Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Asking for friend - Best PC for The Sims

Since the lovely @chesterbigbird and @phoebebebe13 helped me with my PC when I was in the market last year, this is always my go to place when someone is after a new PC.

One of my friends does YouTube and is after a new PC that can run The Sims 2 - 4 on high specs. She also needs to be able to record and edit videos. She's in the USA and her budget is between $1200 - $1300, but she's willing to save up a little bit more if she needs to.

I suggested a custom build since they tend to be a little bit cheaper and better than off the shelf, but that's about as far as I got.

Help! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Custom would be the best way to go. Send chester a PM , you might get an answer quicker :)
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    pm sent :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    pm sent :)

Hit you back...thank you m'dear :mrgreen:
  • Options
    robynx3orobynx3o Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd shop around sites like Newegg and the like. Building your own desktop was cheaper until the crypto craze. If you're looking at 1080s and 1070s (GPUs), then I would highly recommend you check for individual part prices and compare them with pre-built systems.

If your friend is decided about getting a custom PC, then I suggest you watch the prices if she intends to save up. GPU prices have been going down and you might want to watch the trend if it continues down or huddles up. There's also that rumor going around about RAM prices going down soon, but who knows.

Cheers
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    robynx3o wrote: »
    I'd shop around sites like Newegg and the like. Building your own desktop was cheaper until the crypto craze. If you're looking at 1080s and 1070s (GPUs), then I would highly recommend you check for individual part prices and compare them with pre-built systems.

If your friend is decided about getting a custom PC, then I suggest you watch the prices if she intends to save up. GPU prices have been going down and you might want to watch the trend if it continues down or huddles up. There's also that rumor going around about RAM prices going down soon, but who knows.

Cheers

Thanks @robynx3o - got it all sorted now! :mrgreen: