Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you kind of want but know are probably bad ideas that no one else wants ;-P

Comments

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I would also love them to include religions in-game, since they claim to be pushing diversity so much.

That is absolutely the LAST thing I'd want to see included. I get enough of it pushed on me in real life (some more than others).

In the Sims, I AM the god, hehe.

What if it was like the stuff in sims medieval? Or used a system similar to clubs? Then you could make up what every rules you wanted for what ever religion (real or not). that way it would just be a tool and wouldn't be preaching anything, and could be used for a variety of play styles like a fantasy setting.

I agree real world religions wouldn't quite work in the sims, but I could see having a tool to make up our own things being handy for a variety of people.

Side note for those who want religion; I have used clubs before to do something resembling a religious group. That might help.
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Before everyone bought cellphones, there were payphones *everywhere*, so things were not that different in the old days, unless you're talking about the pre-1870 world. Even before that, people sent texts through telegraphs.

But I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of ability to send snail mail or cards in the mail.

It wasn't the same, though. You could make calls if you had the right change ($0.25 was nice and round, but $0.35 less so, and that's just to make a basic local call.) "Hey mom, we're back from the marching band competition, come pick me up now?" was an actual voice call that you had to pay for immediately before making it. That's assuming that the call was expected, since caller ID wasn't as universal as it is now. And people *could* call payphones, but never really knew who would pick up or if the person they were trying to call was even nearby.
    The constant communication just wasn't there, and it did make a big cultural difference. It would be nice if the game had settings that would make different time periods more realistic. With phones, it's not even that long ago that everything was very different. You COULD communicate, but not with the same ease. And certainly things like the random casual texts in TS4 weren't a thing at all.
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I recently made my male Sim cheat on his wife and his mistress ended up being pregnant and a few days later, the wife got pregnant as well. Now these babies are kids and they met at the park. They didn't know each other but as soon as they started talking, their relationship status stated "brother and sister". I wish it would'nt... How could they know they are siblings since they never met and the father never told them he had an other child? It would be nice if Sims were able to say a child isn't theirs even if it is and/or to hide it from his family. After a deep conversation they could also confess to their spouse that they cheated and confess they had a baby.
    It would be great for storyline purposes but probably complicated to manage...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I recently made my male Sim cheat on his wife and his mistress ended up being pregnant and a few days later, the wife got pregnant as well. Now these babies are kids and they met at the park. They didn't know each other but as soon as they started talking, their relationship status stated "brother and sister". I wish it would'nt... How could they know they are siblings since they never met and the father never told them he had an other child? It would be nice if Sims were able to say a child isn't theirs even if it is and/or to hide it from his family. After a deep conversation they could also confess to their spouse that they cheated and confess they had a baby.

I had similar 'problem' in one of my saves. I have a Sim who got pregnant, but I decided to play as she decided to be a single mother. She had not even spoken to the father after she realised she's pregnant, so technically, the father didn't even know. Yet, when the baby was born, they obviously had a relationship already. I know it's not a big deal, but from storytelling point of view, such details would be a nice addition :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I would also love them to include religions in-game, since they claim to be pushing diversity so much.

That is absolutely the LAST thing I'd want to see included. I get enough of it pushed on me in real life (some more than others).

Well it would bring a much better quality to the game, especially since they claim to champion diversity. EA only supports diversity if it fits what I see as the liberal and progressive agendas. As a strict conservative, I see that as offensive.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Bad ideas, huh? Okay then...

1. Dark Faeries who steal babies, toddlers and children, like in the old tales. Maybe they also make a dark pact with a Sim to grant wishes, but then take a child as payment. They could raise them as slaves to the Fae or make them loyal protectors of their secrets, or maybe just devour them.

2. Scary werewolves who bite or harm Sims when the moon is full, so they have to chain themselves up or restrain themselves once a Sim week. If they do harm a Sim through biting, there's a chance of that Sim becoming a Werewolf or dying from injuries.

3. A Y2K technology apocalypse where all electronics fail and can no longer be used. Sims are forced live off the grid. But Aliens hold the power of technology. They could either enslave Sims with the power or teach them how to rebuild their world.

4. Deep jungle where dangerous animals exist, like Jaguars and giant serpents that could devour Sims like a cow plant. Include a lost culture who worship strange gods and practice Sim sacrifice to appease them.

5. The "Simquisition". They are a religious cult of Witch hunters who Imprison and destroy any being that exhibits magic. They see themselves as protectors of all of Simdom. The supernaturals need to go into hiding or ally against them.

6. Death from being too sad, like dying of heartbreak. Also, death by Fear.

7. Crime syndicates and more in depth police career with risks.

8. Negative trait reward system.

9. Accidents and injuries and more in depth doctor career.

10. More in depth mad scientist who can use any sim who died within a week and animate them. Perhaps a way to " Frankensim" the dead. Also, the ability to create a "Jekyll and Hyde" potion, turning a Sim into a temporary destructive killer.

THIS is how you do DLC for DLC <3>:)

#Team Occult
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

1. Dark Faeries who steal babies, toddlers and children, like in the old tales. Maybe they also make a dark pact with a Sim to grant wishes, but then take a child as payment. They could raise them as slaves to the Fae or make them loyal protectors of their secrets, or maybe just devour them.

2. Scary werewolves who bite or harm Sims when the moon is full, so they have to chain themselves up or restrain themselves once a Sim week. If they do harm a Sim through biting, there's a chance of that Sim becoming a Werewolf or dying from injuries.

3. A Y2K technology apocalypse where all electronics fail and can no longer be used. Sims are forced live off the grid. But Aliens hold the power of technology. They could either enslave Sims with the power or teach them how to rebuild their world.

