Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why wasn't this Small Pets SP announced in the Quarterly Teaser?

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm wondering if maybe there is some kind of bonus or secret skill for kids to care for them? Though honestly I can see why it wasn't added into Cats and Dogs.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    They said they wanted to wait to show it due to its reliance on the C&D Expansion.

I imagine they were wanting to avoid the outrage that they are currently experiencing. Having that reaction back then would have forced them to make changes to the pack. Now they’ve resorted to misleading people.

What exactly do you find misleading?

This tweet right here. The pet is one thing, it just comes in different colors. That’s like saying Cats and Dogs came with dozens of different animals - it did not it came with cats and dogs. The pattern variations are minuscule differences that only affect their outward appearance. Not enough to classify something as entirely different. So yes I find this tweet very misleading.

Ok but we don’t know yet if these different rodents have exclusive behaviour/interactivity, so until we find out it’s not misleading.

Thank you @AlbaWaterhouse !

As I said filipomel his tweet was misleading. He was trying to make it out like there were more to this pack than one hamster with different color swatches.

Ok there's one question answered, was his wording misleading? Perhaps a little, but I don't think it's something to make a fuss over, we're getting a new pet and it has some variety in its appearance.

I will kindly ask that you don’t determine what is worthy of “making a fuss over” for other people. The SimGurus are an official source of information about upcoming releases, when they tweet information that has intentionally misleading verbiage I will call it like I see it. It doesn’t matter to me how you feel on the matter, some of us take these things rather seriously.

I didn't determine anything, I said "I don't think it's something to make a fuss over," as in that's my opinion, I never said you or anyone else can't make a fuss over it.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I think it was probably intended to be a free update but then they made it a SP last minute
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I can agree with everyone who is upset. EA listen to your customers! It's just basic marketing...no one asked for "my first pet stuff" nor for freaking LAUNDRY! The recent stuff packs this year have been very disappointing.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's certainly interesting that they announced it almost IMMEDIATELY after Jungle Adventure hit the shelves.

Also the same exact day as the Sims Mobile launch.

"Hey guys! Take a look at our free game!"
    "Also, please pay $10 for stuff that should have been in the original EP, cheers!"

Soooo transparent. Even the Guru's are having a hard time trying to justify it.

I do feel bad for them though, I kind of feel like this wasn't up to them.
  • Options
    WhistlerWhistler Posts: 1 New Member
    This just sums this TS4 series up really doesn't it?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's like with Parenting and Toddler Stuff, only this time you have to pay for the pack it expands.

I had hoped that the majority of the pack would be new things, and the only Cats&Dogs stuff would be clothes. Instead, quite a bit of it looks like Cats&Dogs reskins. Pet beds, dog bowl reskins, even the cat play towers. It all looks very nice, but it's very low-effort and very little use without the EP.

It's true that a lot of people own Cats&Dogs, but reskins do not make for new stuff. Neither do wall prints and rugs. Heck, some of the stuff in the trailer is from Cats&Dogs directly!

I think I'll get this pack. After all, it will make the lives of my kids and pets much more decorative. I like how pets can wear lots of Sims clothes. It's certainly one way to get more things for your pets. But it's not a step I'm comfortable with EA taking, as it encourages them to use reskins more and make less new items.

I don't think this pack will convince anybody to get C&D who wasn't already going to get it. But I'll bet EA is hoping it will.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    kellivan68kellivan68 Posts: 34 Member
    I don't care what anyone thinks. I am surprised, happy, excited and very much looking forward to this pack. I love the fact that they didn't include it in the quarterly teaser ... makes it that much more exciting. I hope they do this more often. Hooray for them.
  • Options
    It's possible they didn't include it in the quarterly teaser because people were still in the throes of buying Cats&Dogs. Or maybe they wanted to spend as little time as possible jacking people off.

They've got a lot of cheek bringing it out this soon after though.

Face it, there was a lot of time spent coding pets and pet-specific items. I'd rather the EP guys worked on that than more skins. But then EA went to the SP team and said "Okay, C&D is coming out. Make extra stuff for it and we'll sell it as another pack." And they knocked on the EP guys door and asked for a bunch of code to make reskins with.

On the other hand, how else did you expect to get more things for your pets? Free?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. Any intended jokes or sarcasm aside, boycott posts/threads are against the rules.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    *rolls eyes*

I'm not going to not buy this pack just to spite EA. Especially when I already bought Cats&Dogs. Doesn't mean I think this is a good way to expand expansion packs.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    1. They knew there was going to be a lot of Jungle adventure excitement and goodwill in the community that could help soften the blow, and
    2. they wanted to give us as little opportunity as possible to express our outrage before the stuff pack is out.

There.

