Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can't show picture of jungle?

I am starting to explore the cultural skill and now I have a whim which is asking me to select from friendly category to show picture of the jungle. I can't seem to find anything there ? Do I actually need a picture of the jungle in my inventory to do that??

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I have never taken pictures of the jungle and this friendly interaction comes up for me all the time. However, mostly it comes up when I'm back home and no longer vacationing. Though I have managed to show pictures of the jungle to local merchants while there.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    it might be that you're skill isn't high enough? meaning that your sim wants to higher it in order to do so - I know more Salvadorian interactions become available as you progress in the skill
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    i have to travel home to perform this action it seems!
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »

That's very strange indeed..

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    jimbbq wrote: »

That's very strange indeed..

Not really as it is to share your trip pictures with friends just like people do in real life when they go on vacation - they come home and tell others of their adventures and hopefully have taken pictures to share.

You may need to own a camera and actually take pictures during the adventure to have pictures to show -perhaps.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @Writin_Reg or if you want to ask a local a question you'd show them a photo to talk about it.. would you not?

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The only time I had opportunity to show locals a picture - was pictures I had already on my sims cell phone during conversation with the locals - when I was "getting to know" a local at the Cantina. My sim did not have a camera with her - but she did have her cell phone of course and lots of selfies with friends back home to share pics of. After she shared her pictures - she was able to ask her new friends to take a selfie - but that is - so far the only time taking a picture came up. Perhaps it takes a skill in photography or something.

I just assume because my sim is not big on taking pictures and does not own a camera - she does not get game offered options to take pictures other than selfies with the locals after she starts getting to know them.

The only time though when I noticed anything about showing pictures came up for my sim was after she came back home and was talking about her trip to her friend - a whim came up for her to share her selfies of the locals with her friend -

So logically what you are saying would be something that might have came up if your sims actually took a picture to ask the locals about - but so far I have not seen that particular scenario come up in the jungle - only after talking about the trip with friends after sims got home.

Not saying it is impossible - but it has not yet came up for me. I do get lots of options back home though to tell other about each of my Sims trip and to show pictures of the trip to all my sims friends right after they get home - each time.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Is it possible it's simply an available interaction, that if selected will produce an animation of showing pictures, even if no actual ones were taken?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Is it possible it's simply an available interaction, that if selected will produce an animation of showing pictures, even if no actual ones were taken?

I have a feeling it may be an option of sims that have the photography skill and carries a camera - maybe. Which none of my sims do so I have no way to check it as I am not interested in that skill. I liked it in sims 3 because of the collections - but I am not interested in photography for no other reason as it has no purpose in the game really. In real life i almost never take pictures - not even selfies - just not a picture kind of person. I am lousy at it to boot. LOL.

But if you have sim skilling in that - perhaps take them to the jungle and see if it pops up. Maybe Carl's guides on Sims 4 has something on it. I don't go there but maybe you do.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The friendly social interaction is called "Show Pictures of Selvadorada" I believe, and I could use that interaction during my whole first vacation there. I used it on my Sim's spouse, on the merchants, on the cantina patrons, on the mixologist there, on the museum visitors...

Mind you they don't have any skills in Photography, so if it's even tied to a skill, it's not that.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I have been there a few times and thus far all I have is share pictures or share selfies - but it does not offer to share pictures of Selvadorada or the jungle. Yet when she gets home and tells a friend about her trip - then gets the option to show pictures of the Jungle or Selvadorada.

So I must be doing something wrong. I have maxed the culture and dance in JA - but I did that the first week trip there.

In dreams - I LIVE!