4. Deep jungle where dangerous animals exist, like Jaguars and giant serpents that could devour Sims like a cow plant. Include a lost culture who worship strange gods and practice Sim sacrifice to appease them.

5. The "Simquisition". They are a religious cult of Witch hunters who Imprison and destroy any being that exhibits magic. They see themselves as protectors of all of Simdom. The supernaturals need to go into hiding or ally against them.

10. More in depth mad scientist who can use any sim who died within a week and animate them. Perhaps a way to " Frankensim" the dead. Also, the ability to create a "Jekyll and Hyde" potion, turning a Sim into a temporary destructive killer.

Strongly Agree 6 and 7. And I have a criminal sim, I think criminals' life are too easeful.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

This is kind of amazing. :)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited April 2018

Well it would bring a much better quality to the game, especially since they claim to champion diversity. EA only supports diversity if it fits what I see as the liberal and progressive agendas. As a strict conservative, I see that as offensive.

Glancing at today's liberal and progressive agenda:

9:30am: Champion Diversity
    10:00am: Coffee break

....yup, you're right.

As far as religion in the game goes, I wouldn't mind seeing the return of holidays beyond a few items they have in - Christmas, of course, but other cultures' celebrations as well. (I mean somewhat more overtly than a few related items like snowmen. ETA: Although the more I think about it I can see why such a thing would be extremely difficult to implement.)
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

I love the whole list. The game badly needs an edge, in my opinion.

• Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Personally, I would love to have paper newpapers and landlines back. Getting rid of the cell phones would be wonderful, especially for those of us who want the game not to occur in modern day where everyone is addicted to their electronic devices. I think it was a poor design choice to require all sims from age kid to elder to have a cell phone.

Before everyone bought cellphones, there were payphones *everywhere*, so things were not that different in the old days, unless you're talking about the pre-1870 world. Even before that, people sent texts through telegraphs.

But I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of ability to send snail mail or cards in the mail.

or bring back the cell phone kiosk u had to buy a cell phone just didnt get one automatic and the welcome wagon and random jerks come knock on door I know u can use lot trait to stop this but in rl if some person i did not know came knock on my door they would get a base ball bat welcome
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Death by heart attack or pneumonia or cancer.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member

I had to deal with cancer when I was a child and later on as an adult. If cancer becomes a feature in the game hopefully it will be optional.
  • Options

I had to deal with cancer when I was a child and later on as an adult. If cancer becomes a feature in the game hopefully it will be optional.

Oh, I'm so sorry about that! I just thought it would be good for storytelling... :(
  • Options
    morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    I think it would be nice if sims had to go on an interview to get the job they want. Rather than just getting it automatically when they decide they want to work in that career. That way you have to have a few base skills when you go in!

I also really want private school back. I loved hosting the headmaster in TS2.
  • Options
    I think it would be nice if sims had to go on an interview to get the job they want. Rather than just getting it automatically when they decide they want to work in that career. That way you have to have a few base skills when you go in!

Yeah, fancy private school for rich Sims that provides even more of a career boost if you graduate with an A!

Also, it'd be kinda' funny if your Sim could be rejected for an entry-level job straight out of high school, because they don't have prior work experience.
  • Options

Oh, I'm so sorry about that! I just thought it would be good for storytelling... :(

Didn't thought about it that way and you are right it could potentially be good for storytelling purposes. Maybe these illnesses can be name a little bit on the comical side.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Maybe these illnesses can be name a little bit on the comical side.

Couldn't that be seen as making light of them, though?
  • Options

Maybe these illnesses can be name a little bit on the comical side.

Couldn't that be seen as making light of them, though?

Depending on the name, description, and side effects EA chooses for the illnesses.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I would like more realistic relationships. Sometimes I want to pretend that a Sim is in love with someone else but this person doesn't love them back. But it is currently impossible. Either they both love each other or they don't, they can't have different feelings... Sorry I don't know if that makes sense, English is not my first language ^^

Supposedly it is possible in game, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it without cheats or mods.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    Crime, but done in a cartoonish way. This won't happen, though, and it's probably for the best.

There are kleptomaniac Sims, so it's there in small amounts. I had a lot of fun playing a kleptomaniac ghost in one household. I've been thinking about starting a gang for evil kids and teens so they can stir up trouble in one of the public lots using the Get Together clubs. It's there if you look.

I did a klepto vampire -- with the Vampiric Entrance it was a piece of cake to break in and steal something, then if the homeowner is there grab a late-night snack at the same time. >:)
  • Options
    I'm not religious, but I like to think some of my sims are, so it would be cool to have various religions (or cults) in the game. I've already come up with a rather elaborate system in my head and was thinking about posting it in the ideas section, but that would be pointless because I know it will never happen anyway. No matter how you do it (realistic and based on actual religions, or totally outlandish), someone will find a way to be offended by it.

A religious system like we had in Sims Medieval would be interesting.
  • Options

I think the "brother/sister" indication is added by the game to ensure that the two can't get married or Woohoo; it automatically disables the romantic function so you're not going to have incestuous relationships. (I had a non-Sims story in my mind about a woman and a man falling in love only to find out they were half-siblings.)
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I think the "brother/sister" indication is added by the game to ensure that the two can't get married or Woohoo; it automatically disables the romantic function so you're not going to have incestuous relationships.

Very good point. O-O;
  • Options

I'd also like to have a bit more challenge to getting a job, and bring back private school. Maybe a shorter school day but more and harder homework (find 3 frogs for Biology Lab, or write an essay after interviewing an elder, or practice an instrument for 2 hours) and you need to maintain a certain grade level or you get kicked out and back to public school.