Preached.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    1. They knew there was going to be a lot of Jungle adventure excitement and goodwill in the community that could help soften the blow, and
    2. they wanted to give us as little opportunity as possible to express our outrage before the stuff pack is out.

There.

Preached.

Said it myself.

I feel kind of sorry for the Stuff Pack Devs to be honest. EA obviously went up to them and told them "Make more pets stuff" right when C&D came out. It's hard to know just how much of this stuff could have been in the EP, because EP devs were spending all their time on new code. It still feels like a money grab though when so much of it is reskins.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    *rolls eyes*

I'm not going to not buy this pack just to spite EA. Especially when I already bought Cats&Dogs. Doesn't mean I think this is a good way to expand expansion packs.

It is not to spite EA. It is because I do not think it is worth buying. EA is already filthy rich and people buy whatever bug-ridden mess they release (I am looking at you, Island Paradise). My not buying this pack is irrelevant for them. But it is relevant for me, which is enough.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    If you buy the pack then don't be surprised if it happens again in the future. The only real way to get the message to EA is to not buy the pack.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    If you buy the pack then don't be surprised if it happens again in the future. The only real way to get the message to EA is to not buy the pack.

AMEN!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

There.

Preached.

Said it myself.

I feel kind of sorry for the Stuff Pack Devs to be honest. EA obviously went up to them and told them "Make more pets stuff" right when C&D came out. It's hard to know just how much of this stuff could have been in the EP, because EP devs were spending all their time on new code. It still feels like a money grab though when so much of it is reskins.

Yeah. I hope their payment is worth of all the stress the executives put them through so often. Higher folks put garbage in the menu and they're the ones to face the costumers and serve it.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Whistler wrote: »
    This just sums this TS4 series up really doesn't it?

The Sims 2 - 4*

Yes.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I think this is the REAL reason. How did they expect people to react? They knew people would be annoyed. If they had put this in the quarterly teaser people would be complaining for months, and they didn't want that.

Then they should've simply never come up with the idea in the first place... there are literally no excuses for this stuff pack or lack of announcements for it... and honestly, the fact that they wanted to avoid an outrage to begin with tells me that they clearly know this is completely unethical... and yet, they insist on doing it anyway.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2018
    Like others have said, it's probably because they wanted to avoid the outrage that's happening right now... but in all honesty, that just tells me that they know what they're doing is unethical and unnecessary... but they insist on doing it anyway because that's what EA does best! I honestly don't understand EA's logic anymore... they continue doing things even when they know it's not a good idea. It makes absolutely no sense. I mean, why take such big risks on a game that has already been in hot water as it is!? Do they seriously not understand how close Sims 4 has come to failing several times?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. SWBF2? Mobile gaming practices are worming their way into this franchise. I would be really worried about a Sims 5, if there is any.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. SWBF2? Mobile gaming practices are worming their way into this franchise. I would be really worried about a Sims 5, if there is any.

Yes, seeing how it is going for other PC games, if TS5 ever happens, it might be online and full of microtransactions :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    QuetzalzotzQuetzalzotz Posts: 3 New Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > mmoblitz wrote: »
    >
    > This shouldn't surprise anyone. SWBF2? Mobile gaming practices are worming their way into this franchise. I would be really worried about a Sims 5, if there is any.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, seeing how it is going for other PC games, if TS5 ever happens, it might be online and full of microtransactions :/

Yeah, this is my biggest concern for TS5. I worry it'll be a subscription based game, where I have to pay a monthly fee just to get on to play. That would kill the franchise for me, and I've been playing since TS1.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    How The Sims 5 turns out will greatly depend on which The Sims 4's packs succeed the most. Of course, EA is always going to try new tactics to see how they can profit: they are a corporation and their goal is profiting. It is understandable. But we, as consumers, are the ones who show them what is and what is not acceptable. I bought Vampires. it was a step in the right direction and I would gladly buy more packs like that in the future. The same goes for Parenthood, City Living and Get To Work (although nerfing the alien abductions was a terrible move). Even Cats & Dogs was good enough for me. And Jungle Adventure looks very good: as soon as I have the money, I am going to buy it.

I am not buying Laundry Day because the whole idea is ridiculous for me. The upcoming pets hamster reskins pack is even worse, since, on top of being a ridiculous idea, it is a DLC built on top of another DLC. Therefore, I will not buy it. Even if the fish coffee table looks great, I am not buying an entire stuff pack I disagree with just because a few items look pretty. My sims can live without that table. I can enjoy the game without that item. And I will keep doing just that: enjoying the game. Only buying packs that I feel are going to add to my enjoyment and are good moves by Maxis/EA, instead of buying everything just because OMG I NEED MY B/B 100% COMPLETE!!!
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

...and the interesting journey to get here...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.