk EVERYWHERE!

There's been a lot of changes at EA since Vampires came out. So there's no way of knowing what creative minds may have come and may be gone by now.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I never liked fairies, at all. Maybe because I am actually interested in IRL myths and legends and they don't play a big role in Scandinavian folklore unlike say British folk lore. 99% of everything Fairies do in British folklore Trolls do in Scandinavia.

...I want trolls! Give me sims with pointy ears, tusks and tails!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    I never played as vampires but I do have Aliens and they bore me. Not too fond of their clothing either. The only interactions I had with them though was then they abducted my male sims and impregnated them.
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    I love playing with aliens!
    A)don't have to worry about death/sunlight
    B)really cool to see genetics till it runs out!
    C)I find it really cute that if they are REALLY feeling great they glow!
    However:
    a)maybe you don't mind
    B)sometimes hybrids are hard to clothe
    C)also glow when they are uncomfortable.. Which in my save happens alot
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    I love playing with aliens!
    A)don't have to worry about death/sunlight
    B)really cool to see genetics till it runs out!
    C)I find it really cute that if they are REALLY feeling great they glow!
    However:
    a)maybe you don't mind
    B)sometimes hybrids are hard to clothe
    C)also glow when they are uncomfortable.. Which in my save happens alot

God, I hate the burning thing with the vampires. I've lost several from sunlight—which is why I'm slowly phasing vampirism out of my families. No more dropping dead on the front lawn, please and thank you.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I love faeries; they are my favorite supernatural being. They are so cute when they flutter their wings. As far as vamps vs aliens.....I'll take LeStat over ET any day. LOL
  • Options
    AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    I would pick vampires.
  • Options
    120181bella120181bella Posts: 10 New Member
    I’m probably on the wrong feed for this question but hoping someone can help, when I first began playing the vampires pack they came into other sims houses and would bite them but this doesn’t seem to happen anymore what do I need to do to make the vampires do this?
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Vampires. Aliens are dull, which is a shame since they have a cool design and a lot of potential with psychic abilities and their own homeworld (Sixam). If they had their own GP and expanded on with Sixam being a livable world instead of a small secret lot, Aliens would probably be more popular than Vampires.
  • Options
    jen1024jen1024 Posts: 18 Member
    Vampires
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I haven't really played with either yet (cause I always forget to) but at the moment I prefer Aliens. Vampires are just too...stalkerish to me. Like, every time I play a household, whether in a new save or just switching between families, almost every night without fail there is one standing outside the front door. They just walk up and stand there for a few hours and then leave but it's still annoying cause I have to keep an eye on them (plus how ever many Sims are in the current household) to make sure they don't bite/turn one of my Sims while I'm tending to something else.

Maybe after I actually play with Vampires I'll get a new appreciation for them but until then I'm totally Team Alien!
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Vampires for me.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I prefer Vampires and I don't even have the GP yet.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I actually need them both and more supernaturals.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    I love them both. lol Some of my favorite memories involving them.
    This was my very first alien couple (totally in disguise of course).
    34159285_1011691785647783_3968736445077651456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0695774cee6f4df8adc27aa2faa8437a&oe=5BB4465A
    I don't have the picture of them, but this was before EA fixed it, and they tried for a baby, and both of them ended up pregnant.
    He was VERY protective over her. One day while out enjoying each others company some rude woman came up and attempted to start a fight with the wife. That was until her knight in shinning armor came to her rescue.
    34189478_1011692162314412_6342065545268953088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=bf57a8b288b59ba522c655aa95496dac&oe=5BBED3FE
    He's looking at Geoffrey, and saying, "Yea, she's all mine." lol
    34176874_1011691452314483_5473426336846446592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b796dcc8ebf6dd4f9abdc6b589eef3db&oe=5BEAD97F

Gotta give a little love for those who've passed on.
    34199449_1011691975647764_7652700452303142912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b3e61ef24a9119d295b57a67412ea3a5&oe=5BB57005
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on