Friday highlights for April 20th are out! Check out the highlights here!
APRIL 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Patch notes here.

My whole game disappeared?

First off, hi, it's been awhile everyone! So a few days ago I made a new household but decided that I didn't want to move them in right then so I saved and exited my game at the move in screen. I launched the game today and EVERYTHING I had ever done was gone. All of my custom lots were gone, my households that were moved in to each lot were gone, everything. I mean I have my households saved to the gallery and some of my lots but what happened? A house that I had been working on for an entire week is gone and I'm devastated.

Is there any way for me to get my stuff back?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 128,342 Member
    Hello
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.
  • tylerjaytylerjay Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry to sort of take over this thread, but I'm a new member and it wont allow me to start my own thread and I really need some help. My sims files were saving onto my one drive, and I hadn't really been bothered about that until I ran out of storage on there. So, I moved my Electronic Arts folder to my desktop and uninstalled One Drive because I knew Sims would save there again if I left it. So, I backed up my saves and moved my Electronic Arts folder to my documents folder, started the game and was met with the "welcome to Sims 4" screen with all the pop ups about the packs I've got. My saves are all in the folder (and my mods are all there too), but when I go into the game it's like I've never played before, and all my mods are gone from CAS. I've googled it and followed all the steps but it wasn't working, so I searched my computer for Electronic Arts and found out that my game is saving to User/Public/Public Documents instead of User/tyler/Documents, so I've got two Electronic Arts folders and even though I keep deleting it from Public Documents every time I start the game it generates the file there again. Do I have to just move my saves and mods into the Public Documents folder and just have it save there or is there a way to stop this from happening? Thank you and sorry again :)
    Update: I deleted the Public Documents folder and started the game, and it instantly created a One Drive folder and saved in there instead when I don't even have One Drive installed on my computer anymore. Also, the Public Documents folder has also reappeared. I've tried google and can't find a fix for it anywhere, guess I'm just stuck with my saves in the Public Documents folder for now.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 28,367 Member
    edited April 16
    It sounds like you do actually still have OneDrive installed. Try searching for OneDrive on your computer. You can use it to tell OneDrive which folders not to sync. OneDrive syncing confuses The Sims.
    Just searched for it in my computer, and it's definitely not installed anymore. I deleted the Public user folder, then found out that I shouldn't have done that and now I have no idea what to do to restore that - you can probably tell I'm not as good with this stuff as I thought..
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 836 Member
    Is the deleted folder still in your recycle bin? If so you can recover it from there.
    OZHI1F2.jpg

edited April 16
    H_alces wrote: »
    First off, hi, it's been awhile everyone! So a few days ago I made a new household but decided that I didn't want to move them in right then so I saved and exited my game at the move in screen. I launched the game today and EVERYTHING I had ever done was gone. All of my custom lots were gone, my households that were moved in to each lot were gone, everything. I mean I have my households saved to the gallery and some of my lots but what happened? A house that I had been working on for an entire week is gone and I'm devastated.

Is there any way for me to get my stuff back?

I had this happen, all I to do was click the play button on the main menu, when map view opened it said "moving (sim/family name)" at the top. I completed the move, then saved and exited to the main menu and all of my other saves were right where they were supposed to be. I scared myself pretty good for a few minutes though. :D
    OZHI1F2.jpg

> @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Is the deleted folder still in your recycle bin? If so you can recover it from there.

No, I emptied the recycle bin and most of the apps on my desktop disappeared, that's when I realised something was wrong
    Oh no, I'm sorry. Not sure what to do now. Um...maybe if you post all this in here

forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

Someone may be able to help you better.
    OZHI1F2.jpg

I'm not allowed to post yet as I'm a new member which is why I commented here, I looked where to post my issue and it said in Technical Discussions as it's an issue with saving but thank you anyway
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 128,342 Member
    edited April 16
    tylerjay wrote: »
    Update: I deleted the Public Documents folder and started the game, and it instantly created a One Drive folder and saved in there instead when I don't even have One Drive installed on my computer anymore. Also, the Public Documents folder has also reappeared. I've tried google and can't find a fix for it anywhere, guess I'm just stuck with my saves in the Public Documents folder for now.

Hello
    This link explains how to turn off, disable or uninstall One Drive. I am not sure if that is what you did but it may help if you are continuing to have One Drive game issues.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US