Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I used codes for physical copies of expansions of the Sims 3 (pets, ambitions) but I have an issue..

Dartpaw86Dartpaw86 Posts: 68 Member
I long since got a brand new computer, but the downloaded expansion packs gotten with the codes are no longer active on my account, and using the codes again says "You've already redeemed these"

I don't know what to do! I refuse to re-buy them, because I already own them. But I can't figure out how to get them back.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Thank you, but EA's help section only deals with specific "common" problems, unless I contact a dev directly and I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that... really to be honest, I don't even care about the packs anymore, as the 5 I can't use anymore are...

-World Adventures: I love the cultural stuff and able to learn songs and recipes in other languages but from what I heard, the exploring section became horribly broken after a later update making them unbeatable

-Nightlife: I get vampires in the Supernatural pack, I never cared for nightclubs really. Though the apartment buildings while a fun concept I never actually used them much, preferring normal houses.

-Showtime: I hate the celebrity feature, it's annoying and obnoxious. Although some of the new skills are cool, and I get Genies, but really, it's not worth buying a whole new pack for.

-Pets: I love this pack, but to be honest, I feel Sims 4 did them better, so I can play that for pets if I need. Besides I heard of a disturbing glitch with the animals if I fast-forward too much.

-Ambitions: The only pack I would love to keep and have no issues with. It's one of my fav packs actually, so I may just buy it again.
  • Options
    No thanks then, I'm fine :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2018
    You're missing packs for The Sims 3? You've posted this in the Sims 4 Tech section by mistake. No need to purchase packs again... I promise EA/Origin can help. It can be done within 30 minutes or less depending on wait time. More time if they are busy. Normally, if you really did have these packs registered at some point... They can look up this information and fix it for you. Make sure you are logging into the account the packs/codes were originally registered to. DLC/Packs will be listed under the Base Game via Origin client. They made this change a while ago in case you weren't aware.
    • Download/Install Origin if you haven't already
    • Open Origin Client
    • My Game Library
    • Right-click The Sims 3 cover > Show Game Details
    • Extra Content (All registered packs should display here for download.)

The most help you will get here on the official forums is from other players. Account issues like you're having is on EAs end... We as players can't do anything. It's not unheard of to have packs not show up and if you follow the link rose linked, you can contact either by chat or phone to get help. Plenty of other people have had the same sort of issue and this is sorted by EA/Origin help.
    • https://help.ea.com/
    • Contact Us at the top
    • Select The Sims 3
    • Missing Content under Select topic*
    • Had content and lost it under Select issue*
    • Select contact option
    • Choose between Chat & Get a call

See, they do offer help for this sort of thing. Missing Content is a category. :) When you post in the Tech section, expect to have players trying to help like it or not. lol
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have to agree with @SimplyJen. EA takes a lot of criticism for many different things, but by reputation their customer service with account issues like this is actually very good. But it does have to be done by way of a realtime conversation, whether that be online chat or telephone callback. And I also agree that the OP shouldn't have to repurchase anything if they are intending to stay with an Origin controlled install.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    No, no, no it's not that I'm judging EA help service or anything, I just honestly felt it was too much trouble for packs I realized I didn't really like for the most part.

But you guys convinced me :)

Thanks :3 But also I'm just really shy talking to strangers in live chats (I'm fine with chats like these, because I don't feel on edge, and can think clearer) also there's the question if the service is free or not.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's free, it's easy, and the people on the other end try really hard to make things work for you. I'm really uncomfortable chatting with strangers too, especially on the phone, but I waited until late enough at night (maybe 12:30 pacific time) that I got an online chat (instant message style, so less pressure) instead. The wait was about three minutes. It probably took longer to solve my account issue than it should have, but the person helping me was willing to stick around until I said I was done.

Besides, you never know when you might want a feature of one of your missing EPs for a particular story arc in one of your games, and this way the packs will be right at your fingertips whenever you want them.
  • Options
    True :) thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, I can't do phone calls either. Live chats are laid back and don't have to be stressful. Like igazor said... an issue like this is no problem.
    In my experience: Some of the reps aren't properly trained but this stuff is basic knowledge most of them know and they are quick to transfer the conversation to another rep if they can't solve it.

As for the packs you don't care for...
    - WA travel glitches (if you use mods) can be solved with NRaas: Traveler. You don't need to adjust settings. It's there to catch errors among other features.
    - Celebrity status comes with LN and I too hate it. EA Story Progression has the option to turn it off with in-game settings. You can use NRaas mods to turn it off as well or there's even a mod to add different levels of difficulty so sims don't gain reputation at the drop of a hat.
    - Can't say I know of the Pets glitch... Currently playing with 6 of them in my legacy household (7 if you count critters). However, integrated cards will not render pets properly. For this pack, it is recommended to have a dedicated card.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Can't say I know of the Pets glitch... Currently playing with 6 of them in my legacy household (7 if you count critters). However, integrated cards will not render pets properly. For this pack, it is recommended to have a dedicated card.

According to the "Nightmare Fuel" page for The Sims on TvTropes, fast-forwarding too much could possibly do the "stretchy" glitch for the pets where they get all long and distorted. It never said how rare/common this is, or if it only does so with various graphical cards etc...
  • Options
    Dartpaw86 wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Can't say I know of the Pets glitch... Currently playing with 6 of them in my legacy household (7 if you count critters). However, integrated cards will not render pets properly. For this pack, it is recommended to have a dedicated card.

According to the "Nightmare Fuel" page for The Sims on TvTropes, fast-forwarding too much could possibly do the "stretchy" glitch for the pets where they get all long and distorted. It never said how rare/common this is, or if it only does so with various graphical cards etc...
    Ohh now I know what you're talking about. I used to have it happen in my game but I haven't seen it in a long while. Maybe someone else can confirm if this is still an issue or not.