Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Political Career

I know this has been mentioned before so I'm not the only one who misses the political career. I understand it's on City Living, but all the reviews for CL seem trash. I don't think it's fair, especially since I bought Get To Work. The name implies that all careers become available. I don't mind buying packs but the money grabbing and exclusivity of typically base-game features is V annoying.
2lub093.png

Comments

• Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Not sure if you use CC but I can make you one, if you like?
  • Options
    Amaraen82Amaraen82 Posts: 25 Member
    I enjoyef City Living and the Political career. It felt more like real politics, since you need to go out and campaign, hold rallies, and such. It feels like grass-roots politics.

I recommend giving City Living a chance! You're missing out on one of the best towns, with apartments and festivals and such.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    Never played that career, but with City Living you have work from home jobs introduced. It is not like Get to Work where you go to a separate location. I hardly use the apartments, but I often use the careers, festivals, the food stall booths, and build/buy/CAS items. You do not need to live in the apartments to enjoy parts of it.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    fifilacota wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair, especially since I bought Get To Work. The name implies that all careers become available.
    :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not really? I mean even in the trailer it tells you what careers will be active. Never really implied that ALL jobs will be interactive. Pretty much like ambitions in the sims 3. The jobs in CL you can surprisingly work from home with which is nice. I actually don't find that to be a money grab since gtw was one of My favorite Ep's. Though I hope they make more jobs like that to work from home.

CL isn't that bad. Most of my disappointment was apartments being locked to one world, but I still like my sims being able to rent an apartment. If they were to add the political career in a patch it'd just be a rabbit like hole job like the others. There's always mixed reviews with just about any expansion in sim games.

Best way to find out is to play it yourself and form your own opinion as its always a different experience when you play something via someone like on youtube.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i don't think there is any sims four title with good reviews.
    i personally like city living (hate the townie name/clothes nonsense tho), and the political career is fun.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    I would never say no to that, in fact I'd love you forever.

Thanks for the info everyone, maybe I'll give CL a chance one day.
    I also saw the trailer.
    2lub093.png
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member

I’d be interested in it if you ever get it done :)
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    City Living is great

The festivals are fun
    The venues are fun
    The foods are fun
    The apartments are fun!
    The political career is fun except how you have to get votes to advance your career and the votes are hard to get.

And your sims don't have to live in the city to enjoy the city.
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Where were you looking at reviews that made CL sound so bad?
    There are always complaints, but overall I enjoy it. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but they way they do the sales, I'm pretty sure that they price the EPs with the expectation that people will wait for sales. It's a common enough strategy. I also wait for sales to buy sewing patterns from the major companies, soda, oreos, magazine subscriptions...
    I'd say it's definitely worth snagging when there's an Origin sale.
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    fifilacota wrote: »
    I would never say no to that, in fact I'd love you forever.

Thanks for the info everyone, maybe I'll give CL a chance one day.
    I also saw the trailer.

No problem, I'll get to it. What branches would you like? Or just a copy of the sims 3 career? PM me or tag me in your reply.
    HueyJefe wrote: »

I’d be interested in it if you ever get it done :)

I'll update here when I've done it. I'll probably be the weekend.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I know this has been mentioned before so I'm not the only one who misses the political career. I understand it's on City Living, but all the reviews for CL seem trash. I don't think it's fair, especially since I bought Get To Work. The name implies that all careers become available. I don't mind buying packs but the money grabbing and exclusivity of typically base-game features is V annoying.

Just letting you know, City Living got better reviews than Nightlife and Late Night.

A lot of people don’t like City Living because outside of Apartments, a lot of the new gameplay is locked behind the careers. For people who don’t want to play the new careers, there’s not much more to do.

If you’re someone who likes careers, City Living is a great pack :)
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I like the political career in city living, love the work from home option.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Just letting you know, City Living got better reviews than Nightlife and Late Night.

A lot of people don’t like City Living because outside of Apartments, a lot of the new gameplay is locked behind the careers. For people who don’t want to play the new careers, there’s not much more to do.

If you’re someone who likes careers, City Living is a great pack :)

How is CL having better reviews than Nightlife and Late Night relevant to the post you quoted?

@fifilacota if you liked GTW i'd say definitely wait for when CL goes on sale. I think you'll be satisfied with how the sort-of active careers work.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I personally love City Living. It is my favorite addition to TS4.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    City Living is still my favourite pack to date. City Living adds so many new story telling opportunities.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    CL is not trash, it's just mediocre with some features (festivals, apartments) that could have been better developed. The backdrops are awesome, the food carts come in handy in every world and the politics career is a lot of fun, second only to scientist.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't think CL is trash per se, it's what got me to buy TS4 initially after watching an LP that had living in the city in mind.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Another point about CL, is your Sims can now learn how to sing! I miss the singer career from Sims3 so much it hurts. Going back to play Sims3, however, just reminds me of all that I hated about that iteration, and very little of what I loved about it, having been rather up front about my love/hate relationship with it. With the Road to Fame mod, I'm hoping to recreate a singer career in Sims4. Wish me luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JurassicKingJurassicKing Posts: 63 Member
    There's a political career mod but the people I've watched play it hated it. It was very slow and tedious.
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have a son lightspeeeeeed!
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I really miss so much carreers as Psychology, Laws, Stylist, indeed Politics and so many more.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    @Simsophonique Ive seen mods for all of those on MTS
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    CL is one of the better EPs. The apartments add realism to the game, and makes playing a household feel less isolated. Paying rent, having building restrictions, neighbor problems, etc. adds to the realness. The festivals and collectibles (well the posters) are great too. Plus there’s social media, if your sim enters that career or has high Charisma. If you have other EPs/GPs, the community lots in the neighborhoods can easily be swapped out for restaurants, spas, and stores.
    I like a variety of worlds, and CL gives me an urban landscape I wouldn’t be able to find elsewhere.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    City Living is one of the strongest packs in my opinion.
  • Options
    fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member

CL is not trash, it's just mediocre
    :D
    agustd wrote: »
    @fifilacota if you liked GTW i'd say definitely wait for when CL goes on sale. I think you'll be satisfied with how the sort-of active careers work.
    I think I will! Wish I talked to you all when it was on sale, but I can wait... >:)
    It's one of the more expensive packs so I appreciate @DBClayton and everyone else's informative perspectives

@midnitetech I PM'd you xx

2lub093.png