Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about tray folders and shared accounts

First off, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything.

Anyway, my great-niece and I now share my account so she can play Sims4 on her laptop. If I delete something from My Library while on my computer would she would lose it too? Or, if I use something like the Tray Importer to delete tray items does it only remove it from my local computer or from the online My Library also?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    If I delete something from My Library while on my computer would she would lose it too?

No
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Library is local items houses, sims, rooms in your tray folder. Gallery is shared houses, rooms, sims. If you remove them from the gallery, they will no longer be online or be able to be shared. If you remove them from tray folder, it only removes it from that computer.

At the same time, unless you share to the gallery, your niece would not be able to access your library/tray folder from her laptop. Each computer has their own saves, tray, mods, screenshots, etc. Those are not global, they are local.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    OK, thanks @cupid & @chellejo! My great-niece is 8 and loves to create sims, and I have a lot of them on my laptop (which I copied over to hers) and would like to delete them to (hopefully) improve game performance. Just didn't want to do it if she'd lose them too as she likes to make them over occasionally. She's also just starting to tackle building, lord help me LOL. I love that girl :smiley:
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    OK, thanks @cupid & @chellejo! My great-niece is 8 and loves to create sims, and I have a lot of them on my laptop (which I copied over to hers) and would like to delete them to (hopefully) improve game performance. Just didn't want to do it if she'd lose them too as she likes to make them over occasionally. She's also just starting to tackle building, lord help me LOL. I love that girl :smiley:

I understand. My daughter (10) loves creating sims, making them over and build and decorate houses. She doesn't "play" the game much longer than 5 to 10 minutes, but will spend hours creating.

I was buying her and I, both, copies of all the packs and bought us both the base game. She has on her account every pack released to a couple past city living. Then I decided, I was tired of spending double the money for all releases when all she does is load her game up with cc and make sims and builds houses. So she started sharing my account (our own computers).

My only rule. I get to be the one online. I think it's cute though. And she makes some really great sims. If I was into alpha cc like she is, I'd copy her mods folder and play her sims cause they are adorable! :blush:
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Starfree :)
    It is very special that you and your great niece are sharing together your love of simming <3 You sound like a very caring and kind great aunt. Happy simming to the both of you! :) I hope that her learning to build goes well!
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    Thanks @rosemow. And yes, she's doing ok with building; not ready for mansions, but she'll get there eventually if she continues :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Thanks @rosemow. And yes, she's doing ok with building; not ready for mansions, but she'll get there eventually if she continues :smiley:

You’re welcome :)